Introducing the TYCHOS

Simon Shack's (Tycho Brahe-inspired) geoaxial binary system. Discuss the book and website for the most accurate configuration of our solar system ever devised - which soundly puts to rest the geometrically impossible Copernican-Keplerian model.
simonshack
Administrator

Introducing the TYCHOS

Unread post by simonshack »

The TYCHOS model

Here it is, folks - at long last! > March 21, 2018

Earth moves at 1 mph (or 1.6 km/h) - so relax everyone ! :)

“Chi va piano, va sano” - “Those who go slowly, go safely” (old Italian adage)

Dear Cluesforum members & readers, Ladies & Gents of this planet,

Some of you may have wondered why I have been relatively inactive & absent in later times from this indomitable discussion forum (founded by yours truly & Hoi Polloi) – but I trust you will soon understand and appreciate the reasons for my prolonged 'silence' of sorts. For the last five years or so my head has been hovering, so to speak, “up in the clouds” or, should I say, a bit beyond that.

Back in 2013, and as documented on earlier threads of Cluesforum, I started questioning the validity of the Copernican solar system which we were all taught at school. At the time, I only had a few problems with it – and was just driven uncontrollably by my wretched / innate curiosity, trying to make sense of some apparent inconsistencies afflicting the same. I certainly nurtured no 'mad ambition' to wrap my head around it all - nor did I, much less, imagine myself to ever disprove the 400-year-old, universally-accepted Copernican model of our so-called Solar System.

After all, Earth, as we all used to 'know', orbited around the Sun. Period. Since everyone told me so, I - like everyone - also believed this was true for the best part of my life, and ever since my early school days. I'll always remember how anyone who'd claim the contrary was laughed out of the room – and I was among those kids giggling at such 'utter foolishness'... Well, I'm now happy to admit that I was very much mistaken about that. I was but one of many young fools.

Today, many decades later, I find it almost surreal to be able to announce publicly (and in bold / red type!) the following “breaking news” – without any fear of making a fool of myself (again):

The Sun orbits around Earth – and not vice versa. Copernicus had it 'upside down'.

My TYCHOS model is the only existing configuration of our solar system that agrees not only with astronomical observations (gathered over the centuries) - but also with all physical, optical and geometric realities known to humankind. I challenge allcomers to prove the contrary - and sincerely wish good luck to them. In fact, I will relish to debate my TYCHOS model with the wider scientific community of this planet – even though I fully realize the enormity of such an endeavor. However, and as the old saying goes, let the chips fall where they may. Let me now specificize (yup, that funny English word apparently exists !) :

Tycho Brahe was (almost) right. Copernicus was (completely) wrong - all along.

Tycho's proposed 'geo-heliocentric' model had the orbits of the Sun and Mars intersecting - much like the vast majority of our visible star systems. In other words, he had correctly (yet unwittingly) interpreted the binary nature of our solar system. Since no binary star system had yet been observed in his time, Tycho had no way of making sense of his own observations. He then made a most horrendous mistake – i.e. when he entrusted the young Kepler to solve the baffling yet crucial & all-important behavior of Mars. The rest of this tragic 'mishap' (which has set back humankind's cosmo-logical knowledge by 400+ years) is recounted in due detail in my book, “the TYCHOS model” .

All I've done is to gather the missing pieces of the broken Tychonic puzzle - and assembling it in a logical and coherent manner. It was all there, all along, for everyone to see – and I have only had the patience, stamina and intuition to bring those dispersed fragments all together. Well, not to dip into excessive, self-disparaging modesty, I should probably claim for myself a few “lucky strikes” of my own - such as, for instance, my determination of Earth's “PVP” orbit, around which we all travel at the leisurely pace of 1 mph - or 1.6 km/h! That's right: in spite of our earthly lives seemingly rushing by at breakneck speed (and despite the haste & stress imposed by our so-called modern era) our placid Mother Earth gently trundles around our cosmos ... slower than a turtle's morning-walk around the beach! May her tranquil, laid-back ways be an example for humanity to follow. That is, starting from today - March 21, the spring equinox of 2018. What a beautiful day this is.

Since I have, after all, conducted this half-decade-long research on my own without any outside help (apart from the very precious assistance from my friends - as acknowledged below) I dedicate this new understanding of our cosmos to the 'power of intuition'. I believe that it is a subject matter that should be introduced, one fine day, in our planet's schools - so that our future generations will learn how not to be fooled anymore by any of their snobby forefathers' ingrained, “firmly established knowledge”.

