THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Maat

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Maat »

^ Oh yes, and a little cunning subtlety works wonders — your choice of username there was the perfect touch ;)
Urban-Dictionary-Vicsim.jpg
Urban-Dictionary-Vicsim.jpg (26.48 KiB) Viewed 12756 times
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... id=8219553

Just need more Clues readers to get those votes up ^_^
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Revolutionary: Russian man to undergo first head-to-body transplant
The operation is set to be conducted by renowned Italian surgeon Sergio Canavero, who sees the procedure as comparable to space exploration.

“Russia sent Yury Gagarin into space with fair chances of dying. America sent Neil Armstrong to the moon with fair chances of dying. And the chances here are much, much better,” Canavero told RT.

According to Canavero, the operation is set to last up to 36 hours, and will cost over $11 million.
That's 9/11, for those of you keeping score at home.

:rolleyes:

These pscience propaganda stories are becoming so ridiculous, it's hard not to laugh at them. They claim that this head transplant will require the use of an "ultra-sharp scalpel" which they'll use to cut through the spinal cord as well as a "special biological glue" to connect the head to the new body! Amazing!

Hey, wait ... how come we can't use any of the special biological glue to reattach limbs for the Boston Bombing vicsims? :mellow:

Has your loved one been a victim of an ISIS beheading? No problem! Just use our new revolutionary proprietary trademarked and registered special biological glue!

No mention of what will happen to the cerebral spinal fluid that continuously moves up and down from the brain stem to the base of the sacrum or how they will manage to reconnect all of the nerves and other tissues to the new body. The entire thing seems unbelievably far-fetched if not outright impossible. But hey, there's a video and a TED Talk about it (see link below), so I guess that's all that's needed to sell this fantasy to the billions of brainwashed zombies on this planet who gobble up this sci-fi nonsense because it makes them feel good about the technological achievements of mankind, like when NASA sent Neil and Buzz to the moon.

I can hear them now - "The technology is very real, watch this TED Talk!" :lol:

http://rt.com/news/248473-transplant-he ... -canavero/
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Hilarious find!

Of course, stories like this are just what feed the cyclical thinking of the brainwashed. They — with no help from the media necessary — will muddy the waters even further on the subject of characters like 9/11 vicsims, Edward Snowden or Mark Zuckerberg whose heads don't always look like they belong to their bodies.

As the average lazy person's world view loses credibility, their culture will turn to a habit of clinging to rumor and hearsay instead of personal investigation or research.

This will make it all the easier for our cause to make sense to logical persons and rise out of the stupidity. Pretty soon we can hope even goofy fools will look at dubious TED stories and pronounce them:
Unbelievable_Spouse_For_House_1.gif
Unbelievable_Spouse_For_House_1.gif (1.01 MiB) Viewed 12557 times
TED has already shot their credibility in the foot a number of times. The perps are running out of "free trustworthiness" cards ... at least for some.
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

Special biological glue... special biological glue.

Glue... but special glue... for heads.

Absolutely insane.

Reminds me of the 'reanimated dog head' stuff...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2BxGOdYm8U
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Critical Mass wrote:Glue... but special glue... for heads.

Absolutely insane.
One more incentive for keepin' our heads on our shoulders! :P
MsQ

Unread post by MsQ »

I haven't logged in properly for a long time until yesterday, though I stop by this site every so often for a quick look when I have the time.
During my September Clues absense I have managed to take a trip New York. I actually got a cheap international flight by flying in to NY on September 11. I made a point of visiting the 9/11 memorial and surrounding area. My first impressions when looking at the surrounding buildings and streets was "The perspective's all wrong!" Which I then had to correct to "The perspective in the 9/11 footage is all wrong." This was no surprise really. However, I'm glad I was able to see for myself, and glad my brain had that instant reaction. I was also surprised at how much detail some of the surrounding buildings have, something the CGI certainly missed.
Critical Mass

Ahh... the plot thickens.

The world’s first head transplant surgery might be part of one giant marketing stunt
Valery Spiridonov, the 30-year-old volunteer who is allegedly getting the transplant, is a CG artist and a game development supervisor.

Interesting to note the reactions of others to these stories...

The 'Skeptics' got into a debate on terminology with some members speculating the Doctor may have been profiting from the naivete of his poor victim.
I suspect the good doctor's motives are to relieve his patient's heavy wallet syndrome and then delay long enough that the SMA kills him before surgery.

Having lost a close friend to SMA, I find this extra-despicable.
It goes without saying that 'Science journalists' buy it completely...
The recipient's head is then moved onto the donor body and the two ends of the spinal cord – which resemble two densely packed bundles of spaghetti – are fused together. To achieve this, Canavero intends to flush the area with a chemical called polyethylene glycol, and follow up with several hours of injections of the same stuff. Just like hot water makes dry spaghetti stick together, polyethylene glycol encourages the fat in cell membranes to mesh.
Conspiracy theorists act confused...
…i wonder if the Greys or Reptilians have pulled this one off before?
'The masses' act as always...
Head transplant: man will be attached to new body in under an hour and aim is immortality, doctor says

It’s unlikely that Canavero’s story is fake — he has published over 100 papers and carried out genuine medical procedures, as blog Kotaku noted in a post detailing the claims — but has brought extra attention to Canavero’s claims.
I'd like to see Hillary's head transplanted onto Obama's body. That would be funny.
Rudy Algera

Unread post by Rudy Algera »

Has anyone read Thomas Mann's story The Transposed Heads (Die vertauschten Köpfe) ?
MsQ

Unread post by MsQ »

With it being Anzac Day in Australia today, I thought I'd have a search for WW1 propaganda clips. I guess I would have been on the edge of my seat if I had seen this 100 years ago :(

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iFnce-4e74
Undoctored

Re: THE "CHATBOX" - topic for blue marble discussion

Unread post by Undoctored »

anonjedi2 wrote:Dearest Cluesforum Members,
I wasn't sure which of the NASA related threads to put this in so I figured I would just drop it in the Chatbox and the mods can move it as they see fit. I would like to direct your attention to the following image, which is part of NASA's blue marble series, from February 8, 2002.
The post in question and one response to it were moved to the stars/no stars topic. I think these posts would be more appropriate under the topic The Earth seen from space.

Done! Thank you, Undoctored - for being more familiar with this forum's contents and threads than myself! (-simon)
:P
Undoctored

Re: THE "CHATBOX" - urban dictionary ideas

Critical Mass wrote: Which reminds me... I'll try & get a definition of 'media fakery' up there.

Not too 'controversial', not too specific, a solid & 'widely accepted' example, a few teasers & some google bait... I'll work on it.
A good widely accepted example would be photo manipulation by the Soviet press.

For TV fakery you may not be able to get away with anything other than the fictional example of Wag The Dog.

Also, trying to think if there are any widely accepted real life examples of vicsims, I recalled the Stanley Milgram Experiment, where subjects were led to believe they were giving severe electric shocks to a man playing the part of another experimental subject.

An example of a vicsim could also be given in connection with fraudulent disability insurance or malpractice claims, or something like John Kerry getting a Purple Heart, although these examples lack the essential element of completely fabricated identity that vicsim as it is used here usually implies.
Critical Mass

Re: THE "CHATBOX" - urban dictionary ideas

Undoctored wrote:A good widely accepted example would be photo manipulation by the Soviet press.
I love those photos... I also find them to be quite revealing in that you can't really tell that they've been altered (or at least I can't) until you see them both together.

As for my urban dictionary definitions, I did manage to get a definition of 'media fakery' up there (with some pretty obscure information*) however the editor was finicky & only allowed me to view a single line of the definition at a time.

As a result I stupidly put up a definition without proper proofreading & now for some reason it won't accept even the simplest changes (Just removing some words has been 'under review' for over a week).

I'm somewhat embarrassed by the current definition however here it is... at least 7 people like it so far.

*I now suspect I can make definitions 'more controversial' though, obviously, not to the extent of iCONCLASTS original attempt.
Undoctored

Re: THE "CHATBOX" - Freddie Gray topic

Admins, I propose that we move the recent posts by Thinktwice and MsQ to a new “Freddie Gray / Baltimore police brutality” topic (or however you want to word it).

Done! (-simon) : http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1795
Critical Mass

I recently stated that I was going to look into what they're teaching children nowadays.

Here's a 'modern' take on Santa (one of my favorite subjects)...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCOf6Su0Yvw

It's quite fascinating... in a 'watching a car wreck' kind of way.
Critical Mass

Oh & here's some 9/11 for kids...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngmo5YGKj6w

I love how all the children all supposedly have vivid memories of that day despite the fact they would still have been babies at that time (this is a 2010 video by the way). We even get multiple vicsims reports... at 0:47 & 1:05 for instance.

I cannot even bring myself to comment on the 'Clinton did it' child actress.

Disgusting... these perps are truly disgusting freaks.