The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
lux

Re: The flashing of UEFA the logo. Mind Control?

Unread post by lux »

Maat wrote:Image
The UEFA EURO 2012™ logo design:

Designed by Portuguese group Brandia Central, the new company logo takes its visual identity from Wycinanki, the traditional art of paper cutting practiced in Poland and rural areas of Ukraine. The logo has a flower that represents both the host nations and a ball in the center symbolizing the emotion and passion of the competition. The stem shows the structural aspect of the competition, which is UEFA and European football. In the center of each flower and the ball, is a figure of a person that has its arms up representing joy and the excitement of the competition. Nature has also inspired other features of the logo, with woodland green, sun yellow, aqua blue, sky blue and blackberry purple being the crucial tones of the palette of colors to figure in the official tournament branding.
[More at: http://www.logoguru.co.uk/blog/euro-logo-revamped/]
Btw, a tulip is the floral emblem of the Netherlands, so this design is evidently not meant to represent a specific flower but as a generic floral symbol for the "blooming" of Poland & Ukraine ;)

See also: http://www.underconsideration.com/brand ... 12_but.php
Gosh, that explains everything. They didn't say the logo has hidden occult symbology or subliminal messages so, obviously, there's nothing to see here. Thanks for clearing that up.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

lux wrote:Gosh, that explains everything. They didn't say the logo has hidden occult symbology or subliminal messages so, obviously, there's nothing to see here. Thanks for clearing that up.
Excuse me? :blink: How is presenting verifiable source information regarding the design's origins and contextual cultural elements not a reasonable way to analyze, compare and hypothesize? :unsure:
Might help to read the rest of the info on the links provided. It is meant to instill national pride propaganda (and marketable items), of course.

However, if we make assumptions based on subjective preconceptions alone, rejecting any material fact that doesn't fit, how can we expect to arrive at a balanced view of anything? If you have credible and verifiable sources for "occult symbology" in soccer balls, Wycinanki paper cutting or flower imagery, please post it :)
lux

Unread post by lux »

^ Sorry. Maat. Your post seemed to so naively accept the official statements concerning a logo which demonstrably contains occult symbolism (as do countless corporate logos) that I thought you were being facetious and I replied in kind. My mistake.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

lux wrote:^ ... a logo which demonstrably contains occult symbolism (as do countless corporate logos)
If you can demonstrate and verify what "occult symbolism" you believe it contains then please do so. Thanks :)
lux

Unread post by lux »

I have already noted in my post above what I observed in the logo that makes me suspect it contains covertly rendered occult symbolism.

You've asked me to also "verify" this opinion. I assume that was meant as a challenge as to whether or not corporate logos do in fact contain covert occult symbolism. An interesting subject which I think may fit the media fakery theme here. I believe they do contain such and if a thread were started on that topic I would contribute my thoughts on the subject.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

lux wrote:I have already noted in my post above what I observed in the logo that makes me suspect it contains covertly rendered occult symbolism.
I'm sorry, but 'suspecting' something has been "covertly rendered" without demonstrating real knowledge of what that "occult symbolism" is supposed to be is not evidence. You even said you were not familiar with soccer or soccer balls. The "666" is a fictional meme anyway, i.e. not a real "occult" number at all, being the mistranslation of 616 in Revelations. However, who can say any logo design had an intentionally "occult" theme unless they were directly involved in its creation or a mind reader.

I have designed logos myself (been paid for a few too), so I do know what's involved with encapsulating everything required to convey a product theme or impression in minimalist, symbolic form. But then everything around us in society, nature, culture, history etc. is and has a symbolic connotation of some kind — positive or negative dependent upon context, perspective and intent. And, as even that arrogant old bastard Freud said, "Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar." ;)
lux wrote:You've asked me to also "verify" this opinion.
Since an opinion, by definition, is not evidence-based it cannot be satisfactorily verified (which is what the focus and purpose of our research here is) — so this subject can only be a matter of personal speculation. :)
Terence.drew

Unread post by Terence.drew »

The word 'sex' and the number '666' appear to be the most common items embedded as subliminals.

http://subliminalmanipulation.blogspot.ie/

Football logos have a knack of incorporating '666' into them.

The 3 spheres in view in the background each contain 6 'petals'.666.
Dark Magicians.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

▲ Yeah, and consider the source: an anonymous blog/youtuber with unsourced, unverified and manipulated pics and text copy containing bunk disproved repeatedly long ago! Gotta love the internet, eh :D

Here's one of several sources with the details of how that 50s "subliminal advertizing" experiment hoax became a popular myth (I remember reading about it years ago — I even saw the original Columbo TV show episode presenting it as if it were a fact too :rolleyes: ).
http://www.snopes.com/business/hidden/popcorn.asp

P.S. I was trying to remember when the goofy myth started about the tri-colored b on bankcards being "the Beast" '666' (sometime in the 70s- 80s I think), but while looking for references to it I found this on a New Zealander's funny blog (Nov 2005):
The end of the world: Once I attended a series of talks by a preacher who was an expert on the end times. He said we are all going to have bar codes in the middle of our foreheads. I decided to grow a fringe. That same month a guy came up to me when I was out shopping and started telling me about the end times and the rapture (that’s not the song by Madonna). He showed me his bankcard. It had the letter b in 3 different colours. He got real close up and told me this was the mark of the beast. bbb=666. I was so relieved I was with another bank and had a cute picture of a horse on my bankcard. Then I remembered the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. I give up. I should just build a bomb shelter.
:lol:

http://www.bankcard.com.au/

*******************************************************************************************************

EDIT update:

To demonstrate why it is so important to carefully examine all sources, try finding the alleged "S e x" embedded anywhere in the original images of Farrah Fawcett (1977) or the Black Swan movie poster (2010) — even after adjusting color levels etc.

I tried every level setting, but cannot reproduce the disinfo blogger's claim by any honest means on either of them.

e.g. Lightened gamma levels only:
Original @ http://creativefan.com/inspirational-da ... e-posters/

Farrah Fawcett original: http://theselvedgeyard.files.wordpress. ... awcett.jpg (Large)

@ http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/20 ... ryl-tiegs/

NB Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Shifting off the subject a bit there, whatsgoingon ;) this was not about "product placement in movies" (as in clearly visible advertizing), but subliminal affects which are not effective.
Yes, how strangely everything is connected in the world and human imagination, indeed :)

Oh shit, better not use the quotes again:
:blink:
lux

Unread post by lux »

Maat wrote: I'm sorry, but 'suspecting' something has been "covertly rendered" without demonstrating real knowledge of what that "occult symbolism" is supposed to be is not evidence.
I haven't stated that anything is "evidence." I expressed an opinion and stated what I observed in response to the OP's question: "Any thoughts?" The OP did not ask for "evidence" or "proof" or anything except "thoughts." If there is a rule against posting thoughts here please direct me to it.
The "666" is a fictional meme anyway, i.e. not a real "occult" number at all, being the mistranslation of 616 in Revelations.
I couldn't care less what the meaning of any of these numbers may be as they are all nonsense to me (as is the Bible IMO). The number 666, however, appears repeatedly in an occult context and that is why I noted it.
However, who can say any logo design had an intentionally "occult" theme unless they were directly involved in its creation or a mind reader.
I don't see that I ever said the logo "has an intentionally occult theme." Or, is this merely your opinion as to my intent?
But then everything around us in society, nature, culture, history etc. is and has a symbolic connotation of some kind — positive or negative dependent upon context, perspective and intent.
Please provide evidence that everything around us has symbolic connotations. Or, is that simply your own opinion?

Since an opinion, by definition, is not evidence-based it cannot be satisfactorily verified (which is what the focus and purpose of our research here is) — so this subject can only be a matter of personal speculation. :)
I think my post was obviously speculation and was not labeled or intended as anything else. As I stated above, the OP asked for "thoughts" and I provided mine. If there is a rule against speculation or thinking on this forum, please point it out to me.
Last edited by lux on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

whatsgoingon wrote:Perhaps we are being semantic. I am not changing the subject but suggesting that Movies with Coke Cans, BMWs, and the latest fashion are more subliminal than overt advertising. At least during an advert, the viewer can place himself in a more conscious state -- acknowledging the fact it is surely an Advert. However, when placed in a movie these acts are not obvious always and clearly designed to enter the subconscious. The latter is far more subliminal than the former. I am not trying to be semantic but rather distinguishing the two methods.
Unfortunately, still under the apparent misapprehension that subliminal images actually "enter the subconscious" to cause some affect, which has been well and truly disproven. That's the power of perpetuated myths and disinformation — it's what we choose to accept as true which has the real effect. That happens through the constant flood of propaganda, disinfo and emotive images via movies, TV and internet 'honey pots' only if we don't apply the same filtering standards to all of it.
whatsgoingon wrote:And no comment on the British Lotto Logo. I am disappointed. ;)
Oh sorry, I was too tired then and needed sleep but thought my last quip re the 66 quote marks would have covered it...too subtle? :D

Ok, let's play 'free association' with that clever little cartoon logo of a cross-fingered hand using the curled over fingers as eyes. As a minimalist design artist myself, I'm quite impressed with it. Symbolic designs are fun to Rorschach, aren't they. ;)

So, with the fingers' X and the eyes' 66, it actually reminded me of the brilliant English satire of British history: 1066 and All That. ^_^ I recommend it (been so long now, I must read it again):
1066 and All That: A Memorable History of England, comprising all the parts you can remember, including 103 Good Things, 5 Bad Kings and 2 Genuine Dates is a tongue-in-cheek reworking of the history of England. Written by W. C. Sellar and R. J. Yeatman and illustrated by John Reynolds, it first appeared serially in Punch magazine, and was published in book form by Methuen & Co. Ltd. in 1930.

The book is a parody of the Whiggish style of history teaching in English schools at the time, in particular of Our Island Story. It purports to contain "all the history you can remember", and, in fifty-two chapters, covers the history of England from Roman times through 1066 "and all that", up to the end of World War I, at which time "America was thus clearly Top Nation, and history came to a ." (This last chapter is titled "A Bad Thing"; the final pun even requires the English term "full stop", rather than the American "period", to work.) It is based on the idea that history is what you can remember and is full of examples of half-remembered facts.... [...]

Works with titles inspired by 1066
Australian cricketer and cartoonist Arthur Mailey had taken all 10 wickets for 66 runs in a first class match during the 1921 tour of England, and hence titled his 1958 autobiography 10 for 66 And All That.

Welsh rock band Mclusky recorded the song "1956 and All That" for their third album The Difference Between Me and You Is That I'm Not on Fire.
Quote from the book: William next invented a system according to which everybody had to belong to someone else, and everybody else to the King. This was called the Feutile System, ...
Chapter 11, page 25.

:lol:
lux

Unread post by lux »

Maat wrote: Unfortunately, still under the apparent misapprehension that subliminal images actually "enter the subconscious" to cause some affect, which has been well and truly disproven.
By whom? Where? When? How?
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

lux wrote:By whom? Where? When? How?
The link I provided earlier contains all the necessary references for anyone interested to research further.

Lux, I really don't understand what prompted you to be so gratuitously sarcastic and insulting because I posted source information I thought would be of comparative/contextual interest to everyone regarding the soccer logo design to begin with <_< Nor why (after I clarified) you made assertions you then denied making when asked to verify by claiming it was only "thoughts" and "obviously speculation" :blink: If that were so, why would you feel the need to snipe? :huh: i.e.
lux wrote:...Your post seemed to so naively accept the official statements concerning a logo which demonstrably contains occult symbolism (as do countless corporate logos) that I thought you were being facetious and I replied in kind. My mistake.
I don't recall any rule on this forum or thread that says no one else can contribute thoughts/observations/information if it doesn't happen to align with your &/or the OP's perceptions either. So what is this really about?
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
lux

Unread post by lux »

Maat wrote:
lux wrote:By whom? Where? When? How?
The link I provided earlier contains all the necessary references for anyone interested to research further.

Lux, I really don't understand what prompted you to be so gratuitously sarcastic and insulting because I posted source information I thought would be of comparative/contextual interest to everyone regarding the soccer logo design to begin with <_< Nor why (after I clarified) you made assertions you then denied making when asked to verify by claiming it was only "thoughts" and "obviously speculation" :blink: If that were so, why would you feel the need to snipe? :huh: i.e.
lux wrote:...Your post seemed to so naively accept the official statements concerning a logo which demonstrably contains occult symbolism (as do countless corporate logos) that I thought you were being facetious and I replied in kind. My mistake.
I don't recall any rule on this forum or thread that says no one else can contribute thoughts/observations/information if it doesn't happen to align with your &/or the OP's perceptions either. So what is this really about?
Evidently you regard the psychological "sciences" and "authorities" to be a trustworthy source of information while I regard them as being as bogus as NASA if not more so. Therefore I doubt we will agree on any related topics. These are my opinions.

It is also my opinion that subliminal messages as well as covert occult symbology are used in corporate logos, advertising and the media in general. I can't comment on their effectiveness but I have seen a great deal of evidence that they are used. Even if they have little or no effect on the public it does not change my opinion that they are used which causes me to strongly suspect that they are believed to have some effect by those who use them.