Global Oil Infrastructure

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
reichstag fireman

Re: Global Oil Infrastructure

Unread post by reichstag fireman » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:34 am

whatsgoingon wrote:My name is Bryan...I work on anthrax...It should be easy enough for you to figure out who I am if you have any sense at all.
You post heaps of lies on behalf of the Oil Industry but no verifiable information about yourself. That's why I ask about your background and your relationship to Big Oil and Peak Oil propagandists like Jonathan Callaghan, Praveen Ghanta and the legendary 9/11 lie-machine, Mike Ruppert.

You say that others have confirmed your identity, so please let me do the same. You're at Berkeley, "working on anthrax research". A little bit more info then. It's not as if you have any privacy, if any fool can "figure out who I am."

In the nine months since joining this forum you have posted just one academic reference to anthrax - your supposed area of research. Yet that paper, ostensibly, has nothing to do with you. It was authored not by a "Bryan" but by a James G. Bann of Wichita State University, Kansas. Do have published research of your own? May I have a reference to it, please, and contact details at Berkeley so that I can corroborate your claims. Thanks in advance.

Perhaps, once we've established your bonafide credentials, we can move on to examine the science behind the Peak Oil theory (or lack of). And then we can question why a seemingly competent biochemist as yourself would promote such blatant scientific frauds.

whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:43 am

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 pm

I find the biotic oil theory to be the more logical one. The Deep Water Horizon was constructed with the capability of operating in waters 8,000 feet deep and drilling to depths of 30,000 feet. So, the first questions that springs to my mind is: where did all this terra firma and water that is covering and compressing the former plants and dinosaur carcasses come from? That's quite a few layers (miles) of earth that are now covering what must have at one time been the surface, how did it get here? Disclaimer: I have zero knowledge of geology, which may be obvious to geologists out there simply by the nature of the question.

In any event, whether or not the oil is organic, may likely be immaterial if it it is being consumed at a faster rate than it can be replenished. Still, I would not be surprised if I found out the whole game was a racket based on artificial scarcity, like diamonds.

whatsgoingon

Unread post by whatsgoingon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:36 pm

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:46 pm

whatsgoingon wrote:
Farcevalue wrote:I find the biotic oil theory to be the more logical one. The Deep Water Horizon was constructed with the capability of operating in waters 8,000 feet deep and drilling to depths of 30,000 feet. So, the first questions that springs to my mind is: where did all this terra firma and water that is covering and compressing the former plants and dinosaur carcasses come from? That's quite a few layers (miles) of earth that are now covering what must have at one time been the surface, how did it get here? Disclaimer: I have zero knowledge of geology, which may be obvious to geologists out there simply by the nature of the question.

In any event, whether or not the oil is organic, may likely be immaterial if it it is being consumed at a faster rate than it can be replenished. Still, I would not be surprised if I found out the whole game was a racket based on artificial scarcity, like diamonds.
I am not a geologist of course, but like arguments concerning evolution, it is hard for our monkey brains to imagine geologic time. We cannot imagine the timescale of evolution either.

One process to consider is that the oceans are giant solar panels, where the top surface of water is filled with microscopic critters that harvest light and make organics. Eventually they die and the material settles to the sea floor. Over time other critters settle out on top and so on and so on. Stuff gets buried.

Imagine 30,000 ft x 12 inches / 200,000,000 years = only 0.0018 inch of sediment per year.

Like I said it is hard to imagine this scale.

I do not exclude the idea of the earth cycling organics deep inside, but the oil must be collected in reservoirs else it goes to the surface and is eaten as food by bacteria more or less.

Oil may be like diamonds. I think most commodities are tightly controlled but we cannot prove that point. Today oil on the New York Mercantile rose $7.27 in one day http://www.marketwatch.com/story/oil-en ... =countdown. The EU will restructure etc. Yeah right.

Whatsgoingon.
It's not the time factor that I question, but the influx of material. Under the scenario you outlined above the planet would have a diameter of less than 60,000 feet of what it is currently. Would the assumption be that the materials are coming from asteroids or similar bombardment of dust or sediment? I understand that the nature of elements could change imperceptibly over time, like the gently sloping mountain ranges that are assumed to be older that the craggy ones, but 60,000 feet of material seems to be an awful lot for what I (in my limited knowledge) regard generally as a closed system.

If the "stuff gets buried" assessment is accurate, then the planet is actually expanding in size, which should produce more surface area to accommodate more crops, fresh water, etc. So, contrary to what we always hear the world is NOT getting smaller....

whatsgoingon

Unread post by whatsgoingon » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:43 pm

reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:34 am

Think of some large oil fields and their proximity to bodies of water, river deltas, etc.,
Think of most large oil fields and note their proximity to geological fault zones.
Abbas (2000) wrote:
The major oil fields of the world are concentrated on or near belts of major tectonic activity or in fact along fault zones.
  • Some of the phenomenal Arabian fields, the world’s largest petroleum province, lie along the Persian Zagros Mt. belt.
  • The large North Sea reserves that have made much of Northern Europe self sufficient in oil production lie along the North Sea trench.
  • The oil fields of Indonesia and Burma closely follow the seismic belt running from New Guinea to Burma
  • The oil fields of Gujarat appear to be associated with the Cambay fault.
  • Hydrocarbons are found in the Red Sea Rift Valley, the East African rift and the eastern branch of the Pacific Rift.
These and many other examples that exist should illustrate the association of hydrocarbons with large deep-seated cracks in the Earth’s crust rather than any local sediments.

[1]
Kutcherov & Krayushkin (2008) wrote:
In the theory of the abyssal abiogenic origin of petroleum the generation of petroleum accumulations occurs in four steps as follows:
  • hydrocarbon fluids are generated in the upper mantle;
  • when overlying rocks in the crust fracture, petroliferous fluids rise from the mantle through the deep faults and their fissures;
  • the tremendous pressure injects the petroliferous fluids from the faults into porous (sedimentary) rocks or fractured (basement rocks) pore space; and
  • the petroliferous fluids flood the reservoir.
[2]
Glasby (2005) wrote:
Examples of deep faults bordering platform grabens include the Limage graben in France, the Baykal and Barguzin grabens in Siberia, the Dnieper-Donets graben in the Ukraine, the Rhine graben in West Germany, the Suez in Egypt, the Dead Sea in Jordan, the Reconcavo in Brazil, the Fusin in China and many others.

According to Porfir'ev (1974), the genetic connection of gas and oil deposits with the deep fault zones is so clear and well known that documentation was not required!
The role of outgassing of hydrocarbons from the mantle along deep faults was also emphasized by Kropotkin and Valyaev (1984) and Kropotkin (1985).
Gold and Soter (1980)..showed the correlation between major oil and gas regions and areas of present and past seismicity. It was apparent that many of the known hydrocarbon reservoirs, including those in Alaska, Texas, the Caribbean, Mexico, Venezuela, the Persian Gulf, the Urals, Siberia, and Southeast Asia, lie on deformation belts.

This association of oil and gas fields with earthquake-prone regions suggested that deep faults may play a role in the continuous migration of methane and other gases to the Earth's surface and therefore in the generation of these oil and gas fields.

[3]

--------------------------------------

[1] http://cdsweb.cern.ch/record/360632/files/9610011.pdf
[2] http://pdfcast.org/pdf/deep-seated-abio ... cal-theory
[3] http://dco.gl.ciw.edu/sites/dco.gl.ciw. ... 202006.pdf
Last edited by reichstag fireman on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

diagonal2

Unread post by diagonal2 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:41 am

whatsgoingon wrote: Element Approximate
% by weight
Oxygen 46.6
Silicon 27.7
Aluminum 8.1
Iron 5.0
Calcium 3.6
Sodium 2.8
Potassium 2.6
Magnesium 2.1
All others 1.5

So how much Carbon is in the earth: 0.03 %
Can I ask where you got those numbers? Also, Aluminum contents in soil has increased exponentially due to Geo-engineering (more popularly coined "chem-trails"); plant life is dying out because the Ph of the soil is becoming too acidic. Many small time farmers are going out of business: http://www.holmestead.ca/chemtrails/soiltest.html

reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:00 am

diagonal2 wrote:
chem-trails
Oh dear. Another thread derailment in progress!

P.S. measurements of the earth's elemental composition were misappropriated by whatsgoingon to support the shaky Fossil Fuel theory. What he quoted was the elemental composition of the Crust. Whereas we are interested only in the elements of the Mantle, since that is where hydrocarbons originate.

Just as whatsgoingon said earlier: there's been no Jules Verne Journey to the Centre of the Earth. So no one could possibly have measured the composition of the Mantle.

However, according to WonkyPedia, the isotypes Hydrogen-1 and Carbon-12 account, by mass, for over 70% of all the matter in the Solar System.

Although quite how anyone could measure the contents of the entire solar system (when no vehicle has ever reached an altitude beyond 55 miles) remains a secret that the WonkyPedos are yet to share :lol: The magic of WonkyPedia, eh?!

Next they'll be telling us that vast oil and gas deposits have been found on the moon. Oh God.. hang on.... BREAKING NEWS!
Last edited by reichstag fireman on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:56 am, edited 7 times in total.

diagonal2

Unread post by diagonal2 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:24 am

reichstag fireman wrote: Quite how anyone could measure the contents of solar system (when no vehicle has ever reached an altitude beyond 55 miles) remains a secret that the WonkyPedos are yet to share :lol: The magic of WonkyPedia, eh?!
Baseless assumptions indeed.

whatsgoingon

Unread post by whatsgoingon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:43 am

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

whatsgoingon

Unread post by whatsgoingon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:35 pm

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

whatsgoingon

Unread post by whatsgoingon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:52 pm

reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:06 am

Shameless plug by whatsgoingon for the 9/11 Hoaxster, Mike Ruppert.
$ whois fromthewilderness.com

From The Wilderness Publications
P.O. Box 6061-350
Sherman Oaks, California 91413
United States

Domain Name: FROMTHEWILDERNESS.COM
Created on: 30-Jun-99
Expires on: 30-Jun-16
Last Updated on: 31-May-11

Administrative Contact:
Ruppert, Michael admin@copvcia.com
From The Wilderness Publications
P.O. Box 6061-350
Sherman Oaks, California 91413
United States
whatsgoingon... your credibility just went thaddaway! ------------------------------>

P.S. I got skewered by Ruppert's gangsters a few years back.

whatsgoingon

Unread post by whatsgoingon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:46 am

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.