I also firmly believe that the TYCHOS model will stand the test of time. For all times.

And now, dear fellow earthlings (as I gently roar by the end of the book...) :

...“Let a very peaceful Tychonic revolution begin!”

Yours truly, always - Simon Shack

The brand new TYCHOS INFO website: http://www.tychos.info

As everyone may well imagine, a massive amount of efforts have gone into preparing the TYCHOS book (in its various formats), the Tychos.info website and, last but not least, the Tychosium Planetariums (2D & 3D). Even though my manuscript was (almost) ready a few months ago, a huge amount of work remained to be done: I was lucky enough to be assisted by a dream team of indefatigable helpers, namely Hoi Polloi, Patrik and Kham. The proof-reading, layout, post-editing and bibliographic referencing of the many hundreds citations of the book (as well as the entire tychos.info website construction) was handled by Hoi Polloi – with solid assistance from Kham. Patrik (aka “Patrix” on this forum) is the wondrous programmer responsible for the two gorgeous, interactive Tychosium Planetariums (2D & 3D) which, of course, represent an absolutely essential and definitive 'proof of concept' of the TYCHOS model. My infinite gratitude goes to these exceptional individuals who have dedicated untold hours of their lives to make the TYCHOS come true.

(Note for Cluesforum members: I sincerely hope all members will understand why, unlike my September Clues research, I am not uploading the entire Tychos book here at the forum. Five years of unpaid labors of love have taken their toll on my already thin and steadily-dwindling savings, and I now really need to wisen up with respect to my daily livelihood needs. However, if your finances are as limited as mine, please just contact me by e-mail and I will send you a PDF of the Tychos book free of charge. You may then, at a later stage, decide if it was worth the read – and make some donation here or at the Tychos website. This, because I think it is important that ALL members should have access to the Tychos book – no matter what.)
hoi.polloi

Re: Introducing the TYCHOS

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Cosmic Congratulations Simon!

Shortly before announcing the new site we received this comment on a TYCHOS.info post from Observer, which seems appropriate as a contribution to the announcement here on the forum:
Congratulations Simon!

I must admit, I previously regurgitated the official (and wrong) fantastic notion that “the Sun together with the Solar system move at the speed of 222km/s in a grand 240 million year revolution around the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.”

I happily sent you in 2015 that Skype video of myself using my fingers to illustrate the official fantastic notion of the solar system’s supposed “grand galactic 240 million year revolution” New-Copernican model, plus Alan Friot’s novel 2.22 degree addition to that.

I excitedly “explained” (ha-ha) to you about Alan Friot’s novel improvement (which of course erroneously naïvely assumed that official fantastic “222km/s Solar System movement” consensus model to be true) which states that Earth’s Helical Motion (meaning: revolution around, while concurrently RACING parallel with, the million-mile-a-day supposedly-speeding-sun) is NOT perfectly perpendicular to the direction of the sun, but instead, as Alan Friot claimed, “Earth’s Helical Motion has a heretofore-unconsidered vital-to-admit ACTUAL reference-plane-angle of 2.22 degrees relative-to-the-perpendicular-of-the-direction-in-which-the-sun-is-moving.”

I rudely attempted to “enlighten” (ha-ha) you about this newly-realized third-axis of Earth showing that in January Earth is slightly ‘ahead of’ the sun in this race, in April Earth is ‘even with’ the sun in this race, in July Earth is slightly ‘behind’ the sun in this race, and in October Earth is once again ‘even with’ the sun in this race, and that this novel 2.22 degree third-axis factor discovered by Alan Friot COMBINES with the mainstream second-axis (axial-tilt) factor to thus produce the “23.5 degrees above the equator, then 23.5 degrees below the equator” direct-overhead-of-the-sun location changes we see twice a year, and that this third-axis factor is vital to understanding the “nutation of the North Pole” we see every 18.6 years.

So, in that video I basically regurgitated to you what that “MIT-grad” Alan personally told me: “Earth is sometimes ahead of the sun in this race (furthest ahead in January) and Earth is sometimes behind the sun in this race (furthest behind in July), and this twice-a-year difference in position is caused by Earth’s Helical Motion revolution’s reference-plane-angle of 2.22 degrees relative-to-the-perpendicular-of-the-direction-in-which-the-sun-is-moving.”

Well, Alan’s “2.22 degree third-axis of Earth” was an interesting and frankly much-needed patch to try to explain away the Heliocentric New-Copernican “wobbling” problem, IF one were to continue believing in the problem-filled Heliocentric New-Copernican model.

But then, soon after that, as you know all too well, I dropped Alan’s patch completely when I fell in love with the mind-blowing ultimate-contrarian notion expounded upon in detail by TotalRecall aka WildHeretic: the notion that we DON’T live on the outside of a 12,742km-diameter ball but instead that we live within a 12,742km-diameter cavity, meaning that all of the “huge outer space” objects we see in the sky (the sun, the moon, stars, planets, etc) are all extremely tinier than commonly assumed, since they all are moving around WITHIN our 12,742km-diameter cavity called Concave Earth.

http://i.imgur.com/yzmlWO9.jpg

In my defense (meaning, in defense of my ability to discern logic from illogic) Concave Earth seemed to logically state that a tiny sun (whether a natural electric phenomena or artificial, either way) within our 12,742km-diameter cavity acts like a spotlight sending out light which bends outwardly from the source, which in general thus causes the illusion of this cavity NOT appearing concave, but over water before sunset the bending light does allow one to see farther than straight light on a convex ball could possibly allow, which seems to be logical proof of concavity. And this theory also logically states that this spotlight sun constantly spinning around of course directs its bending light slightly more upwards towards the northern half of the cavity during summer, and slightly more downwards towards the southern half of the cavity during winter. And this theory also logically adds in the bonus theory that the so-called “ionosphere” at the 100km height (which bounces Earth-sent radio-waves back to Earth, allowing worldwide radio relay) is actually more like a thick glass-like barrier (the possible true cause of 100km being the limit of actual upward exploration) and probably the container which holds in the den-pressure of the atmosphere (the possible true cause of what makes it difficult to float up in the air) thus that 100km barrier which has prevented any actual “space exploration” from having ever occurred is a logical point which can be agreed upon by both concave and convex free-thinkers.

Anyway, the main point is, just as I previously allowed myself to relax and let go of the Heliocentric New-Copernican consensus theory, which required also letting go of the Alan Friot’s lovely 2.22 degree third-axis patch, now here too I hereby am allowing myself to relax and let go of the Concave cavity theory for the next few years, starting right now, so that I can truly with fresh eyes and an open mind and open heart, soak in and understand something totally new: your courageous unique and quite possibly absolutely correct new TYCHOS model.

The seed of a revolutionary idea you began watering 5 years ago is coming to fruition.

Again Simon, Congratulations!

Love & Gratitude

Observer
fakeologist

Unread post by fakeologist »

Yes, congratulations Simon!
I hope that you gain 10x the notoriety for this than the vastly under-publicized September Clues research. Perhaps then you will be credited for helping solve two great mysteries of the modern world. I also wish that you capture the imagination of children around the world before NASA derails them for a life time in their view of the solar system. Exciting times ahead (and above)! :rolleyes:
patrix

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by patrix »

( ADMIN NOTICE: This post by Patrix is in response to a post in the Chatbox by Hoi Polloi: http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2405426#p2405426 )

hoi.polloi » March 21st, 2018, 4:35 am wrote:
Now ... I am sure you are dreading this question but as a fan I gotta ask, when are you going to write a new song about the TYCHOS?

:lol:
It's all about the precession Hoi... :-)

https://thesocialservice1.bandcamp.com/track/precession

What a day, and what an historical vernal equinox!

About two years ago I was a confused and jarred middle aged man, lying awake at night trying to make sense of an event concerning a couple of planes and buildings that you are all very familiar with. Bit by bit since then, I've been forced to throw much of my world view and preconceptions into the trashcan where they belong.

I'm not the guy who's able to write the kind of quality research that is the signum of this forum, but I do have a social conscience and a desire to help out as much I can when I think it's called for. I am also a quite decent programmer/developer. So it has been a gift from the heavens for me to be able to help Simon to write some code that illustrates and simulates his groundbreaking model.

When you talk about building houses, there's a saying - Build your first house for a stranger, the second house for a friend, and the third house for your self. And this is correct about programming also. But non the less Tychosium 2d is a well working program that I am proud of. In fact it is the only simulation of our solar system that is in accordance with observations.

