THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
lux

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by lux »

... such as this super realistic fight scene between Captain Kirk and Rubber Lizard Man:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SK0cUNMnMM
:lol:
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

lux wrote:... such as this super realistic fight scene between Captain Kirk and Rubber Lizard Man:

:lol:
Lux,

:lol: That is one of the funniest fight scenes I think I have ever witnessed.

The aluminum foil on the rocks is brilliant as well. :D
kervik

Unread post by kervik »

Hello. I was looking for a place to post a new thread but couldn't find one.
And even if I could I don't really see the place to put it.
So here is a suggestion: Can you make a forum for scientific fraud?
I wanted to talk about the LHC. I just don't think it even worked. I remember seeing multiple articles every 3 months saying it was malfunctioning and would be closed until x date. After a prominent scientist said that the LHC was being sabotaged and manipulated from the future I just stop paying attention.
Now you are telling me that they actually got the thing to work?
And even if it did "work" and they actually found the higgs boson...now what?

What in all honesty can this machine be used for?! Sure I can imagine that the higgs boson will help to create new and exotic matter that acts in helpful ways. If I relied fully on imagination I would say that CERN scientists are conducting teleportation experiments at this time. However this just feels like another useless discovery that will do nothing to actually benefit mankind. Reminds me a bit like the cloning hype/fad that went on in the 90s. Funny I remember watching The 6th Day and thinking that we would be cloning people and all that jazz.

I found this article http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 84,5122377 from the old LHC project from 1988. Sums up my thoughts exactly.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

kervik wrote: Image
Hah, I was a CERN watcher of a sorts too. A 500 billion underground facility? How convenient. I'm now convinced it's a giant money laundering hoax spanning two countries. I wrote this post tomorrow!
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

Simon I owe you a Skype call from like 2 years now. I finally got a head set and will drop a call in the next 24 hours or so. B)
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I've been rummaging through some images on CERN's site, now that my interest has been piqued, but not so as it's going to be an obsession, even a mild one. How not strange to see links off to NASA and ESA.

The images I've examined have had their Exif scrubbed, (worthy of the alleged inventors of the web?)

I won't bore you to death, here is just one image and it's ELA.

A bit Heath Robinson if you ask me! Observe the fine pipe object to the left!

Alfie

Unread post by Alfie »

brianv wrote:A bit Heath Robinson if you ask me!
I love those plastic bags - "fixed it".

And the pressure gauge aimed at the image viewer, they're using the old Nasa 'chuck cables everywhere, bound to look clever' trick.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Alfie wrote:
brianv wrote:A bit Heath Robinson if you ask me!
I love those plastic bags - "fixed it".

And the pressure gauge aimed at the image viewer, they're using the old Nasa 'chuck cables everywhere, bound to look clever' trick.
Haha yes Alfie. Definitely smacks of the LEM. :rolleyes:

What is one to make of this?

And only yesterday!
CERN Council today elected Professor Agnieszka Zalewska as its 21st President for a period of one year renewable twice, with a mandate starting on 1 January 2013. Professor Zalewska takes over from Michel Spiro who comes to the conclusion of his three-year term at the end of December.
http://public.web.cern.ch/public/
Alfie

Unread post by Alfie »

How bad is that, reminds me of the film TRON :)

This is the chatbox; since simon1961 was banned we seem to be inundated with david ickey ziony conspiracy wankers, am I being an idiot! :wacko:

I particularly enjoyed the 1933 newspaper article as proof of the jewish conspiracy which in its first paragraph stated "All Israel is rising in wrath against the Nazi onslaught on the Jews."

Hmm! slight problem Israel didn't exist in 1933.

Even if it did, blaming an entire race on our problems of media fakery is immoral and why do most of the 'alternative media', eg s'Icke, Rense etc all hinge on this Zionist conspiracy, without it they have nothing.

So provable media dis-info agents peddle the zion conspiracy constantly.

I'm gonna look at media fakery B)
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

On the subject of ELA and for comparison, here is a photograph of your's truly, in a beautiful Irish country demesne, taken by my better half on a Samsung phone just over theree years ago, Gimp ELA applied and scaled to one third size. Remember too, it has degraded by about 10% as it has been saved one time, such is how jpgs work - and ELA. You can also visit the Exif if you so wish.
Alfie

Unread post by Alfie »

Duck!

there's a poodle about to bite your ear off!

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?i ... bf5.119990
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Alfie wrote:Duck!

there's a poodle about to bite your ear off!

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?i ... bf5.119990
That would just be a break in the trees and branches above me. But yes, I see can Fifi.
Alfie

Unread post by Alfie »

Here's my 'fifi' :lol: Imagehttp://imgur.com/DHE9k,n2xg4#1

ELA Imagehttp://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?i ... a&size=600

Taken on an iphone about a year ago, never been uploaded before, taken straight off the computer to imgur today. I've not loaded this photo into any software.

He's not even 12 months old - a puppy!
I used this photo because there is the obvious diagonal light that doesn't change the ELA.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Hi all!

Am back from a great little vacation in Sardinia, visiting my friends Giacomo and Jenny who've moved into an abandoned farmhouse at the very southern tip of Sardinia - cycling a lot, snorkeling and watching the stars while sleeping on tiny savage beaches.

I'm currently catching up on the forum's activity - seems like it's been kept pretty flowing in my absence! :)
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

simonshack wrote:*

I'm currently catching up on the forum's activity - seems like it's been kept pretty flowing in my absence! :)
I thought it was going to be more like - "I leave the class-room for five bloody minutes and look at the place!"