Should CLUESFORUM ever get silenced ...

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read
simonshack
Administrator

Should CLUESFORUM ever get silenced ...

Unread post by simonshack »

Important message to all members :

If Cluesforum ever gets whacked off the internet - we'll migrate back to our old Reality Shack free forum (which is still up):

REALITY SHACK: http://z6.invisionfree.com/Reality_Shack
So please everyone take note of this URL - just in case.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: IF CLUESFORUM EVER GETS SILENCED

For now. folks - hehe - Cluesforum seems to be alive and kicking...

Whichever of these 2 figures is correct/trustworthy, I'm happy either way: :)

UNIQUE VISITORS of Cluesforum (this month - September 2011) : 12.855
http://cluesforum.info.visualizetraffic.com/

UNIQUE VISITORS of Cluesforum (this month - September 2011) : 26.067
http://www.cluesforum.info/mint/

Whoever you Unique Visitors are - I love you all... uniquely!
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

simonshack wrote:UNIQUE VISITORS of Cluesforum (this month - September 2011) : 12.855
http://cluesforum.info.visualizetraffic.com/
Ooh, I like that header! "If Cluesforum.info was a country, it would be larger than Nauru with its 12,379 daily visitors!" :lol:

Per Wiki:
Nauru (nah-oo-roo), officially the Republic of Nauru and formerly known as Pleasant Island, is an island country in Micronesia in the South Pacific. Its nearest neighbour is Banaba Island in Kiribati, 300 kilometres (186 mi) to the east. Nauru is the world's smallest island country, covering just 21 square kilometres (8.1 sq mi). With just over 9,265 residents, it is the second least-populated country after Vatican City.

Settled by Micronesian and Polynesian people, Nauru was annexed and claimed as a colony by the German Empire in the late 19th century. After World War I, Nauru became a League of Nations mandate administered by Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. During World War II, Nauru was occupied by Japanese troops, who were bypassed by the Allied advance across the Pacific. After the war ended, it entered into trusteeship again.[3] Nauru gained its independence in 1968.
B)
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

1 in every 145,854 internet users visit Cluesforum.info daily. Cluesforum.info gets 11,427 internet visitors per day,
That is a Barrel load of hits.
By gosh 11,427 visits and only like 10 of us seem to regularly post here!! :lol:
simonshack
Administrator

Total visits of Cluesforum - August 2011: 252.331
Total visits of Cluesforum - September 2011: 244.704

Check it out for yourself! :)
click here: http://www.cluesforum.info/mint/

I wish there were as many monthly hits on my Youtube videos... :P
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Equinox wrote:By gosh 11,427 visits and only like 10 of us seem to regularly post here!
I've often pondered the same thing myself, and remain SO disappointed in the rest of the world. I just can't believe there are so few people with my own sense of curiosity, and determination to learn how I've been lied to. I'm nothing special, and I can't help but wonder why so many people just don't seem to care.
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

fbenario wrote:
Equinox wrote:By gosh 11,427 visits and only like 10 of us seem to regularly post here!
I've often pondered the same thing myself, and remain SO disappointed in the rest of the world. I just can't believe there are so few people with my own sense of curiosity, and determination to learn how I've been lied to. I'm nothing special, and I can't help but wonder why so many people just don't seem to care.
I know, same here... Where are all the alternative media reporters and image graphics experts backing this story up. Im nothing special either, But This is the biggest scoop in the history of the planet! Even the vicsim scoop is enough to blow all other news stories out of the water. I personally gave up on explaining the black n white truth with the truthers a few months back. They appear to be sheep! But I do believe that having some alternitive media reports and some profesional graphics experts companies also backing this story up would help this research get it's voice heard. I could be wrong though.. time will tell. :)
MrSinclair

Unread post by MrSinclair »

fbenario wrote:

I very much agree with you. It is simply astounding to me the things that people find interesting and the things they don't. 9/11 is the most compelling story of our lifetimes and yet people show absolutely no curiosity about it for the most part. Sporting events, any number of fads and acquisition of trivial products seem to hold a spell over so many people. I've been studying the 9/11 event and "trying on" various explanations for all this time and happily my curiosity has at long last led me to this forum and an explanation that seems to make more sense than any others. What an amazing view to even consider and yet most can't be bothered even those who don't believe the official story.

For 10+ years I've thought the Powers that Be were fiendish enough to kill 3000+ innocent people that day, I just never imagined they were fiendish enough to not kill anyone.
jacobs well 316

Unread post by jacobs well 316 »

I CARE. But just finding out about overall deception. Have been on the trail of truth since June '12, and have FINALLY gotten here! Kudos and wow.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

jacobs well 316 wrote:I CARE. But just finding out about overall deception. Have been on the trail of truth since June '12, and have FINALLY gotten here! Kudos and wow.
Glad you found your way here :) I look forward to your introduction as we require of new members in this topic thread: http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=838
simonshack
Administrator

URGENT COMMUNICATION TO ALL CLUESFORUM MEMBERS AND READERS:

Hi everybody!

Yesterday, October 1, 2012 - Cluesforum was down, for the full day and way into the night.

Apparently, the reason was that our Swedish PRQ hosting server got raided by police:

http://torrentfreak.com/prq-police-raid ... es-121001/

We (the Cluesforum admins) now believe it's time to emigrate to another hosting server, as we are getting rather tired of these dramas, having realized (far too slowly) that PRQ is not exactly the best place for us to be hosted at. We will keep you updated - and if Cluesforum goes down again, we will post updates of the situation at this page of our old invisionfree forum, "Reality Shack". So please, dear members and readers, do take note of this URL :

Emergency update page at REALITY SHACK:
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Reality_Shac ... wtopic=476
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Yayy! I nearly visited those furry fuhrer's at catsthatlooklikehitler.com in my despair.

nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Yes we have to move and the sooner the better.
And of course there are still arguments in favor of finding a home with another "particular" hosting service, supposedly more focused in protecting its customers from the harassments of the law *.

* Note to the random reader: here at the Clues Forum we obviously don't do anything illegal, not directly nor by association; but we understand that the control freaks in charge of this world keep writing absurd laws to oppress and herd any unruly behavior, be it intellectual or factual -- and because of this we are aware that the simple activity we conduct here, of exercising our critical judgment and skepticism about the "official" truths and documents offered by the mass media, could be subject to the attention of the law in an hypothetical situation (the laws against "antisemitism" serving as a model).

So, a hosting service harbored in a nation with more civil rights and guarantees could help us out. However it remains to be seen whether such a nation exist (Canada? New Zealand? Ukraine?), and whether such hosting service, like it happened with PRQ, should not attract other kinds of websites we don't want to be associated with (see this article and feel free to be horrified: http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenbe ... sh-police/).

On the other hand there are arguments in favor of joining a common hosting service for the mass consumer. I am thinking of two main reasons that contain or imply many others:

1) Hiding within the masses. Being hosted by normal service sends a message, that we are normal and associate with normal people. If they want to take us down, moving somewhere else it'd be nothing more than going to shop at a different mall. There is a countless supply of regular hosting services and they cannot take them all down to bother us. Conversely, there are many occasions to take down the few "special" providers that target sensible websites;

2) Lower prices, better product. Regular hosting services will give us easiness in using every service, many more free features and much cheaper costs. I imagine there would be no shortage of problems but like Simon said, at least there would not be all the drama associated with guys like PRQ. PRQ worked for us in these couple of years but let's face it: it was more expensive than a regular hosting service, yet the interface for the user was backbone and harder to use and understand. And the customer service was below par. We have never been told or explained in any way why the website would go down or what could be done about it.

A search with google returns several top-ten lists of hosting providers. To give you an idea, here's one: http://b2evolution.net/web-hosting/top- ... osting.php

I don't know what to make of it. I have experience with at least one of these providers and it was mostly very fine. Of course the fact that they are based in the U.S. it is not ideal, but... does it really make a difference? What direction should we go? Feel free to give us your opinion on the matter.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I think it's time to think about mirroring our site.

I am not sure how it works from a technical perspective but I think it's challenging to mirror an entire forum being updated constantly. Still, this could involve more technical problems at first, but once installed, let's consider the benefits:

One site is up if another goes down.
One site exists to post about the progress of updates.
If both sites go down across the world from each other (e.g; one common server in USA and another in a "free press" country like Estonia, Norway, Finland, Luxembourg?) we know when it is more likely to be a concerted attack instead of dressed up as an accident or pretended by the press as an "unrelated incident".

Even if only one exists as a back up that cannot be posted to, and the other exists as the live content, that would be an improvement.

Do you think this kind of strategy is warranted yet? I think we've been given ample warning and it's time to, even if it's a technical challenge for us amateurs, at first.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

It seems many government web sites in Sweden were down Monday/Tuseday due to some cyber attack on their ISPs announced in a video on Youtube ... that maybe someone can find? Cluesforum just got closed down being on an ISP under attack? :rolleyes: