Mortality before obtaining answers: a worry

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
icarusinbound

Mortality before obtaining answers: a worry

Unread post by icarusinbound »

Back when I and the world were both a little younger, I never doubted that I would eventually find-out the answers (whatever that may mean) to puzzles such as WTC, Apollo and related societal mysteries that we kick-about here on Clues.

Nowadays, when I think I'm feeling mortality snapping at my heels, I have this growing, nagging worry that if I were to die tomorrow, I would feel infinitely cheated by not having obtained the requisite amount of revelations before checking-out. The possible uncertainty of tomorrow's existence is something that, by degrees, haunts us all, but there are times when I wish we could be assured of knowing that 'one day' (by which I selfishly mean within my lifetime) we'll find the real answers, gain admissions from those with agendas, and witness a new true ambient world reality that's real.

Is it too much to hope for? Of course it is.

But still, we must always do our absolute best, and keep focussed on pulling back those curtains.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way.

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Every year is getting shorter never seem to find the time.
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
Thought I'd something more to say.
fbenario

Re: Mortality before obtaining answers: a worry

Unread post by fbenario »

icarusinbound wrote:Nowadays, when I think I'm feeling mortality snapping at my heels, I have this growing, nagging worry that if I were to die tomorrow, I would feel infinitely cheated by not having obtained the requisite amount of revelations before checking-out.
But you already know everything important > the corporate media and all governments manipulate you into silently tolerating the mass murder of others.

And if you are a (non-fake) Christian, you already know you will have an eternal relationship with God.

There is nothing else anyone needs to know.
maggie

Unread post by maggie »

Icarusinbound, rest assured, in death you will only be given the chance to connect with the true wisdom denied us in the hypnosis presenting itself as reality while any of us are drawing breath here today. You will know all wisdom then and not be cut off from finding answers.
lux

Unread post by lux »

I wouldn't worry about it. They lied to you about death too. :)
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Even if we were given an answer to all the questions we have today, by definition knowledge is a bottomless pit. There are always new unimagined things that aren't going to be clear and would be as confusing or frustrating as these.

I think one of the hardest things to come to terms with is the idea that this world really continues after we are gone.
The reason why our culture toys so much with the idea of ultimate catastrophe, is precisely in the selfish, fearful desire older men have to see the world not surviving them. But the world will continue! Whatever happens after death to our individuality, our thoughts and ideas, this world and its secrets will not be our concern anymore -- yet the world will go on, with its cargo of innocents and its rats.

Perhaps what we should really worry about is not the package of few truths and many lies our mind will dissolve with, but how much of them we managed to share with others while we were around, to make us all a little more emancipated and free and able to defend ourselves against the greedy bastards who think they are running the show.

This sounds a little moralistic. Let me rephrase.

Perhaps the thing we should worry about is to not let the intricacies of human society define the mystery of the world, its power to welcome us as a true part of it.

"Go to the woods and hills! No tears
Dim the sweet look that Nature wears."
~ Longfellow