Simon in the USA — Summer 2018

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
anonjedi2

Re: Simon in the USA — Summer 2018

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Dammit, I wish I would have seen this. I live in Aurora, not too far from the Denver Airport. Feeling sad that I missed an opportunity to meet the two of you!
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Oh I would have liked to meet you too. Well, it might have been brief as we would have to get out from behind the security area and back again before boarding closed. Still, we'll have to make it another time when we can just relax and chat. See you around hopefully!
hoi.polloi

Simon will be giving FREE presentations of the TYCHOS at two major University locations in the USA this month before heading back home to Italy.

Location 1: Flagstaff

We couldn't find a good picture of this (probably unimpressive unphotogenic) building but if you peer through the archway in Google StreetView, it's that boring brick looking thing in the very background.

Nevertheless! Come to the free presentation and enjoy Simon's speaking engagement!

Friday, August 17, 2018 @ 4:30-6:30pm
Northern Arizona University
Physical Science Building
Room #233
527 S Beaver St, Flagstaff, AZ

Google may not map you to the correct location. Please find facility parking, which will be about $7 or $1/hr on the street (we were informed). I haven't spent much time at NAU so we will be a bit unfamiliar with it, but it looks very bicycle friendly. Provided it's not storming. And it might be.

Location 2: Minneapolis

Thursday, August 23, 2018 @ 6:30-9:30pm
University of Minnesota
John T. Tate Astrophysics Hall
Room #110
116 Church St. SE, Minneapolis, MN

As for parking here, can't help you. I know there are parking structures around. But it's a beautifully walkable/bikable/rollerskatable/busable/trainable campus so anyway you come to the U of M show up for some complimentary coffee (that's coming out of my rapidly dwindling personal budget but, hey — Science! Philosophy! Challenging the mainstream! And I will get a paying job again soon) and stimulating solar system stuff!

Hopefully see you there!
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

hoi.polloi » August 9th, 2018, 11:27 am wrote:Simon will be giving FREE presentations of the TYCHOS at two major University locations in the USA this month before heading back home to Italy.
Are you planning to film the presentations? Will the schedule include time for questions/debate after each presentation?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Flabbergasted » August 9th, 2018, 3:24 pm wrote:
hoi.polloi » August 9th, 2018, 11:27 am wrote:Simon will be giving FREE presentations of the TYCHOS at two major University locations in the USA this month before heading back home to Italy.
Are you planning to film the presentations? Will the schedule include time for questions/debate after each presentation?
Dear Flabbergasted,

Yes, there'll be a Q&A after each presentation - and I certainly hope that many questions will be submitted. As for filming, we have no plans for that at the moment since there's only the two of us (Hoi and I) at both presentations and there's only so much we can do! Anyhow, we plan to put together some video material in the near future to illustrate the Tychos model's workings with sound and imagery.
hoi.polloi

We've concluded our presentation in Flagstaff. There were just nine attendees and there was a very mixed response. The patient listeners, the resistant, the overwhelmed, the silent, the friends and the curious. We got into some discussion with some people resistant to the information on a seemingly religious level of adherence to the mainstream and it was quite interesting. We've learned a lot about presentation!

Next time we do the presentation we plan on being a bit more reserved and I will aid Simon as the "question taker" at the end to prevent unnecessary or derailing discussions from dominating the presentation.

After the presentation we had a great meeting with user michiganj and I think we came to a lot of great discussion and understanding; since we've come to trust each other, I am giving michiganj moderator status (that he admirably doesn't even seem to really want and isn't really expected to use anyway) but which might be useful one day if Simon and I are super busy and we need someone trustworthy to glance at the state of the forum.
michiganj

Unread post by michiganj »

Dear Hoi, certainly the time will come when Tychos becomes more popular and you will need to devote more of your time and energy away from the forum in support of Simon's work. Whenever needed, I will gratefully offer any help that I can.

Dear Simon, the Q&A session following your presentation proved to be quite revealing. It was exciting at first to see two NAU students stay to discuss Tychos but was quickly disappointed by their behavior. Neither one could postulate a reasonable argument against Tychos but instead, resorted to such adolescent comments like "this is shit!" and "you are so fucking wrong!". It is disheartening to learn that this is what we can expect from today's college graduates.

Hopefully you will have better success in Minnesota.

A good friend once told me to remember these words;

Nil Illegitimus Carborundum

Which he said translates to "Don't let the bastards wear you down".
simonshack
Administrator

michiganj » August 19th, 2018, 6:22 pm wrote: A good friend once told me to remember these words;

Nil Illegitimus Carborundum

Which he said translates to "Don't let the bastards wear you down".
Thanks, michiganj - I'll surely try and remember those words. And I might add: Nil Illegitimus Carburetor! (sorry dear forum readers, only mighiganj will understand! :P )...
PianoRacer
____

Unread post by PianoRacer »

Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.

I’m not sure why anyone expected anything different. Kent Hovind has many videos where he goes and gives presentations at universities, some quite prestigious, and after demolishing the “science” of evolution the reaction is largely the same as you describe (immaturity, vulgarities, etc.)

University students (and most faculty) are essentially children in adult bodies. Like most people, they have little to no interest in the truth if it conflicts with their beliefs and the beliefs of those around them.

Would you expect a different reaction if you presented the evidence behind Septwmber Clues at a journalism convention? I assume not. What is the point to what you are doing? It seems like a colossal waste of time and energy. I would think your time would be better spent completing the 3D computer model that appears to have made little to no progress since it was introduced many months ago. That might be harder for the masses to so easily dismiss!
simonshack
Administrator

I hear you, dear Pianoracer - but rest assured that Patrik has, since returning from well-deserved summer vacation with his family, been resuming his work on the Tychosiums (2D and 3D) and that I'll be doing so very soon too. I must say that, far from a waste of time, this little 'US summer tour' has been most interesting and that Hoi and I (we also both needed some 'vacation' of sorts - we're only humans, you know! :P ) have learned a lot along the way.
aa5

Unread post by aa5 »

Science is our society's religion. So when you attack a key pillar of that science, astronomy, especially our solar system, you are attacking their religious beliefs.

What they fear subconsciously imo is that if you can put doubt in their minds about this, it brings into question everything else they have been taught over the years. Among other emotions, there is ego involved for university grads, if some of what they learned may be fake or wrong, then it calls into question their own knowledge of the world, versus the people who did not take those courses.

In comparison let me show you what a much more advanced thinker would react to Simon's presentation. If they did not believe, they would voice their objections to Simon. If Simon was able to answer those objections and they could not logically overcome those answers, then the advanced thinker would have to say they 'need to look into it more, but its a very interesting idea', or something of that nature if they still did not believe.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Dear PR and Simon,

Yes I’m at work with Tychosium. I’m currently learning 3D graphics from the ground up since I’ve realized I cannot “cheat” anymore if I’m going to be able to implement things like an earth view camera. These are the kind of Youtubes I’m currently watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTN4nawkrZs. 3D graphics is a fascinating area and of course an extremely useful tool in this type of research. Those poor chaps Tycho and Kepler had nothing of the like at their disposal. They had to resort to pen and paper and maybe mechanical models.

I encourage anyone inclined to help me out or develop a program of their own. Nature speaks in simple terms as Tychos said, and as Simon has further confirmed. The motions in TYCHOS are perfectly circular and at the moment we only have a tilting earth as opposed to before when the orbits of the sun and inner planets was tilted in respect to earths orbit. So building your own geometrically correct planetarium is not that hard. Extract the orbital sizes and speeds from TS2D or 3D, plug them into a sin/cos function and off you go. I find it a bit ironic that although many of us have a stroke of vanity and urge to make great and historical discoveries or be associated with them, we tend to miss the opportunities given to us. It may seem hopeless to raise awareness around the things discussed at CF but every bit helps, and with the communication capabilities of today these matters may indeed go “viral”. And something so remarkably interesting as Simons TYCHOS will certainly help, although it can be seen as detached from it as well. Why NASA has not discovered the things Simon points out and that are perfectly verifiable from earth, is up to them to answer.

I think one of the biggest “Psyops” of our time is the notion “There are no secrets”. That our world is completely mapped and that "we" are now proceeding with charting the universe. Our authorities claim they are doing an excellent job and that there are no longer any secrets in science that the common man can discover or understand. But the truth is that they have regressed science to an almost ridiculous level in order to further their own interests and control.

And I disagree with the notion that presenting this to the scientific community is a waste of time. They should have this in their face whenever opportunity is given. Of course it will be ignored for as long as possible, but as it grows among amateur astronomers and the public, they will have to relate to it, and use their propaganda machine to enforce their religion dressed up as science. And one thing does not exclude another. The work with Tychosium and ongoing research is equally important. But Simon doing presentations and getting skilled at it, which is never a trivial task, is very important in my view.

I’m currently reading N. Martin Gwynnes essays and find them very interesting, but I also think it is important to keep the authors own words in mind when reading them.
The danger of using establishment writers to expose the nonsense of others is that, even as they do so, they will often impose on us further nonsense of their own.
For example, the author vindicates the results of the Michelson Morley experiment that was designed to detect earths 100 000 kph movement around the Sun, but detected no significant motion. But then he dismisses the results of Foucault’s pendulum and the Coriolis effect that confirms earth’s daily rotation around its axis.

I’m just reading this now, and haven’t looked closely at the objections yet, but this seems like confirmation bias. The result of one experiment he finds credible, but the result of two others he explains away. And logic and reason favors a rotating (and of course round) earth. I can see how this was not self-evident or perhaps even interesting before the invention of the telescope. No astronomer could see what the stars actually were. They could be small specks of lights traveling at great speeds which they had to if earth was not rotating around its axis. But now we know those stars are similar to our own sun and we’ve detected planets together with them that rotate around their axes, and therefore it's very illogical to think these worlds, similar to ours, would be spinning like mad around our own.

All the best and have a good weekend everyone /Patrix
Last edited by patrix on Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
aa5

Unread post by aa5 »

patrix » August 24th, 2018, 12:21 am wrote:I think one of the biggest “Psyops” of our time is the notion “There are no secrets”. That our world is completely mapped and that "we" are now proceeding with charting the universe. Our authorities claim they are doing an excellent job and that there are no longer any secrets in science that the common man can discover or understand. But the truth is that they have regressed science and reason to an almost ridiculous level in order to further their own interests and control.

And I disagree with the notion that presenting this to the scientific community is a waste of time. They should have this in their face whenever opportunity is given. Of course it will be ignored for as long as possible, but as it grows among amateur astronomers and the public, they will have to relate to it, and use their propaganda machine to enforce their religion dressed up as science. And one thing does not exclude another. The work with Tychosium and ongoing research is equally important. But Simon doing presentations and getting skilled at it, which is never a trivial task, is very important in my view.
At first when I learned science in high school I was sort of disappointed that 'all the easy discoveries had been made a long time ago'. Today's science was presented as like billion dollar programs, with 100's or 1000's of employees, and each expert had at least 10 years of post-secondary education, plus years of researching.

It took me more than 10 years after high school to realize that science is still wide open. For example I can only imagine the knowledge that a determined researcher could gain playing with electrical phenomena with easily available electrical equipment, in his own garage.

Something I didn't understand in highschool, was that the type of mind that can actually push science forward is exceedingly rare. There is a reason in the 1800's in each field, it was just a handful of people whose names we know and made 99% of the progress. Look at with this psy-op stuff, how many people, even really smart, educated people are capable of seeing through the psy-ops - very few. And that stuff is relatively easy compared to delving into science's mysteries.

I think the rulers are quite happy with people having the idea that even ultra creative people its too late for them to make an impact in science.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

patrix » August 24th, 2018, 5:21 am wrote:But now we know those stars are similar to our own sun and we’ve detected planets together with them that rotate around their axes...
"Detected" in what sense? Have we sighted such planets, or is their existence (and rotation) merely inferred?
Flabbergasted
Administrator

patrix » August 24th, 2018, 5:21 am wrote:For example, the author vindicates the results of the Michelson Morley experiment that was designed to detect earths 100 000 kph movement around the Sun, but detected no significant motion. But then he dismisses the results of Foucault’s pendulum and the Coriolis effect that confirms earth’s daily rotation around its axis [...] this seems like confirmation bias.
That´s sound judgment. Unfortunately, this mix of well-founded criticism and error or bias afflicts almost every attempt at bringing down mainstream science paradigms.