THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
lux

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by lux »

^ I think there is some truth to it but not nearly as much as the scientific community claims. For example, I don't believe that all forms of life evolved from single cell organisms or that any species evolved from any completely different species such as dinosaurs (whatever they may have been) into birds, etc.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

lux wrote:^ I think there is some truth to it but not nearly as much as the scientific community claims. For example, I don't believe that all forms of life evolved from single cell organisms or that any species evolved from any completely different species such as dinosaurs (whatever they may have been) into birds, etc.
I think evolution is more real, trustworthy, and 'true' at the micro level than at the macro level, which can't be explained by evolution.

Micro > changes over time in birds' beaks based on types of berries/food available.

Macro > 1 - creation of matter and the world (production of first matter from a void/vacuum [evolution is matter changing its form over time]);

2 - Lux's examples (humans did not originate from single-celled amoebas);

3 - necessary physical constants of the universe (earth's atmosphere supporting life); and

4 - irreducible complexity (no, a room of monkeys typing could NOT produce Shakespeare no matter how many attempts, etc.).
I, Gestalta

Unread post by I, Gestalta »

Even whilst having once been a decade-long atheist/agnostic, I was never satisfied with the concept of the theory of evolution. Rather, I was willing to accept that species were capable of developing and sharing new traits, but not to the extent of generating unique phenotypes. I do find it interesting, though, just how well the concept of atheism has been rhetorically interwoven and connected with evolution. Without getting into the Lunar Society/Hellfire Club/Royal Society, it's not that difficult to see that there is a serious campaign banking on the success of the acceptance of these idea(l)s.

I have always had a tendency to shy away from what is being swallowed en masse by the public---this characteristic of mine being the likely catalyst for my taste in heavily technical music (Animals as Leaders, Blotted Science, Maurice Ravel, Messiaen, Holdsworth, Pat Martino, etc), film and literature. (Sorry for the name-drops, I'm just a music nerd).

My biggest issue with evolution, growing up, however, was the dinosaur----->bird correlation. I'm sorry, but that is quite a silly interpretation of observable fact. I can understand this position if the only education you have is the film, "Jurassic Park", though.
arc300

Unread post by arc300 »

Re: evolution, I recommend The Facts of Life, by Richard Milton as an easy-reading and entertaining look at the topic. He raises many interesting questions, like: (my paraphrasing from the top of my head)

Evolution increases the chance of leaving viable offspring and therefore increases the chance of survival of a species AND:
evolutionary changes result in increased complexity of an organism BUT:
it is the least complex single-celled organisms who have by far the greatest chance of survival, in part because they can thrive in almost any environment, SO:
not only is there no environmental pressure for said organisms to evolve, but doing so would actually decrease the chance of survival.

He also asks where all the fossils of short-necked giraffes have gone. Because evolution by random genetic mutation is a painfully slow, incremental process, the number of no-neck, short-neck and medium neck giraffes who have ever lived must almost infinitely outnumber the number of 'normal' giraffes who have ever lived, and therefore we should quite literally be tripping over the bones of short-necked giraffes every time we go out the door.

To me, though, the biggest problem I have is the way that complete nonsense (by evolutionists' own standards) is daily spouted in the MEDIA, yet evolutionists never complain about it or try to correct it.

For (a hypothetical) example, despite the 'fact' evolution is nothing but blind luck, nature shows are full of claims like, "The duck responded to its increasingly watery environment by growing webbed feet."

First, "the [organism] responded by..." implies intelligent design, something evolutionists abhor.
Second, the accepted theory of evolution states that, first, one duck on dry land was born with a random genetic mutation resulting in webbed feet and he was able to pass this trait on to other members of his species and, despite webbed feet on dry land possibly lowering their chance of survival, their distant offspring were finally able to thank their lucky stars for being lumbered with these bloody webbed feet when the rains DID come and they were able to survive and produce viable offspring.

Another example: The newspaper ran a story a while ago claiming we are seeing evolution in action; sheep living on some miserable island near Scotland are growing less wool: an evolutionary response to Global Warming! Double Whammy! And not one of our esteemed evolutionist chums complained about such retarded nonsense being spoken in the name Evolution.

In short, adaptation within species seems to be a well established fact, but random genetic mutation resulting in new species is not.
Evil Edna
Banned

Greenpeace and the Arctic30

Unread post by Evil Edna »

Greenpeace and the Arctic30 PSYOP

This is news du jour in Britain. Thirty Greenpeace protestors allegedly boarded a Russian Gazprom oil rig in the Arctic. They were allegedly apprehended at gunpoint by Russian security forces, and taken into custody to await trial for hooliganism and piracy. :rolleyes:

But today, Vladimir Putin saw sense, we are told. Finally acknowledging that the Greenies are no hooligans after all! In fact, they had "noble" intent, Pooty reportedly said, adding that they were detained as much for their own safety. But the over-riding propaganda message of it all was: Well Done Greenpeace! :lol:

Most of the supposed detainees are now bailed and on their way home, reports the media. Their dramatic release by a St Petersburg court was well covered by media channels, including Sky/Faux News, RT, Reuters, and the BBC.

And yet, curiously, the St Petersburg courtroom, rather than being a suitably sturdy fortification to befit a former communist superpower, appeared more like a cheap film set! Very flimsy, almost cardboard in construction! And the defendants' cages had metal(?) bars which were so far apart, all but the fattest defendant could comfortably slip their way out! :blink:

The footage in and around the courtroom also had clear signs of chroma-keying, with inconsistent lighting of some characters, just as if they were spliced in from other videos.

The supposed #Arctic30 detainees behaved very much like Actors, backed up by "distraught family" at home in England who must have been in on the hoax, too. Those interviewed among the "Arctic30" were professionals from the media industry - video editors, etc. ;)

Sky/Reuters broadcast an excerpt of official "Greenpeace" footage of their supposed arrest in the Arctic sea. It doesn't look at all realistic. It's cheesy in fact. See below.... Pooty's bad guys are purportedly in the little black inflatables. The activist with his hands in the air is apparently surrendering.

Video overlaying again? How is the camera-work so steady in what are very choppy seas?! Is the camera supposed to be on a fixed mount? Is it just me, or does this "Greenpeace support vessel" not really seem to really be there? Just CGI/footage spliced on top? It never seems to bump with the other boats. And do the boat movements coincide with the wash and waves they are supposedly causing?

Other Greenpeace photos and footage also flag up as suspect. The supposed 2011 ramming of a Japanese whaling ship by the Greenpeace Arctic Sunrise ship seems unreal too. There is a terrific grinding/crunching noise as the two ships allegedly impact. And yet the cameraman doesn't even bother to video the supposed damage to either vessel. He just turns the camera off when most people would be making sure to record EVERYTHING for posterity! Especially if there was a gaping hole in the side of the ship!

What do others make of Greenpeace and the Arctic30 PSYOP? More fishy than an Arctic cod?!

The more I read of the background to the Green movement, the more I find myself shocked. Its founding by the oligarchic "1001 Club" - with billionaire controllers like the Aspinalls, the Windsors, the Goldsmiths and the Rothschilds. The Greens' hidden Malthusian agenda for depopulating (black) Africa and Latin America "to safeguard natural resources" (for themselves??) The Greens' deep links to the "Club of the Isles" and its cartel of raw materials. Not least the Club's dominance of the oil and gas industry - one of the key sectors the Greens claim vehemently to oppose!

Is Greenpeace and the entire Green movement really just a Hoax? Yet another scam? A scam to drive the price of hydrocarbons even higher? A cruel ruse that will push the poorest people of the world even further into "fuel poverty" and ultimately starvation.

The postulations here suggest that nuclear energy is another Hoax. A 70 year old fraud that has yet to generate a single watt of commercially-viable electricity. And with "alternative" energy never likely to satisfy even a fraction of our energy needs, we must still be living, very much, in the Age of Oil.

And mindful of that, and mindful of Greenpeace & Co and their 40 year bunkum of selling us "Global Warming", "Climate Change", "Peak Oil" and lately the "Fracking Apocalypse", this all seems like a cunning plan to drive the price of hydrocarbons even higher! :o

Cui bono? Certainly not the little people of this world!

Sources:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dlIUaBDAUQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih5CVdcGC1g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr55mQI2la8
bostonterrierowner

Re: Greenpeace and the Arctic30

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Evil Edna wrote:
Greenpeace and the Arctic30 PSYOP
Nice summary Evil Edna , one of the activist was supposedly Polish and I heard some "news" about his release on our MSM as well .
I think you are spot on regarding the hidden agenda behind Green Movement .

I can see the same dynamics in recent government shutdown and the whole debt scare in USA. They are trying to persuade us that we are approaching some kind of universal scarcity era . How can US of A run out of hard disc space aka Dollars is beyoond me but just in case hang on to your wallet :)

I am not sure about the depopulation agenda allegedly pushed by the rulling oligarchy . I think it's another fearmongering attempt .
Evil Edna
Banned

Re: Greenpeace and the Arctic30

bostonterrierowner wrote: Nice summary Evil Edna , one of the activist was supposedly Polish and I heard some "news" about his release on our MSM as well .
Great to hear that Poland hasn't been overlooked in this PSYOP! The Arctic30 perps are well represented across the nations (maximising the propaganda penetration). :rolleyes: Here's one Arctic30 fake-tivist from NZ.

Are those "prison bars" moving independently in the frames?! Just as if the bars are in a superimposed video layer! :blink:
lux

Unread post by lux »

Those bars remind me of this movie scene:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSpztKso5Uk
Evil Edna
Banned

lux wrote:Those bars remind me of this movie scene:
Hehe!

Prison bars seem to be the meme for the Greenpeace Arctic30 PSYOP :rolleyes:
Apparently, French actress Marion Cotillard briefly caged herself in a protest outside the Louvre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMp-1UnS6Ms
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

Evil Edna wrote:
lux wrote:Those bars remind me of this movie scene:
Hehe!

Prison bars seem to be the meme for the Greenpeace Arctic30 PSYOP :rolleyes:
Apparently, French actress Marion Cotillard briefly caged herself in a protest outside the Louvre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMp-1UnS6Ms
A cage made of Adobe, perhaps?
Evil Edna
Banned

Trenton Oldfield - London Boat Race 2012

Trenton Oldfield - London Boat Race Saboteur

This silly story has bubbled up to the surface yet again. :rolleyes:

In 2012, an Australian protestor named as "Trenton Oldfield" apparently sabotaged the London Boat Race.

According to media fauxtographs, the 35 year old stripped down to his Y-Fronts and jumped into the River Thames. And as the boats of Oxford and Cambridge approached, Trenton swam right across their paths forcing our most elite oarsmen to abandon their prestigious race.

Unrepentant "Trenton" says his protest was over their very eliteness, itself. :rolleyes:

Oxford-educated Home Secretary, Theresa May, is standing for none of this nautical nonsense! :rolleyes: Trenton, she has ruled, must go! :( And she's given orders for him to be booted from Blighty without further ado :o

Naturally the media (mainstream and "alternative") has opened this up into a predictably tedious debate. With a myriad of polls, campaigns, and petitions to sign. :wacko: Should we hang him? Or flog him first? Should there be limits to our right to protest? Wasn't it just harmless horseplay with the toffs?! We the undersigned demand Trenton be let off with a ticking off! :rolleyes:

Debate's all very well, but what if "Trenton" didn't actually do anything? Just maybe he has a rock solid alibi?!

What if the whole thing is NOTHING but a Photoshop FABRICATION?! ;)

And if so, surely if anyone needs deporting, it's the clowns who Photoshopped these!...

From http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-spo ... ed-1792237
Hi-Res version: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1061812/thumb ... cebook.jpg

Swimmer Trenton Oldfield interrupted last year's running of the Boat Race

See http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?i ... cf6.334392

From: http://www.occupy.com/article/why-does- ... n-oldfield

Why Does Britain Want to Deport One-Time Protester Trenton Oldfield?
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

I can´t seem to find a discussion of these "audio tapes" on CF, so I will just post the link here.

September 11th Audio Tapes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYBhgEm3j7A
Full PDF transcript:
http://www.rutgerslawreview.com/wp-cont ... script.pdf
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Flabbergasted wrote:I can´t seem to find a discussion of these "audio tapes" on CF, so I will just post the link here.
Dear Flabbergasted,

It should be of no surprise that we don't have a discussion of these alleged "flight controller's audio tapes" on this forum.
I'm a bit surprised, however, that you would even bother posting these - and suggest that we discuss them? :huh:
lux

Unread post by lux »

"TV is dying," says Business Insider.
The TV business is having its worst year ever.

Audience ratings have collapsed: Aside from a brief respite during the Olympics, there has been only negative ratings growth on broadcast and cable TV since September 2011, according to Citi Research.

Media stock analysts Craig Moffett and Michael Nathanson recently noted, "The pay-TV industry has reported its worst 12-month stretch ever." All the major TV providers lost a collective 113,000 subscribers in Q3 2013. That doesn't sound like a huge deal — but it includes internet subscribers, too.

Broadband internet was supposed to benefit from the end of cable TV, but it hasn't.

In all, about 5 million people ended their cable and broadband subs between the beginning of 2010 and the end of this year.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

simonshack wrote:I'm a bit surprised, however, that you would even bother posting these - and suggest that we discuss them? :huh:
I thought they were worth a mention considering their disinformation potential (415,000+ views and 1,900+ comments) and the work (infrastructure) that went into making them.