THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Critical Mass

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Critical Mass »

simonshack wrote:Dear CM, I have long been thinking of asking you if you'd be ok with joining the (minuscule) Cluesforum admin team.

I've just upgraded your account to 'Global Moderator' (for as long as you like) - hope that's fine with you. :)

Oh - and let me know if this works for you: for instance, are you able to you edit your old posts now?
Thanks Simon, I'm honoured to help out with the administration of this amazing forum.

Yeah your upgrade of my account appears to be working fine.

I have a bunch of new moderator options & I've just fixed a grammatical error I made a few weeks back.

Next stop 'trutube' I suppose.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

^
Congratulations on your new position CM. Yes, Cluesforum is an outstanding site.
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

brianv wrote:^
Congratulations on your new position CM. Yes, Cluesforum is an outstanding site.
Thanks Brianv.

On other fronts I have managed to set-up a trutube account... it took me all day before I realized it just wasn't going to work with Firefox for some reason (I had to use Google chrome instead).

Uploads aren't working either at the moment as the site has some server issues. I'm starting to suspect trutube may not be stable enough for Cluesforum use... but we'll see.
tokyojoe1
Banned

Unread post by tokyojoe1 »

So what's going on with this Martin Shkreli that the media, and everybody on social media, keeps hating on.

CEO Who Price Gouged HIV Drug Arrested
Martin Shkreli, a lightning rod for growing outrage over soaring prescription drug prices, was arrested in New York by the FBI on Thursday on securities fraud charges involving his former hedge fund and a pharmaceutical company he previously headed.
Shkreli, who is now chief executive officer of Turing Pharmaceuticals and KaloBios Pharmaceuticals Inc, was charged in a federal indictment related to his time managing hedge fund MSMB Capital Management and heading biopharmaceutical company Retrophin Inc.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/mar ... 8fe3024db9

Well we're aware of Big Pharma and it's price gouging, and all the other nasty things it probably does. So what's the point of creating this Shkreli character to get everyone riled up over? What are they trying to distract us from?

Looking at his biography I notice an interesting connection.
After four years at Cramer Berkowitz, Shkreli held jobs at UBS, and at Intrepid Capital Management, before starting his first hedge fund, Elea Capital Management,
UBS being involved with 9/11 and the employer of the strange guy Hoi Polloi had a phone call with.

So I haven't take a lot of time to dive into this story yet, but looking at pictures of him, something felt off. In videos he couldn't have appeared more douchey, almost like he was trying to be. Then I saw an interview that just felt weird.

Do his eyes, his blink, and the way his smile disappears feel odd to anybody else?

Does he give anybody else a James Holmes, Aurora shooter vibe? The way his eyes gradually open.

tokyojoe1
Banned

Check out these video game characters.

ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

Jumpy,

Throughout the four corners of the globe Italy is renowned for its innumerable contributions (Architecture, literature, music, fine art, premiere sports cars, high fashion, jewelry, food, wine, CluesForum, etc.) to society. ‘Made in Italy’ means something - Italians take pride in their work and it shows!

That’s the mark of true greatness! Not wearing an ‘Italians do it better’ t-shirt like Snooki or JW :wub: WW!

Of all the minority groups in America, I empathize most with Native and African Americans. They are the only people who have a right to tell everyone else to go back to where they came from. Native Americans didn’t invite the Europeans and African Americans didn’t voluntarily come to America. They were brought here as a permanent underclass to build the foundations of this country over the course of several hundred years!

No one listened to the complaints of Native Americans when Hollywood portrayed them negatively in western movies. Not enough people took African Americans seriously when they complained about the emerging police state. All puffed up with himself, Whitey was on the moon & the revolution would not be televised. The TpTB played on the white man’s pride and used it to subjugate & demoralize the red and black man. Having used whitey to their advantage, TpTB are now humbling him. The end game is to make equal slaves of all men in a brave new global plantation.

My message to all the butt-hurt, self-proclaimed ‘Aryans’ and ‘Caucasians’ is:

Masa masa, que no pasa?
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

tokyojoe1 wrote:Check out these video game characters.

Amidst all the drama he took time off to rearrange his coiffure to the left. I also did notice the throat area doing funny things in the gif you posted joe. Latex mask? Or perhaps another Snowden/MaxHeadroom character?
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I, for one, applaud the decision the mods took to lock that unspeakable thread, and I might add that any attempt to derail any of the other threads as a consequence, including this one, should be summarily dealt with. 250 guests right now, I wonder if it's anyway connected!!
tokyojoe1
Banned

brianv wrote:
tokyojoe1 wrote:Check out these video game characters.

Amidst all the drama he took time off to rearrange his coiffure to the left. I also did notice the throat area doing funny things in the gif you posted joe. Latex mask? Or perhaps another Snowden/MaxHeadroom character?
Glad you responded to this, brianv. I started a thread on it:

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1853
ICfreely

Thank you, Joe!

For the last couple of months I've began to really wonder if I'm just wasting my time here. If I'm actually getting through to anyone. Your empty righteous indignation has unequivocally laid my mind to rest. I have been wasting my precious time! I guess you could say the jokeyo has been on me :) . I'm done watching my gems get trampled upon by ingrate/unworthy swine. I don't need this shit (especially from a guy whose contributions are inversely proportional to his emotionally stunted whining!). It's all yours buddy, I'm tapping out. You 'win.' :lol: Have at it, champ! ;)

P.S.
Admins: Please move my 'insulting'/'derailing' posts in joe's thread to derail or dump them all together at your earliest convenience. Thanks in advance!
tokyojoe1
Banned

ICfreely wrote:Thank you, Joe!

For the last couple of months I've began to really wonder if I'm just wasting my time here. If I'm actually getting through to anyone. Your empty righteous indignation has unequivocally laid my mind to rest. I have been wasting my precious time! I guess you could say the jokeyo has been on me :) . I'm done watching my gems get trampled upon by ingrate/unworthy swine. I don't need this shit (especially from a guy whose contributions are inversely proportional to his emotionally stunted whining!). It's all yours buddy, I'm tapping out. You 'win.' :lol: Have at it, champ! ;)

P.S.
Admins: Please move my 'insulting'/'derailing' posts in joe's thread to derail or dump them all together at your earliest convenience. Thanks in advance!
I'm just waiting to hear exactly what bothered you in the Shkreli and Facebook threads.

What gems did you provide? You spent half the post talking about Spiderman being gay. Yet I'm unworthy swine? Your talking about Wonderboy in a Big Pharma thread and I'm emotionally stunted?

I'm not trying to win, I'm just trying to get a conversation going about the fakery with Martin Shkreli. I don't care if I'm wrong about him not being a sim. As long as we're having some sort of dialogue about it. We'll scratch through to the truth eventually. I'm just really confused about what the problem is.
ICfreely

tokyojoe1 wrote:I'm just waiting to hear exactly what bothered you in the Shkreli and Facebook threads.
For the last time, you thickheaded dimwit, nothing bothered me. I could give a rats fat ass about Shkreli and Facebook. I answered your closing questions dead seriously (GEMS!). My reference to your 'spidey sense' post was a hat tip but you're too emotionally insecure (stunted, damaged or whatever) to interpret it as such. You're a cripple. It's not your fault!

My 'Fear of the Invisible' link Is a treasure chest of GEMS unto itself you momo! But you're to self-obsessed to read it. And you ANNOUNCE it like a little whiny bitch! :lol: Were you expecting me to beg you to reconsider? That kind of bitch-ass shit may work with your mommy joey. Not here! You put on your big boy pants & retort like u have a pair. So fuck you jokeyo, fuck you very much for being an ingrate punk!

You're not trying to win? Bitch please! You can't even play! :lol: As for Spiderman, I have 15-20 posts in my head just on comic super heroes alone that are relevant to everything discussed here. But I can't expect you to understand that. You're a checkers player, thinking two moves ahead. I'm a chess master, thinking 15 moves ahead. I could intellectually tear you to shreds but picking on handicapped people isn't my thing. Keep focusing on whatever the fuck you want. I'm sure you'll break new ground for CF with your dazzling insights!

I don't need you to help me 'scratch through' anything you fucking idiot! This isn't some support group. You're too stupid to know when to SHUT THE FUCK UP, LISTEN and LEARN! But again, it's not your fault. You're a momo! Yes, I am too good to put up with snotty insulting fuck faces like you! Are we clear? You're not fit to converse with me & your insult was the straw that broke the camel's back. so 'congrats' for that! :) I truly don't need this shit from you of all people. Who the fuck are you? You haven't even distinguished yourself & you mouth off at me? :huh: I'm tapping out to give you your opportunity to shine. I can't allow myself to derail a special savant like you jokeyo! I gladly pass the baton to you. So we both win! :D

Merry Christmas & happy holidays/new year to all! :)
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

ICfreely wrote: Merry Christmas & happy holidays/new year to all! :)
Same to you ICfreely - and to all valiant CF members ! :)

(P.S. :Tokyo problem solved - sorry for the late intervention - but I just thought I'd let it burn out by spontaneous combustion).
tokyojoe1 wrote:So here's where I need help from the Clues Forum
and...
tokyojoe1 wrote: Forgive me since I'm not well-versed with Pharma lies, but besides AIDS, what diseases do this forum suspect are also fake?
Obvious trolling. :angry:
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

ICfreely wrote:For the last couple of months I've began to really wonder if I'm just wasting my time here.
No, IC, you are absolutely not wasting your time here. I read all your posts and they are very much appreciated, whether I agree with every point or not. However, my time is limited and your topics are so varied and philosophically complex that I am unable to engage in a proper exchange with you.
Don't let the apparent silence discourage you. Sometimes it's actually a good sign!
JLapage

Unread post by JLapage »

@ICfreely
For the last couple of months I've began to really wonder if I'm just wasting my time here. If I'm actually getting through to anyone.
You are definitely getting through. I, for one, understand and appreciate your very substantive posts regarding the masonic Newton and his rivalry with Leibniz, and all other posts regarding science and scientists. Like you, I came to realize that the medical establishment here in the US is a business that simply seeks to categorize any complaint by a patient into a "disease" for which the patient has to be medicated. Medication that is addictive and in the long run debilitating. They are experts at medical billing and treating their invented diseases for profit. It's a fact that they created a spectrum of mental diseases, AIDS, and many others.

By the way, is there a thread for this topic of 'made up diseases'? I know of the AIDS thread. How about a general topic of 'made up diseases'? Anyway, ICfreely, I just wanted to say that your posts are excellent and quite enriching. And I do appreciate your posts on science and the promoted scientists a lot.