Fakery in Orbit: THE I$$

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
rusty

Re: Fakery in Orbit: THE I$$

Unread post by rusty »

hoi.polloi wrote:indeed, it would cause severe problems for the hapless astronauts inside pressed to the outside edge of their phony "craft"
Hell, yeah! We have already established the centrifugal force of a point on the surface of the earth:
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2385498#p2385498
So ω is 0.000072722 (radians per second, the angular speed), r is the radius of the earth, which is roughly 6375000m. Now set m=1kg and you'll get: F = 0,033714 N
The orbital period of the ISS is about 93 minutes, therefore its angular speed ω is about 15.5 times that of the earth itself, i.e. 0.001127 radians per second. It's distance from the gravity center is r = 6775000m (earth radius + 400km). The centrifugal force per kg would then be ω *ω *r = 8.6 N. This means that the centrifugal force inside of the ISS would be almost 1g and the asstronots could walk on the inside of their craft just like they do on earth. Bye bye weightlessness!

How does NASA try to explain THAT away? Is the ISS constantly rotating around its own axis like crazy or what?
rusty

Unread post by rusty »

rusty wrote: How does NASA try to explain THAT away? Is the ISS constantly rotating around its own axis like crazy or what?
Ooops, I found the answer myself...of course, it's gravity itself counteracting the centrifugal force...gravity is pulling towards the opposite direction, and I'm pretty sure it's precisely 8.6N at this altitude. Well, you can't beat those guys on the math, sorry.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I see. It has to do with the "feather and ball experiment" Apollo did, and what a vacuum is when all objects fall at the same speed when there is no atmosphere. The person inside is supposed to fall at the same speed that the entire 400-something US ton dense ship does. Feather and ball. In this case, the feather (person) is inside a pressurized hollow ball (I$$).

Still, it brings up a different odd NASA catch-22. Very psychological. There's supposed to be a pressurized atmosphere inside the I$$, is there not? If that were even achievable without the whole thing bursting (and let's say for the sake of argument that it is a "tight ship", portholes and all), gravity should be acting just about the same as it does on the entire Earth - except if the Earth were inverted with atmosphere encased. This means the I$$ also serves the NASA argument that the Earth is (and can be) spinning and orbiting and careening about a "solar system" with virtually no effects felt on atmosphere on Earth.

I feel like they are taking the piss on this, because if the Earth is not spinning but they claim it is, they can easily argue that the math of their science we can't so easily test (such as what the Earth is actually doing) is solid. In other words, the I$$ stories and videos specifically reinforce the science/math of Earth's motions.

The official story is:
  • the Earth is spinning, but the atmosphere is 'glued' on every level with gravity due to zero friction through outer space
  • so the ISS can achieve a simulation of the same, whereby the pressure of the ship's body alone contains the 1-atmosphere and the entire thing falls together at the same speed
Once again, it seems like the I$$ hoax has a particular purpose in explaining/excusing our cosmology while not actually conceptually testing its assumptions.

If the Earth were really not spinning (it seems it isn't), it would be the basis for argumentative hypotheses that a spinning Earth would cause some problems with carrying an atmosphere. We can't test the conditions of the Earth spinning if it's not spinning. Hence, we can't test the conditions of the "control sample" of the Earth (the I$$), which assumes it is. It's once again an elitist mathematics fantasy stacked on untestable physics we are taught to believe and the NASA priests own.

It doesn't argue specifically for a spinning/moving Earth but revels and celebrates in our ignorance of the facts — specifically, that perhaps it does not and we embrace the I$$ lie despite that.

---

Come to think of it, has the ship's exit been explained for space walks and repairs? That is, the manner in which an astronaut leaves the 1-atmosphere pressure to empty space? How is an exit area depressurized, for example? Typical pumps like we have on Earth? Has NASA prepared a video on this, as well?
jumpy64

Unread post by jumpy64 »

Being a proud Italian myself, I want to be the first to salute the debut of the first Italian astroactor, Luca Parmitano, protagonist of the famous comedy series "Happy ISS Spacewalks". He's the first Italian to make me laugh so hard since Alberto Sordi!

Here's the link to the just realeased NASA video, titled "Grab Bag" of Tasks Performed During ISS Spacewalk:

Enjoy!

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Q4E1oILqs
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

The informative ISS page at Uncyclopedia ... :P
The ISS
Whoops! Maybe you were looking for ASS?

"The International Space Station (ISS) is a space station stationed in international space. It is a joint project by countless nations throughout the world (with the notable exception of China, probably on grounds that they're still godless commie bastards) aiming to expand our knowledge of space. At least, that's what the promotional brochure says. In reality, it is a multi-billion dollar hunk of metal that just sits there and does nothing, while the geeks on board conduct experiments that don't mean a damn thing."

(...)
YOUR NEXT HOLIDAY
Dear reader, your next holiday may be to the space station, all it costs is £10000,00000000/$100000000,0000000 ...Save up and it WILL be the best holiday ever. Living in a metal boiler with almost no food and a Russian creep! In addition, you get to urinate and defecate into two strange looking cylinders that you really don't want to get mixed up.

Dmitri Kondratyev and Paolo Nespoli getting some good stuff over a french nude beach:
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Inte ... ce_Station
We're not alone, it seems - in the void of space this world of sheeple! ^_^
DeeJay

Water a damper at the ISS...

Unread post by DeeJay »

Plastic water reserve leaks into Italian, Luca Parmitano's helmet, forcing an end to the day's actvities outside the ISS.

I saw this mentioned early this morning on some website (can't find it now) complete with photos of the offending water container that was sort of butterfly-shaped.

http://news.yahoo.com/helmet-water-leak ... 46941.html

DeeJay
lux

Unread post by lux »

Meet Karen Nyberg, NASA's latest ISS floating female, showing us how she washes her hair on the ISS which, to my eye, behaves in a most peculiar manner …

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1lPU0nYb3s

Why does Karen's hair point upward like a little troll doll's?

I can't think of any reason for this.

Compare Karen's hair with the long haired passengers of the “vomit comet” seen in this video:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkXrpbOEWC4

The long hair in the vomit comet video doesn't look anything like Karen's. In fact long hair doesn't seem to behave much differently in simulated zero-G than it does in normal gravity except in certain brief situations when the person is in motion.

This is Karen's hair under more normal circumstances:

So, what's up with Karen's weird hair on the ISS? Computer graphics are always a possibility, of course, but I would think if they did it that way they'd do it more realistically.

Is she actually hanging upside down? Is there something above her head that is attracting her hair? Some sort of electrostatic device perhaps? A vacuum? Is her hair coated with something metallic which is being pulled upward with a large magnet?

Is she hooked up to a Van de Graaff generator? Hmm ...

Or, maybe she just saw a ghost?
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Japanese Cargo ship arrives at the ISS. <_<

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAWo0HjUyOc
Lazlo

Unread post by Lazlo »

Clean Room?

Wouldn't you want more of a clean room environment if you were up there and you life depended on all that sensitive gear?
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

anonjedi2 wrote:Japanese Cargo ship arrives at the ISS. <_<
NASA informs me regularly ( :lol: ) that the ISS whizzes bye above my roof terrasse here at Southern France at 9.30-10.30 pm and ... some bright spot is actually seen passing by in 6 minutes from SW to NE accordingly (and 90 minutes around the complete Earth I am told). Neighbors and friends have been asked by me to say what it can be: UFO, OVNI, drone, air plane, Monaco fire works*, etc, are suggested. (*actually fireworks, easily visible and heard from my terrasse, were going on a few days ago when the NASA mystery star passed).
It is a pity that they cannot time a Japanese cargo space ship connecting with the ISS when passing my terrasse! Imagine two stars getting together.
lux

Unread post by lux »

"Physicist" TV personality Michio Kaka Kaku artfully side-steps and spars with a number of skeptical issues about various NASA hoaxes including the non-existence of the ISS without a hint of hesitation in this obviously scripted audio "Q&A."

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNnNAgqjfaQ

This is the first time that I've noticed any mention of ISS fakery by an A-list media puppet so it looks like the ISS hoax has finally reached MSM level. A good sign.

Michio Kaka Kaku is, of course, the former protégé of Edward Teller, the "father of the hydrogen bomb" hoax.
hoi.polloi

Sigh.

Interesting how he weaves through a very scripted set of answers to the most common "undebunking" nonsense, making unintelligible references to explanations that he doesn't actually give on air. Me-show Cock is really earning his keep in the spotlight. We can look at the ISS with "binoculars"?! So what is that round-shaped object tracked as "the ISS" supposed to be telling us about all the intricate/contradictory graphics pumped out of NA$A?

Not to run too far off topic with this nutcase, but the claim that Berkeley has confirmed for us that the moon rock is from the moon because it's got craters ... just like the moon?! Next, we'll be hearing about holographic universe theory confirming that: Yes, we could tell that our carefully guarded moon rock was from the moon because individually printed upon every pixel of our ion microscope's snapshots of the moon rock was the face of the Man in the Moon winking back at us! Color us surprised. We sourced it from the moon alright.
:rolleyes:
scud

Unread post by scud »

“ISS Astronauts Land Safely, Undergo NASA Testing To Determine Medical Effects Of Lengthy Spaceflights.”

...as well as to check accuracy of landing into newly formed volcanos. :lol:

http://www.isciencetimes.com/articles/6 ... esting.htm
tak47

Unread post by tak47 »

propagandafest:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiTiKOy59o4

:lol: :lol: :lol:
hoi.polloi

Looks and sounds like they slapped this movie together in a weekend. Terrible, unbelievable, acting — offensively stupid character scripting — boring and insipid. What did they actually concentrate on to make this movie "work" for an audience? Just telling people to focus on the ISS and how cool and scientific that must be?