9/11 MEMORIAL SCAMS, VICSIMS, Etc

New Registrants Introduce Themselves
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Re: 9/11 Memorial Scams, Vicsims, Etc

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
XQB

Unread post by XQB »

simonshack wrote:Dear XQB,

Here's what I bumped into while casually surfing the "W" vicsims today ... (so thanks for the tip).

Simon,

Hilarious pics! The sim/hugger obsession in these vicsim portraits never ceases to amaze me. The huggers actually make these sims look more fake than they actually are, since we're visually presented with 2 obvious Photoshops (vicsim + hugger) instead of just the vicsim. Either they're deliberately leaving us obvious clues, or the photo-perps weren't the sharpest tools in the shed!

I plan on browsing through some more random letters on Fetchet's site. I'm not sure if you saw this in the "W" section, but high profile vicsim Elizabeth Wainio does not have a single guestbook entry or family tribute on her page. No surprises there!
XQB

Unread post by XQB »

brianv wrote:
I'd have never noticed the fingertips from the hug-me clone!
That hugger looks kinda creepy. Aside from the missing fingertips, it's almost like they threw in a random torso with no arms either!
Anonymouse

Unread post by Anonymouse »

...So I herd u liek magenta? :P

Seriously - there MUST be an easier way to conceal the insertion of mystery hugging arm than upping the brightness/contrast and throwing out the color balance. I...don't...even... :wacko:
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

...Coming up :

A statistical analysis of the faceless "We Will Never Forget" vicsims...

simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

"THE FLAGGED 9/11 VICTIMS"

So I decided to take another look at the VOICES OF SEPTEMBER website (the official listing of 9/11 victims for the Ground Zero Museum & Memorial). The focus of this latest analysis of mine is on the alleged 9/11 victims listed there - WHICH ARE "DEPICTED" WITH THIS SAD AND IRONIC IMAGE - IN LIEU OF THEIR PORTRAITS :

Now, I haven't bothered counting them all yet, but on the top of my head I'd say that - give or take - approximately 5% of the 9/11 victims have no portrait on the VOICES memorial - but are instead 'portrayed' with this sad "We-Will-Never-Forget" flag... Still, if you think about it, it is quite extraordinary that after almost 11 years, so many 9/11 victims' families have not bothered supplying a portrait of their loved one to the official Ground Zero Memorial. Anyways, my interest here was aroused as I started noticing a curious pattern, as I surfed the VOICES victim listings once again - paying special attention to these "flagged victims".

In fact, it would appear that the "flagged victims" appear in alphabetical clusters - as if they were the result of some malfunction/defect in the algorithm which was used to create the database of the "3000 9/11 victims". I hope everyone will sense the gist of my following observations - and appreciate the logical/and statistical elements I am expounding here. Please keep in mind that the common denominator here is: "FLAGGED 9/11 VICTIMS" (alleged casualties of 9/11 whose portraits are missing on the official VOICES MEMORIAL).

The first little "huh?" moment which started this analysis was at letter "E" - as I noticed these three (almost) sequential "flagged victims":

Not much of a coincidence you might say, but I proceeded to check out if these "flagged victims" would perhaps appear in a similar sequential mode - across the VOICES memorial's alphabetical listing. The next cluster of "flagged victims" I found was this - at surname initial "G":

I then found this remarkably sequential cluster of "flagged victims" under surname initial "L":

At letter "L", I also found three "flagged victims" with the surname "LEE":

I then proceeded to letter "O" - and found this sequence of "flagged victims":

Next, this is what is to be found at surname initial "R":

Here's what we have at surname initial "S":

The Shea trio is also interesting...

We then get this amazing sequence of "flagged victims" - still at letter "S":

As I said - I hope the statistical improbability of all the above is evident to any sound thinker - and that a more plausible explanation is that the above-listed, faceless "flagged 9/11 victims" were more likely just 'glitches' in the process of their digital creation.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Yeah, and maybe just too lazy to create any more digi-faces once they had a big enough batch. So add the repetitive "patriotic exhortation" to fill in the holes.

Which translates as:
:angry:
That's like the stupid big bold message on British cigarette packets shouting "smoking kills" etc. [just add an s to make it skills :P], assuming that's supposed to have some sort of psychological deterrent effect — which it doesn't, duh — except to wonder if that's what they want to subliminally implant as a belief to induce manifestation :ph34r:
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymouse

whatsgoingon wrote:Joseph Patrick Shea
Patrick J. O'Shea

Well those names were created by the same person. These must be late adds to meet a quota the team leader wanted and they did not have enough time to get those images together for the flyers around town and the like.

Statistically we can compute the odds that these flagged individuals are next to one another.

Call it 0.05^n where n is the number of flagged in a row.

When n = 2, you are talking a 0.2 % chance or 2/1000. Possible for this to happen
When n = 3, you are at 0.01 % odds or 1/10,000. Pretty unlikely unless there is another correlation.
When n = 4, you are at 1 in 160,000. Not happening without another correlation.
When n = 5, you are at 1 in 3.2 million odds. Never gonna happen unless the thing was rigged more or less.

