Forum.911movement.org Refugees Welcome

Major news fakery events - e.g.; September 11th, 2001 - July 7th, 2005 - July 20th, 1969
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I think the social networking can be very good and the new thing in EU that I work with is starting up social companies. I don't know anything about "Scribble Live" but lets look at it and see if it is something for us.

It looks like more Twitter/Babble/Reuters. On the other hand, it is becoming suspicious how many people just shut us down and they are not going to be able to do that as much if we keep pressing. Nobody's stopping anyone from reporting our findings on other sites. Do it! :)

It's just that we don't have all the time in the world to do it ourselves. If you care about what we're doing, please help promote it in your own way. Be creative!
MartinL
Banned

Unread post by MartinL »

hoi.polloi @ Feb 13 2010, 04:40 AM wrote:
I think the social networking can be very good and the new thing in EU that I work with is starting up social companies. I don't know anything about "Scribble Live" but lets look at it and see if it is something for us.

It looks like more Twitter/Babble/Reuters. On the other hand, it is becoming suspicious how many people just shut us down and they are not going to be able to do that as much if we keep pressing. Nobody's stopping anyone from reporting our findings on other sites. Do it! :)

It's just that we don't have all the time in the world to do it ourselves. If you care about what we're doing, please help promote it in your own way. Be creative!
Is there any chance of gettin URL's connected to the various threads?
The URL is septemberclues.org now on all forum threads, so not able to repost interesting threads, just the main page...
hoop

Unread post by hoop »

I very much appreciate your answers Duck and Hoi.
Different parts of me agree with both of you..

Duck's
Tread softly here, most are not ready yet..

This is an indisputable fact.

Hoi's adventurous spirit :)
hoi.polloi

MartinL @ Feb 13 2010, 06:30 PM wrote:
hoi.polloi 4 Feb 13 2010, 04:40 AM wrote:

Is there any chance of gettin URL's connected to the various threads?
The URL is septemberclues.org now on all forum threads, so not able to repost interesting threads, just the main page...
If you see where it says "posted" above every post, there is a time stamp. But also most people might not know that if you click on the "Posted" text, you get an exact URL to copy and paste.

This links directly to the post within a thread. Useful if you specifically like what someone said in a thread.

If you want to link generally to a thread, you can either click to the first post in a thread and click on "Posted" or you can go to the Topics menu and right click on the thread you like, and select "Copy URL" or "copy link address" option. Then you just paste that in your post and it should link directly.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Hoi, I think Martin was referring to the various articles on septemberclues.org, like The Power Of Imagery and Deconstructing 9/11. I also have wanted to send folks these individual articles, but (as Martin says) they all have the same general URL septemberclues.org.

Could you revise the site so that each article gets its own URL?
hoi.polloi

fbenario 4 Feb 15 2010, 01:26 AM wrote: Hoi, I think Martin was referring to the various articles on septemberclues.org, like The Power Of Imagery and Deconstructing 9/11. I also have wanted to send folks these individual articles, but (as Martin says) they all have the same general URL septemberclues.org.

I read "thread" as meaning forum thread, but each article has its own URL.

You can link directly to an article by right clicking on the link on the menu and selecting "copy URL" or "copy link address" function. On a single-button Mac, I think it's a control+click to bring up that menu.

But those URLs will not bring people to the complete site. It only opens the individual article and they would have to click on the September Clues TV logo at the top left of those articles to open a page with the site menu on the right.

I should turn the whole thing into a CSS site, but haven't done so yet. I guess I am just trying to save bandwidth by having people not re-download the menu on every single page. We kept running out of bandwidth before the end of each month. I know that doesn't save much, but it was just my "auto-efficiency" kicking in. Now that we have the number of visitors leveling out, though, maybe we could revise the site ... thanks for the suggestion.
fbenario

hoi.polloi 4 Feb 14 2010, 10:23 PM wrote:
fbenario 4 Feb 15 2010, 01:26 AM wrote: Hoi, I think Martin was referring to the various articles on septemberclues.org, like The Power Of Imagery and Deconstructing 9/11. I also have wanted to send folks these individual articles, but (as Martin says) they all have the same general URL septemberclues.org.

You can link directly to an article by right clicking on the link on the menu and selecting "copy URL" or "copy link address" function. On a single-button Mac, I think it's a control+click to bring up that menu.

Thanks, Hoi! That works like a charm.

I suppose I should have known that, but it never crossed my mind, in those moments of frustration at not being able to link directly to the articles.
hoi.polloi

Hey we just got 3 more years of this domain name septemberclues.org

Just so you know.
fbenario

hoi.polloi 4 Mar 15 2010, 07:26 AM wrote: Hey we just got 3 more years of this domain name septemberclues.org

Just so you know.
Love it!!!!!!!!
Rasta84

Unread post by Rasta84 »

Hey
D.Duck
Banned

Unread post by D.Duck »

Rasta,

Long time no see. Welcome to the forum, hope you will like it here.

Best
D.Duck