THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
hoi.polloi

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

rusty wrote:3. Why was the gunman not able to hit anyone at this short range?
As far as I understand it, it can generally be quite difficult to hit people accurately due to people's unfamiliarity with perspective in real life, and how a ray might travel from one's hand weapon. What's more surprising to me is how many PsyOps there are in which we are told the killer hits so many people so perfectly with the efficiency that a trained soldier only dreams about.

However, depending on a so-called 'psychological profile' or a state of mind, of course one's accuracy may improve or decline.

I am not endorsing the story, and I don't mean to get off topic from an analysis of the alleged event.
hoi.polloi

Fresh conspiracy news — pretty funny, if it's a legitimate complaint.

"CNN Posts 100 Sandy Hook videos in a single hour"

I won't link the video because it's too close to the (Jesuit) Alex Jones Humpty Trumpty crowd, but it raises an interesting argument. Three days before the Democratic National Convention (for those of you still tied to the absurd "party" politics of the MSM) it rather pathetically promotes gun control legislation. The keynote speaker at the convention? Ostensibly, it will be a Sandy Hook victim that officially "died" and is now being interviewed in the media about the incident. Another incidence of "quantity over quality" one might imagine?

But something else doesn't sit right with me about the conspiracy videos that are quick to "side" with one or another position: this feels like a way to spin awareness of TV fakery directly back into the two-party politics, while claiming to do anything but. It's almost useless to explain to people that Bernie Sanders did his job of bringing in progressives and unwitting fascists and/or neocommunists (used pseudo-endearingly) kicking and screaming back to the allegiance of the Clinton dynasty; or that Donald Trump is basically the cookie cutter politician claiming to support any and every position that will get him votes. Want to see him as a libertarian that will protect gun laws? Sure! Why not? The point is that a disturbing number of these "conspiracy" videos that show awareness of TV fakery seem to be doing the political game of gathering viewers (as a politician gathers voters) and where are they spun? Right into Alex Jones, Trump, teabagger-of-the-moment, advertisement for a commercial movie (Hillary's America in this case), or sometimes more of what I would call celebritech — the latest gadget or doohickey based on a stupid Snowden/Assange understanding of cyber-security.

Where should they be, then? I don't know. I really don't. And I'm thankful the word is spreading. And I'm thankful that videos like this can summarize and point out fakery; it also points out that 'David Wheeler' is a crisis actor, supposedly father of "slain Sandy Hook kid" and is also a poor fake acting soldier from the event. The hoax's "Conservation of players" is a great lesson for people to understand.

In summary, I don't have a particular point but just wanted to share this video, its messages, and my reflections on it. I hope when we do post videos, we can at least offer some of that and not always just do a "drop link and dash".
lux

Unread post by lux »

nonhocapito » July 17th, 2016, 2:29 pm wrote:This is a picture of vice-president candidate Mike Pence, run by him on twitter
:

I can't believe all the stuff you guys missed in this "photo."

- The name of the restaurant (Chillin' and Grillin') is misspelled on the menu (though it appears to be correctly spelled on the next table over).

- Pence's right hand is missing. (which is just as well since he also has no silverware).

- The shadows of the mugs on the table are all different, even when only a few inches apart. How could that be?

- It's not so much that the sister's image is missing from the reflection but that the reflection shows a 2-person table while the subjects are sitting at a 4-person table (to be fair I think someone here did mention something about this).

OK. As you were.
hoi.polloi

Redact your post sir! :P

Chili's restaurant's menu is purposeful misspelling (we can assume?)

The fingertips of the missing hand are arguably visible.

The lighting of silly Americana slimebuckets like Chili's are table-by-table.

But good points to look for, anyway. Political pics like this are undoubtedly crafted and spun anyhow. Hard to look at too long and not see plenty wrong. :puke:
animus

Unread post by animus »

CluedIn » July 23rd, 2016, 12:49 am wrote:This video of the Munich gunman, is being pushed pretty hard. I have watched it at least 50 times and this one shows the best view at the 3 second mark where the gunman just appears to be coming out of the green garbage can.
It does look strange but it could be due to him running out (instead of walking) so that during the zoom all that motion is too much to capture for the camera. The lady in the white dress on the left, also at second 3, looks strange as well. First I thought she was looking back holding her hands up high and protecting her face. It took me a a moment until I realized that she is probably taller than I originally thought and has both hands in her handbag and the face is just not visible. But there is a second pair of legs behind her which look odd as well.

