Things That Likely Don't Really Exist (Controlled Media)

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Libero

Things That Likely Don't Really Exist (Controlled Media)

Unread post by Libero »

The initial 'starter' list.

1. The Paparazzi

How would these independent guys survive to feed their families while the mainstream media is buying all of their 'imagery' from the well known photographers such as Richard Drew etc. And yeah, I'm calling out the paparazzi-chasing Lady Di 'accidental' death on this point as well along with the occasional staged 'tangle' with a celeb for the added attempt of illusion of privacy intrusion.

A funny story... I naively thought about this as a biz opportunity at one time prior to my discovery of media fakery. "Why in the hell don't these rich folks simply hire their own personal photographers to take their own flattering photographs, thus killing the competition?" Besides, who gets the inside info and knows where they will be in attendance each time? Harvey Levin's TMZ network sure seems to always be one the ball. Anyway, I figured that If I had thought of it, some else must have already. ( such as Harvey Levin, perhaps? :P )

2. Naked photos and videos of celebrities randomly caught 'in the buff'. Yeah, Prince Harry, Kate Middleton, name your American celeb. etc. It's all most certainly bs and faked or, at minimum, purposely choreographed. Let the interested think that they are seeing 'whatever' and enjoy their voyeuristic thoughts. Shouldn't the powerful (or innocents that can sue them) be significantly more influential to the media in a truly fair society?

3. Honest press conferences and town halls. Like a magician's staged audience participant, no doubt that they would never need to worry about the questioner or the questioning audience at all. Even the negative stuff... it's all done with a purpose. (i.e. Emotional Woman Attacks John McCain on Syria at Town Hall -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzH7BxFE ... r_embedded)
Last edited by Libero on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 pm, edited 19 times in total.
pov603

Re: The Things That Don't Really Exist (Observed)

Unread post by pov603 »

Democracy.
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

:) Agreed.

Voting 'results' may or may not be real, but it doesn't matter in the end if the 2 remaining candidates are simply the most advertised, bought-and-paid-for salesman 'schmucks' -- actors, if you will. Democracy appears to be merely an illusion sold to those that believe they actually have a fairer gov. due to freedom of choice.

And, undoubtedly, they had to have known this from the beginning.

Adding media reported Whistleblowers to the list.
Last edited by Libero on Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Libero

Re: Things That Likely Don't Really Exist (Controlled Media)

Unread post by Libero »

Reporters going to jail for not revealing their sources. In fact, I wonder if many of the privileges such as press protection and attorney/client may exist so that the participants are not mandated to divulge the evidence of inventiveness to those that might wish to challenge the authenticity of the event and/or subjects.

True Investigative Journalism -- It's hard to figure if Upton Sinclair was part of 'the system' having been a Columbia educated Pulitzer prize winner and additionally having run for political office later in his life, but he is one that seems to have hit the nail on the head more than once with no apparent easy way back then to immediately assemble his findings and to base his conclusions. Best known for his meat packing industry expose in "The Jungle" , he also evidently nailed it with a revealing book called "The Moneychangers" based on the 'Panic of 1907' -- an event that led to the creation of the Federal Reserve.
First published in 1908, this is the story of a small band of Wall Street players who plot to outmaneuver their rivals via financial schemes that sound all too familiar in today's chaotic economic environment: shell companies and creative accounting lure unwitting investors to prop up secretly bankrupt corporations, prompting a stock market crash, a bank run, and a dramatic rise in unemployment. As with The Jungle, this is based on real events-the Wall Street crash of 1907-and reads as startlingly prescient today, as the very crimes Sinclair strove to highlight plague society once again.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Moneychangers ... 1605209066

Sidenote: The chart 100+ years ago of the stock market crash and recovery sure looks familiar.

And once again, he seems spot on in his criticisms of the American media in his 1919 self published book, "The Brass Check."
In The Brass Check, Sinclair made a systematic and damning critique of the severe limitations of the “free press” in the United States. “(T)he thesis of this book,” he wrote, is “that American Journalism is a class institution serving the rich and spurning the poor.”

Sinclair drew an analogy between journalists and prostitutes, beholden to the agenda, ideology, and policies of the monied elites that owned and controlled the press. It was an integral part of his broader critique of the corruption of U.S. politics and the appalling nature of capitalism: “Politics, Journalism, and Big Business work hand in hand for the hoodwinking of the public and the plundering of labor”
http://monthlyreview.org/2002/05/01/upt ... journalism
MrSinclair

Unread post by MrSinclair »

Certainly there is no mandate on the part of the press to inform the public. Instead they obfuscate the truth by as many means as possible, not the least of which is distraction by way of entertainment stories. In the "above the fold" area once reserved for news stories, true or otherwise, it is all T&A, sports , and pathetic little scandals designed to titillate and distract. People are easily duped and they trust the media, both mainly because the public is lazy. People would rather embrace a popular lie than discover an unpopular truth.
Haze

Unread post by Haze »

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRqPJdgdnIM

It looks so real.
resolution

Unread post by resolution »

pov603 wrote:Democracy.
Great read related to this here http://www.bigeye.org/enemy.htm on the website of Stewart Ogilby, the only mainstream promotor of Cluesforum I've ever seen. It's from a pamphlet by Albert Jay Nock called "Our Enemy, the State."
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

While we're at it, let's just go all the way: Government. A myth, a fiction that cannot be touched and occupies no space other than that which is between the ears of those programmed for "twenty odd years" to accept it as real.

