Miscellaneous Receptacle

Discussions related to both taboo and peculiar areas of research.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: Introducing the TYCHOS

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

simonshack » November 6th, 2019, 1:02 pm wrote:
. . .

In other words, if the TYCHOSIUM featured a "Gregorian year-counter", it would display for the above position of Halley's comet April 10, 837 (or thereabouts) instead of 851-05-13. Patrik and I are, in fact, currently working on the implementation of just such a Gregorian year-counter in the TYCHOSIUM. Until then, this 1.684% reduction factor must be applied to any comparative verifications (vis-à-vis heliocentric simulators) of such long-term orbital periods.

. . .
Simon,

Thank you for that important clarification. I don’t expect anyone (or anything) that goes by “quantumtroll” will be updating said post to account for the alleged discrepancy. But that’s okay.

Also, the idea of adding the “Gregorian year-counter” is an excellent one, as it will serve to upend misleading arguments—and prevent pure misunderstandings.

:)

[SCS: I’ve temporarily moved my post here pending clarification.]
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Dear members and readers,

My fellow Admin (Michiganj) and I will be loading the upgraded phpBB version this afternoon (around 4:30 or so—Central Standard Time). If you see a message about the board being down for maintenance or an upgrade, please know that we are aiming for a minimal downtime.

Sincerely,
michiganj

Re: Miscellaneous Receptacle

Unread post by michiganj »

Dear Simon,

After logging in to Dreamhost go to "Manage Domains" and click the "WebFTP" link.

This will take you to the root folder for cluesforum.info. In the folder labelled "store" you will find the backups made from the ACP panel.

To download the entire forum, click the up arrow to get to the root folder "ryastr24". From there you can right click and download.

I'm happy to help with anything else you need.

David
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: Miscellaneous Receptacle

Thanks David. Much appreciated. I’m going to give that a try as well. My backup earlier failed (the other way).

Edit: Backups were successful last night. :)
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: The CORONAVIRUS circus

simonshack wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:38 pm *

From the "expert virologist's" mouth... (Anthony Fauci)

https://videopress.com/v/nwE9hNLx

Which leads to this logical conclusion:
Simon,

The image you linked isn’t displaying—at least on my device anyway. It just says “Image” on the screen. Would you mind double checking that?

Thanks friend :)
HonestlyNow

Re: The CORONAVIRUS circus

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

SacredCowSlayer wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:47 pm
simonshack wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:38 pm Image
The image you linked isn’t displaying—at least on my device anyway. It just says “Image” on the screen. Would you mind double checking that?
Yes, it's not displaying. And one way to check for sure is to quote the reply, and search the link that is within the [img] tag.
In this case, the result is "400 Bad Request" missing a cookie.