Woody Allen apparently questioning media behavior

Fake news and propaganda
fred
Banned

Woody Allen apparently questioning media behavior

Unread post by fred »

You're right, Woody Allen, but it's even worse than you imagine.

---

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/15/movies/15woody.html

[excerpt]

Q. Were you prepared for the firestorm of media coverage you set off by casting Carla Bruni-Sarkozy in your next movie, “Midnight in Paris”?

A. I was very surprised at the level of journalism that occurred in relation to her. She has a small part in the movie -- a real part, but it’s a small part. And I shot with her the first day, and then all the papers said she was terrible, and I did 32 takes with her. Of course I didn’t even do 10 takes with her. This was just a magical number that some guy created in a room. Then they printed that her husband came to the set and was angry with her. He came to the set once, and he was delighted. He felt she was a natural actress and couldn’t have been happier.

Q. That would make a good blurb for the movie poster.

A. For some reason, the press wanted to say bad things about her. I don’t know if they had something against the Sarkozys, or it was a better way to sell papers. But the fabrications were so wild and so completely fake, and I wondered to myself, Is this what happens with Afghanistan and the economy and matters of real significance? This is a trivial matter. That’s a longwinded answer to your question: I was not prepared for the amount of press that was attached to the picture because of Madame Sarkozy.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Wow, a smart-alec New Yorker like Allen actually doubting the mocking media? I never thought I'd see that day!

Maybe there is hope if some celebs surrounded by BS can still actually sort through it all to produce comments like that.