THE DERAILING ROOM

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Maat

Re: REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

Unread post by Maat »

hoi.polloi wrote:
Selene wrote:My question is why would they fake a plane crash? I find it so senseless to do. 9/11 and all the other hoaxes around the world had a purpose. The purpose here is "showing that they can fake something"? I don't get it. So I don't reject the idea of fakery in this particular case, but am not convinced by it either.
You're still here? Denying that we've proven video fakery? Ho-humming and adding absolutely nothing of your own research? You haven't refuted any of the points in the TAIPEI thread, but you still claim to sit on the fence. Did you even read it? Obviously not.

You claim to care about the satellite issue, but offer absolutely no evidence to the working theory that satellites are bunk — nor to any sort of contrary. It seems you haven't actually read that forum either.

What do you do? Simply read the title of a thread and then come up with your own random, unrelated thoughts vaguely defending the official story? Is that your assignment? You certainly act like it is.

This is at least the third time you have been warned about this. With every post you fail to acknowledge the problem of your belligerent ignorance of the topics being discussed, it begs the questions: What are you doing here? Why do you write lengthy posts about absolutely nothing? How could you still be contributing nothing to the forum after everything we have told you about the purpose of the forum? How can you claim to be at all familiar with the evidence of fakery presented on thousands of pages of reading material?

You are not really claiming to be "agnostic" on something obviously fake, asking for "debate" when you don't even understand the questions. You are essentially saying, "I don't care what points you've made, and I'm not going to think about them until you do research for me, on my terms."

This isn't your blog or your Facebook page. You claim to be doing what, exactly, for the public, by being a numb idiot that doesn't read the forum you're on?

I am moving your comments to the Derailing Room until I have some sense you are actually reading the forum you claim to use, and you can present cogent arguments based on all that has been discussed in those threads.

Cripes. Sometimes, you people claiming to represent "fairness" really fail at representing an opposing opinion. No wonder we have to ban folks like you so often! It's like reading your shopping list. Wasting our time. I can see why some on here think your own "motivations" for being here really stink. Quite highly. I would basically categorize your attempt at contributions so far as falsely impassioned yawns and feigned ignorance of the entire subject matter of this forum.
Thank you, Hoi! When I saw that one, I was too damn tired & couldn't use the keyboard with both palms on my face!

They must come from some epistemological twilight zone :wacko: When irrefutable evidence proves something was faked, it's not necessary to know “why”, by whom, or even exactly how.
brianv

Re: THE DERAILING ROOM

Unread post by brianv »

hoi-polloi wrote:It's like reading your shopping list.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Selene
Banned

Re: REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

Unread post by Selene »

Hi hoi.polloi,

I really don't understand this. I posted 2 posts with a list of points I wanted to raise. It is my style of posting, if you have suggestions, please feel free to share. I am open to change the way I post?

Yesterday I wanted to send you and simon a private message, but that didn't work, so I sent an email to simon, with the question to forward it to you.
hoi.polloi wrote:You're still here? Denying that we've proven video fakery? Ho-humming and adding absolutely nothing of your own research? You haven't refuted any of the points in the TAIPEI thread, but you still claim to sit on the fence. Did you even read it? Obviously not.
Yes I did and there are many strange things which have been pointed out. So, no, I am not "denying" your analysis on video fakery at all, but does it mean we all are convinced at once?

I think doubts are very scientific?
You claim to care about the satellite issue, but offer absolutely no evidence to the working theory that satellites are bunk — nor to any sort of contrary. It seems you haven't actually read that forum either.
I did, and I am not saying satellites are "bunk" (do you mean the opposite of "debunked"?), I am raising the point that so many people work with the data. And are not part of perpetration per se. Just ordinary users. So to keep that hoax going you have to be able to fool professional people. Not like other hoaxes as they must come directly from NASA and related space agencies. There are so many private satellite companies, that makes it different.
What do you do? Simply read the title of a thread and then come up with your own random, unrelated thoughts vaguely defending the official story? Is that your assignment? You certainly act like it is.

