The Cold War Hoax

Global War deceptions & mass manipulation, fear-mongering terror schemes and propaganda in the Age of the Bomb
kickstones

Re: The Cold War Hoax

Unread post by kickstones »

Michiganj, thanks for taking the time and effort in acquiring and putting this full version up, I was of little hope that we get to see this version, but like you say it exceeds expectations and was well worth the wait.
heniek1812

Unread post by heniek1812 »

Thanks a lot michiganj for making this available to us.

I look forward to watch it tonight !!!!
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Thank you Michiganj! The first thing I did when I saw this was download the video but I haven't had time to watch it yet.

Edit: Watched it yesterday. Wow. Just wow.

I've put it on archive.org and I recommend to watch it/download from there to save bandwidth on Cluesforum:

https://archive.org/details/newsbenders

Some gems (non verbatim from the back of my head):
“News is the highest form of fiction”
“Do you really think there are satellites and rockets flying over your head?”
“We’re sketching out the news for 1973 (in 1968) and plan a joint American-Russian moon expedition. Here’s a model of a Moon Lander.
“Oh so you are worried about intercontinental ballistic missiles? Here’s the model we used to fake them”
michiganj

Unread post by michiganj »

patrix wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:06 am Thank you Michiganj! The first thing I did when I saw this was download the video but I haven't had time to watch it yet.

Edit: Watched it yesterday. Wow. Just wow.

I've put it on archive.org and I recommend to watch it/download from there to save bandwidth on Cluesforum:

https://archive.org/details/newsbenders

Some gems (non verbatim from the back of my head):
“News is the highest form of fiction”
“Do you really think there are satellites and rockets flying over your head?”
“We’re sketching out the news for 1973 (in 1968) and plan a joint American-Russian moon expedition. Here’s a model of a Moon Lander.
“Oh so you are worried about intercontinental ballistic missiles? Here’s the model we used to fake them”
Right. right .right. I love me some Desmond Lowden writing. He touches on everything from satellites to nuclear warheads to LSD social programming to global media control. What's not to love? Not to worry on the bandwidth. SCS has set us up with unlimited bandwidth and storage. GOOD TO GO!
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

michiganj wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:17 am Right. right .right. I love me some Desmond Lowden writing. He touches on everything from satellites to nuclear warheads to LSD social programming to global media control. What's not to love? Not to worry on the bandwidth. SCS has set us up with unlimited bandwidth and storage. GOOD TO GO!
I had never heard of him, but maybe I have a new favorite writer :-) He's written a few books, anyone you particularly reccomend MJ?

https://www.biblio.com/desmond-lowden/author/18232
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

michiganj wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:36 am Finally! After a ridiculously long wait I managed to get The News-Benders. Turns out to be nothing what I was expecting. It's even better!

I vote to make Desmond Lowden an honorary member of CluesForum.

Enjoy!

You start on Monday
Holy cow !

These HAVE to be the most informative 28 minutes aired on TV in the entire history of the BBC !!! ^_^

PARDON THE ALL CAPS, BUT I SUGGEST EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH AND DIFFUSE "NEWS-BENDERS" FAR AND WIDE !

I dare say that these 28 minutes will be the most well-spent half hour of your lives - and equivalent to at least one year spent browsing around Cluesforum...

What a spectacular find, dear michiganj - thank you so very much ! :)
michiganj

simonshack wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 am What a spectacular find, dear michiganj - thank you so very much ! :)
Thank you Simon but all credit goes to kickstones for the discovery. viewtopic.php?p=2412987#p2412987
michiganj

patrix wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:37 am
michiganj wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:17 am Right. right .right. I love me some Desmond Lowden writing. He touches on everything from satellites to nuclear warheads to LSD social programming to global media control. What's not to love? Not to worry on the bandwidth. SCS has set us up with unlimited bandwidth and storage. GOOD TO GO!
I had never heard of him, but maybe I have a new favorite writer :-) He's written a few books, anyone you particularly reccomend MJ?

https://www.biblio.com/desmond-lowden/author/18232
This is the first I've heard of him as well. Will definitely check out his other works. Might even contact his agent http://theagency.co.uk/the-clients/desmond-lowden/ just to ask what was the inspiration to write such a story back then.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

simonshack wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 am
michiganj wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:36 am Finally! After a ridiculously long wait I managed to get The News-Benders. Turns out to be nothing what I was expecting. It's even better!

Enjoy!

You start on Monday
Holy cow !