But in the works, as we speak, are Tychosium 3d. And the amazing thing with seeing it come to life, is that it further confirms Simons model because it is in perfect accordance with observations.

Have you seen these little loops of Mars retrograde for example?
https://goo.gl/BBYpyW

The Copernican "explanations" that shows up when you do a search like this I must say I find laughable. I challenge anyone to do a Copernican simulation that show these loops.

Tychosium 3d draws them perfectly with the trace setting. And let me be clear that *all* the Tychosium does is to take Simons model (that he has been able to fine tune using this program) and animates it.

I am no math genius, but lucky for me the math required here is very simple. No need for Keplers or Newtons extremely advanced mathematics. Every object moves in a circle at constant speeds.

Tychosium 3d will be available in May for paying visitors to Tychos.info. But I will work hard to have a first version out before that. And this is purely pro bono work from my part. Simon has devoted 5 years to bring Tychos to life, so please support him in any way you can. This is my small contribution.

After Tychosium 3d, it is time for the house for me, but all of you are of course invited. :-) A new 2d version adapted for mobile phone use. That version will be free and open source, just as the current Tychosium 2d.

Let a very peaceful Tychonic revolution and an equally peaceful Copernican counter revolution begin. And may reason prevail, as Simon so well puts it.

Peace. /Patrik, on Tychos day
Last edited by patrix on Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Congratulations Simon!

Showtime!!! :-)
hoi.polloi

antipodean » March 22nd, 2018, 12:45 am wrote:
nonhocapito » March 22nd, 2018, 10:17 am wrote: Emancipating people from the burden of media and propaganda, I love that. I immediately see the immense political, social, moral and emotional repercussions of that. Pursuing the truth on the nature of the Solar system, I don't feel so invested in it.
I pretty much agree although speaking as someone who hasn't really been interested in exploring the nature of our Solar System, Simon's research has piqued some interest in me when looking at the numbers.

Does our earth really travel nearly a billion Ks a year when circumnavigating the Sun ? 150 mil Ks X 6.28 = 942mil

Also @ 1mph or 1.6kph the Earth would take 67,392 years to circumnavigate the Sun. The TYCHOS model has the Earth taking 25,344 years to circumnavigate the Sun.

So is the TYCHOS model saying that the Earth is 56 million Ks from the Sun ?
antipodean wrote this message in another topic and I wanted to address it here since it seems like antipodean is the first person outside of "Team Tychos" willing to discuss it right here on the forum.

In the TYCHOS, Earth is almost stationary (moving at the "tranquil pace" of 1 mph to quote Simon).

Its orbit is not around an object. Instead Earth is near or at the barycenter of the Sun's and Mars' orbits around Earth. If you had to choose a "hierarchy" as we are trained to do, you could look at it this way, drawing it as a "Spirograph" in your mind, starting simply and with no further elaboration about days, numbers and exact orbit sizes ...

1. Nothing is in the middle. Consider it just a compass point.
2. Earth goes around that in 25344 years.
3. The Moon goes around the Earth, its orbit "staying" with the Earth as we are familiar with orbits doing.
4. The Sun goes around the Earth (and the space encompassing Earth's entire orbit); Earth is at or near the (bary)center of the Sun's orbit, which takes 1 year to transit around the Earth.
5. Mars goes around the Sun, the center of its orbit staying with the Sun, and Mars will occasionally pass through that "compass point" in the middle of Earth's orbit. But nothing collides with anything else because everything is moving in sync in perfectly circular orbits.

The rest is very interesting but let's start there and observe the TYCHOS model:

TYCHOSIUM 2D : https://codepen.io/simonshack/pen/JavqPO?editors=0010

Do you have any objections to this model so far? I am happy to hear your perspective and "walk you through" it to the best of my ability. Though I am sure Simon is best at it, I must become better at explaining.

Let's discuss just these five points first since it's a major "shift" in understanding from the Copernican understanding. Do you have any questions about the proofs for these observations that I may answer?

You can verify the geometry in any of the planetariums modeled on Earth-based observations:

http://www.neave.com/planetarium
or
http://www.stellarium.org
or
http://www.worldwidetelescope.org

They are all free and fun to use.
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

I'm with you now. I don't know what it is that made me think the 25,344 year figure was for the Earth orbiting the sun. So that would make it an approx orbit of 355 mill Ks.