This is at least the third time you have been warned about this. With every post you fail to acknowledge the problem of your belligerent ignorance of the topics being discussed, it begs the questions: What are you doing here? Why do you write lengthy posts about absolutely nothing? How could you still be contributing nothing to the forum after everything we have told you about the purpose of the forum? How can you claim to be at all familiar with the evidence of fakery presented on thousands of pages of reading material?
Please, let's talk about this in private. Did you get my email via simon?
You are not really claiming to be "agnostic" on something obviously fake, asking for "debate" when you don't even understand the questions. You are essentially saying, "I don't care what points you've made, and I'm not going to think about them until you do research for me, on my terms."
No, not at all, hoi. I do care a lot, otherwise I wouldn't be here. But I am not in this 10s of years like I read from others. I am tumbling down the rabbit hole at an enormous pace, so it's very confronting all. If your world views have been changed so many years ago, I understand it's hard to imagine others haven't.
This isn't your blog or your Facebook page. You claim to be doing what, exactly, for the public, by being a numb idiot that doesn't read the forum you're on?

I am moving your comments to the Derailing Room until I have some sense you are actually reading the forum you claim to use, and you can present cogent arguments based on all that has been discussed in those threads.

Cripes. Sometimes, you people claiming to represent "fairness" really fail at representing an opposing opinion. No wonder we have to ban folks like you so often! It's like reading your shopping list. Wasting our time. I can see why some on here think your own "motivations" for being here really stink. Quite highly. I would basically categorize your attempt at contributions so far as falsely impassioned yawns and feigned ignorance of the entire subject matter of this forum.
Ban "people like me"? I cannot imagine who and how many you had to ban, but I really don't see what base you have to ban me? I am reading your forum, but it's an awful lot. I have read all the space related topics, added one point of importance on the rockets (temperature) and raised some points on the satellites. You decide to put them here and not in the topic about it.

Like I said, things can be better solved with personal communication. Please let's have this based on the email?

Selene
Selene
Banned

Unread post by Selene »

Dear hoi.polloi, brianv, and others who were asking rightly for my own contributions, I've done a piece on "ISIS'" last video of the alleged Mosul Library:

http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... 7#p2394437

I had a very good phone conversation with simon by the way.

I hope this helps clearing up a bit my style of investigating (and I'd wish I was at this level for satellites, etc., I am in the early question stage there...) and trying to work things out. Apologies for the way it is presented; I'd like to scale down the images, if possible. If you do not like the formatting of the post, please let me know.

Cheers,

Selene
Maat

Re: TAIPEI river plane crash

Unread post by Maat »

Starbucked wrote:Unfortunately it appears as though CIA/Mossad MK Ultra brainwashed small 'n cute animal patsies are conspiring, as further evidenced by this woodpecker hijacked by a baby weasel. Lord save us.

Not trying to be a party pooper, Starbucked, but this doesn’t really fit the fake Taipei plane topic vs disinfo joke ;) A least weasel attacking a bird is a likely enough event, despite the rarity of capturing it on film — so this photo is not necessarily fake. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03 ... 89644.html

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMnjhxsm-Gc

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw-OOdfogUQ

Here's a video which, although titled “Weasel vs Seagull”, appears to be a mink, but still shows the same tenacity & relative size of predator to bird:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k319DbHU80

For size reference, this is a least weasel:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2CTVqt2wxU

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Least_weasel
“The least weasel (Mustela nivalis), or simply weasel in the UK,[2] is the smallest member of the genus Mustela and of the family Mustelidae (as well as the smallest of the Carnivora), native to Eurasia, North America and North Africa, though it has been introduced elsewhere. It is classed as being of Least Concern by the IUCN, due to its wide distribution and presumed large population. …
Small rodents form the largest part of the least weasel's diet, but it also kills and eats rabbits and other mammals, and occasionally birds, birds' eggs, fish and frogs. …

Despite its small size, the least weasel is a fierce hunter, capable of killing a rabbit five to ten times its own weight.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

So weasel bites into woody's neck and they both plummet to earth. And that's all for tonight kids.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scorpion_and_the_Frog
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

It inspired various shoopers' versions too, of course :lol:

http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/natu ... 21611.html
Weasel-Woodpecker-Putin.jpg
Weasel-Woodpecker-Putin.jpg (39.07 KiB) Viewed 10610 times
Weasel=Woodpecker-Putin2.jpg
Weasel=Woodpecker-Putin2.jpg (26.26 KiB) Viewed 10610 times
Weasel-Woodpecker-Gandalf.jpg
Weasel-Woodpecker-Gandalf.jpg (26.24 KiB) Viewed 10610 times
Selene
Banned

Re: The 'cold' of space and our Universe that isn't

Unread post by Selene »

simonshack wrote:Dear Selene,

I am sure that you are aware that hundreds of "Geostationary satellites" (here's a website listing 402 of such things) are claimed to be orbiting Earth at a distance of 36.000km (or just about 1/11th of the Earth>Moon distance). On another page of that same website, we are told that the diameter of Earth as seen from the Geo-satellites is 17 degrees:

"View of the earth as seen from a satellite above the equator at 0 deg longitude.
Diameter of the earth as seen from the satellite = 17 degrees."

http://www.satsig.net/maps/satellite-maps.htm
Thanks for the correction, simon.

I was thinking of most satellites that are supposed to be in Low Earth Orbit (below the Van Allen radiation belts). Any statement on "we have (geostationary) satellites @ 36,000 kms" perfectly functioning and sending data to Earth is even more problematic than satellites in general. It would be ridiculous to assume a satellite is not in the slightest way affected by the unimaginable radiation and thus communication failures caused by these belts.
NOTE: No, I do not believe the Earth is flat. I totally support Nonhocapito's above comment. Posts such as the one above (by our member nimblehorse) which only link to other people's / website's speculations about the subject will not be tolerated from now on.
I agree. I wanted to post a similar comment like and before nonhocapito's in my previous reaction; "the good science and unveiling of obviously perpetrated hoaxes as discussed on Cluesforum is spoilt by in my opinion pretty ridiculous and especially non-scientific topics as Flat Earth".

Selene
Selene
Banned

Unread post by Selene »

hoi.polloi wrote: Also, Selene, for so far defending unprovable satellites and now dinosaurs, you have offered nothing but your belief in the mainstream story — which is completely inadequate from a proof standpoint. Please offer any rebuttal to anonjedi2 regarding fossilized dinosaurs (and it had better be good scientific evidence) in the dinosaur thread — and, if you please, only after atually reading the thread and giving the points there some weight against your tenacious desire to believe the mainstream liars.
Hoi.polloi,

I am not "defending" unprovable satellites. See the thread on it on the forum. What I was trying to do is distinguish between the correct statements made by Dupay in his video (about NASA, about satellites, about the impossiblity of rockets working in space) and his comments about Flat Earth. He is using the NASA fakery as an argument to dispute heliocentricity. I consider that a fallacy. See also the reaction to simon above.

Also, I am not "believing mainstream liars" per se. But on the other hand, I am not saying that every point that is mainstream is a lie either.

I may enter the Dinosaur Hoax thread in a future comment, but there are so many topics catching my attention (and even a life outside of the internet :unsure: ) that it may take a while.

Browsing through the topic I have spotted a fallacy which is also made by Creationists (note: I am not namecalling anyone in that topic a Creationist!): "The fossil record is incomplete, so point A, B and C....".

The fossil record is indeed incomplete, but that is not the "fault" of science. It is a fact of life due to our changing planet. So many parameters have to be considered to even find fossils, let alone find a "complete" range/set of fossils over timespans which are unimaginable for most people (as a geologist I am used to think in millions of years). I do not hold that against non-geologists, it simply is outside of their realm of thinking.

Selene
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Also, I am not "believing mainstream liars" per se. But on the other hand, I am not saying that every point that is mainstream is a lie either.
You describe yourself as in the same camp as us — but only by lumping us together as "reasonable" people and then taking issue with any point that questions your sacred beliefs. Your so-called "soft" approach you described to us is like a pillow violently smothering out the truth. Your polite gatekeeping is no more useful here than the rude ad hominem attacks against Simon.

Is it reasonable for you to dismiss their points with "ho hum" and "I still believe the mainstream idea that ..." in every thread, and then claim you are adding something to proofs, evidences, science? You have done nothing of the sort. All you offer is apologies. "I'm sorry but I will not consider evidence," has basically been your response to any evidence presented to you. That's not science. It's polite denial. Blindness with an etiquette. A stubborn love affair with the mainstream story.

Kindly remove yourself and restrain yourself from any thread where all you find you are about to post in it is a disingenuous "agreement" and then make precisely the opposite point; or I am going to have to assume you are the shill that Seneca identified you as, as kind and nice as you act.

I mean, ridiculously, you claim "millions of years" is unimaginable for some people, but you yourself admit their point of a missing fossil record is valid, and then you go on to choose to believe the mainstream story despite the strike against it. That is your prerogative, I suppose — to religiously hold to satellites, dinosaurs, Earth theories, what-have-you, but what evidence have you actually found and contributed? Are you just a commenter?

It's not your place to troll topics that seem "shaky" to you and tell us to avoid those questions. It's not your place to make it seem as though people who disbelieve things that haven't evidence for them are fools — not because you are here and not because you're a "geologist" or whatever form of expertise you claim. What authority does your being a "geologist" actually mean? Explain in detail your expertise if you are going to use your "authority" on it, then.

Have you not actually read CluesForum? Do you know where you are? We all have lives outside the forum. But you're not meant to bring personal shit here. This place is for discussion of proofs and evidences.

In short, you are clearly forgiving of liars and you are forgiving of many official doctrines, while denying you are. What use are you on our forum if all you are going to do is dismiss the most important questions of our time, seriously? What use do readers of CluesForum have for someone that basically sounds like a cable TV show on the History Channel?
He is using the NASA fakery as an argument to dispute heliocentricity. I consider that a fallacy.
Using NASA fakery is a fallacy, but that's exactly what you do when you claim to believe that satellites are believable. It's precisely what you do when you claim we have reason to trust industries like the fossil market and zealous Darwinists with book sales to make, while only offering proof or evidence when you are constantly exhaustively reminded what this forum is for?
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Selene,

You claim to have first hand experience / information regarding dinosaur fossils. I think that the dinosaur thread deserves your attention more than anything else right now. I am sure the members on here would appreciate it if you shared this first hand knowledge with the forum so that we can continue the discussion.

Thanks.
Selene
Banned

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Selene »

hoi.polloi wrote: ...
Hi hoi.polloi, I will react here in the chatbox (where also brianv pointed me to when we want to talk to and about each other and not about the subject itself). I had a very pleasant almost one hour conversation with simon by phone and am happy to do the same with you.

First of all, I like to communicate directly and previously asked to send an email (as you have switched off the option to send private messages).

Second: I do not think in "camps" or "groups". I am an anarchist and an individualist, so take everyone at their own merits. That also means that I am not calling people "fools" as you read from my comments. Nor that I say that I present myself as "authority". Everyone here has his or her own expertise. I guess many of you are trained in photo analysis and such, which makes the analysis you do based on experience and knowledge. My area is geology.

The word "shill" I learned here, I didn't even know it existed. And yes, I think there are (paid) people present on forums that try to propagate "official stories". I am not doing that, I am not an "advocate for the Dinosaur Society" nor a "spokesman for the Global Heliocentric Organization" or anything like that. I am an individual who does this as a hobby, like all of us here I suppose.

Third: I distinguish the hoax debunking here from the Flat Earth (and Dinosaur Hoax) topics exactly the same way as nonhocapito did in the comment in the "Flat Earth and other no universe" topic. I think there is a big difference between the two; government and media perpetrated hoaxes are motivated to fool the audience. Heliocentrity or Dinosaurs I do not see as a way to fool people as a whole. Apart from that, the same arguments hold for both. If an official story as propagandised by the mass media is scientifically unsound, and it does not explain the observations, that holds for other "mainstream views" as well. But the same holds for the contrary: if a Flat Earth or Dinosaurs are fake hypothesis is presented, then that statement must adhere to the same methods; if that hypothesis does not explain the observations, how can you expect from me to be convinced by it?? :blink:

Fouth: The point I made earlier: that Dinosaur skeletons and related imagery are based on single vertebrate or other body part fossils, so reconstructions made on those fossils does not mean that Dinosaurs as a whole are fake. You could say it is not scientific to put a 20 tonne dinosaur in a museum or a CGI dinosaur in a National Geographic documentary if you only have found some fragments. Fine, that's an opinion. But that does not make the fossils themselves fake.

Like I said; it is common practice in sciences like geology or archeology to make these reconstructions and interpretations of things we simply have too little tangible evidence of. Of course it is used to present something nice to the public and yes, dinosaurs speak to the imagination of many. But does that make Dinosaurs fake? And only dinosaurs or all fossils? Fossils you can find in the field, patiently hammering them out of the rocks they were enclosed in for so many millions of years?

I am not "defending" main stream views as a whole, but I am also not saying that everything should be fake(d). There are thousands of intermediates between those two stances.

On the last point, again: I am NOT saying that satellites are real. I really don't understand how you can read that in my comments.

Finally, I am NOT saying that those topics shouldn't be discussed or anything like that. It would go against my own libertarian views to say that. I, however, see the discrepancy that nonhocapito described in that particular topic, exactly like he/she does.

Selene

It thus comes about that in practice it is regularly the theoretical collectivist who extols individual reason and demands that all forces of society be made subject to the direction of a single mastermind, while it is the individualist who recognizes the limitations of the powers of individual reason and consequently advocates freedom as a means for the fullest development of the powers of the interindividual process
Friedrich Hayek (1952)
hoi.polloi

Selene wrote: Hi hoi.polloi, I will react here in the chatbox (where also brianv pointed me to when we want to talk to and about each other and not about the subject itself). I had a very pleasant almost one hour conversation with simon by phone and am happy to do the same with you.
I am not convinced this isn't a derailing or distraction yet, so let's not go jumping all over the place yet.
First of all, I like to communicate directly and previously asked to send an email (as you have switched off the option to send private messages).
You prefer to make your case with me in private, but I don't trust you enough to really give you that so let's just go from here. You would have my e-mail if you did the slightest amount of searching on septemberclues.org or even asked Simon for it.
Second: I do not think in "camps" or "groups". I am an anarchist and an individualist, so take everyone at their own merits. That also means that I am not calling people "fools" as you read from my comments. Nor that I say that I present myself as "authority". Everyone here has his or her own expertise. I guess many of you are trained in photo analysis and such, which makes the analysis you do based on experience and knowledge. My area is geology.
So you are an individualist but you use mainstream acceptability as a litmus test for plausibility? That's seems illogical.

