THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
fbenario

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by fbenario »

birdman2 wrote:At the risk of saying something totally obvious, you know that The Onion is satire?
Of course I know it, and, FYI, The Daily Mash is the Brit version of The Onion.
birdman2

Unread post by birdman2 »

fbenario wrote:FYI, The Daily Mash is the Brit version of The Onion.
oooh thanks! I'll take a look :) (can't think of an NZ equivalent off the top of my head! I guess there must be something, but not as well known) I love reading some of the comments on the Onion youtube videos from people who think they're watching a real news broadcast :lol:
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

birdman2 wrote: I love reading some of the comments on the Onion youtube videos from people who think they're watching a real news broadcast :lol:
Not surprising, with all the comments on 9/11 youtube videos from people who still think they're watching a real news broadcast, eh? :rolleyes:
fbenario

Jews DO Control The Media

Let’s be honest with ourselves, here, fellow Jews. We do control the media. We’ve got so many dudes up in the executive offices in all the big movie production companies it’s almost obscene. Just about every movie or TV show, whether it be “Tropic Thunder” or “Curb Your Enthusiasm,” is rife with actors, directors, and writers who are Jewish. Did you know that all eight major film studios are run by Jews?

But that’s not all. We also control the ads that go on those TV shows.
I’ll give my theory for why Jews don’t want to talk about their control of the media.

First of all, as much as Jews like to admit that so many of them are successful, and that so many of them have accomplished so much, they hate to admit that it has to do with they’re being Jewish. Maybe they’ll admit that it has something to do with the Jewish experience. But how many Jews will admit that there is something inherently a part of every single one of them that helps them to accomplish amazing things?

The ADL chairman, Abe Foxman, was interviewed in a great article about the subject and he said that he “would prefer people say that many executives in the industry ‘happen to be Jewish.’” This just about sums up the party line.
Now, the reason groups like the ADL and AIPAC hate admitting this is because, first of all, they are secular organizations. Their whole agenda is to prove that every Jew is the same as every other person in the world. I cannot imagine a more outlandish agenda. No, we’re different. We’re special.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e31835.htm
birdman2

Unread post by birdman2 »

Maat wrote:
birdman2 wrote: I love reading some of the comments on the Onion youtube videos from people who think they're watching a real news broadcast :lol:
Not surprising, with all the comments on 9/11 youtube videos from people who still think they're watching a real news broadcast, eh? :rolleyes:
Excellent point! And of course I was one of those people until discovering September Clues and this forum in 2010 :blink: (lucky for me!) I had a great conversation about media fakery with a new friend the other day, so one by one we are waking up! Thanks to all of you and your amazing work :wub:
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
LightCone

Unread post by LightCone »

whatsgoingon wrote:
Armaments, universal debt, and planned obsolescence — those are the three pillars of Western prosperity.

Aldous Huxley

But you need fakery to help drive the cycle.
Isn't it paradoxical to think that obsolescence begets prosperity? Perhaps so, but then again, planned obsolescence can be used to benefit the elite.
whatsgoingon

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatsgoingon

Toyota's new Prius Solution reduces its driver's carbon footprint to zero by impaling them through the lungs with spikes as soon as they get in the car.
TPTB making a green parody. They cannot have too many fuel efficient cars. Better to associate fuel efficient cars with suicide.

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXEddCLW ... ture=g-u-u

I say fuck cars altogether, but I am a revolutionary. :lol:
fbenario

whatsgoingon wrote:I say fuck cars altogether, but I am a revolutionary. :lol:
Absolutely right on, and that's why you rock!
Father, father
We don't need to escalate
You see, war is not the answer
For only love can conquer hate

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f39Zs0gB87c
whatsgoingon

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

I've split all the "Dark Knight Rises" theater shooting posts into a new topic thread here: http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1375 :)
whatsgoingon

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

whatsgoingon wrote:
Maat wrote:I've split all the "Dark Knight Rises" theater shooting posts into a new topic thread here: http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1375 :)
Good call, Maat, to make this an official PsyOp. I glanced at this one and see it is going to be used not simply as a promo for the movie, but more as a political device largely centered on the issue of guns.
Oh crap, I didn't see Bostonterrierowner had started a related topic just after my 'breaking news' post of it here...

Edit: I've now combined Boston's thread under the one heading. :)
fbenario

Re: OSLO and UTØYA, 7/22 2011

Maat wrote:The grammatical gaff that bugs me the most in America is hearing people say "would have went" Image, along with misheard/misunderstood sayings like "hone in on", "hold down the fort", "could care less" :blink: etc.
Excellent series of posts, Maat!

What I despise the most in language are the absurdities and misuses that have crept into common parlance through repetition and loss of standards:

that/which
lay/lie
beside/besides
neither ... nor/neither ... or never permitted under any circumstance
fewer/less
farther/further
since/because
disinterested/uninterested
noisy/noisome
fulsome/full
bring/take
affect/effect