Why the comparison with the pants, CluedIn?

In addition to rusty's points I'd like to add that it's very curious that the best quality of this McD shooting video came from the media. At least I couldn't find any video that is as good as this one aired from Merkur.de, a newspaper from Munich (skip the first 10 seconds):

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3u0MDqyT-o
yt-title: Augenzeuge der Schießerei am OEZ in München _ Neben mir am Boden ist er gestorben

Also see this screenshot from sueddeutsche.de, it has much more clarity than you can see in the youtube videos:

Same with the shooter himself. Where in the video do you see this much detail (top right)?
(I don't know where I originally got this picture from. Found it with google images this morning but forgot to save the url)

Here are three pictures of one of the victims:

Regarding the second picture:
Whats in his mouth? Looks like it was painted in. Notice the black pixel on the left bottom of this brown mouth piece.
The sweatshirt has a different form than in the picture above. Looks like the head has been lain on it. Why does a dead body need a cushion? The fact that it doesn't have any blood stain (together with the thought that the head has rested upon it) might indicate that the blood on the floor is not real but was put there after moving the "cushion" to the side. Not sure what else the sweatshirt could have been used for. Or was it random "baggage" which the guy hold in his hands or around his neck before he got shot?
Can anybody see a white fence in the third picture?

edit: Found another one:
lux

Unread post by lux »

OK, I will give it one more try and if you still don't get it I will return to the land from whence I came. (Actually, I will return to the land from whence I came whether you get it or not).

It's not chili's.

I repeat. It's not chili's.

I repeat again. It's not chili's.

Look at the menu closely.

This is chili's logo:

Do you see anything like that on the menu in the "photo"?

OK, one more time. It's not chili's.

It's another restaurant with a different name. Look at the menu closely.

It's called Chillin' and Grillin'.

There are a lot of these restaurants in the USA.
See:
http://tinyurl.com/hufd75s

and it's misspelled on the menu with only one ''L" in the word "Chillin' but two "L's" in the word "Grillin'".

Are you with me so far? Did you really click on the link I provided above? Did you really read the menu closely? I'll assume you did and continue.

Now, on the menu on the next table it appears to be spelled correctly with two "Ls" in both words:

OK, moving on ,,,

As for Pence's missing hand, this is an enlargement of the hand area and I don't see any fingertips or any other hand parts:

hoi.polloi » July 23rd, 2016, 12:36 pm wrote:
The lighting of silly Americana slimebuckets like Chili's are table-by-table.
I don't know what this is supposed to mean. The only lighting I mentioned was on a single table. I mentioned the mugs. There are 4 mugs on the foreground table and the shadows are all different.

OK, I did my best. Carry on. As you were. Give a hug and a kiss for me to brianv.

Cheers and Aloha.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Not that I give Two Pence about either the alleged "photograph" or the subject or the poster for that matter, but I have never seen a Menu that was printed correctly. They are normally printed at very low-cost by unskilled workers - where English might not be the first language.

Carry on.
Last edited by brianv on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CluedIn

Unread post by CluedIn »

animus » July 23rd, 2016, 6:06 pm wrote: Why the comparison with the pants, CluedIn?
In the Brussels bombing it was noted how the woman on the phone had patches on both thighs and calves of her blue jeans. The woman pictured in Munich has similar patches, albeit more decorative. The patches make the pants appear to be stunt pants where if needed the patches could be ripped off to give the appearance of tattered clothing due to "x, y or z".
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

Sirs, Yes Sirs! :)

Great Scott! The return of the Legendary Lux?

Dearest Lux,

I have to take this opportunity to thank you for your immense contributions to this forum. You and brianv are the Ali/Frazier of CluesForum and your heated exchanges raised the level of discourse for all. Again, I sincerely thank you both! ;)
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

lux,
I paid a visit to the local Chili's, and that is in fact their current menu. As far as the lighting is concerned, many of the tables have a single hanging lamp shining upon the center of the table.
lux

Unread post by lux »

@ ICfreely:
Thank you and you're welcome.

@ HonestlyNow:
OK, it's Chili's menu. I hereby commend you for deftly missing all the important parts of my post by a mile and focusing right in on the least important detail possible. Have a cheeseburger on me. You've earned it.

Now I really mean it:
Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies ...

-
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

lux » July 23rd, 2016, 2:20 pm wrote:
nonhocapito » July 17th, 2016, 2:29 pm wrote:This is a picture of vice-president candidate Mike Pence, run by him on twitter:

I can't believe all the stuff you guys missed in this "photo."

- The name of the restaurant (Chillin' and Grillin') is misspelled on the menu (though it appears to be correctly spelled on the next table over).

- Pence's right hand is missing. (which is just as well since he also has no silverware).

- The shadows of the mugs on the table are all different, even when only a few inches apart. How could that be?

- It's not so much that the sister's image is missing from the reflection but that the reflection shows a 2-person table while the subjects are sitting at a 4-person table (to be fair I think someone here did mention something about this).

OK. As you were.
Dear Lux,

Nice observations.

I agree the hand is missing. I'm not sure how it could be tucked between the other arm and the table. It's very weird looking, and I don't see how that escaped me the first time.

The booth size (or the people?) is really awkward as well. The lady on the left appears to be taking up the whole space, so the perspective is all messed up.

I considered the shadow issue, but if a single lamp was directly centered over the table that could be possible. Indoor lighting and shadows are of course more tricky than how the sun casts shadows.

But I appreciated your post very much, and I'm always delighted to see what kinds of things will escape my attention.

At the end of the day this image matters very little. But on another level I suppose we have to stay sharp because the monkey business is just going to get worse and we need to be able to see whatever they think they are getting away with.

Fakery is a candidates wildest dreams come true. They can appear to be tirelessly on the campaign trail by dropping imagery through social media etc.

Contributors to the campaign will be happy to advertise that VP candidate ____ ate here! Who cares if it's just a shopped in image of him sitting at a booth? I would suggest they check things like spelling and make sure they have the correct advertising logos if they want the checks to clear.

Just a thought.

[Original post edited because I was evidently mistaken about the strange "Chilin' & Grillin'" menu which (I have been told by a local Chili's employee) is the current menu- despite the fact that it can't be found online that way (at least by me). But it wasn't interesting enough to actually drive over there and look myself. Thanks to Honestlynow for doing so.
Last edited by SacredCowSlayer on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

CluedIn » 22 Jul 2016, 03:32 wrote:
Serik » July 21st, 2016, 11:22 am wrote:Only crisis actor parents can compare their just dead son with eating food.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW18eVfHt8A
That was quite the comparison! :rolleyes:
Following on from the Pence photo shoot in the chillin' & Grillin' strange how at the 0:44 mark in the Nice video, when it goes back to the anchor on a split screen the word 'GRILL' is over her left shoulder...
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

SacredCowSlayer » July 23rd, 2016, 10:46 pm wrote: Whatever that place is supposed to be, it sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with Chili's, which is a distinctly different restaurant. They don't even use that expression, so I think your point there is a very good one.
Since that is the actual Chili's menu, what is it you mean that "they don't even use that expression"?
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

HonestlyNow » July 24th, 2016, 7:21 am wrote:
SacredCowSlayer » July 23rd, 2016, 10:46 pm wrote: Whatever that place is supposed to be, it sure as hell doesn't have anything to do with Chili's, which is a distinctly different restaurant. They don't even use that expression, so I think your point there is a very good one.
Since that is the actual Chili's menu, what is it you mean that "they don't even use that expression"?
Okay I stand corrected about Chili's not using that expression. It appears they do.

But their menu is different in that they use "AND" (between Chillin and Grillin) instead of "&", plus they spell it correctly with "Chillin".

Also the Chili's menu has their recognizable pepper and trademark/logo identifiers as pointed out by Lux.

It won't ruin my day if it turns out I'm wrong about this and he really went to a Chili's with a misspelled menu etc., but since we are discussing it I thought it was worth being thorough.

Besides, it's Nice to take a break from all the ridiculous "terrorism" garbage every now and then.

Note: I asked a local Chili's employee and was told that the menu with the one L in "Chilin" is the current menu- despite the fact that it can't be found online that way (at least by me). But it wasn't interesting enough to actually drive over there and look myself. Thanks to Honestlynow for doing so.
Last edited by SacredCowSlayer on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.