Magic numbers in news

Fake news and propaganda
ozzybinoswald
Banned

Unread post by ozzybinoswald »

terence.drew 4 Feb 13 2010, 03:29 AM wrote: This is the first master number -11
What does that mean? I say nothing. Thousands of websites have sprung up repeating this mantra since 9/11 and it's all baby talk.

Interestingly, these pillars were said to be hollow (sound familiar? empty towers?) and contained writings detailing all the knowledge of the world.
Really? Who says? Edgar Cayce? There's nothing behind such a statement.

The Second master number 22 is the number of planes - 4.
Numbers are not "magic" in themselves. Adding a number together is not a system at all. There are 22 Hebrew letters and so the kabbalah uses that alphabetic foundation to variously connect 10 nodes on a Creation model, the Tree of Life. God, the story is told, speaks all things into existence using 22 Hebrew letters in 32 stages of Creation.

The Third master number is 33.
Look, there's no such thing as a Master Number. Is 55 a Master Number too? Would 55 be more masterful than 33? This is cargo cult thinking. The significance of 33 is that it's completion of a 32 degree circle, the Compass Rose, based on the divisions of the 8 winds.

Here, you're about to rely on the assumption that the number 666 is evil and "creepy" in itself. It's not. It's just a number, 2/3 of 1000. Certainly it's prophesied to become synonymous with the future and worst world tyrant but it's not an evil number just as the word 'fuehrer' does not mean Hitler.
The altered flight path of flight 175 post 'hijacking' forms the shape of a '6'

[flight 175 flight path

The altered flight path of flight 93 post 'hijacking' also forms the shape of a '6'

flight path 93

The altered flight path of flight 11 post 'hijacking' almost forms the shape of a '6'(there is however a smaller 6 at the top corner of the flight plan)

11 flight path

There is a large 666 written over the north Eastern flank of America. It is creepy.

Not that it would mean anything anyway but none of these flight paths is a figure 6.

Can we stop recycling the same old pablum? If any one group is responsible for these "revelations" it would be the perps themselves wanting to mockingly spin us into lala land. I can appreciate the motivation but produce authentic/verifiable sources. Establish a basis for belief.
ozzybinoswald
Banned

Unread post by ozzybinoswald »

terence.drew 4 Feb 13 2010, 04:12 PM wrote: You dismiss the fact that the cult of numbers, starting roughly with the Pythagoreans, predates Christianity by 600 years and has been bubbling away in the background ever since; sometimes as the basis of an actual religion, or as now as a divination/occult practice.
Pythagoreans predate Christianity huh? So what? Is that news? What does that have to do with anything? Once again you're parroting. When did number fetishism form a religion?

There is no basis in history for simply adding the integers of a numeral to derive inherent meaning thereby. I would posit that the interest in numbers among the ancients [and older things are the root of modern usage] arose in the context of and how they pertained to calendrical observances, themselves a direct mirror of the cosmos. What you're promoting is the equivalent of the daily newspaper horoscope. It's all form no substance.

It's not to say there are not mathematical principles and relationships between numbers.

This 'cult' of numbers is the system of numbers I refer to in the post, were numbers have magic or divine properties and not the progression number system based on cyclical events that you mentioned at the beginning of this thread were they don't. There is no exclusivity clause when using systems of any sort.
I repeat, simply making claims carries no weight. There is exclusivity. Just as a child scribbling on paper mimicking the intelligent glyphs of the parent may believe the result to be very much like the writing of the adult although it's meaningless.

Discoveries in geometry and the certainties and patterns it held, and discoveries like 'The sum of sequential odd integers beginning with one is a square', led people to believe that numbers were behind everything and thus divine and mystical. This belief turned into a system where names / calendar dates could be reduced to one number and that number had an energy, a path, very much like the characteristics of astrological signs.
You're running around in circles and assuming the conclusion as a premise. "Led people to believe?" Those are the words of a social theoretician making guesses. The reduction of numbers as you and so many others now practice is nothing but a mathematical operation having no origin in any intelligent system and no merit.

more subliminals 666
Hollywood also embeds planes into buildings.

I'm not trying to just be a dick. Although that's fun too. I also don't want to simply dismiss your interests in a very fascinating subject which I consider most worthy of study. I want to raise the bar. There is more to this than the common fare passing as knowledge. Rather than just announcing which number is "magic" or "mystical" we need context and interpretation. Meaning doesn't just appear in a vacuum.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I also don't want to simply dismiss your interests in a very fascinating subject which I consider most worthy of study. I want to raise the bar.

Bar raising is appreciated. Teaching ourselves knowledge about subjects we don't know about is an uphill battle, just like any system of knowledge. Self education also becomes harder as we get older and our brains freeze.

