Are Movies Unwatchable?

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
hikerbiker

Unread post by hikerbiker »

Schrreiben Sie weiter auf Deutsch, wenn Sie wollen.

Aber das Englisch ist ausgezeichnet, gro?artig. Eindrucklish.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Uranus @ Mar 7 2010, 04:54 PM wrote: My phrase "wrong or right" was not meant in a moral sense,
it was rather meant that there is no "truth" that anybody can own
and use against others. Like "the christian god is the real one and allah is false", etc.

For me the imperative apply: Treat everyone like you want to be treated.
This because I believe that no goal excuse the means you need to achieve it.
Otherwise you are in the middle of "War is Peace" and you get the Noble-Peace-Price.
There is absolutely no justification to do harm to any other living being,
no matter what colour or believe system, same apply for the environment we live in.

Probably I could express myself much better in German, I hate being misunderstood.

The reason of my post was to become aware, that on a higher level we might be part
of a greater "game" which we do not recognize, but believe we are free to write what we want.

Never mind, just a matter of philosophy, not worth debating about.
Thanks for using the Imperial Tongue. You use it very well and I am sorry to be limited to just the one lingo. I am sorry about miscommunication too; it is one of my banes.

Anyway, I see what you mean. Treat others how you want to be treated or suspect they want to be treated seems like one of those 'golden rules' that shows up in every faith. Not a bad policy, I can say; it works for me most of the time.

Also honesty.

Let be honest, then. I feel like I can't quite get invested in any story lately. Books, Internet chats, music lyrics, poetry, movies and television all pale in comparison to direct human interaction with another person now. To me.

It isn't just the obvious monetary connections each narrative has imprinted in its DVD logos, book publishing notes and web domain addresses - so traceable to a specific lifestyle that benefits from our society's cruel borders chomping away at Natives' land and re-terraforming what doesn't need to be terraformed ... it's the facade of it all. The dream-like way humans enjoy hypnotizing one another, jolting each other, getting the most insane pleasures from self-destruction.

I just worry too much. I worry it isn't good enough. It's pathetic. Simon Shack created a little virtual world that seems like one of the only places that this life can be talked about with any thoughtfulness and intelligence. Everything else is borrowed interest and cross-over appeal - storytelling hooks that keep us addicted to cheap shenanigans.

But maybe that's what we all must do to survive, or something. Right? And this is what I found, but it's more of the same.

Even the truth is escapism.
Uranus

Unread post by Uranus »

Vielen Dank f?r die Blumen, hikerbiker (Thanks for the flowers.)

Well any language cannot express our thoughts and our thoughts are little
against the visions of our brains and the visions are little of ALL-THAT-IS.

But back to Topic: Are Movies Unwatchable?

Still to be defined or to be found out:
Are "they" preparing us for something or are some others try to wake us up.
I am referring to films which have to do with all the aliens and stuff.
As well to films like "wag the dog", "matrix", "13th floor",
(Same applies to books/films like: 1984, brave new world, animal farm, ...)
Many actors seem to be playing a meta-role: Arnie, Will Smith, Bruce Willis, etc.

So my conclusion: Movies are watchable, but with a grain of salt.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

hoi.polloi 4 Mar 7 2010, 04:13 PM wrote: so traceable to a specific lifestyle that benefits from our society's cruel borders chomping away at Natives' land and re-terraforming what doesn't need to be terraformed ... it's the facade of it all. The dream-like way humans enjoy hypnotizing one another, jolting each other, getting the most insane pleasures from self-destruction.

I just worry too much. I worry it isn't good enough. It's pathetic. Simon Shack created a little virtual world that seems like one of the only places that this life can be talked about with any thoughtfulness and intelligence. Everything else is borrowed interest and cross-over appeal - storytelling hooks that keep us addicted to cheap shenanigans.
I agree absolutely and completely. I despise what humanity is doing to one another, and to the Earth.

I said to my girlfriend just the other day that there were only about 8 people on the entire planet I trust on world events/politics/media. 'Who are the eight', she asked, and I said, 'the seven people who post the most on Reality Shack besides me, and Martin Larson, who posts here on rare occasions, and who on Facebook introduced me to septemberclues and the Vicsim Report.'

As I've said before, Reality Shack is the single most important website in the world, and I would be VERY unhappy if it disappeared and we could no longer educate and support each other in this way.

I don't actually believe 'truth is escapism' though, Hoi. Without truth, we are left rudderless, unable to find meaning in everyday life, or in any aspect of reality. More specifically, without the truth you and Simon have shown the world, we would be unable to protect ourselves fully from the lies fed to us on an ongoing basis.
ATTC

Unread post by ATTC »

Well on one hand as stated, at least movies admit they are scripted and not necessarily based in reality.

Although often times they do download us with propaganda. The concept called predictive programming. Alan Watts talks about it.

Heck one of the reasons why we accept the ridiculous physics of the 9/11 fraud is because if you think of all the explosions we see in hollywood and all the physical impossibilities, that we just "suspend our disbelief" for.

Or even the scenarios where there is this one evil villian taking over the whole world. When in reality it takes a lot more complicity from good people for evil like that to prevail.

And the whole concept of comic book villians where people just are evil for hte sake of being evil and not any strategic political or monetary gain.

All these subliminal messages of propaganda they download into the public.

Not to mention all the occult symbolism.

I'll watch a movie on TV, but I don't see myself going to the cinema anytime soon and actually forking out money to be downloaded with that stuff.
IceDash
Banned

Unread post by IceDash »

well I watch movies DVD because it "entertainment" for me

I don't care what happen to the actors or something to that nature, all I care is to enjoy watching movie, yes I know about "Stargate Studio" that used background that wasn't there, much like september 11

The problem is, if I am making movie, I want to tell a story or show awesome stuff in movie, I use it for good, not evil

But sadly, people used this for evil

I still buy DVD movie doesn't mean I support evil thing, I using this for fun and enjoyment, I wish the world learn some lesson that you cannot abuse the system and used deception
Unleashed

Re: Are Movies Unwatchable?

Unread post by Unleashed »

Movies, TV and news most especially. But, I hear people say all the time, well, I just watch National Geographic and animal shows. I came across this video posted at another forum and people were "amazed". This is a great example of subliminal story telling where people tell you what to think is happening in a story, yet there is nothing in the mish mash of spliced footage that supports the story, at all. This seems to be the same method used to sell news stories also. A mix of stock footage, "live" or current footage, murky jerky images that merely suggest some activity has taken place. Mostly though it is people who are trying to sell you on a story by using words to fill in the gaps in lieu of actual captured footage that conveniently does not exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... uBFUumm3Dk
Brutal Metal

Unread post by Brutal Metal »

The last Hollywood gem I actually went to the movie theater for was the Comedy "Farenheit 911" The Total Crap that is fed to the American people now is Ridiculous, I can't remember the last time I sat in my living room and watched a movie on TV,DVD, Blue Ray(which I've never owned!)
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Brutal Metal wrote:The last Hollywood gem I actually went to the movie theater for was the Comedy "Farenheit 911" The Total Crap that is fed to the American people now is Ridiculous, I can't remember the last time I sat in my living room and watched a movie on TV,DVD, Blue Ray(which I've never owned!)
Same here. I don't watch any Hollywood production, either movie or TV. Too much great music in the world to listen to!
Ajasin

Unread post by Ajasin »

Movies, video clips regarding 9/11 make it unwatchable.
kansasinnovember

Unread post by kansasinnovember »

The last film i watched was "unthinkable" with Samuel L Jackson,and found myself thinking if only that were Bush or Blair or any high ranking government or media mogul,imagine the info you could force from their mouths just using a little physcological persuasion.
lux

Unread post by lux »

