"Gunman kills seven, self in 7/7 Grand Rapids massacre"

This is the forum dedicated to all 'minor' local psyops - phony murders, kidnappings and whatnot. It has now become evident that the news media constantly feeds the public with entirely fake stories - in order to keep us in eternal fear of our next-door neighbours and fellow citizens.
nonhocapito

"Gunman kills seven, self in 7/7 Grand Rapids massacre"

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Not that we have to cover every little repetition or variation of this tired old script (depression - broken family - killing spree - killing self - people hugging each other in shock), but just to comment the little imagery I could find about this event (granted I didn't search much).
http://news.google.com/news/story?cf=i& ... 4yM&ict=ln

fat cop

same fat cop

same fat cop

one fat cop on the scene is usually enough :P
bostonterrierowner

Re: "Gunman kills seven, self in Michigan massacre"

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Judging by this "cop" looks he somehow escaped public spending cuts in this troubled state :)
guivre

Re: "Gunman kills seven, self in Michigan massacre"

Unread post by guivre »

Hmm. Unexpectedly, I found this:
Michigan shootings highlight power of smartphones, shortcomings of social media

A police standoff Thursday with a suspect in seven fatal shootings in Grand Rapids, Mich., shows how smartphone apps for police scanners are giving citizens a new mobile window on crime fighting.

By Christina Kim, Contributor / July 8, 2011

The man suspected of killing seven people, engaging police in a shootout in Grand Rapids, Mich., and a car chase had holed up in a house in Stephanie Sicard’s neighborhood.

He had hostages. He was demanding Gatorade.

Ms. Sicard, a college student, sat enthralled, listening on her iPhone to the 5-0 Radio Police Scanner application that was giving her pieces of information unavailable through mainstream media.

The tragedy Thursday in Grand Rapids shows how smartphone applications, many free or costing a few dollars, are giving citizens a mobile window on police crime fighting. It also highlights how social media such as Twitter, can be a first – and often poor – source of information.

As Sicard followed the events via police scanner on her mobile phone, she saw first-hand how raw, unverified information can lead to confusion.

“The [major media outlets] can’t report things that aren’t confirmed, but some people were giving out anything they heard [on scanners]” Sicard said. “There was a lot of misinformation."

A Twitter stream following the event had a number of people relaying information, attributed to police scanners, that later proved to be false.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/20 ... cial-media