THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
hoi.polloi

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I'd hate to solidify a PDF of this rough edition unless I was certain no better version existed. I am trying to confirm with Simon's copy whether my book is a bootleg with certain omissions or not. If I found some definitive edition, I'd PDF it in a heartbeat!
Mercurial

Unread post by Mercurial »

A great pleasure to be of use!!!

Re the extract I posted - I might go back and edit the styling - it is rather dense. Did anyone read it yet? It's quite subtle but it gave me chills when I first read it a year or so ago.

I was having a hell of a time trying to post it last night - lost the post three times - and kept getting this:

Error 503 Service Unavailable
Service Unavailable
ID: 1943464355

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Another thing, I have never been able to get on to Dave McGowan's site from home it just times out - our provider is Virgin Media - for about a year I thought his site was down. Finally remembered to try to access it from work and found it's fine. It's the only site I've had problems with - seems a bit odd - do you think they're playing silly buggers or it's just a glitch?
Mercurial

Someone's re-formatted it already. Cheers!

edit: I accidently turned the page on my on last post, opps!
agraposo

Unread post by agraposo »

Mercurial wrote:I was having a hell of a time trying to post it last night - lost the post three times - and kept getting this:

Service Unavailable

Another thing, I have never been able to get on to Dave McGowan's site from home it just times out - our provider is Virgin Media - for about a year I thought his site was down. Finally remembered to try to access it from work and found it's fine. It's the only site I've had problems with - seems a bit odd - do you think they're playing silly buggers or it's just a glitch?
Me too, sometimes. And seldom the pages don´t load, as if the connection is slow. No problems with McGowan's site http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

hoipolloi wrote:YES! I would too. I sincerely do not know what phenomenon created the "let's add extra spaces around random characters" instinct, but apparently it was before the Internet. Simon disagrees with me on this point. And seeing as how Simon and Kaysing - two heroes of mine - disagree with me, I am going to just have to let it slide for them. BUT NOT FOR OTHERS! :lol:
I guess it's just a case of both Kaysing and I being space-obsessed individuals! :P

Mercurial, it was me who re-formatted that very interesting article about Victor Legg. I only spaced it out a little, as you see. :)

And yes, last night I was going mad too - trying to post my NOAH story: I kept getting "Error 500" or "Error 503", so I submitted to our hosting service a support ticket asking them, in substance, "what on Earth is going on?" This was their short reply today:
Hi,
We had problems with the attack today too but it should be resolved now.
Go figure... :angry: I really hope these annoying downtimes will go away. Or else, we'll have to migrate to another hosting site - as we (the Cluesforum admins) have been discussing for a while now. Why we haven't done so already is, quite honestly, largely my own fault - as I've been the one hesitating/pussyfooting to re-host the forum. So blame me. Once we'll take a decision, we will of course keep you all informed - well in advance - of any future relocation of Cluesforum.
Mercurial

Thanks Simon. Speaking of admins/mods, have you had any contact with Maat recently? I'm worrying about her, tried her on Skype and no reply.
SmokingGunII

Unread post by SmokingGunII »

Mercurial - I have also had problems connecting to McGowan's site and concluded that the site must have been closed. I am also with Virginmedia. However, I have just tried again and it is loading no problem. Wierd.
simonshack
Administrator

Mercurial wrote:Thanks Simon. Speaking of admins/mods, have you had any contact with Maat recently? I'm worrying about her, tried her on Skype and no reply.
Yes, Mercurial

Maat wrote me an e-mail about a week ago - she's fine but only needed a little break - "just like nonho did" - as she said. I can fully understand this need and profoundly respect it. We all have our daily lives to tend to - and periodical, total 'plug-outs' from the www are physiologically necessary! My recent vacation in a remote farm in rural, Southern Sardinia, for instance - biking and swimming, far from any internet connections - made wonders for my fitness, suntan and brain! :)
I@N

Unread post by I@N »

I@N wrote:Hi Simon, I agree with you.
In these last days I have been debating with my "online/offline" friends.
Considering the short amount of time they usually spend to keep themselves informed on topics like "9/11", and the general "here is the conspirator back!" answer, I have a request.
I am not sure if it's been already done or not (or maybe partially on the site), but I think we would need a short page/section of the forum where, in a world where Twitter like communication rules, we could display something like:
- "Top 10 impossible pictures on 9/11"
- "Top 10 impossible screenshots on 9/11"
- "Top 10 short videos on 9/11"
- "Top 10 FAQ"
- "Top 10 digital victims (VicSims)", etc.

Doing so we could forward the link to the skeptic friends and hope to get better immediate results back.
What do you think?
I@N
Up! Simon you promised me you could work on it ^_^
I do think we need something like that...
Thanks.
IAN
Mercurial

So glad to hear she's well. Thanks for letting me know.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

agraposo wrote:
Mercurial wrote:I was having a hell of a time trying to [post] connect last night

Service Unavailable

Ditto
lux

Unread post by lux »

me three
simonshack
Administrator

I@N wrote: Up! Simon you promised me you could work on it ^_^
I do think we need something like that...
Thanks.
IAN
Dearest I@N

You also promised me a barbecue night at your place - quite some time ago! :P

No, seriously: I fully agree that this should be done. I promise, once again, that I'll get down to it - time and life permitting. I'm only human - and do go through some lazy spells like everyone else (but the evil perps!). :)
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Some links on Cultural De-Programming and escaping from "Word" Prison.

http://www.angelfire.com/nd/danscorpio/index.html

+ all the links at the bottom and the subsequent links on each page!

http://www.generalsemantics.org/wp-cont ... urland.pdf

Prepare to be blown away!
Last edited by brianv on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

whoopsie.