THE DERAILING ROOM

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
agraposo

Re: THE DERAILING ROOM

Unread post by agraposo »

I got this when googling information about this problem:

Isn't this forum becoming the most state-of-the-art worldwide? :)
hoi.polloi

Re: The SSSS

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Heiwa wrote:
simonshack wrote: This is all for now. Hope you enjoy the SSSS research - and its interplanetary voyage ! :)
Evidently interesting but I still think the heliocentric system is more probable, i.e. eight planets orbit the Sun at great velocities since the creation of our solar system some 4000-5000 million years ago. Our solar system with Sun in center, one of 1000 000 000's of other solar systems with other suns in the centers, then moves at great velocity in our Milky way galaxy that is one of 1000 000 000's other galaxies in the universe. The universe is then just fantasy to keep some people like Stephen Hawking busy. Some other people looking in the sky just see some clouds ... and that's it. No universe. :rolleyes:
Your opinion's presence in the SSSS thread is pointless. It adds nothing to the discussion.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

hoi.polloi wrote:I don't think anyone on this forum has a grasp of really deeply mathematical physics concepts and understandings.
I thought it was pretty simple to demonstrate with an accurate clock and a good telescope that all eight planets in our solar system actully orbit or rotate around the Sun at various speeds - the higher speed the closer you are to the Sun. If the eight planets would not have any speed, I assume the planets would just drop into the Sun (by gravity). Luckily planets have speed ... so they can orbit the Sun or rotate around the Sun (and themselves) at the right speed in order not to drop into the Sun or to spin off into the universe. Then we can see the planets at various angles from the Earth as we all orbit the Sun. You don't have to be a genious to confirm it.

Reason why Brahe misunderstood reality of our solar system was lack of a good clock. To believe, 2013, that the Sun rotates around Earth is not very good. The Moon yes but the Sun, no.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

"I thought it was pretty simple to demonstrate with an accurate clock and a good telescope that all eight planets in our solar system actully orbit or rotate around the Sun at various speeds"

Off you go then! Please explain it to a celestial mechanics deficient like myself. You've got a website of sorts, publish your observations.

"Reason why Brahe misunderstood reality of our solar system was lack of a good clock"

Cuckoo?
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

@brianv
Do you really think the Sun orbits the Earth? :rolleyes: :P :blink: :puke:
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Heiwa,

Could you please keep off the SSSS thread for now? As Hoi rightly observed, your comments are adding nothing to the discussion. Thanks.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Heiwa wrote:@brianv
Do you really think the Sun orbits the Earth?
This is not about me. I don't think anything, nor do I believe anything, nor do I suppose anything!

You said it the movements of our SS was simply demonstrated using a scope and a clock, I asked you to demonstrate. You opt to use the slither tactic which you are so famous for, once again. And don't use me as proxy to have a side-swipe at Simon with your childish over use of smilies!

Put up or shut up!!

Sorry Simon! I shouldn't have busted in on your thread like that!
lux

Unread post by lux »

Heiwa, let's start our own thread about rockets traveling around Copernican solar systems and water jets zooming through vacuums.

That should piss them off big time! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

simonshack wrote:Heiwa,

Could you please keep off the SSSS thread for now? As Hoi rightly observed, your comments are adding nothing to the discussion. Thanks.
Yes, will do. Anyway for the sake of good order - I actually believe that satellites, sent up by man made (French)rockets, orbit Earth at various altitudes and reason is that the satellites are moving at certain velocities up there. If the velocity of the satellite were ZERO, the satellite would drop down and crash on Earth due to Earth gravity. Same with the Moon that orbits the Earth at high speed/very big altitude. Earth gravity will not cause the Moon to crash on Earth because the Moon is moving at high speed. But I do not believe the Sun orbits the Earth at even higher speed/altitude or that the Sun would crash on Earth, if its speed were ZERO due to Earth's gravity. Reason is of course that Earth orbits the Sun at high speed/altitude, while the Sun is just speeding away in the Milky Way since 5 000 000 000 years or so. I think 911 is more interesting to analyze.
I find Barbara Honegger's speech about Pentagon interesting (and long) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fvJ8nFa ... e=youtu.be .
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

Astronomy is quite fun as anyone can observe planets and stars with a simple telescope. If you like me believe that planets Earth and Mars rotate around the Sun at various speeds and distances away from the Sun, it is quite easy to confirm this by looking in a telescope. Sometimes planet Mars may then be seen from Earth to move backwards in relation to background stars but this is just due to Earth moving closer to the Sun and faster than Mars further away from the Sun, so that Mars lags behind, etc, etc. Sometimes Mars is on one side of the Sun, while Earth is on the other side, i.e. the Sun is between Mars and Earth. Sometimes Mars and Earth is on the same side of the Sun, etc, etc. The Sun is also moving at high speed somewhere, while Mars and Earth rotate around it.
If you believe that the Sun rotates around the Earth at a certain distance with a certain speed (Earth is then the stationary (?) center of the Universe ) while planet Mars rotates around the Sun, it should be easy to confirm this by looking in a telescope: Mars should then be seen behind and in front of the Sun at very regular intervals and not like as if Earth also rotates around the Sun. :) :rolleyes: :P ;)
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Heiwa wrote:Astronomy is quite fun as anyone can observe planets and stars with a simple telescope. If you like me believe that planets Earth and Mars rotate around the Sun at various speeds and distances away from the Sun, it is quite easy to confirm this by looking in a telescope. Sometimes planet Mars may then be seen from Earth to move backwards in relation to background stars but this is just due to Earth moving closer to the Sun and faster than Mars further away from the Sun, so that Mars lags behind, etc, etc. Sometimes Mars is on one side of the Sun, while Earth is on the other side, i.e. the Sun is between Mars and Earth. Sometimes Mars and Earth is on the same side of the Sun, etc, etc. The Sun is also moving at high speed somewhere, while Mars and Earth rotate around it.
If you believe that the Sun rotates around the Earth at a certain distance with a certain speed (Earth is then the stationary (?) center of the Universe ) while planet Mars rotates around the Sun, it should be easy to confirm this by looking in a telescope: Mars should then be seen behind and in front of the Sun at very regular intervals and not like as if Earth also rotates around the Sun. :) :rolleyes: :P ;)
The overuse of smilies is a clear tell of bad faith. If you don't take your own words/post seriously, why should anyone else?

Admins, how 'bout instituting a new guideline that only one smilie per post is permitted.
lux

Unread post by lux »

fbenario wrote: Admins, how 'bout instituting a new guideline that only one smilie per post is permitted.
OMFG! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
jaytotale

Unread post by jaytotale »

Last edited by jaytotale on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lux

Unread post by lux »

jaytotale wrote:Yes and every reply must be accompanied by a pointless video to take away the emphasis of the post if the person replying has absolutely fuck all to say!
I'm curious, jaytotale. Why do 55 out of your total 61 posts contain not one single word? Only "." ?
jaytotale

Unread post by jaytotale »

(door slams) :)
Last edited by jaytotale on Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.