REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read
hoi.polloi

Re: REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

There. I deleted the offending post and left an ADMIN message. Much better solution, in my opinion.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

hoi.polloi wrote:There. I deleted the offending post and left an ADMIN message. Much better solution, in my opinion.
Yes!
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

The Acronym D-E-W was "censored" for one reason only: like brianv suggested, it seemed one of those things that can be easily picked up by google and associated with this website, despite our efforts to separate ourselves from the idea.

The replacement was not meant to censor the concept at all (considering that the words "direct energy weapons" were not censored), but simply to prevent google from associating too easily cluesforum with a concept and idea that is manipulative, and -- what's worse-- as a consequence helping involuntarily to associate the whole 9/11 story with it.

Considering that an hypothetical user tomorrow could use the acronym inadvertently, the wordfilter also acted as an automatic warning: while the deletion of entire posts can be a loss if the original intentions were not of trolling.

In any case it was entirely about google: not about some weird form of preventive censorship.

I removed the filter. But I didn't think it was a big deal to stop one acronym since it barely affected a handful of trolling posts, while one can always work his way around it to express the concept. But at least this enforced some variety in that regard, hopefully preventing cluesforum from participating too automatically in the promotion of the idea over google.
It seemed a worthy (and tiny) experiment, at least in the perspective of relieving the moderators of the Pavlovian responses required by such annoying intermissions.
hoi.polloi

I agree with the usefulness of the experiment and thank you for doing it.

At this point, I feel the more traffic gets here the better. Our words are strong and our stances useful - even powerful. While I hate the sudden appearance of non-serious researchers or outright trolls, it comes with the traffic of the Internet. We can take em! We're still here!
Vandalf

Unread post by Vandalf »

[ADMIN WARNING: Vandalf has not been vetted by the admins and given their introduction reiterating the media term "7/22/11 blast" and "7/22/11 tragedy" like an automaton, they are most likely working for the media-government collusion effort. -hp]

So I'm asked to introduce myself;

Hi, I'm Vandalf!

I'm here because I lost a friend in the 7/22/11-blast in Oslo, and i thought maybe some of you would find it interesting that people actually died that day, that people still mourn over their lost ones. I'm in the mid thirties, male, married and have 2 kids. I like metal music, have a great job and pretty much think that the world is going straight to hell as we speak, and eventually, that many writers here really need to get their facts straight about 7/22/11-tragedy.
sydney666

Unread post by sydney666 »

Anders Toft

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=526376878 my facebook link :)

From Hvidovre, suburb to Copenhagen, - Denmark

Has done tons of researching about the 9/11 hoax earlier, but didnt know about this great forum untill a few days after 22/7-11, where i stumbled on it after being a little suspicius about the utøya event.

Im not that good at writing in english, so i have only posted 1 thing in the beginning of the utøya thread. I check this forum dayli, to see if any other things has come up. But for now im just reading along with you.

at the first days after 22/7 i searched for the visims names on facebook, google, twitter etc, and thought i was doing a good job, but compared to most of you it wasnt even mentionable..
A lot in this forum do a great job, and now i just wanted to present myself to hopefully soon beginning to contribute to the hard work it is to bust those in charge of this scam, and especially the 9/11 scam. If not the same people :)

Good luck and chase everyone.
Laura91

Unread post by Laura91 »

Hi!!

I'm Laura and I'm from the US.

I have been browsing this forum for quite some time. At first, I wasn't so sure of the idea of "TV fakery". During the course of browsing this forum and videos on this subject I began to notice things that I hadn't noticed before. A lot of people don't like to think that the media would lie to them and they believe that the politicians have your best interest at heart.

I think people just enjoy living in a media induced bubble.
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

Laura91 wrote:I think people just enjoy living in a media induced bubble.
Hi! What made you state it in just that way? You see, I just made a post about a children's cartoon, where the main characters move to Bubble Town, and I was wondering what that might signify (without me actually having to watch more than the ten minutes that I did watch).

You don't have to answer; just saying that you've made a (likely?) connection for me.

(see my post: http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p2362410)

(eta 11-28-11):
I just realized
-- looking at the so-called moon landings
-- seeing that we can't seem to get too far out from our own planet,
that we actually do live in an Earth Bubble!
Last edited by HonestlyNow on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laura91

Unread post by Laura91 »

HonestlyNow wrote:
Hi! What made you state it in just that way? You see, I just made a post about a children's cartoon, where the main characters move to Bubble Town, and I was wondering what that might signify (without me actually having to watch more than the ten minutes that I did watch).

You don't have to answer; just saying that you've made a (likely?) connection for me.

(see my post:
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p2362410)
Well, ever since I was a teenager I've always viewed people in this manner. People just seem to enjoy being in a bubble of naivete and distractions. Don't get me wrong, I have my hobbies and things that I enjoy just as much as anyone else. I just think that people should THINK from time to time rather than being weird, consumerist zombies with their heads in the clouds.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Laura91 wrote:
HonestlyNow wrote:

(see my post:
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p2362410)
Well, ever since I was a teenager I've always viewed people in this manner. People just seem to enjoy being in a bubble of naivete and distractions. Don't get me wrong, I have my hobbies and things that I enjoy just as much as anyone else. I just think that people should THINK from time to time rather than being weird, consumerist zombies with their heads in the clouds.
quote brianv "Gimmicks to keep mindless consumerists buying useless crap!"

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p2362349

Are you one of these new cleverbots that are being tested on this board?
Laura91

Unread post by Laura91 »

brianv wrote:
Are you one of these new cleverbots that are being tested on this board?

Nope. I have no idea what a cleverbot is.
hoi.polloi

We don't either, but it can't hurt to ask these days. Robots are all the rage in cyber information disruption technology. Haha!

Actually, what's the 91 in your name for if you don't mind me asking?
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Welcome, Laura91.

I think you need a welcome at this point - lest registering here might seem too much of a drag. :)
Laura91

Unread post by Laura91 »

The 91 is in reference to the year 1991 when I got into Death Metal music for the first time. I don't listen to it as much as I did back in the day (nowadays I'm much more into Harsh Noise stuff...but I like to mix in other styles of music as well.)

Thanks for the welcome, Simon. :)
geocalyx

Unread post by geocalyx »

So hi, my name is Jan and I'm from Slovenia. I found this forum in mid-summer this year and I'm only now registering because well...there's a Yugoslavia topic to which I can contribute to, and maybe there will be other such topics in the future? Who knows.

As for evidence that I'm a real person...uh...will this do? It's in Slovenian and about plants, but what the hay I suppose. (If you google my full name, you'll also find a female tennis player and...my previous internet life as a Sonic the Hedgehog fan, so good luck with that. No FB accounts, no twitters, no photo, no nothing. I suppose you'll just have to trust me. >_>)