Another kind of statistical analysis would be to determine all the clusters of flagged phots. Count these streaks and tally them. How many are singleton, twins, triples, etc. The distribution if it is untainted should be exponential and hence a random distribution. If the distribution is something else, then it is fraud.
Oooh, statistics...it's been a while, so if I accidentally speak stats gibberish I hope you'll forgive me.

So, one possible cause of a correlation, assuming the list is untainted, could be shared surnames of family members whose remaining family was unable or not forthcoming with pictures. If you could prove this statistically significant "clumping" of flagged individuals occurs, even when you control for this, the results would be more solid....yeah?

Anyhow - as I said, it's been a while, so feel free to disregard if this isn't helpful. :)
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Anonymouse wrote:Anyhow - as I said, it's been a while, so feel free to disregard if this isn't helpful. :)
Hey! You've made you position clear on apologizing for posting possibly 'too-basic' material. No need to ever apologize again, it's gotten old.

By the way, so far I like reading your stuff. Keep it up!
Anonymouse

fbenario wrote:
Anonymouse wrote:Anyhow - as I said, it's been a while, so feel free to disregard if this isn't helpful. :)
Hey! You've made you position clear on apologizing for posting possibly 'too-basic' material. No need to ever apologize again, it's gotten old.

By the way, so far I like reading your stuff. Keep it up!
Ahh, the apologizing is a bad habit of mine...I'd say "sorry", but the irony would be too much! :P

whatsgoingon wrote: Statistically we can compute the odds that these flagged individuals are next to one another.

Call it 0.05^n where n is the number of flagged in a row.

When n = 2, you are talking a 0.2 % chance or 2/1000. Possible for this to happen
When n = 3, you are at 0.01 % odds or 1/10,000. Pretty unlikely unless there is another correlation.
When n = 4, you are at 1 in 160,000. Not happening without another correlation.
When n = 5, you are at 1 in 3.2 million odds. Never gonna happen unless the thing was rigged more or less
Okay, so I have my old stats texts out and I'm trying to figure out the method you've used to calculate these probabilities. I'm not doubting you...just wanting to make sure I'm on the same page, and that I fully understand how you arrived at those numbers (rather than take it on faith, ya know?). So if you can break it down for me that would be kickass.

whatsgoingon wrote:Anyway these methods are used all the time to examine fraud by accountants. I already ran a trailing digit analysis of the last digit of the ages of all the vicsims from 9/11. They must have used a random number generator. In fact, I know they did because there are no biases in that distribution at all.
Oh wow...NO bias? That would appear to defy common sense! Also, I'm having trouble finding info on trailing digit analysis - I mean I can take a guess at what it's doing, but if you have further info that'd be awesome.
StillReeling

Unread post by StillReeling »

Hello, everyone. I am new here and have been avidly reading for a couple days now. I was just over in this thread
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... &start=885

and it occurred to me to take a peek at the memorial guest book for the 9/11 vicsims. So I start to read the guestbook for Kevin Williams http://www.legacy.com/sept11/story.aspx?personid=146603 and I was reading some excerpts in his and Crossley Williams Jr's books and noticed that people acting as if they knew these men when they were younger offered some anecdotal passage. Some tripe about seeing them when they were young...blah.

Now, I am sure as certain you all have thought of this before, and I have only had a couple days to read here so there is a LOT of unread material here for me, but I was thinking of just checking out the signers' validity. Just the ones who claim to have known these vicsims in "real life"/

I only searched two of the signers in Kevin Williams' book, but got nothing concrete at all. The first I checked out was
~
Dawn & Nicholas LiVecchi,
Mount Sinai, New York
and all I can find is generic info about Nicholas being a real estate agent in NC....no mention of NY or "Dawn". The next I looked for was Laura Aubry, Norfolk, Virginia and again, nothing.

What this all "means" isn't anything profound, nor is it a novel idea to you guys I am sure. I just thought I'd mention it...you know. Check out the people on their guest books claiming to have known them. If this has been discussed, I'd like to read about it and would appreciate a link.

Thanks!
Kham
Admin

Re: 9/11 MEMORIAL SCAMS, VICSIMS, Etc

Unread post by Kham »

Test
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: 9/11 MEMORIAL SCAMS, VICSIMS, Etc

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

And Kham, in case you don’t already know. Here is what I did to get these topics here, without messing them up in their original spots.

So, regarding this topic, I scrolled to the bottom and used the drop menu for quick mod tools, and I selected “Copy Topic.”

After clicking “add” right next to it, it brings up a screen that shows a drop down with all the forums within CF, and I selected this one, and simply copied (NOT Moved) to here.

Then I locked it, since the only topic I want being posted on by the “newly registered users” is the “Introduce Yourself to the Administrators.” You May not have needed that information, but I thought it was worth sharing, just in case.

:)