THE DERAILING ROOM

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Sending TYCHOS to Astronomy Institutions

Unread post by simonshack »

Mansur wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:48 am Incidentally, if memory serves, the causes and nature of Bruno's excommunication, trial and stake were entirely theological-dogmatic or doctrinal and not due to his 'astronomical views'.
Well, dear Mansur...

Please know that there is, here in Italy, still much debate today about the true reasons as to why exactly Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake.
This question is far from being settled - and you shouldn't just buy into the 'official line', such as that which you may find on the Wikipedia.

"Il rogo di Giordano Bruno" https://storiedistoria.com/2021/02/giordano-bruno/

Now, having read volumes of (mostly Italian) literature about the poor man, I can tell you what follows - in a nutshell: Giordano Bruno was what some would call today a "conspiracy theorist", i.e. a true freedom fighter who used his formidable intellect to expose - at 360°- all of the sleazy shenanigans (at every imaginable level) and oppressive antics of the rogue (whether political or religious) rulers & potentates of his time. He was just too much of an 'inconvenient thinker' - and was therefore (imho) burned at the stake.

So let's see: what if I myself get burned at the stake tomorrow morning? Will people, 400 years from now, remember me as the fellow who spent his life exposing the utter fakeness of the 9/11 event in Manhattan? Of NASA's alleged space explorations? Of the alleged muslim terror attacks around the world? Of the Atomic Bomb? Of the Coronavirus Circus? ... Or perhaps of the ridiculous Copernican / heliocentric model of our Solar System?

Well, I frankly wouldn't care that much about what exactly people (400 years from now) would remember me for. But if someone would argue that "Simon Shack's TYCHOS model had NO influence on the decision of burning him at the stake", I would laugh very loudly at them - from my little shack in Eden... :lol:
Mansur

Unread post by Mansur »

simonshack wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:00 pmHe was just too much of an 'inconvenient thinker' - and was therefore (imho) burned at the stake.
Of course he was, - as was everyone the Inquisition got its hands on. But the 'uncomfortable' about him wasn't his astronomical views. That is what I was trying to point out.*

No one is being burned for his scientific views, neither then (when such a thing simply did not exist, but was just being born) nor now, not even persecuted (and if anyone seems to be so, it would and does indeed belong specifically to this forum - as a particularly tricky propaganda or part of it). If one were to seriously want to exploit, or to give any foundation at all to, such historical analogies or parallels, one should - in my opinion - consider the Galileo affair. I tried to refer to that too. **

So I don't really know what to say to your - rather poetic - question. What would you say if various internet sources reported that an unknown eccentric Hungarian or hungarian Eccentric yet known by the pseudonym Mansur had circumnavigated the Earth several times in his self-made spacecraft and brought back evidence of its complete lack of motion?

This tiny little word 'if' has been an accomplice to many evil pranks, large and small - to keep it in the strictest quarantine until is has undergone all the necessary tests.

* I don't think we need to go into his detailed life story here. (The article, by the way, which you linked to, does not contain a single word quote - which is a feature of the latest modern internet reviews - similar to low school textbooks. Why gloss over: shameful propaganda article from start to finish. Though only issued as it seems from the circus of 'Catholic' vs. 'Protestants', - so it's not relevant here.)

** However, this whole parallel thing, on your part, Simon, - let me speak out – doesn’t seem too humble.

fakeologist wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:30 pmAs I've said many times before there's no such thing as bad publicity.
Although I am completely of the opposite opinion, there seems to have been a reason for the statement: could there be worse publicity than this vaticanobservatory?

Mansur wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:40 pm No one is being burned for his scientific views, neither then (when such a thing simply did not exist, but was just being born) nor now, not even persecuted (...)
Mansur - oh Mansur... :rolleyes: Are you serious?

As I read that ridiculous and outrageously wrong statement of yours, I thought I could hear the coffins of ten thousand "witches" creaking - as their charred bones rolled in their graves. You see, and just FYI, back in 'medieval' times, so-called "witches" were regularly burned at the stake - more often than not because they practiced natural medicine which posed a threat to 'established medical science':
When Wise Women Were Witches - The wiping out of women healers in medieval Europe
"The medieval Church disagreed that wise women were doing God’s work. Churches were opening universities, professionalizing medicine to be practiced by book-learned men, so they needed to wipe out the competition." https://liviecampbell.medium.com/when-w ... 6e42ce2610

Witches: women with knowledge of philosophy and herbal medicine were burned for ‘knowing too much’
https://aamazonia.com.br/witches-women- ... h/?lang=en

"Because these female folk healers often cured what doctors could not, the physicians complained about the competition. The parish priest was also challenged by the women who inherited pagan recipes for healing brews that worked without religion or despite it. And when a woman became so self sufficient that she lived alone amidst her plant kingdom, men in general were intimidated by her lack of dependency. So naturally the solution was to deem her success in league with the devil ensuring death by fire at the stake." https://eu.desertsun.com/story/life/hom ... 740817002/
Apart from such utterly barbaric executions of particularly wise, smart and caring individuals, history is replete with examples of scientists who have been 'eliminated' in one way or another. To cite but one such example, Ettore Maiorana was one of Italy's top young scientists of all time but, as I have good reasons to suspect, he was "whacked" because he refused to go along with the pathetic mega hoax of the "atomic bomb" - concocted by THIS GANG of (mostly jewish) clowns.
"On 25 March 1938, he [Ettore Maiorana] disappeared under mysterious circumstances after purchasing a ticket to travel by ship from Palermo to Naples." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ettore_Majorana
I will spare you the list of countless such cases (of outright murders of 'inconvenient thinkers') and even if many others were not assassinated - but only silenced, ridiculed and dismissed as 'crackpots' - you may agree that such demeaning and defamatory antics are tantamount (for any scientist) to being figuratively "burned at the stake".

Now, my 'dear' Mansur, having said that - I'm probably about to engage in the same intolerance that I have just lamented and denounced - but don't worry, you won't be burning at the stake. The thing is, my patience with respect to your incessant / disjointed (and often incomprehensible) ramblings on this forum has simply run out. It's been a very long time since I deactivated the account of a particularly active Cluesforum member such as yourself, so I feel the need to list the multiple reasons why I will do so:

- I have duly read ALL of your posts, but I cannot recall a single one that provided any sort of valuable information about this troubled world that we live in.

- Your posts have been - unfailingly and systematically - antagonistic / sour / surly / gloomy / cantankerous / and oftentimes laced with ill-concealed contempt, sarcasm and irony towards every member of this forum.

- One of the main reasons / motivations why I founded this forum back in 2009 was to try to share, encourage and convey some constructive & POSITIVE thoughts and strategies to contrast the atrociously NEGATIVE situation in which our planet's current 'rulers' (a.k.a. "The Nutwork" - or "The Powers that Shouldn't Be") have placed us in. Your dour, pseudo-intellectual, arrogant and frankly depressing contributions to this forum are certainly not the sort of stuff that we need at this moment in time: we are at war (a war waged by the potentates against the entire world's population) and - as we all know - to win any war you must keep the "morale of the troops" high. Your posts are defeatist and demoralizing, Mansur - and that's a definite no-no attitude as far as I'm concerned.

- Why you even bother posting on this thread (concerned with the diffusion of my TYCHOS model) is beyond me - especially since you haven't shown any interest in the Tychos research whatsoever.

Lastly, I wish you luck with proving that the Earth doesn't move at 1mph - as I have thoroughly demonstrated (qualitatively and quantitatively) with my TYCHOS model. The fact that the Vatican Observatory has mentioned my research (and linked to it) surely cannot be a bad thing - whatever your glum mind may think of it.

Bye now. I sincerely hope you will find a better place to vent and share your dark & pessimistic world views with like-minded doomday thinkers.

In the interest of 'democratic fairness', I will let you respond to this 'goodbye post' of mine - for the next 48 hours.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Good riddance.
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

Flabbergasted wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:29 am Good riddance.
I agree. I couldn't comprehend any of his over intellectualised word salad posts. For a while I even put it down to myself not having had a University education.
Mansur

Unread post by Mansur »

You are absolutely right, there is probably not a single point on which we agree. You preach the primacy of reason quite a lot, yet most of your posts are strongly emotionally motivated. All your accusations against me fall entirely under the 'Simon says so, therefore it is so' rubric. I don't preach reason, but if someone is already doing so, perhaps he could actually show the presence of reason or rational consideration. If you say something is vague or incoherent, it must be so. And all of your followers agree with you, quite verbatim.

Has it not occurred to you, Simon that only the sycophants remain on this forum. Everyone else has disappeared. I should have done the same a long time ago.

The 'positive attitude' that you advocate I find utterly opportunistic. If you have not looked into the pit of real negatives, you have no right to be 'positive' at all... which are behind them and can only be found there.

That no one has ever been seriously persecuted for his scientific views must be maintained. I do not see how what you have said above can be taken as a refutation. Whoever those healers were, they were not working on the principles of modern science. As for the Italian hero, he fits very well into the complex mythology of nuclear fear mongering. But by now almost everyone has forgotten to apply the filter of 'mass deception' to media news, to all of them and to do so habitually.

One just has to say goodbye to someone: but who?
simonshack
Administrator

Mansur wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:20 pm That no one has ever been seriously persecuted for his scientific views must be maintained. Whoever those healers were, they were not working on the principles of modern science.
Yeah, right - that wondeful 'modern science' which brought upon us the Covid vaccine genocide. :lol: :rolleyes:
memoryhole

Re: THE DERAILING ROOM

Unread post by memoryhole »

I truly admire your patience Simon, but Mansur's departure is long overdue. I can attest that I'm still around and very busy with old friends reconnecting ever since the entire COVID-19 and Vaccine narratives have come crashing down on them. It's a very very busy time for so-called "conspiracy theorists", business is good!
Newsbender

Unread post by Newsbender »

I'm still here too, I've just been lurking for the last few months as everything I posted resulted in a spat with Mansur which was distracting for the forum. I'm not sure what his problem was, we are all meant to be on the same side here. I'm glad he's gone.
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

Newsbender wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:15 am I'm still here too, I've just been lurking for the last few months as everything I posted resulted in a spat with Mansur which was distracting for the forum. I'm not sure what his problem was, we are all meant to be on the same side here. I'm glad he's gone.
The impression I got was that Mansur had got himself vaccinated.
Newsbender

Unread post by Newsbender »

That would explain a great many things!
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Newsbender wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:15 am ...everything I posted resulted in a spat with Mansur which was distracting for the forum.
The same thing happened to me. Mansur was bound to muck up anything I posted and pollute the thread. I don´t mind having my views disputed or my facts checked (and corrected), but there can be no debate unless the other person's point is minimally intelligible. If I responded to what appeared to be his contention, I knew an even greater mental confusion would ensue. If this is a forum disruption technique (I haven´t made my mind up about that), it´s pretty astute and effective.
Macaria

Unread post by Macaria »

I very much appreciate the consistently positive and often jocular tone that our esteemed host provides here.
But what do I know? I'm just a sycophant that prefers positivity to the pit of real negatives...

Like Flabbergasted, I still wonder whether Mansur's aim was disruption or not. He was provocative and disagreeable, perhaps deliberately. That I might be taking the bait by engaging with him did cross my mind many times...