THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
simonshack
Administrator

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by simonshack »

analucia wrote: How do we get more people to wake up and see what's happening? How do we connect with the good people in government that at their core don't really agree with all this stuff and are having trouble sleeping at night because of their involvement with the fakery? How do we get them back on our side?
Dear Analucia,

Those are really good questions. I cannot deny that these questions are sometimes featured in my dreams - although I sleep very well at night, thank you very much. More than this, what to say? Do I pretend to have answers to these questions? No way. All I know is that what we do on this forum can't be bad. My hope - as the natural-born optimist that I am - is that we can make a difference, in the long run. Yes, we are just a handful of folks - but so are the dastardly power-clowns that we are up against. Their main advantage is this sharply honed propaganda-machine that they have concocted to fool the masses with. The 'rulers' of this planet are not many. They are just running a tightly-managed show.

Numbers do not matter much in this battle, imho - this is all about perseverance and patience. So let's just keep sharpening up. The human species is probably still in a phase where the rogue and bullyish specimens rule over the meek and intelligent ones, just like we have all experienced in our classrooms when we were kids. And no, I'm not proposing some sort of Darwinian theory of evolution of the species, but I do believe that this current state of affairs cannot last forever. Much sooner than later, the cretinous, power-obsessed specimens of our human race will dissolve in the pool of lies and abuse of their own making. Now, if all we can do at this time is nudging them on towards their demise, so be it. It can't be bad, can it? Let's arm ourselves with resolve and determination to help accelerate this inevitable upgrade of humanity.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

analucia wrote:How do we connect with the good people in government that at their core don't really agree with all this stuff and are having trouble sleeping at night because of their involvement with the fakery?
What makes you think there are any "good people in government"; and if there were that 1.) they would be fully aware of the hoaxes being perpetrated by the covert few who orchestrate and control such things, & 2.) that any who did know would have any "trouble sleeping at night"?

Remember, those "in government" only get there by lying to the public to begin with. Politicians are in the business of being liked which means telling people what they want to hear: lying — no one who really tells the truth would be elected. Unfortunately, the kinds of people who are attracted to and seek such positions are usually either the most indoctrinated believers in the nationalistic propaganda or have a personal lust for power — i.e. brainwashed idiots, wankers and narcissistic assholes.

Even if there are some who might begin with principles and noble ideals, they quickly learn they have to compromise and play the game or get tossed out on their ass. It's all about vested interests and human nature; and people always find ways to rationalize and justify whatever they do (or go along with), especially in the name of bullshit like "patriotism", "national security", the "good of the people" and what "ordinary citizens wouldn't understand" etc. etc. Then the more entrenched they become, the more hubris they develop; like believing they not only know what's "good" for everyone else but that they actually have the right to impose it by whatever means seems necessary to them. That obviously includes deception of all kinds.

So no, I don't believe there are any "good people in government" because, by definition and the way the system actually operates, it means maintaining power and controlling others for "their own good". <_<

The only course left as I see it is to persevere with helping others to recognize and stop enabling all the lies if we want anything to change for the better.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I agree. It is more plausible that good people in government are those kept in the dark.

To earn the trust of liars, you must show you can lie for them.
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Good men in government :D

I have a quote from Janusz Korwin-Mikke , a marginal figure in Polish politics who often speaks truth and this is exactly why he didn't achieve anything more than a parliamentary seat in 1991 . These were the only , free elections in history of Poland without D'hondt's system , 5% tresholds etc. Sejm chosen like this lasted only 1 year or so : )

"If elections could change anything they would have been forbidden"

Just in case we have some "Western democracy" believers . After "good men in government" everything is possible :)
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

"Good" and "government" are mutually exclusive terms, unless the definition for good is irrational, self-contradictory superstition.

Any "government" (or those who call themselves government) is by nature based on force or the threat of force and stands in contradiction to it's own stated reason for existence, generally protection of its citizens, or subjects.

There are a number of sites that claim reason and evidence as principles to which they adhere and use these principles to refute self-contradictory concepts such as good government. In spite of such claims and the well-reasoned arguments about a number of things that one can find on these sites, I have yet to see anything to suggest that the even the possibility of media fakery could be a welcome topic of discussion there. (My efforts have not been well received). It's strange and a bit disheartening.
sharing

Unread post by sharing »

I find this ANAR ad campaign extremely disturbing: http://www.thedrum.com/news/2013/05/06/ ... n-children
Aid to Children and Adolescents at Risk unveils anti-abuse ad that can only be seen by children
but the organization - as well as the media http://abcnews.go.com/meta/search/image ... kb_130507- advertises about the lenticular photo technique used to "secretly" convey hot line number to abused kids. Since the secret is out, what are they trying to achieve here: to convince the public that it can be subjected to optical tricks since/when they are used for "the public good"?
Aid to Children and Adolescents at Risk Foundation (ANAR), a Spanish organisation, has unveiled an ad using lenticular printing, so children see a different picture than adults.

Created by Grey Spain, from an adult’s point of view, the outdoor ad simply shows a picture of a boy below the words ‘Sometimes, child abuse is only visible to the child suffering it’.

When looked at from the point of view of a child, however, the boy has bruises on his face, and the words’ If somebody hurts you, phone us and we’ll help you’ and the helpline’s phone number.
The video of the project also shows
How can we get our message across even when they (the children) are accompanied by an adult
and in the next sequence the word "an adult" is replaced by "their agressor". Yes, I understand the context but still, I find this substitution of words very unsettling, to say the least. hmm...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MYq1jToRc4
analucia

Unread post by analucia »

All good points, and, yes, good people and government is a contradiction in terms, I agree. I find it impossibly difficult to understand how all those police dressed like militia going door to door in Boston, that not one of them had a problem with what they were doing or being told to do and that there's something very wrong with that kind of herd mentality. It's not a time to go with the flow and just do as told when it's obvious or should be obvious they are violating peoples' rights under the law.

And if there are any real people that any of the sims are based on from those photographs, like that Boston Globe photographer John Tlumacki, who is complicit with all this bs, along with the perps in government behind this, and including people helping to push the agenda like whoever the Aaron Tang character is - they're all pieces of sh*t as far as I'm concerned for participating and then furthering the lie by continuing to support the tightly framed narrative being pushed out to the public.

I think we all have a duty to educate folks, but I find it a difficult task at the same time. Farcevalue, you are right, exposing media fakery is not very well received and it is disheartening. I want to invite people to cluesforum, but with caution. People have to be vetted, at least as far as I'm concerned. Most people I personally know aren't really ready and inviting people I only know via social media who seem to get it is tricky as well, because what if somebody is simply a planted shill, hoping to infiltrate groups and create dissent among those groups - I don't want to be responsible for doing that here or bringing them here. Not saying you can't handle it, because clearly you can or this forum wouldn't even be here. I am grateful for this forum and I appreciate the years of investigation you all have put together. And I appreciate that I can drop an idea in here to run through your filters and get your take so I can make a more informed conclusion about what I read.
analucia

On Sharing's new topic, I thought exactly the same thing yesterday when I read about the lenticular billboards yesterday. What purpose do they serve now that they've educated everybody how it works - including the "aggressors" who will recognize the billboards because they've seen them plastered all over the internet and Facebook exposing how they work. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of creating a message that only the kids can see if the aggressors are warned it's there in the first place. Not sure what it all means, but I know I'll be checking stuff from my child's height to make sure that government propaganda isn't being put out there via lenticular billboards trying to brainwash my children by hiding their message in plain sight. I certainly see how this technology could be very much abused by the powers that be.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Analucia,

It's not so much about trying to "educate" folks, as in attempting to teach or preach to them about media/government deceptions, but to simply persevere in indicating your disbelief in front of others whenever the appropriate opportunity arises to do so — such as in relevant conversations with family, friends or acquaintances. The more people see and hear real people express disgust and rejection of the lies and fakery we're subjected to, the more will start to question it themselves. It's a slow process, but every little helps. :)
analucia wrote:...I find it impossibly difficult to understand how all those police dressed like militia going door to door in Boston, that not one of them had a problem with what they were doing or being told to do and that there's something very wrong with that kind of herd mentality...
Do you know anyone who lives there that personally witnessed that, or only what the "news" reported and broadcast? ;)
analucia

You hit the nail on the head there, Maat. I can handle that approach.

