THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Post Reply
brianv
Member
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by brianv » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:27 pm

whoopsie.

Mercurial
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:23 am

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Mercurial » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:51 pm

No, I meant to say post. I'd connect, write post, then when I hit submit it would come up with the error. I'd try again and not be able to connect for 10 mins or so and then it would let me again, but when I went to post it would do it again. This happened numerous times. But I was able to connect in between. It was obviously an intermittent fault but it seemed like it was messing with me.

brianv
Member
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by brianv » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Mercurial wrote:No, I meant to say post. I'd connect, write post, then when I hit submit it would come up with the error. I'd try again and not be able to connect for 10 mins or so and then it would let me again, but when I went to post it would do it again. This happened numerous times. But I was able to connect in between. It was obviously an intermittent fault but it seemed like it was messing with me.
I wasn't trying to correct you, sorry if there was a misunderstanding, I was just being lazy and edited your post to suit my condition!

whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(
Posts: 576
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by whatsgoingon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 pm

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mercurial
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:23 am

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Mercurial » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Cheers for clearing that up Brian, I do try to say what I mean, don't always succeed mind you. :D

I'm presently immersing myself in that first site you linked to - very quite interesting indeed. Thanks

Edit: Actually it's riddled with typos - very distracting. If he can't be bothered to proofread his own work not sure he can expect anyone to respect what he has to say (shame) and on further inspection a lot of it seems like a load of waffle. :(

Which pages did you find the most relevant/useful?
Last edited by Mercurial on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(
Posts: 576
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:56 pm

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by whatsgoingon » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:25 pm

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

reichstag fireman
Member
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 1:09 am

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by reichstag fireman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Funny figures.. the British press today reports: Obama just in front say polls as USA voting starts"..
Yet the bookies have put the phony president at 10/11 favourite????
There's not even a figleaf of credibility to elections any more.

simonshack
Administrator
Posts: 6944
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: italy
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by simonshack » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 am

reichstag fireman wrote: There's not even a figleaf of credibility to elections any more.
Was there ever any? :huh:

Dcopymope
Banned
Posts: 670
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:59 am
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Dcopymope » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:57 am

reichstag fireman wrote:Funny figures.. the British press today reports: Obama just in front say polls as USA voting starts"..
Yet the bookies have put the phony president at 10/11 favourite????
There's not even a figleaf of credibility to elections any more.
Well, according to the American press, Romney is in front, yet according to CBS Obama already won the election two weeks ago. I was going to wait until this was all over before posting this video, but I don't see a point in waiting looking at reports like this, we'll see what happens.

OBAMA "WON" ALREADY!? ACCORDING TO CBS!!!:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB21rFFr3II

Mercurial
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:23 am

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Mercurial » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:04 am

BBC coverage is hilarious - that tit dancing round his graphics as per usual and cocking up nearly everything he's trying to say. God, they're inept!

Good quote from Martin Amis on Newsnight earlier on the ir/rationality of the American people and the possibility the Republicans will win - "We must blush for a future where Romney, who believes a returned Jesus Christ will split his time between Jerusalem and Missouri, is the leader of the free world." Nervous laughs all round!

Maat
Member
Posts: 1422
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:14 am
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Maat » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:41 am

Hey guys & gals, pardon my absence, just needed to unplug for a while (but nice to know I was missed by some :D).
Thank you for your concern, Mercurial and Reichstag, yes, I am fine and have certainly not succumbed to anything as abhorrent or ridiculous as a political/party ideology that I just read suggested by Antipodean earlier! :lol:
After an initial ‘WTF’, it really did give me a laugh though :P

I’ll clarify anyway, just for the record, as it’s rather apropos while America’s hypnotized populace are participating in the pointless activity of “voting”, aka contributing to the “suggestion box for slaves” as Stefan Molyneux aptly calls it.

I not only saw through the left-right paradigm, political farce and myth of “choice” ages ago but haven’t even voted in over 35 years, despite it being “compulsory” in Australia! I actually discovered the easiest way to avoid being fined for that “disobedience” was to simply never reply to the government letters I got ^_^ At least “voting” isn’t compulsory in the US, not that I could even if I were stupid enough to want to as I’m not (nor interested in becoming) a US Citizen; only a US Resident for the last 17 years.

Here are two of my favorite philosophers on the subject:


full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeMGqTwWA6U


full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igbBItLemsM


full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

brianv
Member
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by brianv » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:21 am

Maat wrote:Hey guys & gals, pardon my absence, [...]
WB Maat, thats my kind of thinking! How can you reply to a fictitious entity anyhow?
"Suggestion Box for Slaves" Love it!

Maat
Member
Posts: 1422
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:14 am
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Maat » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 am

brianv wrote: WB Maat, thats my kind of thinking! How can you reply to a fictitious entity anyhow?
"Suggestion Box for Slaves" Love it!
Thanks Brian! :D Yep, a "fictitious entity" it is all right, so that's why ignoring them worked :lol: The little drone bureaucrats could only engage with those who believed in and entered their world as real by replying. Unfortunately that only works on silly, unenforceable "laws" like that. <_<

brianv
Member
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by brianv » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:13 am

Maat wrote:
brianv wrote: WB Maat, thats my kind of thinking! How can you reply to a fictitious entity anyhow?
"Suggestion Box for Slaves" Love it!
Thanks Brian! :D Yep, a "fictitious entity" it is all right, so that's why ignoring them worked :lol: The little drone bureaucrats could only engage with those who believed in and entered their world as real by replying. Unfortunately that only works on silly, unenforceable "laws" like that. <_<
I've always been a little uncomfortable with Stefan Molyneaux, but that video nails it perfectly. I'd love to put it on disc and deliver it personally to every household on this island full of voting fools.

Maat
Member
Posts: 1422
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:14 am
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Maat » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:08 am

brianv wrote: I've always been a little uncomfortable with Stefan Molyneaux, but that video nails it perfectly. I'd love to put it on disc and deliver it personally to every household on this island full of voting fools.
I know what you mean, I've only listened to a few of his, but what he has to say on politics and politicians I've found mostly pretty spot on. :)

Post Reply