I appreciate terence's contributions and your critique. Without this critique, however "harsh" it may be, we might not ask why we think we know something. Thank you both for this discussion and thank you ozzy for sharing what you clearly know more about. Might you be able to elucidate on the historical significance of September 11th?

I assumed from my research that its primary importance was as a date - the date a MITRE-ish computer base may have assisted both the South American coup (in Southcom in the 70s) and the North American one in 2001 (via NorthCom and StratCom on 9/11).

However, I also saw an article about Churchill written by his son released on 9/11 in the ... I believe 60s, but I will have to look it up ... and the illustration for the article was a baby's hand holding up two fingers. Obviously there is a great deal of conventional symbolism which appeals to the broad magazine consumer. However, is there also some core language that only the self-proclaimed elite are meant to understand and promote between themselves through such publications and such dates being the moments of their most aggressive military campaigns and/or psy-ops?

And what is this language and can it be co-opted so as to make it more difficult for these criminals to so easily coordinate their crimes against humanity? Is there an immoral element to trying to co-opt their private language?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

brianv 4 Feb 14 2010, 10:14 PM wrote:

Nazy Nazhand (Mozakka)

http://mozakka.com/Nazy/conv_Rupert.htm

Written by Rupert Morris - A Ghost Writing Service

http://www.claritywritingexperts.com/
Fascinating, Brian...a joint "Nazy and Mala" memorial ceremony ... B)

"Nazy Mozakka's" maiden name was, we learn, "Nazhand". Fabulous.
"Mala Trivedi" is, shall we say, an interesting name too. In Spanish, "Mala" means 'bad' - or either of (pick your choice) :
1. Bad, evil, not good.
2. Bad, vicious, wicked, mean, nasty, perverse, naughty (ni?o).
3. Imperfect, defective.
4. Artful, cunning, crafty, mischievous.
5. Sickly, disordered, ill.

And "Trivedi" is an interesting surname: In Italian, "Vedi" means "see"- so I am tempted to think:" Mala Trivedi" ="bad third eye"...But perhaps it has something to do with the Vedas? So I looked up this on WickedPedia:

The class of "Vedic texts" is aggregated around the four canonical Saṃhitās or Vedas proper (turīya), of which three (traya) are related to the performance of yajna (sacrifice) in historical (Iron Age) Vedic religion:

1.the Rigveda, containing hymns to be recited by the hotṛ;
2.the Yajurveda, containing formulas to be recited by the adhvaryu or officiating priest;
3.the Samaveda, containing formulas to be sung by the udgātṛ.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veda
So is 'Mala Trivedi' = 'artful sacrifice'?...

And isn't it just priceless that on the "claritywritingexperts" homepage, their enthusiastic testimonial is provided by none other than "Stephen Haddrill, former Director-General, Association of British Insurers"?
http://www.claritywritingexperts.com/

Fun thread - you bunch of kooks ! ;)
http://www.septemberclues.org
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I was reading about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psycholinguistics wondering what part it had to play in all this and whose name should pop up?

Necessary Illusions

Thought Control in Democratic Societies

Noam Chomsky

Copyright ? 1989

http://books.zcommunications.org/chomsk ... tents.html

Putting it in plain terms, the general public must be reduced to its traditional apathy and obedience, and driven from the arena of political debate and action, if democracy is to survive.

even more than before, to a welfare state for the privileged; and the expansion of state power and the protected state sector of the economy through the military system -- domestically, a device for compelling the public to subsidize high-technology industry and provide a state-guaranteed market for its waste production. A related element of the right turn was a more "activist" foreign policy to extend U.S. power through subversion, international terrorism, and aggression:

More here!

http://www.chomsky.info/books.htm
hoi.polloi

Nice, brianv.

I was also curious about who has been writing leading books on Propaganda lately, and for the most part it seems like people with a boring ideological 'leftist' or 'rightest' philosophy repeating Machiavelli and inserting their doctrines around it.

In other words, there is a highly creepy level of people saying "this is how people lie to you ... and that's why [INSERT VILLAIN] is so evil. by the way, I can't be lying to you because I'm telling you that I'm lying."

Which of course is the perfect way to insert a lie. Gain a great deal of trust around the other matters. Some of these people even write books with an "it's all your own fault" theme. Which is fine, but then what about apparently clear cases of abuse such as an adult abusing a child instead of helping raise it?

The weird thing about psycholinguistics is that it makes it seem as if it were impossible to discuss anything without both consciously and subconsciously pushing one's agenda through personal language.

But here we are, trying to unaggressively share knowledge with one another about how and why human abuse of one another takes place ... and it's still so difficult not to offend people about the matter.
hoi.polloi

I was curious if there were any true bases of knowledge for this "secret language" like the meaning of Masonic numbers as Masons themselves feel about them.