Global Oil Infrastructure

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Re: Global Oil Infrastructure

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatsgoingon

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatsgoingon

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Slightly off topic but regarding numbers, the girl who allegedly 'died' at the recent London Marathon was...wait for it...the Eleventh fatality since the race began.
Hmmm...
Mercurial

Unread post by Mercurial »

My mother asked me accusingly today do I believe in anything. I said not much no. I told her even this marathon death seems bogus. But I couldn't tell her why they would fake it other than to drive more traffic to the JustGiving website, which I've always thought is a scam anyway. What other purpose would it serve?

They describe her as fit and healthy but show images of someone totally anorexic looking.

A photo they showed on the news of her and friend in front of a mountain looked very fake.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en& ... 8gOdnaHtBQ

The image on the news was of two girls it's not there in its entirety on google image search but part of it is. And what do you know, we have with mountain versions and without mountain versions. This is screaming "fake" to me.

What do you masters of image analysis make of it?

(Sorry to extend this deviation from thread topic but didn't want to start a new one in case I'm talking shit!! :D )
whatsgoingon

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mercurial

Ha ha, I'm 41 and my response to that question is usually, "Well the sun rises everyday and the plants grow, what more do you need to know?" which is probably a tad flip, but hey.

My father and step-father, both in their 70s, are much more open to this stuff than she is.

It's my colleagues I've had the most trouble with (mostly in their 30s) - I mostly get a slow shake of heads, eye-rolling, and either "you're mad" comments or "How do find the time for all this stuff?" WTF? Reminds my of Bill Hicks and the waffle waitress - "What you reading for?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I work in magazines, they are all very attached to the propaganda machine - they can't allow themselves to see it or they'd have to find something else to do. One night a load of them got together in the pub an attacked me en masse - that was fun, a bit like dealing with a pack of rabid dogs. It's all about expediency, see, even if they were to see it they couldn't do anything with the information as our advertisers wouldn't allow us to stray too far from the official line on anything. I know that for a fact.

I'm not asking them to blow the lid off anything just to be more mindful of the terms they are using so we're not constantly pushing the same memes - but no we can't talk about the "events of 9/11" it has to be "tragedy". We can't talk about "changing climate" it has to be "climate change". Not "diminishing resources" but "peak oil". Always these loaded terms. I was so sick of it I quit in a fit of pique! Not very clever, but I feel a bit less of a raging hypocrite.

Managed to sneak some ambiguity in to a piece on what an astronaut saw from space so it was what he "reported seeing" rather than what he actually saw. But really I was pissing in an ocean there.

Oh yes, I thought this was interesting, just last week while freelancing I was working on a piece by a supermodel who shall remain nameless and her pictures of somewhere in Africa. She had submitted text which was all ready to go and at the last moment she wanted to insert into the second sentence some bollocks about the effects of climate change, I hastily changed it to effects of changing climate (it does that all the time all by itself with no help from us as I like to point out at every given opportunity!) My point is, I can't believe she suddenly felt compelled to add that line - these people must have handlers to do that for them! Tiny thing really but the devil is, after all, in the details. I doubt I'll get rehired there which is a shame as I was doing quite well sowing seeds. Oh well, life's a game of chess and I'm just shit at tactics!!
whatsgoingon

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
disinpho

Unread post by disinpho »

whatsgoingon wrote:I am not sure how it all will go down because once significant numbers flip over to understanding 9/11 group psychology will move the population quickly. That is me talking hopefully. The reality may be closer to the moon hoax, and we are still talking large numbers of folks who choose to not believe the moon landing was a hoax.
I think the single-most important obstacle to group-psychology tipping the scale, is the fact that we have a very efficient propaganda-machine that has been operating for hundreds of years. That machine is public education.

As with most physical revolutions, this revolution of information will probably have to address the coming generation, and try and get the youth behind the cause. I find young people much more open to new information and new perspectives, as they are naturally revolting against whatever their parents generation represents.

I have long given up on convincing my parents, but instead invest my energy in talking to any and every stranger that is interested, and especially to young people.
Mercurial

Absolutely. My nieces and nephew are so much more open to the things I talk about - it doesn't faze them at all. They haven't invested any time really thinking about these things one way or the other yet so there's no shame for them of having spent a long time being fooled. Kids are pretty wise. ;)
whatsgoingon

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatsgoingon

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
reichstag fireman

Claire Squires - fake Marathon hero and fake casualty

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

Mercurial wrote:
My mother asked me accusingly today do I believe in anything. I said not much no. I told her even this marathon death seems bogus. But I couldn't tell her why they would fake it other than to drive more traffic to the JustGiving website, which I've always thought is a scam anyway. What other purpose would it serve?

A photo they showed on the news of her and friend in front of a mountain looked very fake.

The image on the news was of two girls. it's not there in its entirety on google image search but part of it is. And what do you know, we have with mountain versions and without mountain versions. This is screaming "fake" to me.

What do you masters of image analysis make of it?
I'm certainly no master but thought exactly the same as you.

"Claire Squires", the "charity fundraiser" who "tragically died" during the 2012 London Marathon certainly is, or rather was, a total fake.

All photos of "Claire" were photoshop failures. "Claire" never existed.

Larger version at: http://picturepush.com/public/8268297

EDIT:

As per Clues Forum rules, here are the links to the original (faked) images, published by the Express, Daily Mail, Guardian, Mirror, etc..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... 0-000.html
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cl ... ath-803737
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/316 ... es-to-900k
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cl ... uld-808530
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/ ... -raises-1m
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cl ... sir-804311 (Sir Richard Branson tied to charity photo fraud)
Last edited by reichstag fireman on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
reel.deal

Unread post by reel.deal »

Last edited by reel.deal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

reel.deal wrote:Image :huh: :blink: :o

Image :unsure: :huh: :blink:
Thanks. That's made the fraud really clear, reel.deal!