THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
beyondafringe
Banned

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by beyondafringe »

See Something, Say Something. The government campaign so concerned with information sharing, they trademarked the name of.

This would I think restrict the written use of the term, but not infringe on its verbal usage. Say it loud, say it proud, use a megaphone, and attract a crowd. No banners though.

http://www.dhs.gov/if-you-see-something ... g-campaign

It's on licence from some other agency, whether that is supposed to explain its legally imposed restrictions on use.

Most predictable "Orwellian Big Brother NWO Surveillance Society Police State Martial Law" garbled hysteria, and FEMA DHS camps and mass graves responses from the eyes wide open truth chasing brigade.

But it could be less sinister; there was a TV contest show, called Catchphrase. Complete with its own catchphrase, "if you see it, say it", or "say what you see".
What I would describe as pre-gif gif's were shown on a screen to contestants, and the first to correctly guess the "saying" it was representative of,won a toaster, or a yacht. Or most likely nothing, as is my suspicion regarding such things.

Is there a game afoot? If so, I could an example be found for today, from any major news delivery service. Well.............

'Knocked a cyclist off his bike. I have right of way, he doesn't even pay road tax': Trainee accountant's boastful tweet sparks police probe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ead_module

Writing under the name @emmaway20, she tweeted: ‘Definitely knocked a cyclist off his bike earlier – I have right of way he doesn’t even pay road tax! #bloodycyclists’.

---------------------------------------------

@ Emma Way. What do I win? I actually need a new toaster, been using my grill for ages.

Ha ha, I suppose. Perhaps a slight regional accent would illuminate the jape, but the perversion of @ to aht, or out, and 'Out emma way' would have been an appropriate vocal warning for the hapless cyclist, who surprisingly seems un-bloodied and without a shaggy dog story*.

Like the fostered dogs that came from Cleveland kidnap house, or the live-on-screen reuniting of owner and pet dog after the tornado*.

That is if I remember correctly. In the past couple of days I have watched more CNN than all previous perusals combined, and have become enthralled by the psychedelic ant farm vibe. Chasing my high, I found this on their webshite:

"Trust your memory? Maybe you shouldn't"

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/18/healt ... index.html

"It was pretty exciting to watch these normal, healthy individuals pick up on the suggestions in our interviews, and pick up the false information that we fed them," Loftus says.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thrilling indeed, the vague notion of the existence of this Doctor Loftus is cleared up with a stunning publicity shot:

Sometime Loftus worries about crossing into unethical territory -- like when she created false memories in military personnel who were training to survive as prisoners of war. When the study published, she feared "we were going to basically be giving (our enemies) a recipe for how to do bad things to other people and then contaminate their memory." (same article)

Worry worry, the verb for disturbing sheep, the truth-chasers themselves being the intended flock.

For the even more main of mainstream audiences, there is of course the 'hatchet job' (of a story) story where Islamic terrorism, Help For Heroes, and complete abandonment of reason feature heavily.

I am surprised to see a reference to my first thought, Terror Trials, when Woolwich was mentioned, there has/is numerous so-called plots and incidents of the most terrifying and terrible terror that have terminated at Woolwich Crown Court.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-0 ... ial-center

"An attack with a knife and cleaver that left one a man described as a British soldier dead in southeast London struck at the heart of an area that’s become the center of terrorism trials in the U.K."

Video footage broadcast by ITV News showed a black man, his hands covered in blood and holding a cleaver and a knife, speaking after the attack. “Your people will never be safe,” he said. “Remove your government, they don’t care about you.” The man apologized that women had to witness the incident. “In our lands, our women see the same,” he said.

-----------------------------------------------------

I suppose his strong London accent is testimony to the sophistication of Muslim terror cells active in the U.K. and the effort to assimilate into society include vocal coaching.
'Our lands' must reference somewhere in the Middle East, or these days Africa.
Al Shish Kebab is already being mentioned, but any hopes that the black guys skin colour might make the fake blood all over his hands less ridiculous are dashed.

Nearby Army barracks are 200+ years old, in the aftermath of 200+ mile an hour tornado and 200+ (regular media ref) Boston Weak story.

Tenuous, but tenacious by repetition, it's not uncommon to see broader connections to U.S. and U.K. themes.

Atlantic Mirror.

While the UK police were shooting these terrorists, the FBI were shooting one too.

While Apple CEO gets a US Congress 'grilling' (my toaster) Google exec faces inquiry by UK MP's with both 'stories' being about corporate tax avoidance.

Is there a pissing contest underway?

Single house collapse, Sheffield, UK.

Whole town collapse Moore (indeed) OK (OK, yes, i get it)

Both feature a 'legs sticking out' personal story oft repeated.

And in regard to the Oklahoma 'job' has anyone else noticed the Red Green Blue that seems to be the only colours, except for a single yellow rebel, that clothing or cars are allowed to be in the area? Plain signal variety, I think signal is the correct term, like a poster paint hue.

Sky has three of its most heinous faces 'on scene', who last night were sending reports from the (self declared) same location. Facing in different directions, maybe, but following the same line.

Hero teachers, fund raisers galore, the live-to-air shaggy dog* discovery and the many many references to 'residents' "not knowing where they are", and the 'almost identical' path of destruction to the most recent previous tornado - that received not even 1% of the same level of coverage, in the UK anyway, that this invent is - personally this is now filed under the bulging 'nonsense' heading.

Just now, on BBC, this question was put to some talking head "do the Boston, and now London, attacks raise fears in regard to Lone Wolf terrorism". Priceless. If the problem with that question is not evident, you need to sit alone and think, a task that the presence of another person will not interfere with.

*A Shaggy Dog Story is a plot with a high level of build-up and complicating action, only to be resolved with an anti-climax or ironic reversal, usually one that makes the entire story meaningless.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... gyDogStory

Perfect.
arc300

Unread post by arc300 »

By now most of us will have heard or we will just be hearing about the latest terrorist incident: Brutal London attack leaves one dead near barracks. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/ar ... d=10885560

Instead of asking, "Where were you when you heard [X]?", we should be asking our friends and colleagues, "How long did it take before you realised [X] is bullshit?"

I think most of us here would say that we are immediately suspicious of any drivel that comes from a so-called journalist, but for me, the real clincher is when they trot out the tired old cliche of "muslims chanting Allah is great" as they commit the atrocity du jour.
beyondafringe
Banned

"Get reddy, I see something" "What is it" "I have no idea, but be reddy"

We're Reddy

Car 1, reddy. 1 lucky car gets so much coverage.

Pretty sure this is the same car, same 5 spoke (ha) wheels, roof torn off - just making really really sure it's empty, or looking for loose change.

This guy looks genuinely glum.

Any red car, yes any.

Reddy-neck

Kids climbing frame, bulldozer, perfect imagery. Are they red? Don't worry, the tree is hardly distinctive.

Thin red line, so close to 'still recovering' Joslin

What school? Well does one have a red sign? Then that one. Oh, and a large, dangerous, predatory, menacing dark shape needs to be 'touching down' on top of it. No, the school.........hello? hello?

We blue it.

Lonely

"I wuv blue" "I wuv yellow" I love distinctive trees.

Can I lend a hand? Is it cos I is black? Next week, okay I'll be ready..........

beyondafringe
Banned

arc300 wrote:By now most of us will have heard or we will just be hearing about the latest terrorist incident: Brutal London attack leaves one dead near barracks. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/ar ... d=10885560

Instead of asking, "Where were you when you heard [X]?", we should be asking our friends and colleagues, "How long did it take before you realised [X] is bullshit?"

I think most of us here would say that we are immediately suspicious of any drivel that comes from a so-called journalist, but for me, the real clincher is when they trot out the tired old cliche of "muslims chanting Allah is great" as they commit the atrocity du jour.

How anyone can believe the 'Islamic Jihad Street Rap' video for longer than it takes to watch it really does baffle me.