These HAVE to be the most informative 28 minutes aired on TV in the entire history of the BBC !!! ^_^

PARDON THE ALL CAPS, BUT I SUGGEST EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH AND DIFFUSE "NEWS-BENDERS" FAR AND WIDE !

I dare say that these 28 minutes will be the most well-spent half hour of your lives - and equivalent to at least one year spent browsing around Cluesforum...

Simon,

I just finished watching this incredible gem of an episode. It exceeded my wildest expectations—and that almost never happens these days.

Perhaps we should consider (somehow) incorporating this in the top tier of things to become familiar with for new members. It just may be the most jam-packed 28 minutes of giveaways that I’ve ever come across. It’s that good.

Mild Disclaimer: There are of course a couple of bits of misdirection and disinformation included here (namely, the suggestion that the A-Bomb was real, and then the sensational explosive transmitter device as a means of coercion), but that’s to be expected. That said, I am almost shocked at just how far they were allowed to go with this one on the BBC.

My guess is that the notion of pre-packaged “news” would have been almost universally incomprehensible in 1968—which, funny enough, the characters in this episode briefly discuss. I would venture to say that this is still the case today for probably 99% of the population. But maybe that number is slowly falling? Who knows . . .
simonshack
Administrator

michiganj wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:46 pm
simonshack wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 am What a spectacular find, dear michiganj - thank you so very much ! :)
Thank you Simon but all credit goes to kickstones for the discovery. viewtopic.php?p=2412987#p2412987
Ah, many thanks dear kickstones !

Here's my favorite moment of the "screenplay comedy"... -_-

Scene from "THE NEWS-BENDERS" (1968) :

The "News-Benders" is truly an absolute must-watch : https://archive.org/details/newsbenders
kickstones

Unread post by kickstones »

Pentagon To Pursue "Very Aggressive" Expansion Of Hypersonic Weapons Testing
Tue, 01/28/2020 - 22:35
https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/pe ... ns-testing

Straight from "The News-Benders" script.....

Over the past couple of years Putin and the Russian Defense Ministry have greatly hyped their hypersonic weapons program, even semi-frequently releasing images and videos of hypersonic missiles prototypes in action. China too has over the past months touted that it's testing hypersonic surface-to-surface missiles which US officials fear could significantly shift the balance of power in the Pacific region.

And now the Pentagon has announced its own classified hypersonics program will undergo a “very aggressive” expansion over the course of the next year.

Citing defense officials in a new report, Bloomberg reports this includes plans for at least "four initial flight tests of prototypes for glide bombs that can fly five times the speed of sound and maneuver en route," and further extra funding and research under the newly established Hypersonics Transition Office.

An official statements last Friday Defense Secretary Mark Esper appeared to peripherally reference the program while previewing that the next Pentagon budget proposal will be aimed at drastically increasing funding for experimental and cutting edge defense technology, surpassing the already bloated current 5-year $5 billion budget. He referenced a developing “great-power competition” with China.

“We have significantly ramped up flight testing and other experimentation so that we can accelerate the delivery of this capability — in all its forms — to our warfighters years earlier than previously planned,” Esper said.

Among the few specifics that Bloomberg was able to glean from top officials, include the following plans:

Frequent testing efforts: Mike White, the Defense Department’s assistant director for hypersonics, said “We have plans to fly prototypes for land-, sea- and air-launched concepts being developed across our portfolio.”
The Navy, Army and Air Force, along with the Pentagon's special advanced research agency, are all developing hypersonics.
Lockheed Martin and Raytheon are deeply involved as the prime contractors.
The Army is working on a “Long-Range Hypersonic Weapon”.
Schools like Purdue, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and the University of Minnesota are set to receive major Congressional funding grants to pursue research into hypersonics
cooler1021

Unread post by cooler1021 »

Enjoy!

You start on Monday
Dear michiganj,

I liked this screenplay a lot, thanks for putting in the effort to obtain it! I have taken the freedom to upscale the video a little, but more importantly I wrote subtitles for it. It took me some time but I finished it and I have sent the video to Simon for him to upload it to his Youtube channel. Hope that helps :). Special thanks to hoi for helping me decipher a few sentences that were hard to grasp.
simonshack
Administrator

cooler1021 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:04 am
Dear michiganj,

I liked this screenplay a lot, thanks for putting in the effort to obtain it! I have taken the freedom to upscale the video a little, but more importantly I wrote subtitles for it. It took me some time but I finished it and I have sent the video to Simon for him to upload it to his Youtube channel. Hope that helps :). Special thanks to hoi for helping me decipher a few sentences that were hard to grasp.
Dear Cooler,

You did a great job with the subtitles - and also with the color-enhancing of the video, well done brother !

I've just uploaded the subtitled NEWS BENDERS episode (a must-watch for everyone!) on my Youtube channel, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuOWtiNIL_Y
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

simonshack wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:16 am Holy cow !

It IS an amazing video. Thanks to everyone for finding this one out.

from http://apostrophebooks.com/writers/desmond-lowden/

My two cents: I think "Desmond Lowden" doesn't exist. He's a product of some agency (is this his managing organization?). Like the similar sounding "Edward Snowden" (Downed Wardens). Who knows how many media writers and creators are just coverup names for alphabet agency produced content? How many writers of "Black Mirror" today actually exist? (I mention Black Mirror because Black Mirror "Bandersnatch" share the same title of one of Desmond Lowden's novels - Though perhaps the similarities end there, even if this particular episode of "Thirty Minute theatre" does remind one of a Black Mirror Episode.)

I wonder why "Desmond Lowden" (Downed Dolmens) doesn't have a Wikipedia page.
panertos

Unread post by panertos »

In my opinion, the Cold War is one of the centerpieces of modern history.

I write from my own perspective, drawing from the things I read and how I understand them.

Introduction
The evolution of mass media led to the eruption of propaganda. It became clear that whoever controlled the media, controlled society.

WW1 was the first mass propaganda war. Before this war, soldiers were mostly for hire. Mass media offered new tools to expand power for the elite. It convinced 700,000 English boys to voluntarily, like lemmings, throw themselves into muddy Belgian trenches to kill their brother men and kill themselves defending the interests of the English elite.

This is unheard of: no personal interest, just mass media instilling new beliefs. I believe most people, outside of the elite, completely misconceive the power of propaganda. It's kryptonite for those in or desiring power.

Propaganda and the Rise of Nazi Germany
The Nazi movement showed that power could also be harnessed by those opposing the European elites. If Hitler demonstrated one thing, it was that only 20 years after the WW1 horrors, he could propagandize the masses into another large-scale conflict.

After WW2, it became clear that the only way for the elites in individual nations to survive was to collaborate. Closely. A grand global spectacle the world had never seen before. A show where the elites were the heroes.

Batman essentially, Bruce Wayne the troubled son of the a billionaire, who doesn't like the power, but just wants to do good.

This new cooperation had to be international, safeguarding the international financial elite.

WW1 and then WW2 led to a more organized cooperation among elites. Marriages between monarchies and rich families were not new, but this was the first time the elites were so closely knit.

It's like a scene from a Godfather movie, where everyone in power sits at the table.

The formidable enemy, Germany, united the Russian, English, French, Jewish, and American elites.

This new international world needed a new narrative. The enemy is dead. Who is the villain now? God is dead. Who is the savior now?

In this new Godless society, a new devil was needed, a new savior was needed, a new dream was needed, a new hope was needed.

In the end, those in power are, above all, masters of propaganda. They remain in power because they've mastered it.

What is the Cold War?
I think it's an invention of the joint elites, a global spectacle. It consists of several elements that can't be separated:
  • A "mega"-weapon, the nuclear bomb, capable of ending the world.
  • An "enemy" without actual war; real conflict is risky. The Cold War is an agreement between the elites, which ultimately increased the power of both the USSR and the US.
  • Hope, symbolized by space exploration and the moon landing.
  • The Holocaust narrative, ensuring no opposing power could rise again without being labeled a threat.
  • Living in lies leads to stress and anxiety, which the sexual revolution helped release.
The narrative had to have elements of "meaning", something to live for, a release of stress, and an "imaginary" enemy.

For a long time, I considered such theories extreme. But remembering how the English elite motivated 700,000 boys to die in muddy trenches with propaganda, I'm reminded of its power.

In some ways, this form of propaganda might be seen as a lesser evil compared to that of WW1. Fewer lives were lost, and it led to an unchallenged elite, greater stability, and prosperity. There's a certain payoff to this international system of deception, which I find intriguing.

But still, it's all a bunch of lies.

There are no nukes, no satellites, no space shuttles, no moon landing, and no nuclear race. It's all just a story to keep us calm.

Like parents telling their kids about the Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus, this is a story for adults, with daily news updates.

I think nothing has changed. Ukraine is just the same recycled narrative. But perhaps many prefer the comforting tales of Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

Because what is life if all this was a lie?