The farcical comedy of "Wikileaks", "Anonymous" etc.

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
hoi.polloi

Re: The "Wikileaks" farcical comedy

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Fun commentary on WikiLeaks - basically identifying a number of reasons it isn't as big a deal as they are making it out to be - and, more to the point, WikiLeaks is essentially the same propaganda we are subjected to in the daily media anyhow.

It asks - "is WikiLeaks [...] CIA?"

Notice the nonsensical comments against the video.

http://disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/614 ... eration_1/
http://disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/614 ... eration_2/
http://disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/614 ... eration_3/
MartinL
Banned

Unread post by MartinL »

Seriously now, has anyone seen any of these documents?

The media keeps writing all kinds of stories now but they fail to provide sources for their information.

Supposedly there is a "mysterious password proected file" that they will release password for IF (when) Assange "dies".... ?
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Well, at least a few of us take the time to think critically.
"Wiki-Leaks and plausible lies - Where have all the critical thinkers gone?

Critical Vs 'Black and White' Thinking

The Wiki-leaks documents that provide evidence for what is already understood should be accepted, the documents that echo what we already know to be US and Israeli propaganda should be understood as just that - US and Israeli propaganda. Is that so hard?

Why are many alternative news writers who railed against similar lies and disinformation when it came from US and Israeli 'Intel reports' now accepting, or ignoring, the same propaganda simply because it comes via Wiki-leaks? Do the Wiki-leaks documents have to be all good or are all bad? Is such black and white thinking ever a good way to discern truth from lies in a world where almost everything has some element of spin? Are we so desperate for a truth-telling hero - like the practiced liar described by Anna Salter above - that we have lost our ability to critically think? What happened to our ability to understand and identify the nuances and subtitles of big government propaganda?

The broad view of Wiki-leaks and its documents, so far, paints a picture of a concerted effort to supplant the alternative, anti-war media with an illusion of truth. As the Western mainstream media continues to reach new heights of mendacity and obfuscation of the truth, an increasing number of ordinary people have been turning to alternative news sites for a more accurate perspective of what is happening on our planet. This has posed a clear threat to those whose positions of influence and power depend on a misinformed population.

The solution to this problem would be the appearance on the scene of an organization that goes one better than the anti-war, alternative media and produces 'smoking gun', officially documented evidence of government lies and deception. Such evidence would, after all, come from the horse's mouth, a veritable admission of guilt from the wrong-doers themselves rather than accusations from third-party alternative news web sites. Re-read Anna Salter's description of the pedophile she was interviewing above to get a real picture of the pathology at work here. The deception, of course, lies not in the release of official documents, but in the use of those documents, which in themselves do not constitute high crimes, as a cover to promote the same big government lies. I submit that, based on the clear evidence, Wiki-leaks is just such an organization and is designed to fulfill just such a role: the dissemination of Plausible Lies."

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=22275
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

It's the freakiest show-ow-ow..

http://www.interpol.int/public/data/wan ... _52486.asp

Certainly looks like an Ass angel to me!

Leave it alone guys!! High Order Horsehit and not worth our consideration! Fodder for the plebs!
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I really should listen to my own advice..

Julian Paul Peter Joseph Adam Ass Angel arrested in London apparently. Hmm.

11.28am: WikiLeaks spokesman Kristinn Hrafnsson said the arrest would not derail the release of the cables.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/201 ... ve-updates
fred
Banned

Unread post by fred »

They must have cut back on creative staff, because this Wikileaks psyop is incredibly dull.

UK's own Comedy Central, the Guardian, has this fanciful take:

Julian Assange cast as common enemy as US left and right unite
The outcry against Julian Assange is intensifying in the US, drawing a rare degree of political consensus across the spectrum from politicians and pundits who have cast the WikiLeaks founder in the role of a common enemy.

lol.

The whole premise is stupid. Why on earth would anyone who wants to put secret information up on the internet need help from this Assange clown? The leakers aren't able to post information on the internet themselves, but they're able to send their information to Julian so he can help them post it? It's absurd.

Now Hillary Clinton is pretending that State will fire anyone who looks at the "secret cables" that say that Iran and Pakistan are dangerous.

It's hard to imagine anyone paying attention to this weak story with it's retaliatory Y2K cyberattack subtheme, let alone actually caring one way or
another about the outcome.

Dear Psyop Writers: If you must lie to the public, at least make your lies entertaining. This wikileaks thing is not just ineffective, it's BORING!
This is worse than the miners, the oil spill, and the volcano.

I guess all the good fiction writers have gone to Hollywood or are writing for TV. We're stuck with what's left. They should ship these writers off to the front lines or use them to look for unexploded land mines in Colombia. What a waste of taxpayer money. Bring back the pig flu or a moon landing or something. Killer bees. Trust me, nobody cares about Wikileaks or cyberattacks.
hoi.polloi

lol oh yeah bring on the killer "Africanized" bees coming from Mexico. Maybe they can be jihadist bees too.

Nice to see you posting again Fred. Can I ask what's with your carriage return key - you seem to cut off lines before you're done with them. Not trying to be a nuisance, just wondering. -- have seen some users do that and always wondered if the auto-word wrap was not enough for some people. :)
fred
Banned

Unread post by fred »

Hi HP,

I have been having great difficulty logging in here. At first I thought I'd been banned because I was unable to post even after logging in about 20 times in a row. When I finally did manage to type a message it vanished before I could post it, and unlike the old forum the system didn't manage to save it for me so I could paste it to the clipboard.

Thus, I used a text editor to compose my posts hoping that it would make it easier to resurrect and repost in the event that my line got disconnected. Upon pasting the message, my normal formatting got munged by the word wrapper.

As for being unable to log in and post, I don't know if my communication is being deliberately degraded by the NSA or if it's just some buggy forum glitch, or something else altogether (bats? beetles?) Some kind of bug or something fishy.

Is anyone else having unexplained technical difficulties? I notice that the logins and lurkings look low compared to the old forum.
fbenario

Amazing - the US government just admitted that revealing the truth is incompatible with being a journalist. So much for the facade of having a free press. This means no paid journalist has any credibility any more.
State Dept Decides: Julian Assange Not a Journalist

Agenda of Seeing Truth Released Incompatible With Being Journalist

The protection of WikiLeaks and its founder Julian Assange under the umbrella of freedom of the press has been a surprisingly controversial subject in the United States. But the US State Department has weighed in today and ruled that Julian Assange doesn’t count as a journalist but is rather a “political actor.”

The claim, which was announced by US Assistant Secretary of State P.J. Crowley came with the justification that Assange has an “agenda” behind his activities, which in this case appears to be the goal of seeing the truth revealed to the public, which is wholly incompatible with being a “journalist.”

It is a doubly bizarre claim, both because the historical concept of a journalist involves exactly this, revealing true information to the public, and in that the United States does not formally license journalists nor does there seem to be any basis for deciding who does or doesn’t count."

http://news.antiwar.com/2010/12/10/stat ... ournalist/
hoi.polloi

fred wrote:Hi HP,

I have been having great difficulty logging in here. At first I thought I'd been banned because I was unable to post even after logging in about 20 times in a row. When I finally did manage to type a message it vanished before I could post it, and unlike the old forum the system didn't manage to save it for me so I could paste it to the clipboard.

Thus, I used a text editor to compose my posts hoping that it would make it easier to resurrect and repost in the event that my line got disconnected. Upon pasting the message, my normal formatting got munged by the word wrapper.

As for being unable to log in and post, I don't know if my communication is being deliberately degraded by the NSA or if it's just some buggy forum glitch, or something else altogether (bats? beetles?) Some kind of bug or something fishy.

Is anyone else having unexplained technical difficulties? I notice that the logins and lurkings look low compared to the old forum.
The text editor - that makes sense. Yes, the logins and lurkings are definitely low compared to the old forum. My original suspicion was that many people were assigned to come to Reality Shack and therefore when it moved they became immobile and had to seek red-tape laden approval to come to the new forum. (Maybe we should relocate more often to shake off some of these types of people) but I also suspect our traffic is simply diminished for "innocuous" reasons like people fucking with our PHP.

PHP is notoriously easy to hack and specific hacking isn't even all that necessary if you can just disrupt the sensitive script. As far as I know. Maybe nonhocapito knows better. But basically my answer is yes - it's entirely possible you are being fucked with by an unfriendly entity. We apologize for this kind of inconvenience but we do not have the technical skills to defend against such things right now.

---

fbenario, yes it seems journalism means "mercenary writer" these days. So much for our research! Guess we'd better just throw it all in the fire, right? ;)
fbenario

hoi.polloi wrote:fbenario, yes it seems journalism means "mercenary writer" these days. So much for our research! Guess we'd better just throw it all in the fire, right? ;)
Heavens no! We're not paid journalists, so our stuff holds up, as long as we present objective evidence for our conclusions! I trust you much more than any other 'journalist'.
fbenario

As I've said repeatedly, Wikileaks is a limited hangout controlled CIA-front.
"Manufacturing Dissent

Wikileaks has the essential features of a process of "manufactured dissent". It seeks to expose government lies. It has released important information on US war crimes. But once the project becomes embedded in the mould of mainstream journalism, it is used as an instrument of media disinformation:

"It is in the interest of the corporate elites to accept dissent and protest as a feature of the system inasmuch as they do not threaten the established social order. The purpose is not to repress dissent, but, on the contrary, to shape and mould the protest movement, to set the outer limits of dissent. To maintain their legitimacy, the economic elites favor limited and controlled forms of opposition... To be effective, however, the process of "manufacturing dissent" must be carefully regulated and monitored by those who are the object of the protest movement " (See Michel Chossudovsky, "Manufacturing Dissent": the Anti-globalization Movement is Funded by the Corporate Elites, September 2010)

What this examination of the Wikileaks project also suggests is that the mechanics of New World Order propaganda, particularly with regard to its military agenda, has become increasingly sophisticated.

It no longer relies on the outright suppression of the facts regarding US-NATO war crimes. Nor does it require that the reputation of government officials at the highest levels, including the Secretary of State, be protected. New World Order politicians are in a sense "disposable". They can be replaced. What must be protected and sustained are the interests of the economic elites, which control the political apparatus from behind the scenes.

In the case of Wikileaks, the facts are contained in a data bank; many of those facts, particularly those pertaining to foreign governments serve US foreign policy interests. Other facts tend, on the other hand to discredit the US administration. With regard to financial information, the release of data pertaining to a particular bank instigated via Wikileaks by a rival financial institution, could potentially be used to trigger the collapse or bankrutpcy of the targeted financial institution.

All the Wiki-facts are selectively redacted, they are then "analyzed" and interpreted by a media which serves the economic elites.

While the numerous pieces of information contained in the Wikileaks data bank are accessible, the broader public will not normally take the trouble to consult and scan through the Wikileaks data bank. The public will read the redacted selections and interpretations presented in major news outlets.

A partial and biased picture is presented. The redacted version is accepted by public opinion because it is based on what is heralded as a "reliable source", when in fact what is presented in the pages of major newspapers and on network TV is a carefully crafted and convoluted distortion of the truth.

Limited forms of critical debate and "transparency" are tolerated while also enforcing broad public acceptance of the basic premises of US foreign policy, including its "Global War on Terrorism". With regard to a large segment of the US antiwar movement, this strategy seems to have succeeded: "We are against war but we support the 'war on terrorism'".

What this means is that truth in media can only be reached by dismantling the propaganda apparatus, --i.e. breaking the legitimacy of the corporate media which sustains the broad interests of the economic elites as well America's global military design."