His crimson hands and pristine clothing are a big part of the huge problem. The med-heavy front end damaged car, shunted lobster-like 10-20 ft sideways onto the pavement seems odd.

The most ridiculous 'eyewitness' interview ever was on the (so crazy) CNN with a 'local' called Lauren something and an oriental reporter, can't find it but it really is a genre defining production.
iCONOCLAST

Unread post by iCONOCLAST »

It is a new entertainment genre: the "Black and Red Minstrel show"

With my Drs hat on- Complete Bullshit. :D :D
beyondafringe
Banned

Just remembered this trans-Atlantic anomaly, brides to be beware....

Bethany Jones, 18, from South Elmsall, near Wakefield, died when the minibus she was in and a lorry collided on the M62 on 26 April.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-22425465

Is this an image you would deem appropriate to represent a car crash fatality, sitting in a car, looking startled?

"Security alert cancels M62 hen party crash meeting"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-22404139

'Couldn't make it up'

The council said it was trying to rearrange the meeting, which was due to take place during the evening, for Tuesday.

"You couldn't make it up," said Mr Tulley.

"It's been a crazy week for the community and a very, very testing time for us. It's just another thing that's been thrown at us."

Mr Tulley has two relatives who are still in hospital following the crash.

Re-cropped for the more 'imminent impact' feel.

And the council leader, with two injured relatives, heading a meeting on how to 'help' (financially, or maybe hire a Necromancer). That sounds like the kind of controversy the man-in-the-street can swallow. Debatable by decree.

Days later;

Bride-to-be who was killed with four friends at her bachelorette party trapped inside their blazing limousine

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2U6OXjzPd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

According to this the bride to be died

The tragic bride

Strange looking friend.

Why? Why not?

But to me they are not legitimate or real stories. And the "anything you can do, I can do better" tune comes to mind.

Tomayto, tomarto? Or a rounded turd covered in fake blood, and on fire.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Re: http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2384728#p2384728
beyondafringe wrote: Maat,

You use the cringe-inducing term meme, which is itself surely the ultimate and self determining meme?
Well, Jason, I find your 'debating' habit when challenged of rejecting or redefining appropriate language terms used to convey relevant points or concepts rather tiresome but quite revealing (and familiar). A meme is just a meme; the true origin and original meaning of any particular one is another subject entirely.

All that side-stepping does is raise eyebrows and questions about your real purpose for registering. By your introductory statements that your "motivations are purely personal" with a "stated desire to alter some perceptions by [your] contributions here", it starts to look like this is some kind of ego-challenge for you just to see if you can 'beat the fastest minds in town', test our mettle and/or 'show us how it's done'.

This is not the place for pseudo intellectual games of innuendo and double-bind 'guess what I mean, if you can't you're stupid'. And if you want to "shake" someone by their "lapels" as a metaphor, I suggest you try that on a man in person (wouldn't work on me, my blouses and dresses don't have 'em). So your Wall-E image is supposed to mean what? http://www.empireonline.com/images/feat ... tos/63.jpg

As you also state in your intro, "I have observed with great relish the identification and vilification of those who have participated here with nefarious purpose", perhaps you missed the fact that not all who fail their probation here are necessarily or consciously "nefarious". Inappropriate attitude, disrespect, impropriety and communication/comprehension deficiencies are just as detrimental to our efforts and purpose. For example, equivocal avoidance tactics like, "I am unable to locate any question marks, or any punctuation free examples, to respond to". Yes, our low tolerance for such behaviors is one of "the truly defining features of this site", as you noted.

If you had read this forum extensively and understood what we do, you should also know that playing semantics is no substitute for properly reasoned arguments, nor is using ambiguity as a refuge for wriggle room when caught out on a self-contradictory or illogical limb. To quote your intro again, "retrospective alteration is a slippery slope indeed if embarked upon".

Then from, "'Dropping the dead donkey' that the 'donkey story' is. Always was. Once the journalistic turn of phrase is understood", to:
beyondafringe wrote:And your emboldened truth is taken from two 'TV show writers', dismissing the 'many industry insiders' with an equally bold mythical categorization.

The term, and it's whole or partial use prior to the TV show or not, are impossible to determine and of no relevance to the fact: It exists, as a TV show and a terminology (used ironically, or otherwise) now.
By that reasoning then, no writers can ever publicly claim their original ideas or creations once "many industry insiders" decide to claim, hijack or plagiarise them (because they weren't clever enough to think of their own); just declare the creators liars by a consensus of journalistic "authority". Interesting; I'm sure other creative writers, designers etc. would find the implications of that idea disturbing too.

Re your intro: "I've rambled extensively, not a portent for the future I hope." Hmm, apparently so. You can always start your own blog you know. ;)

All we ask is that you demonstrate your bona fides by providing helpful, lucid and respectful contributions to the research and exposure of the government/media deceptions perpetrated in the world. That also means including links to the original webpage source of all relevant images you post. :)
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

What is this nonsense? The vehicle to the right of the red car is about 10 times the size of the red one? The front left wheel and tire are taller than the entire red car itself? :o

Vext Lynchpin

Unread post by Vext Lynchpin »

anonjedi2 wrote:What is this nonsense? The vehicle to the right of the red car is about 10 times the size of the red one? The front left wheel and tire are taller than the entire red car itself? :o

So unreal. It looks like a staged photo, with a small toy car sitting on a pile of wee little rubble in the blurred foreground, with the in-focus background being the full-size demolished house. I can't think of any other way to explain it.
arc300

Unread post by arc300 »

Vext Lynchpin wrote:
anonjedi2 wrote:What is this nonsense? The vehicle to the right of the red car is about 10 times the size of the red one? The front left wheel and tire are taller than the entire red car itself? :o

So unreal. It looks like a staged photo, with a small toy car sitting on a pile of wee little rubble in the blurred foreground, with the in-focus background being the full-size demolished house. I can't think of any other way to explain it.
I think it is a child's ride-on toy car, you can see the steering wheel just poking above the windscreen
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

The so-called "American" rag survived. All's good! :rolleyes:
truthseeker
Banned

Unread post by truthseeker »

brianv wrote:The so-called "American" rag survived. All's good! :rolleyes:
brian! Five years ago i would have been upset with your comment! :ph34r:

But since my September Clues indoctrination, an education. Not at all.

Cheers from California! :D
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

truthseeker wrote:
brianv wrote:The so-called "American" rag survived. All's good! :rolleyes:
brian! Five years ago i would have been upset with your comment! :ph34r:

But since my September Clues indoctrination, an education. Not at all.

Cheers from California! :D
Pirate Vessel colours! I don't agree that September Clues is indoctrination, it's quite the opposite actually.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Geez I hate all these corporate "news" assholes! :angry: The most despicable thing is they can never be trusted to even report any real event without exploiting and manipulating everything they possibly can. Never let any opportunity for propaganda reinforcement go to waste, is obviously their "prime directive".

Just no way to tell what part of anything shown is real after they get done with it.

Interesting, that image with the toy car etc. has been removed by NYT:
Oklahoma-tornado-NYT-pic-removed.jpg
Oklahoma-tornado-NYT-pic-removed.jpg (17.95 KiB) Viewed 12049 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/us/ok ... ml?hp&_r=0

But apparently ok to openly stage them though :rolleyes: :
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2013/0 ... ORE.html#2

Perp parasite 'in action'?:
Caption: A small area near the freeway was opened up to the news media and buzzed with reporters, news crews and TV trucks. [* like flies to...]
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2013/0 ... RE.html#10

"Before and After: 360° Views From Moore, Okla.
Panoramic images taken Tuesday are compared with the same locations before the storm from Google Maps’ Street View. Click and drag the images below to view the damage around the street."
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013 ... panos.html
JLapage

Unread post by JLapage »

I am not sure where to post this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtkp_nUu ... 1369426544
or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiQusAZ4jps

Here's a guy who supposedly beheaded some former soldier and yet no blood except fake red stained palms?? no blood on shirt or anywhere else. Another terrorist attack :rolleyes: