ENDEAVOUR - the 30-year Space Shuttle hoax

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: ENDEAVOUR - and the spaced-out NASA efforts

Unread post by simonshack »

Sorry Lux,

Not getting what this Frankenstein hairdo has to do with the current, very serious Judith Resnik research.

But since we're into trivia, here's some more for you :
"RESNIK" name meaning:

Variant spelling of Jewish Reznik ‘ritual slaughterer’.

http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=resnik
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

Maat wrote:Curiouser & curiouser <_< Well, if the asstruenot Resnik's 1949 birthdate is correct, she'll turn 66 on April 5th. Think we should send her a Birthday card then with a pic of the Challenger & a big question mark? :D
That'll be Easter Sunday. She'll arise from the dead just like Jesus.
[st]She turns 66 that's X 2 the age of when Jesus died.[/st] Don't want to spoil this thread with numerology stuff.

This Judith Resnik research is great stuff, this could be the first real person masquerading as a victim who gets found out.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

antipodean wrote:This Judith Resnik research is great stuff, this could be the first real person masquerading as a victim who gets found out.
That's what puzzles me the most, antipodean. We surely can't be the first to notice or comment on the same name plus uncanny resemblance, which would have been more obvious when Yale-Resnik was younger. So how was that dealt with, I wonder.

I found an ABC interview with NASA-Resnik (age 33) from ABC's 1982 coverage of the 4th "Shuttle launch" where she speaks for a few minutes (still need an equivalent close-up of Yale-Resnik speaking to compare). A voice analyzer would really help.

Interview time start ►4:25

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOTy14ADHU4
"June 27th 1982 ABC News Covers the 4th Space Shuttle Launch"

Notice how NASA-Resnik has a distinctive facial quirk when speaking; her upper lip forms a slight peak (to her left):
Judith-Resnik-asstruenot-ABC-interview.jpg
Judith-Resnik-asstruenot-ABC-interview.jpg (35.8 KiB) Viewed 26169 times
Judith-Resnik-asstruenot-ABC-interview_b.jpg
Judith-Resnik-asstruenot-ABC-interview_b.jpg (29.38 KiB) Viewed 26169 times
That kind of thing typically becomes more pronounced with age. Also, a thin upper lip in youth becomes thinner still with age (hence all those actresses who've tried to restore their pouts with plastic surgery which is always obvious & noticeably unnatural)
lux

Unread post by lux »

I found Yale-Resnik's email address and other contact info on this document.

Why not write or call and see what she has to say about this?
simonshack
Administrator

Maat wrote:Notice how NASA-Resnik has a distinctive facial quirk when speaking; her upper lip forms a slight peak (to her left):
Judith-Resnik-asstruenot-ABC-interview_b.jpgThat kind of thing typically becomes more pronounced with age.
Inconclusive I guess, but ... at various moments in this video :

As for her accent & speech delivery, dear Maat, I will leave that for native American speakers to evaluate - although I would think that a lot can change over a three-decade time period, also considering that this would not be a woman who has been stuck in one little town for all of her life. All I will say - listening to / and comparing their voices on my recording studio equipment - is that their respective timbres / pitches / ranges are similar enough and well within the 'margins' outside of which the two voices could definitely NOT be of the same individual.
Cobra Commander

Unread post by Cobra Commander »

simonshack wrote:*
Sorry Lux,

Not getting what this Frankenstein hairdo has to do with the current, very serious Judith Resnik research.

But since we're into trivia, here's some more for you :
"RESNIK" name meaning:

Variant spelling of Jewish Reznik ‘ritual slaughterer’.

http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=resnik
Wait a second... Her name is "Jew Death Ritual Slaughterer"?
simonshack
Administrator

lux wrote:I found Yale-Resnik's email address and other contact info on this document.

Why not write or call and see what she has to say about this?
Thanks for that pdf document, Lux - listing YALE-Judith's former workplaces and contact info.

This part, as I see it, is most interesting :
University of Southern California,
Professor of Law, 1985-1989
Associate Professor, 1982-1985;
Assistant Professor, 1980-1982
This places Judith's whereabouts in Southern California (home of Hollywood and the Paramount Studios) during the years that she would have played out - according to our working hypothesis - her "NASA astronaut career". After her "demise in the Challenger disaster" (January 28, 1986) - the anonymous "assistant / associate Professor" would have finally been free to be upgraded to a more visible / full-fledged Professor of Law...

