THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
brianv

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by brianv »

As I've barred myself from "engaging in debates" in hot topics, so...

Regarding Makkonen's post here - http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p2394861

Yeah, I was just thinking, can you imagine a bus load of relatives visiting Denis Nielsen's house...and sorry about this Simon :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Nilsen

I didn't know Nielsen was of Norwegian descent, just reading it now! There's a lot of the usual "23/ 11/ 1945" , "although he did attempt to strangle a 19-year-old student named Paul Nobbs :lol: on 23 November 1981"

Maybe Nielsen and Breivik could get together and swap notes? What you reckon?
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

They say images speak 1000 words, well 5 or 6 anyway. So what are "the Britvic family" saying?

Don't suffer from Hemorrhoids - buy Fukitol, safe for all the family.

Is your family getting the Benefits it's entitled to? Call 1800 666 666

Get out of Debt FREE- Call ifuku on 1800 999 999

Lost your job? Depressed? Call us on 1800 199 911

?
Selene
Banned

Unread post by Selene »

Today an "attack" (?) "happened" (?) on the offices of the NSA in Fort Meade, Maryland:

Man shot dead after attempting to attack NSA headquarters Fort Meade

Man reportedly rams car into top secret base's gate, resulting in shooting at NSA's Maryland headquarters; 2 said hurt

More photos here.

Doesn't this car in the front look ridiculously small? :huh:

Image from Twitter: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBWZHdPUcAAiWRQ.png
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Selene wrote:Doesn't this car in the front look ridiculously small?
Regardless, the picture is grotesquely distorted upwards so that the curbs are not parallel but form an angle of 15 degrees or so. It seems news "photography" is getting poorer each day rather than the other way around.
CTGal1011

Unread post by CTGal1011 »

Brianv,

Re: NWA255

What I meant is a lot of non-believers know what the actual smell of death is. So when not one of the vicsims families talk about anything "morbid", you have to wonder.
No talk about it from 9/11, Sandyhook, numerous plane crashes, Boston bombing, etc.
Just one thing that is ALWAYS missing from the dialogue.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

A bit like why a number of firemen don't eat bacon anymore...
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

KingMinusHead wrote:Am I concerned about the heavy leaning towards the predominant 'medical model' (pathologise > diagnose > treatment via pharmaceuticals)? Of course.
KMH, you are probably familiar with Robert Whitaker´s fascinating analysis of the psychiatric epidemic that has been ravaging society over the last four decades or so. For anyone interested in how the "medical model" got implemented in psychiatric care, I warmly recommend these lectures:

The roots and scope of the psychiatric epidemic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6MXO2j0V0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNvCyUC_LPc

Children and ADHD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gigZD4RIXhg
KingMinusHead

Unread post by KingMinusHead »

Flabbergasted wrote:
KingMinusHead wrote:Am I concerned about the heavy leaning towards the predominant 'medical model' (pathologise > diagnose > treatment via pharmaceuticals)? Of course.
KMH, you are probably familiar with Robert Whitaker´s fascinating analysis of the psychiatric epidemic that has been ravaging society over the last four decades or so. For anyone interested in how the "medical model" got implemented in psychiatric care, I warmly recommend these lectures:

The roots and scope of the psychiatric epidemic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6MXO2j0V0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNvCyUC_LPc

Children and ADHD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gigZD4RIXhg
Hi Flabbergasted,

Thanks heaps for noticing my post and replying. I am familiar with Robert Whitaker's work and perspectives, although it's been a while - too long actually - since I spent a bit of time refreshing my perspectives on things and doing some 'critical readings'. I haven't seen those lectures you've posted before so thanks very much for bringing them to my attention, appreciated :)
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Hi guys, a bit of advice before getting on that airplane this summer...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Airlines_Flight_123 (JA8119)
Crashed in the mountains, rescue didn't begin until day later. Same ole...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Airlines_Flight_611
China Airlines Flight 611 (callsign Dynasty 611) Die Nasty 611 :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Air_Lines_Flight_191

check the data first!

Oh, this is a good one too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air ... Flight_007 ( 1/9/1983 ) :rolleyes:
(Some US Gov rent boy onboard, Nixon said to have missed the flight - so it must be true)
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Strange thing about all these so-called tragedies. Where are the class clowns, the jokers, the cynics? All the children in Sandy Hook and now Joseph-Koenig High School are so weepy and sensitive, and instantly bond with their peers over tragedy? It doesn't make any sense, whatsoever. It's like the whole 9/11 story — trying to make everyone bond over some collective disaster. It didn't stop gang wars, murders, political differences, fist fights or anything like that. It didn't sequester humor, either. Not even for a milisecond after the reports, since people were joking about life before, during and after. If anything, misunderstandings and public consensus seem to have gotten worse in the typical trend of aging empires. Negotiations, diplomats — all gone in favor a technocratic iron fist enforcement of artificial "peace" through looming threats of State sanctioned violence.

But none of the children, in smallish-medium sized cities, have anything bad to say about authority? Everyone feels equal and fairly treated by the system that deems for them what is or is not important? Yeah right! That really sounds like teenagers.

:lol: In the perps' dreams!

It's like they are trying to enforce through poorly simulated example, even above and aside from all the ruckus about the fake Psy-Op events, a kind of gargantuan "shushing" of any complaints about the system at large, or even its sycophantic tendrils in towns that wish they were connected to Federal revenue streams.

All the children just gather and hug and cry? No kid is concerned about their social status? No kid just uses it as an excuse to go home? No kid snickers about bracelets or stupid toys during a dry speech? Bollocks. No kid is seething with hormonal Euro angst and just says rude iconoclastic things for the sake of attention? Fuck you, news. You're not even close to painting reality.

The pictures the news conjures of the gatherings are completely unrealistic with any elementary or high school experience I can recall or remember or feel the repercussions of in every single person I've met who has ever gone to any sort of mass education system, except perhaps a response by home-abused conformists to the most top-down, preppy, overly organized affairs by school authorities — and even those, some of the most nerdy, jocky and preppy sheep whispered about, mocked, escaped the mandatory events or just generally made refreshing cynical comments about the double standards of the thing.

Where is the diverse humanity in these children — the responses to injustice, the moments of humor, or any complex emotions at all, the tuning out entirely and focusing on one's self as children and swelling adolescents are wont to do?

What the fuck is with reports strictly focusing on those who frown, offer predictable quips for no discernible reason other than it gets them the attention of authorities (and no reports on the suspicious character of these overly-ready-to-conform children, either), those who stand still, obediently mourn, occasionally bust out in inexplicable tears that are then reported in depth before the body's natural balancing mechanisms offer the teary-eyed individual some clarity and reflection? For the news, their unstated goal is clearly to be to create unease and a lack of resolution. In short, terrorism.

News is fucking terrorism. So which of the government's military is going to start aiming missiles and drones at the news stations? If the empty war-heads in Washington were serious about this "War on Terror" malarkey, they would have publicly declared the news their possession on 9/11, but it has been totally theirs all along, for several decades now. And it was at least partially in their control for centuries before that. The idea that they actually want a true defeat of all terror is a total and complete farce.

Everything is reported as purposely unresolved as possible so that the functionary can receive her stamp of approval from the security apparatus, the building gets its check and the beneficiaries walk off flipping the bird to anyone who would resist the technofascist empire from taking over the minds of yet another small cadre of cowards and fools.

Does this make any sense whatsoever in a school setting: the dour-faced adults acting like it's time to mandate a period of mourning rather than even attempting to cheer people up and offer hope, and the children all agreeing — "Yes, please, give us some discipline and can I have another please sir and/or madam freakshow"?

Does the reported story of peoples' behavior at any of these post-tragedy travesties make any bluddy fecking sense as a full picture of events?

I'll tell you whether it makes any sense to me, based on my experience and my interactions with thousands of people who have actually experienced institutionalized public or private education — many of who have shared their salty impressions of the disastrously flawed school systems — not to mention anyone ever home schooled on any level :

NOPE!

Sorry for my rant, but it's just absolutely absurd that people are accepting and swallowing every comedy story thrown at them, and the fact that people are embracing their own defeat to the bastards — with "sobs" no less! — gives me shudders of the lugubrious violence-obsessed "Nature Channel" pronouncements on predator-prey relations. This is one thing all of us can talk about with absolutely every one around us from all walks of life, regardless of any details we uncovered or any other discussion of fakery: the news media's blatant disregard for a full range of diverse and human responses to a given news event!

———

Anyway, I have a question. What is the deal with this concept of "Crisis Manager"? I would be interested to hear if anyone here has ever had to be raised in a school with someone other than the principal acting as "crisis manager". It sounds like a truly useless fictional concept dreamed up by idiots.
MrSinclair

Unread post by MrSinclair »

Hoi, I think it has much to do with the erosion and elimination of unstructured playtime for children. This is one of the most critical components of development replaced with smothering, hovering, controlling, structuring and all the other shit parents do too much of.
This coupled with all that goes on in the schools has led towards a high degree of entrained helplessness amongst the youth. For example they find it almost impossible in many cases to communicate with adults who occupy no clear position of authority, relation, job function etc.If everything is a potential crisis and every crisis has a manager that amounts to emotions being put on cue and controlled much like one would do with a dog.
If all the teens who watched Loose Change would wake up and migrate over to here that would be a step in the right direction.
Starbucked

Unread post by Starbucked »

Traffic stop gone wrong -
Walter Scott Shooting VIDEO: Police Officer Michael Slager Shoots Black Man Multiple Times in Back.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/so ... death.html

Does this look like a staged police shooting, intended to stoke the fires of racial divide? The timing of the video is perfect, with the camera capturing the action just as Walter begins to run away. No voices or shouting can be heard just before the shooting. All very suspicious.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg3GrfR2wiQ

"RussianVids" has a breakdown in the video below, including the lack of any police response to being videoed and the "Duping Delight" of the victim's brother. Why the killer cop didn't try to confiscate the camera from the person who witnessed him murdering a guy running away after a traffic stop defies logic.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIhI9u5ipSE
Selene
Banned

Unread post by Selene »

Wow, Starbucked...

I heard about the "event" and only because you posted the video I saw what "happened".

Not having any experience myself being shot 8 times in the back, but a fair understanding about human behaviour; the lack of any reaction of the "victim" in this case both physical and emotional (no screaming, nothing) gives it away. The arguments in the second video I find less convincing, also that the police would immediately threaten the camera guy (who was behind a fence anyway) I don't see that much as an argument. The "shooting" itself is the give-away. Steadily 'running' (after 3 KFC meals it seems) after being shot 7 times and only falling (looks unnatural how he falls) after the 8th "shot" would make Scott some Superman. The grinning of his brother looks also unnatural and highly Robbie Taylor suspicious.

Another event or "event" just took place in the country of many of the forum members/admins; Italy.

There was (supposedly?) a shooting in a court in Milan, where a defendant killed 3 or 4 people, hid himself and fled on a motorbike. I couldn't say if it is true or fake, just informing about the "news":

BBC
The Ansa news agency said he shot a bankruptcy court judge, a lawyer and one other man. The fourth person is thought to have had a heart attack.

- heart attacks do happen, but a strange death?
- if you look at the video, the carabinieri are behaving differently from obviously staged events (like Boston and the like); they are running, not quiet, look stressed
- but seeing the women (who were evacuated first, is that common practice?) exiting the court room they do not look so stressed

The Mirror (sorry :puke: )
The killed judge is Fernando Ciampi, Italian media is reporting.
The suspected gunman is a man called Claudio Giardiello, claims the news site Giornalettismo.
He has apparently barricaded himself somewhere inside the building and 'does not intend to surrender'.

- so first barricaded and then "fled on a motor bike and arrested in a suburb"?

RussiaToday
The gunman reportedly shot lawyer Lorenzo Alberto Claris Appiani, and then shot in the direction of prosecutor Gaetano Ruta, but missed. After participants in the case were wounded, the suspect left the room and hurried to a second floor courtroom, where he allegedly [?, Selene] shot dead bankruptcy court judge Fernando Ciampi.
The incident took place at about 11 am local time, when witnesses reportedly heard four or five gunshots.
"It is shocking …and inconceivable that one can come into court with a weapon," said the president of the Lombardy Region, Roberto Maroni.

- exactly my thoughts, signore Maroni, how is that even possible? Are there no checks and control gates at the entrance - I luckily know as much about courtrooms as about being shot in the back...

Reuters
Security measures across Italy have been tightened following the Charlie Hebdo attacks in Paris in January and it was not immediately clear how the assailant was able to carry a gun past metal detectors and into the court buildings.

The incident raises questions about security at the city's public venues less than a month before the Milan Expo opens on May 1, the first time the city has held the world trade fair for more than a hundred years.

- a motive? and of course the "horrible" hoax Hebdo is mentioned...

And again, conflicting reports about the number of victims:
- ANSA - 3 deaths - yet the source for the 4 deaths in other articles
- Oggi - 4 deaths

Some background on the alleged main victim and shooter - in Italian, very quick to release this...?:
- Fernando Ciampi
- Claudio Giardiello

And Mr. Giardiello already got support on Facebook:

Italian - fanpages honouring Giardiello created immediately after the shooting

Would the "paranoid" and "disturbed" Claudio be seeing the same psy-oplogist as Banzaï Pasternak*? ^_^

*see for the explanation of this name combination the Germanwings-topic.

EDIT: I don't really see something that would point to a hoax, really, at this moment. Only the circumstantial points made. And the question why would you treat a wounded person just next to the entrance outside and not in a quieter place (less accessible for cameras though) inside or further away from the entrance.

However, it may be a motive to get iris scans or other personal IDs into the system...

Huffington Post
Prosecutor Edmondo Bruti Liberati hypothesized that Giardiello may have been able to sneak the weapon into the courthouse by using a false ID. Magistrates, court employees and accredited lawyers bearing proper ID don't have to pass through metal detectors to get inside the building.

Photos:

- National Post

The only strange thing to me is a "police officer" in jeans and on New Balance sneakers, that doesn't seem a normal outfit for a Polizia?

And maybe this picture:
- The Guardian

More photos:
- La Repubblica

Any others who have more insight in the what and who of this case?
Last edited by Selene on Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Starbucked wrote:Traffic stop gone wrong -
Walter Scott Shooting VIDEO: Police Officer Michael Slager Shoots Black Man Multiple Times in Back.
Would you believe, this is the first thing I have seen in several years on actual TV. We were out holidaying yesterday and we stopped in at a "government" shed to see an exhibition for the kids, we walked into the foyer and a moron in a hi-viz jacket was glued to the thing on the wall, I glanced up and there it was. I half heard the yarn attached to the "footage" and thought, "Oh-oh here we go again".
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

I was thinking about Richard Hall's radar analysis & wondering does anybody here know what programs to use to try & recreate it?

Obviously 'Dick' screwed it up (as onebornfree rightly pointed out) but the idea itself seems to me to be a good one. Heck 'clip 20' is a great way of easily showing the trajectory problems (in addition WTC 7 isn't tall enough).

Dicky promised that you can download all his 3d models & test them yourself... however the links, 'strangely enough', seem dead.

Additionally I'm also wondering if I could use the technique to try & recreate the trinity imagery & it's two 'barrage balloons' (300m & 500m away from 'ground zero' supposedly).

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZoAcI98d-k