There are only people, one essentially the same as the next. The reason history is littered with 9/11 type events is that if those in power were not perpetually creating new distractions to instill fear, the scam would be quickly revealed for the unnecessary overhead that it is. Those that produce goods and services that others are willing to accept in trade would quickly realize that listening to some windbag in a suit isn't worth all that much. Thus, why government is funded by taxes, i.e., violence or the threat thereof and by extrapolation, murder.

So, there is precious little to be gained by petitioning the murderers to prosecute themselves, and hold themselves accountable for all their crimes against humanity.

Here's a puzzler: Is it possible that by now, a single member of high office does not know exactly what happened 12 years ago and is not simply maintaining the facade in order to continue the fleecing?
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Farcevalue wrote:While we're at it, let's just go all the way: Government. A myth, a fiction that cannot be touched and occupies no space other than that which is between the ears of those programmed for "twenty odd years" to accept it as real.

There are only people, one essentially the same as the next. The reason history is littered with 9/11 type events is that if those in power were not perpetually creating new distractions to instill fear, the scam would be quickly revealed for the unnecessary overhead that it is. Those that produce goods and services that others are willing to accept in trade would quickly realize that listening to some windbag in a suit isn't worth all that much. Thus, why government is funded by taxes, i.e., violence or the threat thereof and by extrapolation, murder.

So, there is precious little to be gained by petitioning the murderers to prosecute themselves, and hold themselves accountable for all their crimes against humanity.

Here's a puzzler: Is it possible that by now, a single member of high office does not know exactly what happened 12 years ago and is not simply maintaining the facade in order to continue the fleecing?
Well well, I thought I was the only one who thought this way! Government. The FICTION to beat all fictions.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I very highly recommend the article posted by resolution about this subject: http://www.bigeye.org/enemy.htm

I was nearly blown away by the power of its argument. States of any kind, that is, the artificial governments we call governments but which are actually just a variant form of the tangentially dominant church governments, are just what you are suggesting are a "fiction". They argue it isn't merely a fiction but an enormous scam, or as Farcevalue says, 'unnecessary overhead'.

(resolution, thanks for finding this and linking it!)

If the very idea of states and their perpetuity are the true enemy of humankind, it gives a whole new meaning to the name the United States and for whatever it stands for.

Personally, I am not sure where I stand on the article, but it's worth reading in order to have the tool of discussing it at the ready.
Last edited by hoi.polloi on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

hoi.polloi wrote:I very highly recommend the article posted by resolution about this subject: http://www.bigeye.org/enemy.htm

I was nearly blown away by the power of its argument. States of any kind, that is, the artificial governments we call governments but which are actually just a variant form of the tangentially dominant church governments, are just what you are talking about are a fiction.

resolution, thanks for finding this!
Yes, I'm about quarter way through it at the moment. Recommended indeed.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

brianv wrote:Well well, I thought I was the only one who thought this way! Government. The FICTION to beat all fictions.
No, you're not the only one. Quoting a post of mine from quite a while ago:
The very act of running for office can be construed as an attempt to coerce others, a violation of their fundamental right to self-ownership and freedom from violence. In that light, even the "best" politicians are thugs.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

fbenario wrote:
brianv wrote:Well well, I thought I was the only one who thought this way! Government. The FICTION to beat all fictions.
The very act of running for office can be construed as an attempt to coerce others, a violation of their fundamental right to self-ownership and freedom from violence. In that light, even the "best" politicians are thugs.
I don't see how that quote conveys the idea that "governments" are "abstractions" or "nothing but mere ideas in the minds of men". You appear to have mistaken men and women with psychopathic tendencies for government. But let's not quibble over it.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

brianv wrote:
fbenario wrote:
I don't see how that quote conveys the idea that "governments" are "abstractions" or "nothing but mere ideas in the minds of men". You appear to have mistaken men and women with psychopathic tendencies for government. But let's not quibble over it.
Point taken. Assuming that the powerful folks behind 'fictional' 'governments' still use bagmen/watercarriers to carry out their perverted and destructive actions, I was trying to give folks a nice, short reason not to trust any elected official. Merely running for office is, to me, a sign of bad faith, since no good can possibly come from the desire to control other's lives.
arc300

Unread post by arc300 »

First, thanks to Resolution for linking the article above. Reminds me of Lysander Spooner (http://lysanderspooner.org/node/44) as I suppose it should, being that the truth is the truth is the truth.

Second, I have watched a few "live" broadcasts of the Washington Naval Base alleged shooting on Youtube, which, of course, means they were not live at all for me. I noticed that none of the licence plates of the many vehicles was legible, even at max resolution. Maybe they had been pixellated between "live" broadcast and upload, but until confirmed otherwise, I don't believe the technology exists to selectively censor car licence plates, on-the-fly, during a "live" broadcast, yet leave all other details clearly visible.