That's fine, then. What area of geology qualifies you to answer for the missing fossil record besides a belief in it?
The word "shill" I learned here, I didn't even know it existed. And yes, I think there are (paid) people present on forums that try to propagate "official stories". I am not doing that, I am not an "advocate for the Dinosaur Society" nor a "spokesman for the Global Heliocentric Organization" or anything like that. I am an individual who does this as a hobby, like all of us here I suppose.
I am glad to read this. Thank you for clarifying.
Third: I distinguish the hoax debunking here from the Flat Earth (and Dinosaur Hoax) topics exactly the same way as nonhocapito did in the comment in the "Flat Earth and other no universe" topic. I think there is a big difference between the two; government and media perpetrated hoaxes are motivated to fool the audience. Heliocentrity or Dinosaurs I do not see as a way to fool people as a whole.
Is that the way nonhocapito described their disagreement? I don't think so. Please just speak for yourself.
Apart from that, the same arguments hold for both. If an official story as propagandised by the mass media is scientifically unsound, and it does not explain the observations, that holds for other "mainstream views" as well. But the same holds for the contrary: if a Flat Earth or Dinosaurs are fake hypothesis is presented, then that statement must adhere to the same methods; if that hypothesis does not explain the observations, how can you expect from me to be convinced by it?? :blink:
I don't expect you to be convinced by nothing. I expect you to stop being so convinced by the population-at-large's tenuous adherence to educational mis-training.
Fouth: The point I made earlier: that Dinosaur skeletons and related imagery are based on single vertebrate or other body part fossils, so reconstructions made on those fossils does not mean that Dinosaurs as a whole are fake. You could say it is not scientific to put a 20 tonne dinosaur in a museum or a CGI dinosaur in a National Geographic documentary if you only have found some fragments. Fine, that's an opinion. But that does not make the fossils themselves fake.
Nor does it make the first fake any more real than the last.
Like I said; it is common practice in sciences like geology or archeology to make these reconstructions and interpretations of things we simply have too little tangible evidence of. Of course it is used to present something nice to the public and yes, dinosaurs speak to the imagination of many. But does that make Dinosaurs fake? And only dinosaurs or all fossils? Fossils you can find in the field, patiently hammering them out of the rocks they were enclosed in for so many millions of years?
It's wonderful to find things in the Earth but to claim their age matches the mainstream story requires much more research, proofs and validation.
I am not "defending" main stream views as a whole, but I am also not saying that everything should be fake(d). There are thousands of intermediates between those two stances.
Sure. And right now, you could place yourself about here (X) :

FREETHINKING---------------------------------------------------------X--MAINSTREAM THOUGHT
On the last point, again: I am NOT saying that satellites are real. I really don't understand how you can read that in my comments.
I have read a lot of your comments here. I am a moderator. And you began your entries in the Satellite thread by saying you haven't enough reason to doubt the mainstream opinion that satellites are real.

You don't understand how I could interpret those comments as a support of the official doctrine?

I don't believe you don't understand, and I think you need to recognize what a waste of time your presence has represented on this forum, as you — with one hand — raise up the official story on every topic you have posted in, while — with the other — smother with a "polite" and "kind" pillow any question to the veracity of the pseudo-scientific establishment.
Finally, I am NOT saying that those topics shouldn't be discussed or anything like that. It would go against my own libertarian views to say that. I, however, see the discrepancy that nonhocapito described in that particular topic, exactly like he/she does.
This is not a libertarian forum, we are quite fascist about certain points. Kindly and politely refrain from adding quotes in the mix and directly respond to these challenges to reform your participation on this forum.

I don't want you to change your opinion or reform you personally in any way. I couldn't care less about that.

But you may not be right for this forum. And I believe you need to address that if you want to continue to participate here without these little 'asides' constantly happening. Intelligence and politeness are great virtues, but your past method of wielding them here is not going to do much in helping folks escape the muck and nonsense they've been buried under for decades (if not centuries).
Selene
Banned

Unread post by Selene »

hoi.polloi wrote:I am not convinced this isn't a derailing or distraction yet, so let's not go jumping all over the place yet.
Derailing nor distraction is my motive. At all.
You prefer to make your case with me in private, but I don't trust you enough to really give you that so let's just go from here. You would have my e-mail if you did the slightest amount of searching on septemberclues.org or even asked Simon for it.
Indeed, I just wrote Simon an email to ask to come in contact with you directly. I prefer a phone conversation as talking is much easier and less prone to misinterpretations than writing.
So you are an individualist but you use mainstream acceptability as a litmus test for plausibility? That's seems illogical.

That's fine, then. What area of geology qualifies you to answer for the missing fossil record besides a belief in it?
No, I am not using "mainstream acceptability" for anything, I have expressed that I am open to even change my views on Earth matters but I ask for scientific arguments to be convinced.

The fossil record is not missing, but incomplete and biased. Certain formations (of certain ages) have many more fossils than others. That has to do with paleoclimate, the ways of fossilisation and the rock types which are more or less prone to erosion. That's why so many dinosaur fossils are found in the North American badlands and recently a lot in China/Mongolia.

My background is broad, but mainly structural geology and basin analysis.
Is that the way nonhocapito described their disagreement? I don't think so. Please just speak for yourself.
Ok, fair point, I speak for myself here and now then: the difference between the media hoaxes and the geological questions about Dinosaurs or Heliocentrity are numerous.

Just to name a few:
  • NASA - everything that is presented to us happening in space is controlled by a group (a set of individuals) of people which is unverifiable by us. We cannot go into space, so we can only accept or discard what NASA and other space agencies and subcontractors etc. are telling us. There's no way we can check it out for ourselves. That is different with what's happening on Earth itself.
  • Media hoaxes - 9/11, Boston, Sandy Hoax, Hebdo, faked plane crashes like Germanwings, etc. Of course so much more, but these topics I dove into more, so that's why I named them. The fakery in these is obvious. They are also concrete stories, let me call them "written plays", with a beginning and an end. They involve a set of actors, of people and of media fakery. That is different from scientific concepts as heliocentricity or dinosaurs.
  • Another big hoax is Antropogenic Global Warming. It's also the only hoax I can proudly say I was never fooled by. All the other events that were presented to us as "official" in the past I lived similar ways: first accepting the official story and then because of the analysis by others I started doubting them and because of reading here seeing the complete hoax (including vicsims, actors, image manipulation, etc.). The difference between AGW and the heliocentricity and dinosaurs is again the way it is presented, the verifiability by us as general audience and on top of that the attacks made by the perpetrators. Not based on arguments or quiet discussion, but the immediate namecalling of "deniers" and all. That makes it stinky from the first moment.
    The reason I never believed this hoax is because it does not fit with the geology and uses false premises. If there's a dedicated thread on it I will respond in more detail as the subject interests and bothers (especially the way children are drilled to believe this crap) me at the same time.
I don't expect you to be convinced by nothing. I expect you to stop being so convinced by the population-at-large's tenuous adherence to educational mis-training.
If you say I am "mis-trained" in my studies and almost 15 years of professional work experience, are you really surprised that I demand a little bit more than a comment "stop being so convinced"?
Nor does it make the first fake any more real than the last.
That is of course true; if A is faked it does not mean that B is true. But it also doesn't mean that B is fake.

A preposition like "it can be faked, it is told by 'mainstream' sources so it should be faked" is also not what I can accept as convincing evidence.

That certain fossils are faked is undeniably true. That people fake things to make money out of them as well.

But that doesn't mean it's all fake(d) and that's where I cannot accept it without more arguments.

For example: paintings. There are fake paintings. Copies made by individuals of great artwork done by real artists. And sold for millions. Those particular paintings can be analysed and thus labeled as fake. But that doesn't change the reality of the originals. If John Doe makes a fake Picasso, that doesn't mean real Picassos are suddenly fake too.

Same for fossils.
It's wonderful to find things in the Earth but to claim their age matches the mainstream story requires much more research, proofs and validation.
Ages are derived using different methods. Absolute age dating is using isotopes, but most age dating of formations is done using stratigraphical relations. Especially for fossils. There's a whole world behind that. Now, to discard the work of so many thousands of people with a statement "it's fake" is pretty blunt. You'd have to debunk the whole science behind it, all the methods and all the scientific publications about it. My whole academic education needs to be debunked in every detail and a reasonable explanation given for the observations.
Sure. And right now, you could place yourself about here (X) :

FREETHINKING---------------------------------------------------------X--MAINSTREAM THOUGHT
That's your choice of putting me there. I wouldn't say so. Also the question arises what do you mean by "freethinking". You could say that all our thoughts are coming from somewhere, where experience, education and observations are the most likely producers.
I have read a lot of your comments here. I am a moderator. And you began your entries in the Satellite thread by saying you haven't enough reason to doubt the mainstream opinion that satellites are real.
No, what I was saying is that I was struggling. Which I think is a very normal and good way of thinking. Struggling with two things:
- if rocketry in space is impossible (which I think it is and contributed in the topic started by Boetius), then satellites must be impossible as well
- if satellites are impossible, then there must be an alternative explanation for the gigantic amounts of satellite data. "Satellite" data used by millions of people everyday. If that alternative explanation is "bouncing off signals of the ionosphere" that is fine with me, as long as this explanation is water tight for the observations. That to me seems just like the scientific method, nothing more, nothing less.
You don't understand how I could interpret those comments as a support of the official doctrine?
I don't know. You interpret my views as "support of an official doctrine". That's not at all my standpoint. Like I said, I am not "advocating" an "official" doctrine of any kind.

An opinion which is in line with what certain "mainstream" views tell, is not necessarily a support of anything, I'd say. It's just an opinion.
I don't believe you don't understand, and I think you need to recognize what a waste of time your presence has represented on this forum, as you — with one hand — raise up the official story on every topic you have posted in, while — with the other — smother with a "polite" and "kind" pillow any question to the veracity of the pseudo-scientific establishment.
Why this attack again? "A waste of time"? I contributed in detail on various topics: the impossibility of rockets (on temperature effects), on the "ISIS" destruction of "statues" in Mosul, on the Germanwings plane "crash", a short interpretation of 1 photo in the Tunis Bardo museum "attacks" and some more topics. What about those contributions do you (still) consider "a waste of time"??
But you may not be right for this forum. And I believe you need to address that if you want to continue to participate here without these little 'asides' constantly happening.
Again, I had a pleasant talk to simon and I let him speak for himself what he thinks of me, my contributions or "if I may be right for this forum".

Selene
hoi.polloi

I think the main problem I have with your writing style is that in not adopting a "freethinking" mentality (which is a bit of a contradiction, I suppose, akin to being intolerant of intolerance, but nevertheless this way to be is not necessarily as exhausting as you have made it out to be abhorrent) you constantly need to jump to and hold onto the model that most convinces you.

CluesForum allows people to not do that — to be more free of the "lumping" and "joining" that is admittedly in all of our every day habits. We are here for more free raw data without building tenuous towers of theory. It is definitely necessary to let go of the need for established theory to sometimes see the whole big pile of tools available. Established theory is everywhere else on the bluddy Interwebs. Simon has traditionally taken this stance more than I have, but now I must leapfrog back to an even more conservative stance on it. When there are contentious theories, our forum serves as one of the lone places to look at all the building blocks rather than piecemeal removing them and replacing them in established dogmas.

You are constantly weighing/pitting, in so many words, "this is where I am now, this is the model I exist in now, this is my favorite" rather than freely allowing information to speak for itself. By doing this, you condemn information that does not fit with your theory and your beliefs, and you only offer "alternative theory" as the opponent rather than no theory, which is the most scientific basis for future theory.

I am implying you haven't really demonstrated a willingness to comfortably exist in the "nobody knows" arena of thought. That's what I mean by hugging to the mainstream side of things.

Of course you're free to have your theories and your personal ideas, but why can't we leave that alone for one good peaceful moment and just let the raw information stand?