Dear Antipodean - I really loved that observation of yours, regarding NASA-Judith's upcoming birthday (April 5): :lol:
antipodean wrote: That'll be Easter Sunday. She'll arise from the dead just like Jesus.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

simonshack wrote:
Maat wrote:Notice how NASA-Resnik has a distinctive facial quirk when speaking; her upper lip forms a slight peak (to her left):
Judith-Resnik-asstruenot-ABC-interview_b.jpgThat kind of thing typically becomes more pronounced with age.
Inconclusive I guess, but ... at various moments in this video :

As for her accent & speech delivery, dear Maat, I will leave that for native American speakers to evaluate - although I would think that a lot can change over a three-decade time period, also considering that this would not be a woman who has been stuck in one little town for all of her life. All I will say - listening to / and comparing their voices on my recording studio equipment - is that their respective timbres / pitches / ranges are similar enough and well within the 'margins' outside of which the two voices could definitely NOT be of the same individual.
Yes Simon, accent and delivery could certainly have changed, but the voice itself is what a voiceprint analyzer (sound spectrograph) might help with.

i.e. per wiki:
Speaker recognition has a history dating back some four decades and uses the acoustic features of speech that have been found to differ between individuals. These acoustic patterns reflect both anatomy (e.g., size and shape of the throat and mouth) and learned behavioral patterns (e.g., voice pitch, speaking style). Speaker verification has earned speaker recognition its classification as a "behavioral biometric".
As used in forensics: http://www.stutchmanforensic.com/servic ... tification

One thing that doesn't change, however, is hand shape and finger lengths. NASA-Resnik appears to have longer, more slender fingers (center image) compared with Yale-Resnik:
Judith-Resnik-NASA-Yale-hands-comparison.jpg
Judith-Resnik-NASA-Yale-hands-comparison.jpg (47.87 KiB) Viewed 26032 times
from: 1. http://info.law.indiana.edu/pub/libs/im ... r/6634.jpg 2. http://www.capcomespace.net/dossiers/es ... -40171.jpg 3. Screenshot: http://youtu.be/l8uNXJ5pFpA?t=11m57s
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Keeping in mind the fact that the "Shuttle program" was clearly always a movie making project, with their actor-nauts carefully selected for cultural, political & propaganda purposes, here's one possible scenario:

What if NASA’s Star Trek recruiter casting scout (Nichelle Nichols) found, or was told to find, a likely candidate for their “first Jewish woman in space” drama who strongly resembled a current, local Law Professor assistant, Judith Resnik, and decided to give her the same name (only adding a middle name) for associative "gravitas" (and/or just for shits & giggles)?
simonshack
Administrator

Maat wrote:*
Keeping in mind the fact that the "Shuttle program" was clearly always a movie making project, with their actor-nauts carefully selected for cultural, political & propaganda purposes, here's one possible scenario:

What if NASA’s Star Trek recruiter casting scout (Nichelle Nichols) found, or was told to find, a likely candidate for their “first Jewish woman in space” drama who strongly resembled a current, local Law Professor, Judith Resnik, and decided to give her the same name (only adding a middle name) for associative "gravitas" (or just for shits & giggles)?
Quite possibly, dear Maat - quite possibly, and rest assured that I deeply appreciate your input on this edgy matter. At this moment, I am probably over-fascinated by this issue so I do need - more than ever - your sharp insights and help! But just to respond to your last post (re: hand sizes), here's a different comparison of the two Judiths' hands. I have tried my best (using various facial / bodily measurements) to properly re-size / proportionate these two pictures taken from fairly similar angles. As you can see, their hand /finger sizes are more similar here:
Resnik_HandsCompared.jpg
Resnik_HandsCompared.jpg (306.46 KiB) Viewed 25982 times

As for voice recognition, I am aware of that technology - but I doubt it would be very useful / reliable in the case of comparing two voices (and anatomies) separated by thirty years in time. As wiki mentions:
"Voice changes due to ageing may impact system performance over time. Some systems adapt the speaker models after each successful verification to capture such long-term changes in the voice, though there is debate regarding the overall security impact imposed by automated adaptation."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaker_recognition
At this point I feel like submitting a little disclaimer (and an apology to those who may already be bored about this issue by now...) : I am not exactly on a mission / crusade to "prove the point" that the two Judiths are one and the same individual. I will gracefully retract all my suspicions if proven demonstrably wrong about it all. All I'm doing here is running all the available facts / data / and photo material "through the Cluesforum grinder", so to speak... ^_^

In any case - and this is no minor matter - please know that NO "Judith Resnik" is to be found in the SSDI :
http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse. ... 1&gl=&gst=
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

simonshack wrote:
Maat wrote:*

What if NASA’s Star Trek recruiter casting scout (Nichelle Nichols) found, or was told to find, a likely candidate for their “first Jewish woman in space” drama who strongly resembled a current, local Law Professor, Judith Resnik, and decided to give her the same name (only adding a middle name) for associative "gravitas" (and/or just for shits & giggles)?
Quite possibly, dear Maat - quite possibly, and rest assured that I deeply appreciate your input on this edgy matter. At this moment, I am probably over-fascinated by this issue so I do need - more than ever - your sharp insights and help! But just to respond to your last post (re: hand sizes), here's a different comparison of the two Judiths' hands. I have tried my best (using various facial / bodily measurements) to properly re-size / proportionate these two pictures taken from fairly similar angles. As you can see, their hand /finger sizes are more similar here:

As for voice recognition, I am aware of that technology - but I doubt it would be very useful / reliable in the case of comparing two voices (and anatomies) separated by thirty years in time. As wiki mentions:
"Voice changes due to ageing may impact system performance over time. Some systems adapt the speaker models after each successful verification to capture such long-term changes in the voice, though there is debate regarding the overall security impact imposed by automated adaptation."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaker_recognition
At this point I feel like submitting a little disclaimer (and an apology to those who may already be bored about this issue by now...) : I am not exactly on a mission / crusade to "prove the point" that the two Judiths are one and the same individual. I will gracefully retract all my suspicions if proven demonstrably wrong about it all. All I'm doing here is running all the available facts / data / and photo material "through the Cluesforum grinder", so to speak... ^_^
No worries, Simon :) I completely understand and share your fascination with such a peculiar mystery among so many NASA lies and “space oddities”. I think you’re right that speaker recognition would probably not be reliable considering the time-span.

The hands resting on desks (slightly angled/side view) don’t really show hand width and finger lengths as clearly as those taken straight-on (with unique details like wide angle/spread of left little finger). Ironically, the faces in those two photos look even less similar in bone structure and mouth shape.

Having studied both Judiths speaking & moving on video, I am seeing less resemblance now than the initial photo examples made them appear. Faces of a similar type can often resemble other people if caught in a particular angle, expression etc. (notice how both Judiths differ between their own respective photos in the same way).

However, the idea of a media-promoted, and dramatically “deceased”, NASA actor-naut simply returning to and carrying on with a prestigious law career without even a name change or anyone noticing is what makes no sense to me. (Which one is more likely to have been given a fake name to associate them with a real university graduate?)
simonshack wrote:In any case - and this is no minor matter - please know that NO "Judith Resnik" is to be found on the SSDI :
http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse. ... 1&gl=&gst=
Just like most 9/11 vicsims are not there either. Of course, I have absolutely no doubt that whatever the true identity of the actress who played “Judith Resnik Shuttle Astronaut” might be, she did not “die” in the imaginary “Challenger Shuttle” either.
DeeJay

Unread post by DeeJay »

Re video clip posted by Lux where there is question as to whether or not spectators actually witness NASA launches:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsJpUCWfyPEth

I found a weird glitch at about 0:48. A man in a cream shirt is seen running from right to left and suddenly he disassembles somehow only to return to normal.
simonshack
Administrator

DeeJay wrote: I found a weird glitch at about 0:48. A man in a cream shirt is seen running from right to left and suddenly he disassembles somehow only to return to normal.
Hilarious find, DeeJay. Probable CGI glitch - more than likely... <_< If not, what else? A "Youtube conversion / compression glitch"? Nah. If this were the case, we would bump into similar glitches every day - in all sorts of videos uploaded on Youtube. This is NASA imagery... and it shows.

Cobra Commander

Unread post by Cobra Commander »

What I find odd is that the glitch starts just as the person's head is perfectly aligned with the start point of the moving portion of the countdown clock in the GIF you provided, Simon. I'm not a video expert, but could that be some sort of marker or a layer where they CGIed the movement of the countdown clock?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Cobra Commander wrote:What I find odd is that the glitch starts just as the person's head is perfectly aligned with the start point of the moving portion of the countdown clock in the GIF you provided, Simon. I'm not a video expert, but could that be some sort of marker or a layer where they CGIed the movement of the countdown clock?
That makes sense, because in video games, refresh errors (which is what this "glitch" is) can occur when two different "every frame" instances contradict or have trouble blending for whatever reason. An animated countdown clock Object is a reasonable thing to suspect as the culprit, but in any case layers at that area of the video could cause refresh problems. Definitely feels and looks like a simulation program, layering program or something that allows for the combination of programmable objects and video.

Although it should be noted that refresh errors can and do frequently happen due to compression, it is typical for that kind of refresh problem to effect the entire frame of all moving things. The flag is not effected while the man is.

If you could pry this open and look at the interlacing, you might even notice other oddities, I suspect.