A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Alfie

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Alfie »

simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Admin notice (for Fbenario): Fred, I merged your "What caused the Big Bang to start?" post/new thread into the CHATBOX: http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p2375346

As a general rule, I think that anyone who starts a new forum topic should at least make the effort of submitting a personal, introductory argumentation - and not only a quoted passage from some other author/website. Hope you won't mind me doing so - and that everyone will kindly keep this in mind whenever starting a new forum topic. Thanks.
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

brianv wrote:
simonshack wrote:*I'm currently catching up on the forum's activity - seems like it's been kept pretty flowing in my absence! :)
I thought it was going to be more like - "I leave the class-room for five bloody minutes and look at the place!"
Or... While the Cat's Away, the Mice Will Play <_< except the forum now has an infestation of vermin. :o
Alfie

Unread post by Alfie »

I would have to wonder why you think it's necessary or even appropriate to have a topic discussing God on this forum which focuses on psyops and media fakery.
Religion focuses on psyops and media fakery. :mellow: Isn't it the original psyop?
Not disagreeing with your wish to not discuss, just ..

sometimes when you meet intelligent people the big bigger biggest ideas come to question, its not such a bad thing to discuss is it?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Alfie wrote:
I would have to wonder why you think it's necessary or even appropriate to have a topic discussing God on this forum which focuses on psyops and media fakery.
Religion focuses on psyops and media fakery. :mellow: Isn't it the original psyop?

sometimes when you meet intelligent people the big bigger biggest ideas come to question, its not such a bad thing to discuss is it?
The sentence you quoted should be understood in its context - as it was addressed, with no irony intended, to a believer of, I presume, ( but I may be mistaken) the christian God. Hence, my underlying question was "why would a believer want to discuss/debate what is essentially a personal act of faith?"

Having said that, I 'd suggest we talk over this matter here in the CHATBOX. I'll be open to anyone's suggestions of given religious topics, insofar as they can help us better understand the world we live in - and not just provide an umpteenth platform / battleground for believers vs non-believers. To be sure, I am in two minds about my wish to set a few limits to this forum's discussion topics - but if someone opens a topic to discuss, say, whether perhaps our planet may be remotely ruled by a secret government based on Pluto, I will certainly not think twice before locking such a thread. I do sincerely hope no one interprets this as some form of close-mindedness on my part or - God forbid ^_^ - some type of censorship...
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

"God" is a chemical in the brain. Some have more of it than others, some, like me, dont have any!
Alfie

Unread post by Alfie »

simonshack wrote:
Alfie wrote:

The sentence you quoted should be understood in its context - as it was addressed, with no irony intended, to a believer of, I presume, ( but I may be mistaken) the christian God. Hence, my underlying question was "why would a believer want to discuss/debate what is essentially a personal act of faith?"

Having said that, I 'd suggest we talk over this matter here in the CHATBOX. I'll be open to anyone's suggestions of given religious topics, insofar as they can help us better understand the world we live in - and not just provide an umpteenth platform / battleground for believers vs non-believers. To be sure, I am in two minds about my wish to set a few limits to this forum's discussion topics - but if someone opens a topic to discuss, say, whether perhaps our planet may be remotely ruled by a secret government based on Pluto, I will certainly not think twice before locking such a thread. I do sincerely hope no one interprets this as some form of close-mindedness on my part or - God forbid - some type of censorship... ^_^
Its a subject that I find fascinating but as you say "essentially a personal act of faith". I'm not religious but I have been subjected to the BBC propaganda for several years converting me to atheism, and it was a coincidence of me wanting to post in said topic on the day it closes and on a Sunday - that amused me for some reason. :wacko:

Your key phrase - a personal act of faith - I couldn't agree more and in no way was I suggesting a faith argument. Thanks.
Euphoria

Masons and police pretending to be Christians

Unread post by Euphoria »

It seems the masonic perps are highly adept at pretending to be Christians, while atheism is heavily promoted to the public (via outlets like the BBC). The Beeb makes sure Christianity is covered only as a minority interest, which can be useful for propaganda purposes.

Sir Peter Fahy springs to mind:

Greater Manchester's Chief Constable Sir Peter Fahy said a prayer vigil would also be held on Tuesday, a week on from the officers' deaths.

Speaking to the BBC's Songs of Praise in an interview, Sir Peter said the force was a "family" and his faith was important to him after the "very, very dark day".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-19685022
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Libero wrote:Here's a bonus shot from Vasquez Rocks that I pulled over to catch on my way back home. You might recognize this place from many movies, commercials etc...

Reminds me of my fave outcroppings, the Flatirons, Boulder, CO. (Sorry, can't get the images below to show.)

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X ... x=75&ty=61

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X ... 80&bih=871
fbenario

Alfie wrote:Duck!

there's a poodle about to bite your ear off!

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?i ... bf5.119990
Or a salamander, more like!
fbenario

simonshack wrote:Admin notice (for Fbenario): Fred, I merged your "What caused the Big Bang to start?" post/new thread into the CHATBOX: http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p2375346

As a general rule, I think that anyone who starts a new forum topic should at least make the effort of submitting a personal, introductory argumentation - and not only a quoted passage from some other author/website. Hope you won't mind me doing so - and that everyone will kindly keep this in mind whenever starting a new forum topic. Thanks.
Sorry, Simon, my bad, won't do it again.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

FAO Admin.
I had trouble connecting this evening and when I did the site was reacting strangely to clicks, pages jumping up and down. I was about to post in the RayGun thread and was thrown out to the front page. Might be just a bad connection or it could be something more insidious! Thought I'd better say to be on the safe-side!
Heiwa
Banned

Re: THE "CHATBOX" + Monica Almeida and Mark Barfknecht

Unread post by Heiwa »

Monica Almeida takes pictures for NYT, e.g.
Monica Almeida/The New York Times
Mark Barfknecht has had dead intestine removed; his doctor is in the early stages of finding a way to grow replacement tissue.

What is going on here?

Aha: "The intestine was still attached, at one end, to Mark Barfknecht, a 1-year-old whose pink cheeks belied the reason he was lying on an operating table" http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/18/healt ... rgans.html
while Monica was taking pictures of one year old Mark with three hands keeping him down and two tubes attached ... and NYT publishes it. :lol: :D :P :lol: :D :P
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

brianv wrote:FAO Admin.
I had trouble connecting this evening and when I did the site was reacting strangely to clicks, pages jumping up and down. I was about to post in the RayGun thread and was thrown out to the front page. Might be just a bad connection or it could be something more insidious! Thought I'd better say to be on the safe-side!
Please feel free to post incidents like this here. Or even a "CLUESFORUM.info hack warning" thread. Thanks.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Just watching tv here in Dubai and 'OSN' is posting polite reminders that as satellites are directly in line with the sun twice a year interference is expected with programmes for five mins or so late on the afternoon of 08/Oct.
Anyone aware of this and what might be really up?