Fakery in Orbit: THE I$$

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Fakery in Orbit: THE ISS

Unread post by simonshack »

MY CLOSE ENCOUNTER WITH ASSTRONOT PAOLO NESPOLI

Image Paolo Nespoli
"Look ahead and aim always upwards! The stars are not that far after all!"

This morning, a friend called me saying that Italian asstronot Paolo Nespoli would hold some lecture in my little hillside town in the outskirts of Rome. So (still sleepy) I grabbed my little camera, printed out a couple of A4 pictures from the forum (see bottom of this post) and rushed to the city hall where Nespoli already had started speaking ... to a crowd of 13-year-olds! (and a grand total of 4 adults, including yours truly).

So I walked quietly into the rear corner of the 'classroom', eager to learn - and to follow the lesson intently. <_<

Nespoli, of course, was eager to share with the kids the exhilarating sensations of outer space - and how cool it was to float around in absence of gravity and all that. Here he's seen bobbing about in the ISS with his fellow Italian colleague Roberto Vittori:

He then went on about the many aerial pictures he himself had snapped from space, from the Grand Canyon to Tokyo, the Vesuvius, Dubai, etc etc. He oft mentioned how tricky it was to "choose the right lenses" and regulate "the special sensors" of his photo equipment - and so on and so forth...

Then there was the story about his re-entry and touchdown in the Soyuz module in Kazakhstan. He focused his account on how he would feel dizzy upon returning to earth, while giggling (all by himself) over feeling nauseated and of his personal battle not to vomit right over the recovery crew. At one stage, he pointed out (on a slide) the barf bag he was clutching in his hand, as the recovery crew pulled him out of the cramped Soyuz module...

For the joy of the (by now quite bored) young audience, he then switched into toilet humor mode ... as he started explaining just how they pee and poo in the ISS. So he got a male and a female student by his side, asking them to show to the whole classroom how they habitually pee and poo on earth - to the two kids dire embarrassment and, of course, their classmates' hilarity... More laughters followed, as Nespoli made a loud audio impression with his mike ("WHOOOOOOOPP!") simulating the sucking sound of the vacuum device disposing of the asstronot's excrements "which would otherwise float around the ISS" (sic)...

Towards the end of the hour-long 'school lesson', Nespoli lectured the kids about what they should aim for in life, the steady perseverance. dedication and willpower needed to reach their dreams and aspirations, comparing it all with the relentless efforts of folks at NASA and himself to reach always higher and further into space. At once, he actually said ( I scribbled it down on my notepad), "It will be a formidably tough challenge for us to reach Mars [no mention of the Curiosity Rover], and that's why we are going to need all of you guys' help" [yes, adressing these words to the kids in the audience!].

*Shucks*, I wish I'd snapped a picture as the slide screen showed the Pope sitting in his office talking 'live' (to a TV screen) with the ISS crew... Nespoli's 'humorous' comment to that slide was: "As you know, we astronauts are often thought of as extraterrestrials. So now you know that even the Pope believes in extraterrestrials!" Funny joke, eh? The last slide of Nespoli's presentation was the one pictured below, featuring a caption which goes:
"The future is ours, we only have to dare dreaming!"

After the show, the kids walked out in orderly fashion - while I walked up to Nespoli's desk - introducing myself as an eager follower of NASA's enterprises. I asked him to autograph the below image (which NASA credits to Nespoli). He graciously did so after asking my first name - ever so sweetly adding his pet advice/slogan to the signature: "Simon, keep on aiming upwards!" :P

He smiled - and I smiled back - but before he put down the pen I asked him for just another quick signature, under this other image:

There was a short hesitation and a puzzled look on his face, but then he said "oh, ok!". Encouraged by his kindness, I started a little dialogue with Mr. Nespoli - which went a bit like this:

Simon: "Oh, btw, do you know what material that bolt is made of?"
Nespoli: (instant reply)"Titanium"
Simon: "Ah, I see - the same they use in Formula 1 cars to secure their ailerons. And roughly, how big is it that bolt? See, it looks pretty small on this picture, and I was wondering if you had ever worried it could shear off during your Shuttle missions?"
Nespoli: "Well, no - it's pretty massive, and you know, it has an explosive device which makes it pop out. But uh, I mean how much does a Formula 1 car weigh? 400, 500 kg?" [????]
Simon: "That's right. And the Shuttle weighs like 100.000kg, no? (Nespoli nods). That's precisely why some engineer friends of mine and myself were wondering how that little bolt could be entrusted with securing the shuttle during its ascent throught the atmosphere...what speed is the shuttle's speed, now again?
Nespoli: "Well, it's final speed is 27,000 km/h..."
Simon: No, no - I mean the speed it's travelling at before leaving the atmosphere, isn't something like 17.000km/h?"
Nespoli: "Uh...actually it's mph..."
Simon: "Oh? Ok, even faster then..."
Nespoli: "Well, it's not like that bolt has to deal with all that stress you mention. The shuttle even gets mounted on top of 747's, you know..."
Simon: "Oh I know, that's when they put it on piggyback on 747's to fly it around the USA, but that's a bit of a different matter, no?"

At this stage of our chat, the previously relaxed Nespoli is acting kind of twitchy, gazing around the empty room, scratching his armpits and scalp as if plagued by fleas. Another impatient-looking man has walked up to the desk, listening in. There are only the three of us left in the city hall's 'classroom'. I sense that my chat time is quickly running out. Yet I take my chance at a few more queries:

Simon:"But why exactly did NASA retire the shuttle last year? Wasn't it by now a most reliable and cost-effective spacecraft? Won't this jeopardize the servicing of the ISS and cause a whole lot of problems?"
Nespoli: "Well that's a complex political thing related to budget issues - there seems to be no one in the world(sic) a this time interested in securing the funding of the program [!!!]. Besides, other space programs are now on their way, like Mars and such, so..."
Simon: "Are you yourself scheduled for another ISS mission in the near future, perhaps in the Soyuz module?"
Nespoli:" No no, there is nothing in the offing at this moment..."

This is when Nespoli's laptop(resting on the desk we are leaning on) suddenly goes black - for some unfathomable reason.
Nespoli: "What? Wh...Wh...What happened? Did the light go out?" Nespoli's attention is now all over this little incident.
The impatient-looking man tells Nespoli it's time for them to get going. I understand it's time for me to get going too, so I put my hand up saying "it's been a pleasure meeting you, arrivederci and thanks for your time!" Nespoli somewhat reluctantly shakes hands. "Arrivederci".

So did I 'achieve' anything? Naah. It's not like a wanna play "Bart Sibrel" games, you know. What remains of this episode is the excruciating stench of blatant indoctrination inoculated into these 13-year-olds by this man. One would think those "astronauts" had better things to do than travelling around the place 'sermoning' kids about their 'exploits' - like some sort of spacetravel missionaries. I suppose this stuff goes on and on all around the Americas - and all other European and Asian space-milking countries.

Lastl but not least, I find it astonishing that there were only 3-4 adults in attendance - in spite of Nespoli's lecture being advertised all around my little town of 20.000 inhabitants. His appearance was part of a 3-day astronomy symposium organized by the city administration - so I would have expected a few more folks interested in meeting the heavily TV-promoted Nespoli, even though this was an early morning event. Seems like Italians don't give a s**t about their own NASA asstronots. And that can't be bad! :)
Alfie

Unread post by Alfie »

If I had a printer I'd put your post on eBay - signed by NASA Astronut. :)
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

simonshack wrote:This morning, a friend called me saying that Italian asstronot Paolo Nespoli
That's precisely why some engineer friend
"Ass" is certainly right!

What happened to the rest of your post? It cut off in mid-sentence after the word 'friend'.
CitronBleu

Unread post by CitronBleu »

fbenario wrote:What happened to the rest of your post? It cut off in mid-sentence after the word 'friend'.
Yes we want to hear more.

Did the size of his pupil change when you talked to him about the bolt?
simonshack
Administrator

fbenario wrote: What happened to the rest of your post? It cut off in mid-sentence after the word 'friend'.
Huh!? That actually happened twice for me yesterday - the end of the post simply disappearing AFTER A WHILE that I'd submitted the post (and refreshing the page). Weird indeed. So I had to rewrite the end of the post for a third time today - duh!
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

simonshack wrote: Simon: "That's right. And the Shuttle weighs like 100.000kg, no? (Nespoli nods). That's precisely why some engineer friends of mine and myself were wondering how that little bolt could be entrusted with securing the shuttle during its ascent throught the atmosphere...what speed is the shuttle's speed, now again?
Nespoli: "Well, it's final speed is 27,000 km/h..."
Simon: No, no - I mean the speed it's travelling at before leaving the atmosphere, isn't something like 17.000km/h?"
Nespoli: "Uh...actually it's mph..."
Simon: "Oh? Ok, even faster then..."
Good chat, Simon! 17.000 mph is about 27,000 km/h or 7 500 m/s, which is the ISS crusing speed around Earth. So Nespoli has been speeding around Earth at 7 500 m/s up in space that is a little quicker than Valentino Rossi on his bike, or Master S on Costa Concordia. Sorry you didn't ask Nespoli how he got back on Earth at 0 m/s speed. :angry: :rolleyes:
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I hope one of the NASA folks monitoring this thread weren't nudged into some kind of sad "action" and it turns out that it was just a slip of your fingers, Simon. I'd hate to think my tax dollars are going to something so pathetic as interrupting your post about their cowardly behavior.
Simon: "Are you yourself scheduled for another ISS mission in the near future, perhaps in the Soyuz module?"
Nespoli:" No no, there is nothing in the offing at this moment..."

This is when Nespoli's laptop(resting on the desk we are leaning on) suddenly goes black - for some unfathomable reason.
Nespoli: "What? Wh...Wh...What happened? Did the light go out?" Nespoli's attention is now all over this little incident.
The impatient-looking man tells Nespoli it's time for them to get going. I understand it's time for me to get going too, so I put my hand up saying "it's been a pleasure meeting you, arrivederci and thanks for your time!" Nespoli somewhat reluctantly shakes hands. "Arrivederci".
This.

Yes.

Hahahahaha - ciao buona sera! You're not going to see him in your town again soon. If we genuinely did more of this (challenge in person these poison-tongued ladies and gentlemen paying calls to our children's safe spaces) our communities would grow a resistance to the lies. Of course, being the bespectacled barbarians these NA$A people are, they could genuinely lose power as long as we do this and separate them from their likeminded club members.

Doesn't this remind you of Loris Centola's "cat" interrupting my attempted interview, and his sudden reluctance to be contacted again after our otherwise pleasant and earnest exchange? "Oh, you're not just a blogger, but you have a blog? Exit stage left!"
astronut
Banned

Unread post by astronut »

Libero wrote:This camera, the Samsung SDC-435, appears to be a lower end security camera that can be modified for use with a telescope for deep space astrophotography. However, a quick glance through its very short manual shows that it does not appear to support an on-the-fly transparent menu adjustment system. At best, if this video were genuine, we should have been able to see the image, a flip to the menu adjustment screen and a return back to the image with the applied settings.

Oh.. and the 'tracking software' supposedly used is unsupported freeware ...

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Samsung/SDC- ... ual/236013
Yes, it supports on-the-fly menu adjustment through its video output. It's an on-screen display system, OSD, and it's standard for security cameras like this to be adjustable on the fly. The recording is performed with the laptop I use for tracking using a video capture card, not by the camera internally.
astronut
Banned

Libero wrote:Even if they could be modified live, I would ask myself why the camera manufacturer would allow the adjustment tweak info to be recorded on top of the video as it somewhat messes up the shot.
It's a security camera, OSD menu systems are industry standard. It's also helpful to astrophotographers like myself since it consolidates the information into one screen as I'm tracking.
libero wrote: Also, while the adjustments are being made, the moving object magically stays within the view of the camera, showing off the cameraman's amazing ability to multitask :P .
The laptop continued to track the space station based on its orbital data. I can make slight adjustments to fine tune the tracking, but this is not required for a few seconds while I adjust the camera. As long as the station is well-centered it will stay within the field of view for a good length of time.
astronut
Banned

reichstag fireman wrote: The hoaxster supposedly took the (phony) image above with the "modified" CCTV camera in a "prime focus configuration". That is bolted directly to the telescope, without using an eyepiece.
Yes. I did use a 2x barlow for that image though. I also use a video capture card to digitize the video signal. I recently upgraded from the SDC-435 to a Mallincam (which uses the exact same type of OSD menu system, also uses analog video which has to be digitized, and is designed exclusively for astronomy). Clearly you don't understand astrophotography or how apparent magnification works with CCDs. Funny, I also presented the STS-135 video to my fellow amateur astronomers. They know as well as I do that it's absolutely genuine.
http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/ ... rt/61/vc/1
That entire sub-forum knows all about the SDC-435. It does an excellent job on lunar/planetary/satellite observing and it's even capable of seeing deep space objects (though for that I now use the Mallincam). Go ahead, ask them. There's an entire yahoo group all about using it for amateur astronomy.
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

astronut wrote:
Libero wrote:Even if they could be modified live, I would ask myself why the camera manufacturer would allow the adjustment tweak info to be recorded on top of the video as it somewhat messes up the shot.
It's a security camera, OSD menu systems are industry standard. It's also helpful to astrophotographers like myself since it consolidates the information into one screen as I'm tracking.
libero wrote: Also, while the adjustments are being made, the moving object magically stays within the view of the camera, showing off the cameraman's amazing ability to multitask :P .
The laptop continued to track the space station based on its orbital data. I can make slight adjustments to fine tune the tracking, but this is not required for a few seconds while I adjust the camera. As long as the station is well-centered it will stay within the field of view for a good length of time.

Astronut,

You talk a very good game regarding the equipment you use, almost to the point that I might believe that you are an honest-to-gosh real amateur astrophotographer. Also, I can understand why your club on the astrophotography site would think you a brilliant addition... after all you are capturing pictures and video that they could only dream of (literally.) And why would they be under any assumption that you are deceiving them unless they happened to stop by here first to sift through the mountain of evidence proving the sham.. the 'bubbles' in space, the 'see through' astronauts, the impossibly timed radio transmissions, and on and on and so much more. Add in a couple of astro-soaps including the infamous diaper-donning psycho lover astronaut story and the Gabby Giffords married to shuttle astronaut psy-op and now we have a real credibility problem with some of the actors-claimed-astronauts. And lets not even get into many of the scientific related questions brewing in our minds. Oh, and did I mention that a couple of the astronauts that 'died' in one of the shuttle accidents are missing from the Social Security Death Index?

Where your personal credibility would come a bit into question in my mind, however, is regarding some of the additional websites you have been discovered peddling your wares (and under numerous different login names to boot.) Some of them don't exactly have the stellar reputation in leading folks in the right direction for the pursuit of truthful answers.

So you can talk as blue in the face as the sky is in your videos... you're not going to get too far with your sincerity with me. Your video can't be real because the space station does not exist, at least in space -- the evidence for me to reach this conclusion personally is overwhelming. If you are trying to impress your buddies at the amateur astrophotography boards, you'd better hope that they don't happen to lurk on over at this site someday. If they can think for themselves, that will be the day that all of your work comes into question.

But look on the bright side, Astronut. It's only a couple of more months and you can help Nasa track this:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/new ... santa.html
simonshack
Administrator

Libero wrote: But look on the bright side, Astronut. It's only a couple of more months and you can help Nasa track this:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/new ... santa.html

Santa Claus and NASA - what a harmonious match! :lol:

Hmmm...seriously now - this is getting way crazy. Has NASA gone NUTS?
astronut
Banned

Libero wrote: Astronut,

You talk a very good game regarding the equipment you use, almost to the point that I might believe that you are an honest-to-gosh real amateur astrophotographer. Also, I can understand why your club on the astrophotography site would think you a brilliant addition... after all you are capturing pictures and video that they could only dream of (literally.)
BS. Quite a number of other amateurs have also captured images and video of ISS through their telescopes and posted them on that forum, though not on that particular sub-forum. And that's not my "club." I am part of a local club of amateur astronomers and I have tracked ISS in person for the public at events held by the club. As far as I know I'm the only person in my club who does satellite tracking of this kind, but there is no doubt that I do it.
Libero wrote: And why would they be under any assumption that you are deceiving them unless they happened to stop by here first to sift through the mountain of evidence proving the sham..
They know that I can track it because so many there have done it themselves. Furthermore, they call BS when they see it. I have seen it happen when someone provides images of a satellite or spacecraft that show more resolution than their optics could possibly provide.
Libero wrote:the Gabby Giffords married to shuttle astronaut psy-op
More like, the story about someone like you shot the wife of an astronaut. Doesn't surprise me at all.
Libero wrote: Where your personal credibility would come a bit into question in my mind, however, is regarding some of the additional websites you have been discovered peddling your wares (and under numerous different login names to boot.) Some of them don't exactly have the stellar reputation in leading folks in the right direction for the pursuit of truthful answers.
My personal credibility has nothing to do with that, in fact I debunked the nonsense when I encountered it.
Libero wrote: Your video can't be real because the space station does not exist,
When the conspiracy is so ridiculous that you have to accuse regular amateur astronomers like me of being part of a conspiracy, there is no help for you. You're beyond help.
Libero wrote: If you are trying to impress your buddies at the amateur astrophotography boards, you'd better hope that they don't happen to lurk on over at this site someday.
By all means, invite them. I dare you. If you had the courage of your convictions you would do so in order to "blow the hoax wide open." You know as well as I do, even if you won't admit it to yourself, that they would disagree with you because many of them have seen ISS for themselves in their own scopes, even if they didn't have the ability to take a picture of it.
http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/ ... ll/fpart/1
lux

Unread post by lux »

My view (not that anyone asked for it) is that there may be an object up there which was put there just for the purpose of amateur viewing via telescopes or other such observations.

However, as Libero and others have pointed out, there is just too much evidence that the ISS program is a fraud and that there has never been any "astronauts" up there.

Astronut's photos and braggadocio do not prove the validity of the ISS any more than Apollo photos prove that men walked on the Moon.
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

astronut wrote: Clearly you don't understand astrophotography or how apparent magnification works with CCDs. Funny, I also presented the STS-135 video to my fellow amateur astronomers. They know as well as I do that it's absolutely genuine.
I don't get it.

If I'd taken that footage, and if I knew I wouldn't be rumbled for photo fraud (because the footage was genuine) then I'd want the glory of seeing it published under my real name in the mainstream press, and I'd want royalties for it.

Yet instead, you anonymously tout your incredible footage for nothing around various "conspiracy theory" websites, such as GodLikeProductions*. Why so?

* While this forum was whacked off the internet, I tried to visit GodLikeProducts.com.. but they were having none of it. The IP address was banned :blink: GLP, the beacon of free speech, eh?!