Sending TYCHOS to Astronomy Institutions

Simon Shack's (Tycho Brahe-inspired) geoaxial binary system. Discuss the book and website for the most accurate configuration of our solar system ever devised - which soundly puts to rest the geometrically impossible Copernican-Keplerian model.
hoi.polloi

Sending TYCHOS to Astronomy Institutions

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Well, today I have been thinking about the numerous problems with Copernican heliocentrism and all of the apologists for it and I decided to give NASA "the benefit of the doubt" and ask if they have even heard of such glaring problems with their endorsed model (which would naturally have come in handy during all of their expensive, seemingly critical space missions). To my mind, the best place to educate NASA on the problems with their Copernican-Keplerian-Newtonian heliocentric mode would be the new TYCHOS.info web site, which offers many places to begin their revisions and generously offers a replacement solar system model for them to begin studying.

Here is their contact page: https://www.nasa.gov/content/submit-a-question-for-nasa

However, NASA specifically asks not to receive links in messages sent to them. So I have written and sent them this (with their rather conservative 250 character limit).
TYCHOS-to-NASA.GIF
TYCHOS-to-NASA.GIF (24.57 KiB) Viewed 5936 times
TYCHOS-to-NASA_02.GIF
TYCHOS-to-NASA_02.GIF (14.73 KiB) Viewed 5936 times
To me, they certainly made it look as though I have successfully sent them my message. Now, I suppose we just have to wait 10 to 15 business days for the message to be "processed". I eagerly await a response!
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Great idea Hoi. Will do the same to some official "space" agencies in Sweden and report any responses.
nonhocapito

Re: Sending TYCHOS to NASA

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Ideally, I think the model should be sent to organizations like these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a ... _societies
Even if many of them turn out to be compromised or obtuse or even dead silent, naturally some of these will have level-minded people that will see this as, at the very least, intellectual stimulation. This model badly needs to be put to the test by some expert astronomers. Without astronomers endorsing it I don't see how it could make it to the mainstream.
I don't mean sending a link with a brief summary, but rather sending the whole book, possibly even in print where the costs are not too high. Or is this being done already?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

nonhocapito wrote: Or is this being done already?
Yes, Nonho - I'm taking care of this these days and will continue to do so for ... as long as I live, I guess ! ^_^
I am well familiar with that Wiki page you linked to - and am currently compiling a gigantic list of relevant, 'targeted' recipients.
Alright, so I'm not gonna send my book for free to all of those contacts - only to selected ones. I need to eat & pay my house bills, for Heaven's sakes!

MY (SHORT) MEETING WITH PIERO BENVENUTI - the current president of the IAU

As it is, one of the first persons I sent the Tychos PDF book to was Piero Benvenuti, the current general secretary of the IAU (International Astronomical Union). I did so ten days before he was scheduled to speak at an astronomy symposium held here in my small town where I live, Frascati (on March 21 - the day of release of the Tychos, as it were !)... So I naturally asked him (in my e-mail) if he would kindly read the book - and to concede me ten minutes or so after the conference for a brief private conversation.

Prof. Benvenuti did reply about a week later. As you can see, his response wasn't exactly encouraging :
Gentile Simon Shack,

ho scorso rapidamente i suoi scritti e devo dirle con tutta franchezza che le sue conclusioni sono in totale contrasto con i dati sperimentali, in particolare con le misure di parallasse e dei moti propri delle stelle della nostra Galassia. I satelliti Hipparcos e Gaia ci hanno fornito misure astrometriche con la precisione di 0.00001 secondi d'arco, permettendoci di determinare la distanza di milliardi di stelle fino a 30.000 anni luce grazie alla misura della loro parallasse annua, che lei afferma non essere stata misurata neppure per la stella Polare. Le consiglio di consultare, per esempio, il sito ESA dedicato alla missione GAIA e di rivedere le sue affermazioni ( http://sci.esa.int/gaia/ ).

La scienza avanza unicamente sulla base di osservazioni sperimentali e teorie o modelli che contrastino con i dati osservativi non possono essere considerati scientifici.

Cordialmente,
Piero Benvenuti

P.S.: Subito dopo la Conferenza devo spostarmi a Roma per un impegno.

My best translation:

Dear Simon Shack,
I have rapidly browsed your writings and have to tell you quite frankly that your conclusions are in total contrast with the experimental data,in particular with the parallax measurements and the proper motions of our Galaxy. The Hipparcos and Gaia satellites have provided us with astrometric measurements with a precision of 0.00001 seconds of arc, allowing us to determine the distance of billions of stars up to 30,000 light years thanks to the measurement of their annual parallax, which you claim not to have even been measured for the Pole star. I advise you to consult, for instance, the ESA website dedicated to the Gaia mission and to review your claims.
Cordially, Piero Benvenuti
PS: Immediately after the Conference I have to travel to Rome for a commitment.

I of course cordially replied, pointing out that my book doesn't contain any actual stellar parallax data - nor do I claim that the annual parallax for our Pole star (Polaris) "has never been measured" (as Benvenuti laments - misquoting me completely). Here's the actual sentence I wrote in my book :

"Well, the latest (2012) estimation of the Earth-to-Polaris distance (“323 light years”) is a whopping 34% shorter than the former estimate of “433 light years” (as listed in official ESA and NASA star catalogs)."

As you can see, dear Nonho, this will be the Mother of uphill battles (not that I ever expected it to be otherwise )...

Now, please know that Prof. Benvenuti (who is a lecturer in astronomical history, among other distinctions) actively encourages the efforts of university students & independent researchers - and," if they need help", to contact the IAU - as stated in this YT video:

"And remember that the International Astronomical Union is very, very keen in supporting all these efforts. So, if you need help, do not hesitate to contact us".
https://youtu.be/FxGtp6FsvO8?t=765

Well I did contact Prof. Benvenuti directly - but it seems that my 5-year-long efforts didn't even warrant ten minutes of his attention. :(
hoi.polloi

Re: Sending TYCHOS to Astronomy Institutions

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

NASA doesn't seem to have responded yet but they did send one seemingly automated reply:
Dear Hoi:

Thank you for your inquiry to NASA. Apologies are extended for the delay in responding, as NASA receives thousands of inquiries each week from all across the United States and around the world.

You can learn about the solar system on the Web at http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/index.html

Solar System Exploration at: https://science.nasa.gov/solar-system

You are also encouraged to visit http://www.nasa.gov for the latest NASA news and information. In addition, NASA invites you to consider using one or more of the following easy and convenient communications tools for receiving NASA Updates on the exciting work NASA is doing.

• Subscribe to E-mail Delivery – Simply go to http://www.nasa.gov, enter your e-mail address, set your delivery preferences, and choose your area(s) of interest.

• Receive Updates by RSS (Really Simple Syndication) – NASA RSS Feeds are available at http://www.nasa.gov/rss/index.html

• Join Twitter at http://twitter.com/NASA

Your interest in NASA is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Public Communications Program
Public Services
Office of Communications
Curiously, while many of the links sent include information about planetary bodies, none of them has a solar system model. Or if there is one, it's buried quite a few links deep as I wasn't able to find a detailed explanation of the solar system.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Solobservatoriet: Norwegian heliocentrolatry at its best :P
https://www.metalocus.es/en/news/norway ... ervatoriet

Have the Snøhetta Architects been informed they may need to make a few adjustments to their planetarium?
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Flabbergasted » August 19th, 2018, 12:10 am wrote:Solobservatoriet: Norwegian heliocentrolatry at its best :P
https://www.metalocus.es/en/news/norway ... ervatoriet

Have the Snøhetta Architects been informed they may need to make a few adjustments to their planetarium?
Sweet thought that only some landscaping is needed for the established astronomy to accept what is observably true :)
simonshack
Administrator

MY RECOMMENDATION TO THE INTERNATIONAL ASTRONOMICAL UNION (IAU)

Dear Earthlings - ladies & gents,

You may not be aware of it, but our world's astronomers / scientific community is telling us that our planet's rotation is slowing down:

"Earth's rotation is slowing slightly with time; thus, a day was shorter in the past. This is due to the tidal effects the Moon has on Earth's rotation. Atomic clocks show that a modern day is longer by about 1.7 milliseconds than a century ago, slowly increasing the rate at which UTC [the Coordinated Universal Time] is adjusted by leap seconds."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth%27s_rotation

Huh? Tidal effects? "A modern DAY is about 1.7 milliseconds longer than a century ago"? And this rate of deceleration is apparently increasing? Well, these would seem to be rather worrisome statements which, if true, would have ghastly implications for our planet. Now, 1.7ms-per-century might seem like a mere trifle - but this would mean that Earth's daily rotation would slow down by several hours in only a few millennia (not millions of years). Of course, the apocaliptic, long-term prospect would be that Earth would eventually stop rotating altogether! This is, in my honest opinion (backed by my TYCHOS research), patently absurd - since NO celestial bodies have EVER been observed (nor even hypothesized) to stop rotating around their axes.

However, it is most interesting to read about just what is observed - in relation to this supposed deceleration of Earth's rotation - and why the IAU (the International Astronomical Union) feels the need to add, periodically, so-called "leap seconds" to our earthly clocks...

"The point on the Earth's equator where the sun culminates at 12:00:00 UTC would wander to the East by some 300 m each year. The leap second compensates for this drift, by occasionally scheduling a UTC day with 86,401 or (in principle) 86,399 SI seconds." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_second

Well, the reason for the Sun to appear to "wander to the East" is fully explained in my TYCHOS book - and is demonstrably due to the faulty Gregorian calendar's year count (365.24219 days). The TYCHOS, of course, proposes a slightly shorter year count (365.220565 days) which would ensure that the Sun always remains synchronized at all times with Earth - and correctly returns in line with our planet (say, every summer solstice/ "June 21") as it travels around its PVP orbit. In short, the TYCHOS shows that we live in a totally stable and fully predictable system - no impending Armageddon in sight (apart from that of the now doomed Copernican/Keplerian heliocentric model!)...

For the purpose of expounding this crucial matter I have used (in my below graphic) a 6336-year (or 63.36-century) timespan - i.e. 1/4th of a TYCHOS Great Year (or "Annus Magnus") of 25344 years - i.e. the time employed by Earth to revolve once around its PVP orbit. This, in order to illustrate what is expected to happen over a 6336-year period - according to the TYCHOS model. As I've shown in my TYCHOS book, in 2112 years the Sun is drifting Eastwards by about 15° (in our current era) according to the Gregorian calendar - but this "Gregorian drift" is destined to increase EXPONENTIALLY.

Since the reason for this apparent deceleration of Earth's rotation is completely misunderstood, the IAU folks keep "containing the problem" by adding, from time to time, a leap second to their "Atomic Time". This, in order to artificially nudge Earth's rotation rate so as to make it catch up with our clocks which, of course, are being (erratically) "adjusted to agree" with our current Gregorian calendar count - and the UTC.

"A leap second is a one-second adjustment that is occasionally applied to civil time Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) to keep it close to the mean solar time at Greenwich, in spite of the Earth's rotation slowdown and irregularities. UTC was introduced on 1972 January 1st, initially with a 10 second lag behind International Atomic Time (TAI). Since that date, 27 leap seconds have been inserted, the most recent on December 31, 2016." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leap_second

Now, since we're told that 27 leap seconds have been inserted between 1972 and 2017 (a 45-year period), we can do a simple calculation to find out how many leap seconds are inserted every century. Again, let's use our chosen 6336-year "control period":
6336y / 45 = 140.8 X 27s = 3801.6seconds / or... 63.36 minutes!

In other words, they are currently adding EXACTLY 1 "leap MINUTE"-per-century - for whatever unfathomable reason (since it's not mentioned / nor explained anywhere - as far as I can tell). Yet, it is a curious and fairly interesting factoid.