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=22389
hoi.polloi

That Global Research site seems to produce some good provocative material on occasion. Is that a Canadian outfit?
fbenario

Yes, they are based in Canada, and they produce really good analyses of world events, and U.S. foreign and economic policy, from a perspective with which we would tend to agree. Unfortunately, they remain silent on 9/11.
fbenario

WOW! This is the first reference to vicsims I've ever seen outside of our forums. I Immediately sent him the author an email asking him what he thought of The Vicsim Report.
Bradley Manning is a Fictitious Person

By DallasGoldBug (Reporter)

I demand the government provide us with proof that the person they claims is behind the Wikileaks leak, the same individual they claim to have in custody, is a real person.

Where are interviews with his mother, of his father? (VIDEO INTERVIEWS)

Why aren't the mainstream media camped out on his Aunt front lawn? Interviewing his neighbors? Painting a picture of him from VIDEO interviews from anyone close to him in his life.

I've debunked his DD forms that were posted online, reportedly showing his charges as a forgery, not even good ones at that.

I've debunked the hand full of photo released online reported to show Manning holding gay pride signs, and in the arms of his "lover" which have obvious signs of fakery.

Why are there no video footage of him growing up, or interviews done with his childhood friends?

Where is his mug shot?

You will only see Photoshop images of him and those I have debunked in my other articles.

There is absolutely NO, let me repeat myself, NO evidence that provided thus far that would prove he is actually a real, living and breathing person. ABSOLUTELY NONE.
You will never see such evidence, the only thing you will see is a courtroom sketch of him, and I'm sure it will be in a suggestive pose to stir up some kind of opinion of him. Then he will be sentenced to life in the underground prison in Colorado never to be seen or herd from again. Just like all the other false flag operations. Underwear bomber, shoe bomber, times square bomber, Jihad Jane, the latest FBI setups, the list goes on and on.

Court room sketches then disappear, all fake, all created to con you. Wake UP!

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/313/312/ ... erson.html
This is the author's bio.
Bio:
EDWARD L CHIARINI JR. a.k.a. DallasGoldBug Mr. Chiarini, was born June, 16th 1973, in Millington, Tennessee, while his mother was visiting his father, a Marine stations on the Naval base.
As the Creator of the parental monitoring, cyber watchdog website Wellawarenet.com, he was featured on several television news stories pertaining to personal internet security, and the hidden dangers of the program Limewire, written by reporter, Dan Ronan of Dallas, TX WFAA Channel 8 News. Prior to founding the company, Mr. Chiarini served in the United States Air Force.

He got his start in the internet field after working with Mark Bunting (The Computer Man's, TV show) as Web Designer for worldwidetv.com, a site that with the help of Mark Cuban's Broadcast.com became the FIRST web site to broadcast streaming video and audio transmissions of its daily news pieces. He also worked as Chief Creative Officer for Esx Engineering, a Houston-based web development company, and as Creative Director for Ashford.com, also based in Houston.
A part Investigative Journalist focusing on cover ups and media manipulation of facts, and part cyber watchdog all rolled into one. At the age of 15 Mr. Chiarini was hired by author Robert Groden to illustrate his book High Treason. The book stayed on the New York Times Best Seller List for 16 weeks; Oliver Stone later adapted the book into the movie JFK. By age 18, Ed had also illustrated "The Killing of a President" and co-produced the documentary "JFK: The Case for Conspiracy" which was released domestically through Blockbuster Entertainment.
For the past thirteen years he has worked with companies such as Landmark Graphics (a Halliburton Company), Ashford.com, Exxon Mobile, Asurion.com, Compaq IPaq, The Houstonian, Wildcat Golf Club, The Redstone Group, Disney, Ambrosi West Coast, Black Dot Group, Savage Design, and Neiman Marcus and many more.

http://beforeitsnews.com/bio/0000000000005001