And nice point, no, I do not know anyone who experienced that in Boston. I never even thought of that.
edit: Brings up a point, where are some some of the board newbies that say they're "from" or "near" Boston and ran down to the scene to see it in person to confirm or debunk any theories, etc., ie. the clock reflection, blood on the sidewalk. Did they experience that or know anyone who did? I'm curious...

My god, makes you wonder if folks like Glenn Beck and Alex Jones and folks like them are there simply to ensure that they incite people, so that if/when the government does try to really take on regular Americans that they have stirred the pot enough that people react out of fear and fear mongering. Or rather not wonder, but confirms... <_<
Alfie

Unread post by Alfie »

This is an abstract thought or idea about the problem of the poor quality of the photo fakery we see day in day out.
Most if not all of us at some point have wondered why is it so bad?

(example flabbergastereds Boston ear)
FlabbergastedImage
I think I personally have maybe wrongly assumed that a US or European military unit are creating these images / films.

What if it were a sweat shop in China, Korea, Kosovo, etc or even Iran - working without a cultural understanding of what was being manipulated in our media.

Employed under forced or poor labour conditions to create hundreds of these images, which somebody obviously is, for a few dollars a day.

Also who would these people complain to or report this fakery to.
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

These things obviously get really weird when they hit so close to home. Recently when the Dorner incident was going down,for instance, there were real police guarding the houses of some of the people around my area supposedly listed in his 'manifesto' . Each of the funerals of the officers reported to be killed curiously were broadcast in their entirety on every local TV channel. Also, a few small stories of supposed small threats and small scale lock downs appear to be occurring more recently in and around my area. I believe Abirato mentioned in one of his podcasts about experiencing one in Canada recently as well. I am almost wondering if the Boston and Dorner events were larger exercises to make it more acceptable and if smaller scale ones are happening more frequently everywhere as well. Is anyone else noticing this in "Real Life" in their local communities ? (hoping it's possible to get "real answers" :) )

Admins -- feel free to delete this post if it doesn't fit with the forum's purpose...
simonshack
Administrator

Just FYI and for the record - and in case anyone is wondering why I've been a bit MIA lately:

For the last two days, I have been unable to connect to ANY internet site - from my home line. The funny thing is that my wireless modem and connection seems to be working perfectly (Skype - and Skype only - works just fine), but I just cannot connect to any internet page from my home. So I called Telecom - my phone/internet provider. The Telecom technician said: "It looks fine from here, besides, if Skype is working for you, there can't be any problem on our side, can there?" I then spent hours performing all the usual malware/virus searches - and even going back to an earlier system configuration.

Yesterday, I brought my laptop to my local technician. He called me back this morning and told me the problem was fixed. I went to retrieve my pc - paid him for his assistance - but as I got home, the problem was still there!

I am now at a friend's place typing this - connected with my own laptop to HIS modem and... it's all working fine! (??) :blink:

Logically then, I suppose, it is Telecom that is playing around with me. Let's wait and see - but until then, I may still be a bit MIA for the next few days...
sublimity

Unread post by sublimity »

^ It may be a DNS issue, Simon. I recently had a similar thing occur. If you haven't already, go to your internet's Local Area Connection properties, then the (TCP/IPv4) properties and change your primary DNS to: 8.8.8.8, your browser may connect to the internet. If that doesn't work, try setting your Alternate DNS to: 8.8.4.4, as well.

Hopefully that solves it.
simonshack
Administrator

sublimity wrote:^ It may be a DNS issue, Simon. I recently had a similar thing occur. If you haven't already, go to your internet's Local Area Connection properties, then the (TCP/IPv4) properties and change your primary DNS to: 8.8.8.8, your browser may connect to the internet. If that doesn't work, try setting your Alternate DNS to: 8.8.4.4, as well.

Hopefully that solves it.
Hey, thanks! :)

I'll try that - although I don't quite know where to go to change my primary DNS. Will try to find it tomorrow, as I get back home (off to bed now).