THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Mercurial

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Mercurial »

No, I meant to say post. I'd connect, write post, then when I hit submit it would come up with the error. I'd try again and not be able to connect for 10 mins or so and then it would let me again, but when I went to post it would do it again. This happened numerous times. But I was able to connect in between. It was obviously an intermittent fault but it seemed like it was messing with me.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Mercurial wrote:No, I meant to say post. I'd connect, write post, then when I hit submit it would come up with the error. I'd try again and not be able to connect for 10 mins or so and then it would let me again, but when I went to post it would do it again. This happened numerous times. But I was able to connect in between. It was obviously an intermittent fault but it seemed like it was messing with me.
I wasn't trying to correct you, sorry if there was a misunderstanding, I was just being lazy and edited your post to suit my condition!
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mercurial

Cheers for clearing that up Brian, I do try to say what I mean, don't always succeed mind you. :D

I'm presently immersing myself in that first site you linked to - very quite interesting indeed. Thanks

Edit: Actually it's riddled with typos - very distracting. If he can't be bothered to proofread his own work not sure he can expect anyone to respect what he has to say (shame) and on further inspection a lot of it seems like a load of waffle. :(

Which pages did you find the most relevant/useful?
Last edited by Mercurial on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

Funny figures.. the British press today reports: Obama just in front say polls as USA voting starts"..
Yet the bookies have put the phony president at 10/11 favourite????
There's not even a figleaf of credibility to elections any more.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

reichstag fireman wrote: There's not even a figleaf of credibility to elections any more.
Was there ever any? :huh:
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

reichstag fireman wrote:Funny figures.. the British press today reports: Obama just in front say polls as USA voting starts"..
Yet the bookies have put the phony president at 10/11 favourite????
There's not even a figleaf of credibility to elections any more.
Well, according to the American press, Romney is in front, yet according to CBS Obama already won the election two weeks ago. I was going to wait until this was all over before posting this video, but I don't see a point in waiting looking at reports like this, we'll see what happens.

OBAMA "WON" ALREADY!? ACCORDING TO CBS!!!:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB21rFFr3II
Mercurial

BBC coverage is hilarious - that tit dancing round his graphics as per usual and cocking up nearly everything he's trying to say. God, they're inept!

Good quote from Martin Amis on Newsnight earlier on the ir/rationality of the American people and the possibility the Republicans will win - "We must blush for a future where Romney, who believes a returned Jesus Christ will split his time between Jerusalem and Missouri, is the leader of the free world." Nervous laughs all round!
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Hey guys & gals, pardon my absence, just needed to unplug for a while (but nice to know I was missed by some :D).
Thank you for your concern, Mercurial and Reichstag, yes, I am fine and have certainly not succumbed to anything as abhorrent or ridiculous as a political/party ideology that I just read suggested by Antipodean earlier! :lol:
After an initial ‘WTF’, it really did give me a laugh though :P

I’ll clarify anyway, just for the record, as it’s rather apropos while America’s hypnotized populace are participating in the pointless activity of “voting”, aka contributing to the “suggestion box for slaves” as Stefan Molyneux aptly calls it.

I not only saw through the left-right paradigm, political farce and myth of “choice” ages ago but haven’t even voted in over 35 years, despite it being “compulsory” in Australia! I actually discovered the easiest way to avoid being fined for that “disobedience” was to simply never reply to the government letters I got ^_^ At least “voting” isn’t compulsory in the US, not that I could even if I were stupid enough to want to as I’m not (nor interested in becoming) a US Citizen; only a US Resident for the last 17 years.

Here are two of my favorite philosophers on the subject:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeMGqTwWA6U

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igbBItLemsM

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Maat wrote:Hey guys & gals, pardon my absence, [...]
WB Maat, thats my kind of thinking! How can you reply to a fictitious entity anyhow?
"Suggestion Box for Slaves" Love it!
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

brianv wrote: WB Maat, thats my kind of thinking! How can you reply to a fictitious entity anyhow?
Thanks Brian! :D Yep, a "fictitious entity" it is all right, so that's why ignoring them worked :lol: The little drone bureaucrats could only engage with those who believed in and entered their world as real by replying. Unfortunately that only works on silly, unenforceable "laws" like that. <_<
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Maat wrote:
brianv wrote: WB Maat, thats my kind of thinking! How can you reply to a fictitious entity anyhow?
Thanks Brian! :D Yep, a "fictitious entity" it is all right, so that's why ignoring them worked :lol: The little drone bureaucrats could only engage with those who believed in and entered their world as real by replying. Unfortunately that only works on silly, unenforceable "laws" like that. <_<
I've always been a little uncomfortable with Stefan Molyneaux, but that video nails it perfectly. I'd love to put it on disc and deliver it personally to every household on this island full of voting fools.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

brianv wrote: I've always been a little uncomfortable with Stefan Molyneaux, but that video nails it perfectly. I'd love to put it on disc and deliver it personally to every household on this island full of voting fools.
I know what you mean, I've only listened to a few of his, but what he has to say on politics and politicians I've found mostly pretty spot on. :)
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

Great to see you back, Maat :) Glad to hear the rumours weren't true. :lol: