Why are smart people fooled

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby waterwitch on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:04 pm

I recently was asked by friends to explain why I thought 9/11 was a staged event with no deaths. First I asked them to tell me what their recollections of 9/11 were. I was (naively) amazed at the outpourings and the wish to accurately convey the exact chronology that preceded their exposure to the (hideously faked) news event. To cut a long story short I realized that by questioning the veracity of the images, I was "contaminating" their emotional responses to an event that they had unquestioningly perceived as real. This is a real barrier, as it indirectly says, "Ha, ha - you were fooled by a conjurer, and I wasn't!" I told them honestly that I had been fooled too, and then they wanted to know who had done it and why. They couldn't imagine the scale of effort and nefariousness of the perps. It was only by avoiding talking about the putative identities and motivations of the perps, and just concentrating on making them aware of possible anomalies in the images broadcast world-wide that was I able to make at least one of them say that he didn't recollect the details so exactly and he would have to check it out. These are all smart people, but I am not optimistic that any will start reconsidering their beliefs. How can we present the information that we have in a way that gets through to them?
Yours, (cautiously optimistic),
Waterwitch
waterwitch
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby Brutal Metal on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:34 am

If your friends Don't believe the No Planes/No Passengers/Vicsims/Fake Flight Manifests/911 Actors/the list could go on for 20 more lines BUT here's ONE thing you can't refute Audio in the streets was done in a soundstage and dubbed with a number of effects to similate a PANIC situation, have your buddies explain away the "OH MY GOD" lady showing up in numerous video footage? Some company or Government branch Knowingly edited this stuff and that's FACT! Here's the Jumper Audio Fake I uncovered!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_IMiAH71JY

Have them come up with an answer WHY the same guys voice is on Two Totally separate movie clips saying the same thing with ONE being an Infamous Jumper Shot?? In an Ode to Simon BUSTED!! :D
Brutal Metal
Member
 
Posts: 401
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:58 am

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby waterwitch on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:06 pm

@brutalMetal Yes, maybe the best approach is to concentrate on concrete examples like the fake audio or the nose in/nose out and ask them to explain it. This is shifting the burden of
proof on to them to explain the visuals within their understanding of the physical world ;) In other words i'd like to get them to watch the footage with a critical eye. Watching the images again, I can't help but see how fake they are. But I remember the first time I watched them I didn't have that impression because I was cued to see them within the context of a news report and the anchors were telling me what I was seeing. This is a powerful mechanism. I'm in Adult Education and I sometimes sketch rudimentary cartoon figures on the board to illustrate certain points. Once I tell the participants what these figures are supposed to represent "This squiggle is an Oak Tree and that zig-zag is lightning", they willingly suspend disbelief and use their imagination to compensate for my artistic deficiencies. This is, imo, similar to what happens with these fake news stories.
Another approach I'm considering as to how to introduce the Subject is slipping into the role of the Thoughtful Sceptic, ie not coming out and out saying that 9/11 was a hoax from start to finish, but just asking questions, expressing puzzlement, sowing seeds of doubt. Maybe this gentler way is better than the more dramatic and overt way I have been adopting up to now. Thoughts ? ( *sigh* Where are the rhetors when you need them :wacko: )
waterwitch
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby fbenario on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:06 pm

waterwitch wrote:Another approach I'm considering as to how to introduce the Subject is slipping into the role of the Thoughtful Sceptic, ie not coming out and out saying that 9/11 was a hoax from start to finish, but just asking questions, expressing puzzlement, sowing seeds of doubt.

I think you're right about the necessity of that approach. Years ago, I began thinking for myself when someone asked me to try to figure out why there were no plane parts at the Pentagon. If he had begun by saying the whole thing never happened I wouldn't have listened to him.
fbenario
Member
 
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:49 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby joey on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:40 am

.
Last edited by joey on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
joey
Member
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby jlsumme on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:00 am

[ ]
Last edited by jlsumme on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
jlsumme
Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby Dcopymope on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:33 am

jlsumme wrote:This has to be the best discussion to read after a verbal "beat-down" by your spouse. While watching the 9/11 ceremony today and listening to all of the names being read. My wife turned to me and said "I can't believe you are so stupid to believe that the deaths were fake!" I had not said a word about 9/11 this morning. "You are to smart to believe that." Well that's not what I believe and that's not the main topic of what I believe happened. I believe some deaths were faked but many other things that happened that day are far more important. " I can't believe you would think that our government would kill innocent people!" (yes they will) I kept my mouth shut after that one.
Tonight she brought it up again, "I can't believe that you are so fuckin' stupid!"she said.
Americans got the blinders on, blinding out the facts. They are like water taking the path of least resistance.
Isn't it interesting that they got the new building going up and a nice monument, were these planned before 9/11, probably not but it makes you think. Does Larry Silverstein own them? He came out really good after this.A good way to not have to clean out the asbestos laded buildings.
I can not believe how most Americans (I love our country,by the way) fall for this hook line and sinker. Any thing they see on TV is the truth. To oppose the view of the public media you are a nutjob. If people were taught history as it really happened they would be more aware of could happen. They just can't believe in reality.

I really liked that quote......
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain


I would say that if the public actually had a mind of their own they wouldn't necessarily have to be taught any real history as it really happened, they would seek it out for themselves. The curiosity of a human with his mind intact knows no bounds especially if something isn't making sense to them, like the official 9/11 fable. Just look at what happens to children when they start to enquire about things that don’t make a lot of sense to them, when they continually question the rubbish they are taught in school as fact, they’re tagged as “ADD” or “”ADHD” or “ODD” and put on Ritalin or Prozac to shut them up, most of which are boys, as you would expect, because throughout history, most of their opposition have come from men, so they get to them early and put them out of commission.

Edit: Are we medicating a disorder or treating boyhood as a disease?

Yes we are, and we all know why, its to eliminate those you know will become a problem later on so that there is no real resistance to your political agenda.
Dcopymope
Banned
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:59 am

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby fbenario on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:21 am

jlsumme wrote:I can not believe how most Americans (I love our country,by the way) fall for this hook line and sinker.

Why in the world did you throw in that bolded parenthetical. It is awful. What's wrong with you?

Are you so unaware that you think the folks here will think more highly of you for your unthinking, knee-jerk affirmation of how much you love this wretched, benighted country, full of perps and the stupidest, most bloodthirsty population on the planet?

Yesterday on Facebook I posted:
If you include the US flag in your profile picture, please unfriend me. Using the flag to brag about yourself, and emotionally manipulate other people, is vile. Shame on you.

After all the hoaxes and lies this forum has exposed over the last 2 years, it is actually an impossibility for any member here to say in good faith that he loves this country. Throwing in some irrelevant patriotic comment is entirely unwelcome.
fbenario
Member
 
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:49 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby jlsumme on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:05 am


full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxnpujfanUM
jlsumme
Member
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby Ajasin on Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:17 am

"Smart" people are normally only smart in one direction - they have narrow and deep understanding of a given area, they do not possess a broader understanding of the world. Yada Yada Yada.
Ajasin
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby Dcopymope on Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:50 pm

Ajasin wrote:"Smart" people are normally only smart in one direction - they have narrow and deep understanding of a given area, they do not possess a broader understanding of the world. Yada Yada Yada.


My point exactly, we should never confuse someone being smart or an expert in a particular field of study with understanding how the real world really works, because that would be overestimating the intelligence of the general populace, they know next to nothing.
Dcopymope
Banned
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:59 am

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby Maat on Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:41 am

jlsumme wrote: JFK telling us the 911 truth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxnpujfanUM

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." — Mark Twain

I'm so tired of seeing that JFK speech edited to make it sound like a reference to specific 'secret societies', when it was actually all about the Cold War and the perceived threat / infiltration of Communism around the world.

Thanks to mega-mouth disinfo clown Alex Jones' propagation of that selective editing, they all seem to copy the same clips with the sentence after "no secret is revealed" cut to support their pet memes, 'secret society'/'Illuminati' etc. ad nauseam. But it doesn't hold up when read in its original context. e.g.

"...Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed. It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match."

This demonstrates why we all need to be vigilant & never automatically accept anything as presented just because it fits a cherished opinion, or done by a perceived ally, without verifying the source material in context.

Full transcript Address, "The President and the Press," before the American Newspaper Publishers Association, 27 April 1961

Full speech: Audio

Much like the difference between Belief & Knowledge, there is a vast difference between being "book smart" and intelligent. Having an aptitude for learning information by rote and passing exams doesn't denote intelligence any more than an IQ test can measure EQ. Without Emotional Intelligence (the ability to apply what is learned from experience to make a successfully meaningful, balanced life) so-called intelligent, 'educated' people can be quite stupid. Or, as a retired CPA and corporate treasurer relative of mine always says, "Qualifications do not necessarily confer competence."

I also agree with Oscar Wilde, "Nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
Maat
Member
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:14 am

Re:

Unread postby brianv on Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:18 pm

p1

brianv wrote:"Smart" people are normally only smart in one direction - they have narrow and deep understanding of a given area, they do not possess a broader understanding of the world. [...]


I knew I'd read that somewhere before! :huh:
brianv
Member
 
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby Dcopymope on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:33 am

Maat wrote:
jlsumme wrote: JFK telling us the 911 truth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxnpujfanUM

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." — Mark Twain

I'm so tired of seeing that JFK speech edited to make it sound like a reference to specific 'secret societies', when it was actually all about the Cold War and the perceived threat / infiltration of Communism around the world.

Thanks to mega-mouth disinfo clown Alex Jones' propagation of that selective editing, they all seem to copy the same clips with the sentence after "no secret is revealed" cut to support their pet memes, 'secret society'/'Illuminati' etc. ad nauseam. But it doesn't hold up when read in its original context. e.g.

"...Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed. It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match."

This demonstrates why we all need to be vigilant & never automatically accept anything as presented just because it fits a cherished opinion, or done by a perceived ally, without verifying the source material in context.

Full transcript Address, "The President and the Press," before the American Newspaper Publishers Association, 27 April 1961

Full speech: Audio

Much like the difference between Belief & Knowledge, there is a vast difference between being "book smart" and intelligent. Having an aptitude for learning information by rote and passing exams doesn't denote intelligence any more than an IQ test can measure EQ. Without Emotional Intelligence (the ability to apply what is learned from experience to make a successfully meaningful, balanced life) so-called intelligent, 'educated' people can be quite stupid. Or, as a retired CPA and corporate treasurer relative of mine always says, "Qualifications do not necessarily confer competence."

I also agree with Oscar Wilde, "Nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."


I think people make the mistake in thinking that JFK and his assassination is more important than it really is. At this point, I don't care what the guy said and how people interpret what people for some reason think are "his" words. Nothing he ever said or did amounted to anything meaningful to people like us, or at least it shouldn't. Even his supposed anti Federal Reserve Executive Order 11110 is open to interpretation, so I think we should just let this puppet rot in piece in his grave and move on.
Dcopymope
Banned
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:59 am

Re: Why are smart people fooled

Unread postby Mickey on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:49 am

Been reading letsrollforums of late as I think there is a lot of good research done over there and I know there are a few researchers who are common to both sites. It absolutely amazes me that rubbish shillery is tolerated on that site. A lot of people who are smart do not seem to discuss proven media fakery like they should.

If people on that forum haven't bought into the horrendous fakery, then we cannot blame "smart" people who have not been exposed to cluesforum and media fakery.
Mickey
Member
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to THE LIVING ROOM

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests