THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
reichstag fireman

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

brianv wrote:FAO Admin. I had trouble connecting this evening and when I did the site was reacting strangely to clicks, pages jumping up and down. I was about to post in the RayGun thread and was thrown out to the front page. Might be just a bad connection or it could be something more insidious! Thought I'd better say to be on the safe-side!
Snap! After spending the afternoon in the pissing rain :rolleyes: the fault was eventually tracked down to TalkTalk, one of the biggest telcos in the country. Luckily, 'twas just a clumsy trainee being a bit clever with his crowbar. :rolleyes: Though on the subject of TalkTalk (and crowbars)..

Apparently in November 2010, an aggravated burglary took place at Broughton Hall, the Staffordshire home of John Caudwell, billionaire founder of the TalkTalk / CarphoneWarehouse empire.

According to BBC Crimewatch, a gang of masked raiders (Scousers obviously) burst into the half-timbered mansion and coshed Caudwell over the head with a crowbar. The dangerous attackers remain at large. Caudwell has put up a substantial reward for info. <_<

Last word to Caudwell: "they're probably going to - almost certainly going to - do it again, and who knows what's going to happen next time.."

BILLIONAIRE BURGLARY VICTIM: John Caudwell

NASTY BUMP: John Caudwell

BROUGHTON HALL: the Caudwell stately pile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crimewatch/appeals ... lary.shtml (great drumming at 1m25s - what wasted talent)
Last edited by reichstag fireman on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
jacobs well 316

Unread post by jacobs well 316 »

Yes, there is a connection between what is happening in today's world and our ( yep, you) eternal destiny; and whether you are connected to the Light (our very Creator AND Redeemer) or sided with the forces of darkness. The choice is individual. During a hostile, horrible time in my life, I called out with every fiber of my being to a God I'd been told about but never really knew existed. He responded to my pleas for help and began to assist me out of that miserable dungeon of despair in ways that were ordinary but sometimes so extra-ordinary that my faith in His existence began to grow. It has never stopped growing since (1999) - the journey with Him continues. He is REAL !!!
He gives wisdom to discern things others cannot see. June of this year, my attention was drawn to 9/11 and the collapse of the towers. It sunk in just like that. A hot pursuit for truth began. Almost at once, I recognized the enormity of the undertaking but made the decision to keep at it no matter what. Where others may tred without guidance, I have Him. He promises to lead into all truth - He is Truth! - and He has led me through all those risky threads and needles over these past few months - ( all alone in this endeavor, btw, in my circle here ) - and got me right over here to SC - where it took about three days just to absorb the fakery aspect and the media's involvement and that there were no planes! And then I had to assimulate into the brain that it was all computer generated imagery .... but I accepted it because TRUTH was there. It took some major effort (still ongoing) to comprehend it, to align all the pieces (still ongoing) ..... my stack of notes and material just keeps growing. Had to spend another $15 today for more ink for the printer - fyi - :)
We've got a deception going on that's been recorded a long time ago. You know the book - I won't even mention it. The adversary wants control of this planet - he actually wants our (the world's populace) worship - and he's setting things up so as to make that possible. He is the master of deception !! What does "deceive" mean? To cause to accept as true or valid what is false or invalid; to cheat, mislead, ensnare.
I will share more if you want to know more about how this current state of earthly affairs ties in with life eternal. :wub:
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

As long as you're still capable of questioning what you call "He", and you keep the answers you get to yourself, you're probably going to be okay.

As soon as people start telling other people what to believe you run into ... well, massive hoaxes like 9/11, etc.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

hoi.polloi wrote:As soon as people start telling other people what to believe you run into ... well, massive hoaxes like 9/11, etc.
Exactly right.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

Can anybody explain how to do a 'screen grab' and then publish it here. B)
Terence.drew

Unread post by Terence.drew »

Heiwa wrote:Can anybody explain how to do a 'screen grab' and then publish it here. B)
Not sure if you is a Mac the knife or a how much is that doggie in the window? ;)

In windows press button labeled 'PrtScn' or Print Screen equivalent in French and then open 'Paint' or other images software on your comp. Go to Edit there and press paste and your screen grab will appear. You can resize it etc and then save it.

On a mac go to Utilities in the Applications folder and choose 'Grab'. Go to your page you want to copy and then from applications bar press the grab symbol. Go to the Capture option and choose one. A sound like a camera clicking will fill the room and your image will appear in a separate box. Go to close this box and you will asked if you would like to save the grab. All very polite.

Then go to tinypic.com and simply upload your screen grab. Open your image and right click 'Copy location of image' (mac) and copy this into the 2 image brackets which appear when you press the image button above i.e.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

Thanks a lot. First attempt below
is a future US spaceship that can travel to Mars and back. With people! Living humans! :lol: :puke: :)
It looks a little ... wobbly? :rolleyes:
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Can I suggest another strategy to keep the spammers out?

Lock the admissions - but open it for maybe for one or two consecutive days each month, which will be displayed/announced in a post or on the front page. Anyone truly interested can join on those dates. If one of them is a spammer it will be immediately caught and dealt with.

I know its a little bit of work for the mods, but less than chasing those a-holes around the board every other day!
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I had a quick browse through the old site while we were down - "timothymurphy"'s letter from the Australian asshole who "predicted" the final number of fake deaths on "7/7".

http://z6.invisionfree.com/Reality_Shac ... getnewpost

And my response a few posts later.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Brian,

At the time Timothymurphy actually did send me, at my request, a photocopy of that letter by snail mail. Sure, only a photocopy - and there's no telling if it's a forged document or not - but I find it rather meaningless to run an ELA test in this case. In fact, I'll take this occasion to express my perplexity at the systematic use / abuse of the ELA tests on this forum.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

simonshack wrote:Brian,

At the time Timothymurphy actually did send me, at my request, a photocopy of that letter by snail mail. Sure, only a photocopy - and there's no telling if it's a forged document or not - but I find it rather meaningless to run an ELA test in this case. In fact, I'll take this occasion to express my perplexity at the systematic use / abuse of the ELA tests on this forum.
Why is it "abuse" to perform an "ELA" test? The signature on the image does not correspond with another available signature of said clown.

And where has the illustrious timothy gone?
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

pov603 wrote:Just watching tv here in Dubai and 'OSN' is posting polite reminders that as satellites are directly in line with the sun twice a year interference is expected with programmes for five mins or so late on the afternoon of 08/Oct. Anyone aware of this and what might be really up?
Mention of the sun is perhaps a bluff for a (genuine) cyclical peak in sunspot activity on the 8 Oct? Maybe discover which "satellites" supply TV broadcast streams to your area. From the "satellite" azimuths, calculate the likely refraction point in the ionosphere. Then study the ionospheric electron density profiles for that region, and the impact of solar activity.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSN :
"OSN’s corporate headquarters and Broadcast Center are based in Dubai Media City in the United Arab Emirates. Services are uplinked to Nilesat 201, 102 and Eutelsat 7 West A
The reception footprints for Nilesat 201, 102 and E7WA are reportedly shown at http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?position=353

It looks like those "satellite" (skywave) signals are transmitted from South America. If so, the equatorial refraction point would be a few hundred kilometres off the Ivory Coast, or thereabouts.

OSN currently has 28 High Definition channels and is the only network offering a full HD bouquet of channels as well as 3D entertainment in the region
A "bouquet" of channels?! More like a slop bucket of fetid stench!
maggie

Unread post by maggie »

I'm no genius, but I think any reports of sunspots and sun activity are pure BS to scare us because any time these reports of the lashing out of the sun, nothing happens. I'm sick of this scare tactic. I'm sick of scare tactics in general.
The sun, moon and earth may well be artificial constructs to keep us all in a fake reality. They're just too, oh so coordinated and strictly aligned.
I agree with Andrew's comment about that the world is held in thrall by a small singular cluster of occultists who shape everything with symbolic crapola. I still am a fan of Bryan Kemila, look him up.
I'm generally sick to death of news "stories." They are exactly that, and I am so glad for this website to point out what may be the real deal or not in what passes to be a genuine event or not.
fbenario

brianv wrote:Can I suggest another strategy to keep the spammers out?

Lock the admissions - but open it for maybe for one or two consecutive days each month, which will be displayed/announced in a post or on the front page. Anyone truly interested can join on those dates. If one of them is a spammer it will be immediately caught and dealt with.

I know its a little bit of work for the mods, but less than chasing those a-holes around the board every other day!
If admissions are only open a couple of days a month, even legit new members will move on immediately and likely never bother returning. Such a forum policy would tell the world we are a closed forum.

It would thus likely end any chance we'd ever gain new blood. I think we all benefit from new voices to the extent they come to us ready to learn, contribute, and act with civility.
fbenario

maggie wrote:I'm sick of this scare tactic. I'm sick of scare tactics in general.
I'm generally sick to death of news "stories." They are exactly that, and I am so glad for this website to point out what may be the real deal or not in what passes to be a genuine event or not.
Quite right, of course, and VERY well said! Thank you so much, you're awesome.