Last edited by antipodean on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

hoi.polloi » Today, 09:13 wrote:1. Nothing is in the middle. Consider it just a compass point.
2. Earth goes around that in 25344 years.
3. The Moon goes around the Earth, its orbit "staying" with the Earth as we are familiar with orbits doing.
4. The Sun goes around the Earth (and the space encompassing Earth's entire orbit); Earth is at or near the (bary)center of the Sun's orbit, which takes 1 year to transit around the Earth.
5. Mars goes around the Sun, the center of its orbit staying with the Sun, and Mars will occasionally pass through that "compass point" in the middle of Earth's orbit. But nothing collides with anything else because everything is moving in sync in perfectly circular orbits.
Regardless of how I may have expressed my personal feelings on the whole direction of the forum, or even of my personal not so excited feelings about the research itself, I certainly am sincerely amazed by the appearance of this work. It does seem of great importance. For the little I can follow, I'd like to ask a -probably silly- question or two, if I may.

Off the top of my head:
1) According to this model, does the earth spin on its axis? (implication: Is the relatively high speed at which it spins physically reconcilable with the 1mph slow pace at which it revolves (if that's the word)?)
2) Is the size of the Sun, I imagine, reconsidered and reduced considerably according to this model? Is there an estimate of its size? (Implication: in order for the idea of the sun rotating around the earth held by gravity to work?)
2b) Or else: Is the force holding the orbits together still the so called force of gravity?

Thanks in advance to whomever might be able to answer this. I have merely browsed through the book at this stage of course.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

nonhocapito » March 22nd, 2018, 8:17 am wrote: Off the top of my head:
1) According to this model, does the earth spin on its axis? (implication: Is the relatively high speed at which it spins physically reconcilable with the 1mph slow pace at which it revolves (if that's the word)?)
2) Is the size of the Sun, I imagine, reconsidered and reduced considerably according to this model? Is there an estimate of its size? (Implication: in order for the idea of the sun rotating around the earth held by gravity to work?)
2b) Or else: Is the force holding the orbits together still the so called force of gravity?

Thanks in advance to whomever might be able to answer this. I have merely browsed through the book at this stage of course.
I'm practicing here as a spokesperson for Simon's model so please correct me if anything is wrong/unclear

1) Yes. the Earth spins around its own axis in 24 hours, as in the Copernican or the semi-Tychonic model.

2) No. Tychos agrees with all official distances to, and sizes of, the planets and the Sun. But not with the claimed distances to the stars. The trigonometry calculations made to determine the distances to stars have used the assumed 300 million km wide orbit of the Earth which Tychos does not agree with. But Simon's model agrees with the diameter of the Earth, and that is what's been used to calculate the distances to the planets, and therefore they are correct.

2b) Simon does not go into the physics. This is a geometrical model. But binary stars are posing grave problems for Newton's laws of gravity and this model does not use Kepler's laws of planetary motion which incorporates elliptic orbits and planets moving at variable speeds. All planets and the Sun instead move in true circles at constant speeds.
hoi.polloi

antipodean wrote:So that would make it an approx orbit of 355 mill Ks.
That's correct. Or closer to 356 Mkm by Simon's reckoning. Just extrapolating from the approximately 1 mph motion (i.e.; 1 mph x 8766 hours per year x 25344 years?) you get pretty close but it would be, you know, a very slight difference. (Simon estimated Earth actually travels slightly slightly slightly less than 1 mph). So it turns out to be "turtles all the way down" it seems, speed wise.

Though the family had a pet turtle once and I must say he could cruise! Probably just a bit faster than the Earth's lateral motion when he got going.
^_^
Altair

Unread post by Altair »

patrix » March 22nd, 2018, 10:04 am wrote: 2b) Simon does not go into the physics. This is a geometrical model. But binary stars are posing grave problems for Newton's laws of gravity and this model does not use Kepler's laws of planetary motion which incorporates elliptic orbits and planets moving at variable speeds. All planets and the Sun instead move in true circles at constant speeds.
I've just skimmed through the model, and indeed I find that geometrically makes a lot more sense than the Copernican one. However I cannot let go the physics go astray... As the classics said, contra facta non valent argumenta, and if Tychos explains perfectly all the gaps left behind by Copernicus, then an alternative to the Newtonian physics model should be found.

