LAX Fake Shooting of TSA Officer

This is the forum dedicated to all 'minor' local psyops - phony murders, kidnappings and whatnot. It has now become evident that the news media constantly feeds the public with entirely fake stories - in order to keep us in eternal fear of our next-door neighbours and fellow citizens.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Re: LAX Fake Shooting of TSA Officer

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

brianv wrote:Custard with Beetroot Dye - or I would not be writing this post! The fact that I can look at it and not faint, just like the Boston paint job, tells me it's not real. It actually looks like the "red" is "post production".
Can´t help it, but I see raspberry/rhubarb soup (or rote Grütze, as the Germans would say) :lol:
Lazlo

Unread post by Lazlo »

hoi.polloi wrote:
Even when an obvious hoax operation like the LAX shooting are planned it seems the officials and media still cannot get their initial stories straight!
It's useful for these PsyOps, to an extent, to have different viewers argue about different information.

When you try to tell someone that these things are hoaxes and you cite a piece of information that they can refute they get all smug because you got your "facts" wrong and therefore don't know what you are talking about.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Lazlo wrote:
hoi.polloi wrote:
Even when an obvious hoax operation like the LAX shooting are planned it seems the officials and media still cannot get their initial stories straight!
It's useful for these PsyOps, to an extent, to have different viewers argue about different information.

When you try to tell someone that these things are hoaxes and you cite a piece of information that they can refute they get all smug because you got your "facts" wrong and therefore don't know what you are talking about.
Yes, very astute!

It's as though people are constantly playing two "games" with the news.

1. One game is the where people start long discussions about the topics we are primed to discuss. These can come out of any part of the news of course, whether the news is known nonsense or believed hype or really true, as long as you keep bringing in more and more information that you believe to be true. Often times, citing other news to support or refute the first kind in order to guess at major trends in the world.

2. The other game is to shut down anyone that edges too close to hinting that the speaker excited about the news is full of shit or they are a gullible maroon. As you've said, Lazlo, if you refuse to play the "refute anecdotal propaganda with other anecdotal propaganda" game, you are clearly not armed with enough so-called "knowledge" and you should be dismissed outright for not being in touch with the present hype.

Probably, this same behavior could be observed if the news actually were responsible with their facts; people will play these games with (and upon) one another either way. It's just that when the news is not responsible with their facts and they create so much of the world's perception about everything, the usefulness of the first game is reduced. People stagnate. They cannot learn, get out of their cycle.

This whole LAX shooting thing is very much in line with the present memes we are all primed to discuss daily now:

Airplanes
Mad loners
Extremists
Guns
Gun control

It doesn't even matter what happens in the story. If a little baby suddenly tackled the shooter before he could do any harm, and then Bozo the Clown came and arrested the two of them, it would virtually be the same subject. We are at an airport, we should praise the security apparatus, there are crazy extremists who think outside of cultural norms, trying to destroy peace with their freedom to bear arms for no good reason.

Are there stories that will ever refute or question the television's unhealthy domination of our modern lives, are there stories which do a serious investigation into NASA spending, military spending, how politicians keep granting more and more money to bullshit and protecting the bloatedly rich, and so on and so forth?

No, we're probably going to have a hundred more mad loner shooters.

It isn't that people don't have good and different ideas. Strike up a conversation with your neighbor and they'll have a brilliant idea or two you never hear mention on TV, maybe even a useful idea. But we're so cowed into not believing in ourselves and to always look out to Hollywood to tell us what is success.
lux

Unread post by lux »

I don't try to convince brainwashed people that media stories are fake. I think that attempting that is like the proverbial pig singing lessons. It only ends up reinforcing their hypnotic state.

When people prattle on to me about some ridiculous news story as if it really happened I just ignore what they're saying and I don't even acknowledge them. It's a bit rude, I suppose, but I figure at least I'm not adding my agreement to their delusion.

I think the agreement factor is important to the hoax. People watch these news stories and then talk about them with others. They seem to be seeking agreement that this thing really happened and that they should feel a certain way about it, etc. The agreement with others feeds the hoax and keeps it alive.

But, if someone demonstrates a spark of awareness I might have a go at suggesting that something in the news seems hard to believe and see if this strikes a chord with them. You have to go very slowly though. Even bright people often have a hard time with this subject at first.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

When people prattle on to me about some ridiculous news story as if it really happened I just ignore what they're saying and I don't even acknowledge them. It's a bit rude, I suppose, but I figure at least I'm not adding my agreement to their delusion.
Exactly my strategy for dealing with the same, and I've been told I'm rude, because I don't want to listen to their shit.
JLapage

Unread post by JLapage »

But, if someone demonstrates a spark of awareness I might have a go at suggesting that something in the news seems hard to believe and see if this strikes a chord with them. You have to go very slowly though. Even bright people often have a hard time with this subject at first.
A colleague of mine happened to be at the LAX on the day of the alleged shooting. I mentioned to him that it was a fake event. When he arrived at LAX his plane had to stay for 45 min on the tarmac before the passengers were let out. He said that the LAX was completely shut down to traffic and that he had to walk for a very long time to reach outside of the 'secured' perimeter to find a taxi so he could reach his destination. I told him that it was a fake event nonetheless. He recounted the news story line of the so called shooting. I asked him if he were a witness of the alleged shooting he said no. I stopped trying to explain anything further.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

I don't doubt that there are actually real people who are witnesses to these events and believe that they really happened. I think that's a key part of the psyop, to have a number of real people see something happen with their own eyes. But this is just street performance and there's no way most people will question their own senses. For example, TNT ran a few of these ads of street performances:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=316AzLYfAzw

If the TNT banner never falls at the end of the video, you would have dozens of people claiming "It happened, I was there and I saw it with my own eyes, it was real." The only thing that tips them off is that the banner falls at the end and the trick is "revealed" so to speak. It speaks volumes about how humans process information. I believe the Boston Bombing is a good example of something that may have happened in the real world, but it's just a giant magic trick and most people are too pumped with fear to think critically about what they saw with their own eyes.

If the perps ever figure out a way to project holographic spaceships above major cities, how many people do you think would question if what they are seeing is reality or perhaps something else?

"I saw it with my own eyes" is an extremely effective way to keep these psyops from being exposed, imo.