Anyhow, this 1-minute-per-century insertion will certainly not be nearly enough to compensate for the Sun's expected EXPONENTIAL Eastward drift over longer periods of time (IF the faulty Gregorian calendar's year count should be retained) - as illustrated in my above diagram.

THE "LEAP SECOND": A LONG-LASTING AND ONGOING CONTROVERSY
It is rather comical to read the many controversies surrounding the "leap second" insertions - on the part of the IAU. Incredibly enough, no consensus has yet been reached (in spite of decades of discussions) among the various international agencies regulating / or depending on the correct time-keeping of our Sun's motions.

To exemplify (for brevity) the utter confusion reigning in this field of science, I have chosen a short PDF report published by the ITU (International Telecommunication Union) based in Geneva, Switzerland (the Land of Clockmakers!). The report explicitly laments the IAU's failure to reach any sort of agreement regarding the implementation of "leap second" adjustments (or, as some institutions are now strongly recommending, the complete elimination of the same!) - so as to finally define the correct calibration of the UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).

It is a quite short PDF well-worth reading in its entirety :
"Discussions on the future UTC in the International Astronomical Union"
https://www.itu.int/dms_pub/itu-r/oth/0 ... 13PDFE.pdf

As you may well imagine, this is nothing less than a monumental issue which concerns humanity as a whole: if we cannot even agree about how to calibrate our clocks in relation to the Sun's secular motions, we can hardly keep claiming that we are a scientifically-advanced species.

Hence, in order to prevent humanity becoming the laughing stock of this universe (who knows, perhaps Martians or other remote civilizations will pay us a visit one day in the future?), I will henceforth humbly submit my personal recommendations to the IAU. As it happens, I personally met the current president of the IAU, Piero Benvenuti on March 21, 2018 (incidentally - or serendipitiously - the same day that I released my TYCHOS research!) - although he only allowed me a scant few "leap seconds" of his time (the account of this brief meeting can be found here).

FORMAL RECOMMENDATION TO THE IAU (the International Astronomical Union) by Simon Shack - 11/ 9, 2018

Failing to implement this recommendation will, in my honest opinion, be detrimental to all Earthlings.

I expect this recommendation to be ignored (for "as long as possible") - but future generations may be able to say that "Simon said so". -_-

To verify all of this for yourselves, please go to https://codepen.io/simonshack/pen/JavqPO?editors=0010
At top left of the screen, you can switch between "TYCHOS OPTIMAL" mode and "GREGORIAN" mode - to see the difference between my proposed, ideal year count of 365.220565 days - versus the current Gregorian year count of 365.24219 days.
simonshack
Administrator

Dear forum readers,

This thread could just as well be titled, more generally, "Diffusing the TYCHOS model".

Therefore, let me share here on this thread - and from now on - the various "problematics" that we encounter along the way, since I'm getting the feeling that it will turn out to be a most interesting "case study" as to the difficulties of diffusing & sharing a new and (literally) "revolutionary" discovery with this world's scientific community. I will hasten to say that I never thought this would be an easy enterprise - and am fully aware that diffusing the TYCHOS will be the Mother of uphill battles. Fortunately - and as you may know - I've grown rather "thick-skinned" over the years and have learned to take slammed doors and vapid dismissals with good humor. It is no exaggeration to say that modern-day science has become a cult-like, dogmatic religion - that is, for most people involved in this peculiar field of human endeavor (or "endeavour", if you're on my side of the pond).

Now, you should know that, at this moment in time, we are only three individuals (Patrik, Martin and yours truly - all of us from Sweden) who dedicate time and efforts diffusing the TYCHOS model - only with our blood sweat & tears, you could say, and on a near-zero budget (other than our own personal savings - which are very modest). Of course, I feel the need to specify such things - because rumors are already circulating as to what some critical thinkers may perceive as a "fishy & suspicious disinfo operation financed by the Powers That Be". It is not. Mind you, I don't blame them - given the truckloads of crap science and manufactured deceptions that the mainstream media AND internet exposes us to, on a daily basis. On top of that truckload is, of course, the NASA-funded "Flat Earth" disinfo operation which we have all seen unfolding in front of our very eyes in later years.

So let me make this very, very clear - once and for all: the TYCHOS solar system model is 100% my own personal scientific research performed for half a decade in my own house (with absolutely NO outside help or funding) - by the end of which I was fortunate enough to be invited to Sweden by Martin, who introduced me to Patrik. Patrik (i.e. our forum member "patrix") is currently my closest collaborator: his wondrous programming skills were EXACTLY what I was looking for - as I was dreaming of (a couple of years ago) to "digitally simulate / animate" the TYCHOS binary solar system, so as to fully demonstrate the geometric/dynamic soundness of the same. This has been a quite resounding success (beyond my wildest expectations) - as any astronomers can verify for themselves here:

The TYCHOSIUM (2D) : https://codepen.io/simonshack/pen/JavqPO?editors=0010

If you are not an astronomer, please know that the Tychosium 2D is currently the most accurate simulation ever devised of our so-called "inner" solar system - since it matches to a high level of precision the various motions / positions (as observed since ancient times) of the Sun, Mars, Venus, Mercury, Earth and our Moon. The equivalent Copernican planetariums, on the other hand, are afflicted by insuperable geometric problems - as illustrated and expounded in my book, "THE TYCHOS". My book may be a somewhat demanding read, but I firmly believe that it is the most "user-friendly" astronomy treatise EVER conceived - what with its many visual, explicative illustrations: it's a book which KIDS will love to read (and I have already received confirmation of this!).

But I digress (since this post of mine is about "Diffusing the TYCHOS").

For the last ten days or so, we had an ongoing Facebook discussion at the FB page of the GOTEBORG ASTRONOMICAL CLUB. This, because we (Patrik, Martin and I) are planning to present the TYCHOS at a conference in Gothenburg (Sweden) sometime in February next year. Many questions were asked about the TYCHOS - and I did my very best to respond to them all. Well, to make a long story short, today the administrator of that FB group simply deleted the ENTIRE DISCUSSION (totalling more than 60 posts) !

Here's what can be found now at that URL :

And here's the administrator/priest of the GOTEBORG ASTRONOMISKA KLUBB who "excommunicated" our discussion:

It truly is an uphill battle, folks... -_-
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

simonshack » November 19th, 2018, 2:35 pm wrote:
The TYCHOSIUM (2D) : https://codepen.io/simonshack/pen/JavqPO?editors=0010

If you are not an astronomer, please know that the Tychosium 2D is currently the most accurate simulation ever devised of our so-called "inner" solar system - since it matches to a high level of precision the various motions / positions (as observed since ancient times) of the Sun, Mars, Venus, Mercury, Earth and our Moon. The equivalent Copernican planetariums, on the other hand, are afflicted by insuperable geometric problems - as illustrated and expounded in my book, "THE TYCHOS". My book may be a somewhat demanding read, but I firmly believe that it is the most "user-friendly" astronomy treatise EVER conceived - what with its many visual, explicative illustrations: it's a book which KIDS will love to read (and I have already received confirmation of this!).

But I digress (since this post of mine is about "Diffusing the TYCHOS").

For the last ten days or so, we had an ongoing Facebook discussion at the FB page of the GOTEBORG ASTRONOMICAL CLUB. This, because we (Patrik, Martin and I) are planning to present the TYCHOS at a conference in Gothenburg (Sweden) sometime in February next year. Many questions were asked about the TYCHOS - and I did my very best to respond to them all.

Well, to make a long story short, today the administrator of that FB group simply deleted the ENTIRE DISCUSSION (totalling more than 60 posts) !

[note: font size and color changed by SCS here for added emphasis.]
Well, if that’s not downright alarming, I don’t quite know what to say! I suppose you (and we) may reasonably infer that said posts dinged the nerve centers of “propaganda maintenance” such that they felt compelled to do such a thing.

A hard “earned” invisible badge of honor for you my dear friend.

Uphill battle indeed.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Dear Simon, CF contributers and readers,

I just found something that I think well illustrates the journey we have in front of us because of Simon’s logically confirmable discoveries regarding the configuration of our solar system. Below is a podcast on a totally different subject - Cancer research. Thomas Seyfried is a researcher that's been going against the mainstream theories of cancer, and I believe (from my own research) that he's right on the money and an honest researcher. But fast forward to 2.30.00 and listen to how he examplifies his problems with having the field of medicine accepting his findings...

https://overcast.fm/+NmiQRPQew

(He uses the "good old" analogy about when Galileo tried to convince the Catholic priests about the correctness of the Copernican model)

Edit: A link to the podcast this is taken from (not having anything to do with astronomy though) https://peterattiamd.com/tomseyfried/
simonshack
Administrator

Dear Patrix,

Looks like the guys over at the Göteborg Astronomy Club do have a sense of humor ... :lol:

Here's an image posted by one Peter Juhlin-Taberdo - accompanied by this caption:

"Äntligen fick jag fångat denna satellit på bild, filmhastiget 68fps, kamera Zwo asi 178 (gain 185)"
"I finally captured this satellite on film, film speed 68fps, camera Zwo asi 178 (gain 185)"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Peter

Unread post by Peter »

Alas I'm not surprised about the useless government funded bodies, with their reliance on NASA and "satellites" and fear for their jobs.

Send it to the Electric Universe crowd. And to the astronomers (I forget names) who discovered that the red / blue shift (cosmic doppler effect) showed that the universe was not expanding. People like that.
simonshack
Administrator

Dear German friends, members & readers of Cluesforum,

I am delighted to announce the German version of my (2018) TYCHOS book - masterfully translated by my friend Wini Schäfer ! :)

The TYCHOS
Unser Geoaxiales Binärsystem
https://septclues.com/TYCHOS%20translat ... NAL_01.pdf (233 pages)

Your suggestions are very welcome as to which German astronomy institutions (or journals / websites/ blogs / etc.) one might send this PDF link to. Of course, I would be very happy if you did so yourself. Please feel free to do so, since I feel that this would not look as if I'm self-promoting my work - and perhaps increase the chances that people will be willing to read it. Thanks in advance for any help diffusing this fine German version of the TYCHOS book!
simonshack
Administrator

Dear all,

It is my pleasure to announce today February 5 (the day of my birthday, serendipitously enough!) that the TYCHOS has been cited in an article posted at the Vatican Observatory website. To be sure, this is the very first article mentioning my TYCHOS research to be published on a most 'official' (for lack of a better term) astronomy website! :)

"You Can’t See Atoms, so Why Can You See Stars?" - by Christopher Graney: https://www.vaticanobservatory.org/sacr ... see-stars/

The author of the article is none other than Christopher M. Graney, the public relations officer (and astronomy historian / adjunct scholar) of the Vatican Observatory Foundation - based in Arizona, USA - yet linked to the original Vatican Observatory headquartered at the papal summer residence in Castel Gandolfo (which just happens to be located less than 6 miles from my own house, in the hills overlooking Rome).
"The Vatican Observatory is one of the oldest active astronomical observatories in the world, with its roots going back to 1582 and the Gregorian reform of the calendar."
https://www.vaticanobservatory.org/
As it is, over the years I have read (and thoroughly enjoyed) a great many papers by the prolific astronomy writer / historian Dr. Graney, especially those concerned with Tycho Brahe's work and achievements - which he has always treated objectively (i.e. with due insight and open-mindedness). You may thus imagine my delight to see my TYCHOS research being cited on the VO website - even though it isn't exactly supportive of the same. In any event, I remain confident that the TYCHOS model is here to stay - and that it is only a matter of time before it gets seriously assessed, discussed and debated by this world's scientific community.