I also have some doubts about the baricenter concept. As simonshack mentions, it's not a matter of finding a central point, but for what I've seen in the simulation, Earth would be at times quite far away from this baricenter (which should fall somewhere in the straight line Mars-Sun).

If we're going to base upon Newtonian physics, then we should introduce the hypotesis of a really massive body that would shift the baricenter away from the Sun, as Mars is way too small to produce such effect, and Jupiter is too far away.

Anyway, I fully agree that the 'centralist' notion should be abandoned, as all we have is a bunch of stellar bodies in movement. Now it's left to explain WHY they behave this way.

I must admit that at the beginning TYCHOS seemed to me kind of a stretch, but after looking more in depth into it, and independently researching all the shortcomings of the Copernican model that were mentioned (specially the parallax anomalies), it began to make sense. Congrats on your work!
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

hoi.polloi wrote:1. Nothing is in the middle.
Just meditating aloud, not really asking for answers...

Logic demands that a center must exist before one can draw a circumference. The central point is one (1), while the number of points along the circumference (and the number of possible circumferences) is indefinite (often symbolized by the number 9 and its multiples, such as 25344 or 25920, or the 9 circles of Dante's Inferno).

In the case of orbiting bodies, however, there is no way of keeping physics out of the discussion. Newton´s laws aside, my mind is intrigued by the question: what is that invisible but physical center which Earth (in fact, the whole system) orbits around? Is it simply a locus where forces are balanced out? If so, when the system came into existence, did planetary bodies simply start orbiting around a random "locality" in the void?
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Just a curious aside...

A couple of years ago I visited the Zimmer Clock Tower and Museum in Lier, Belgium. I don´t know what sort of space lore clockmaker Louis Zimmer (1888-1970) believed in, but today the museum is a blatant piece of NASA propaganda.

Lunar landings timepiece. Talk about bad taste...

Anyhow, among his numerous clocks and devices is a dial "recording the period of precession of the Earth’s axis" (said to be the slowest clock pointer in the world). I don´t know where Zimmer got the 25,800 figure from (Simon?), but it´s definitely wrong.

simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Flabbergasted wrote: In the case of orbiting bodies, however, there is no way of keeping physics out of the discussion. Newton´s laws aside, my mind is intrigued by the question: what is that invisible but physical center which Earth (in fact, the whole system) orbits around? Is it simply a locus where forces are balanced out? If so, when the system came into existence, did planetary bodies simply start orbiting around a random "locality" in the void?
That is indeed a good question, dear Flabbergasted.

The thing is, you will have to extend this very same, fundamental question to the vast majority of our visible stars (about 85% of them - and counting, since observational astronomers keep discovering new 'double-stars' (binary systems) at an ever-increasing rate, thanks to modern Adaptive Optics technologies).

The below animation (to be found at the Binary Research Institute's website ) shows what would be a classic / ultra-common binary system.
Please disregard the highly-elliptical shapes of the orbits in this animation, a 'graphic malpractice' which is, unfortunately, a legacy of Kepler's orbital "Laws". (Incidentally, note that we can see how & why our meteor showers might occur at regular intervals all over the world).

So the question becomes: why would our own star, the Sun, be located in the middle of our system - whereas 85%+ of our visible stars revolve around each other (and around an empty, "random locality", as you call it) - as illustrated above? Why has even the very idea that "something big (i.e. the largest body) MUST lie in the middle of our system" been imprinted so deeply in our minds?
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

patrix » Today, 14:04 wrote:
nonhocapito » March 22nd, 2018, 8:17 am wrote: 2) No. Tychos agrees with all official distances to, and sizes of, the planets and the Sun. But not with the claimed distances to the stars. The trigonometry calculations made to determine the distances to stars have used the assumed 300 million km wide orbit of the Earth which Tychos does not agree with. But Simon's model agrees with the diameter of the Earth, and that is what's been used to calculate the distances to the planets, and therefore they are correct.

2b) Simon does not go into the physics. This is a geometrical model. But binary stars are posing grave problems for Newton's laws of gravity and this model does not use Kepler's laws of planetary motion which incorporates elliptic orbits and planets moving at variable speeds. All planets and the Sun instead move in true circles at constant speeds.
[EDIT:] Scratching my own question. I'm reading the chapter on the binary system and I think I've understood. The sun and mars are not following the earth as much as the earth is captured in the middle of their system?