Unleashed wrote:Movies, TV and news most especially. But, I hear people say all the time, well, I just watch National Geographic and animal shows. I came across this video posted at another forum and people were "amazed". This is a great example of subliminal story telling where people tell you what to think is happening in a story, yet there is nothing in the mish mash of spliced footage that supports the story, at all. This seems to be the same method used to sell news stories also. A mix of stock footage, "live" or current footage, murky jerky images that merely suggest some activity has taken place. Mostly though it is people who are trying to sell you on a story by using words to fill in the gaps in lieu of actual captured footage that conveniently does not exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... uBFUumm3Dk
Yes, this sort of fakery is rampant on TV these days. I first started noticing it on TV in the 1990s when FOX started airing those paranormal shows though it's been going on longer than that. Those terrible "crockumentary" type productions that mix "witness accounts" with staged footage, fast editing and deliberately sloppy cinematography -- all to make it seem "realistic."

This might be a good topic for its own thread as there are many examples.
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

The late in life discovery of logic and rationality, especially where morality is concerned has led me to the inevitable acceptance of a stateless society as the only way forward for humanity. Whether it's outright media fakery giving justification to the need for the state as protector from various and sundry bogeymen, or the ever present theme of the long-suffering policeman/detective/soldier/politician/judge/spy, etc. portrayed as faithfully sacrificing for "the people", it seems like all of it emanates from the pentagon nowadays. I find these themes intolerable, the constant reinforcement of the necessity of authoritarian sociopaths to plunder us in the name of keeping us safe. Sadly, there are slim pickings if this theme is to be avoided altogether. I have no problem with suspension of disbelief, suspension of moral rebuke another thing altogether. This is more of a result of the scales falling from my eyes, I think the pentagon has been involved in movie-making for decades. So, in response to the OP, yes, damn near unwatchable.
lux

Re:

Unread post by lux »

fbenario wrote:I'm aware this is only tangentially related to this thread, but I was wondering if anyone else has developed a severe dislike/distrust for ALL movies. Ever since learning the truth about 9/11 media fakery, I find acting so distasteful I can't watch it anymore, since by definition it involves simulating reality. Right now I think all actors, and everyone else involved in tv/movies, are liars - and I despise lying with everything in me.

Anyone else find movies unwatchable now?
I couldn't agree more, especially with that first sentence.

However, I do have one reason for watching movies/TV: Once one realizes the true purpose of Hollywood's products, one can glean many clues as to the perp's various agendas from watching them. As long as one knows what they are all about, one can actually learn a lot from them and get clues into areas that deserve more research.

I think this is especially true of the comedies and "historical" films and shows.

We've all been subjected to many years of propaganda and manipulation by Hollywood and have unknowingly accepted many false ideas as a result. I find that when I watch older films especially I can spot and re-evaluate many of these nasty little falsehoods, assumptions and conclusions and spot where they came from. This can have the effect of sweeping them away, allowing me to then explore that topic with a fresh perspective.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

I only watch movies on transcontinental flights unless a nice blonde is sitting in the next seat. I prefer movies with nice cars and houses, good food, restaurants, happy people and most important a happy ending. Arriving then in USA for some reason I never find it, particularly not a good restaurant. I was recently at San Francisco. Plenty poor people sleeping in the streets, closed shops downtown, houses locked up and empty (foreclosed?) everywhere, violence in the streets, etc. And difficult to find a good restaurant with nice people inside. Worse at Albuquerque, NM. Downtown doesn’t exist anymore except really poor and sick people staggering around among the remaining churches (only buildings standing). OK, there was ONE good bistro downtown (in a house ready to be torn down), but it was French. I went to Santa Fé. You would expect such a rich town would have some good restaurants. But no. Plenty of art galleries and no poor or sick people sleeping in the streets, though. But rotten, nevertheless. You cannot do movies of that! So Hollywood produces other rubbish instead. French movies are good, though.