THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Post Reply
brianv
Member
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by brianv » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:45 am

simonshack wrote:*

I'm currently catching up on the forum's activity - seems like it's been kept pretty flowing in my absence! :)
I thought it was going to be more like - "I leave the class-room for five bloody minutes and look at the place!"

Alfie
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Alfie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:50 am


simonshack
Administrator
Posts: 6953
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: italy
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by simonshack » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:13 pm

Admin notice (for Fbenario): Fred, I merged your "What caused the Big Bang to start?" post/new thread into the CHATBOX: http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p2375346

As a general rule, I think that anyone who starts a new forum topic should at least make the effort of submitting a personal, introductory argumentation - and not only a quoted passage from some other author/website. Hope you won't mind me doing so - and that everyone will kindly keep this in mind whenever starting a new forum topic. Thanks.

reichstag fireman
Member
Posts: 466
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 1:09 am

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by reichstag fireman » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:19 pm

brianv wrote:
simonshack wrote:*I'm currently catching up on the forum's activity - seems like it's been kept pretty flowing in my absence! :)
I thought it was going to be more like - "I leave the class-room for five bloody minutes and look at the place!"
Or... While the Cat's Away, the Mice Will Play <_< except the forum now has an infestation of vermin. :o

Alfie
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Alfie » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:07 pm

I would have to wonder why you think it's necessary or even appropriate to have a topic discussing God on this forum which focuses on psyops and media fakery.
Religion focuses on psyops and media fakery. :mellow: Isn't it the original psyop?
Not disagreeing with your wish to not discuss, just ..

sometimes when you meet intelligent people the big bigger biggest ideas come to question, its not such a bad thing to discuss is it?

simonshack
Administrator
Posts: 6953
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: italy
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by simonshack » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Alfie wrote:
I would have to wonder why you think it's necessary or even appropriate to have a topic discussing God on this forum which focuses on psyops and media fakery.
Religion focuses on psyops and media fakery. :mellow: Isn't it the original psyop?
Not disagreeing with your wish to not discuss, just ..

sometimes when you meet intelligent people the big bigger biggest ideas come to question, its not such a bad thing to discuss is it?
The sentence you quoted should be understood in its context - as it was addressed, with no irony intended, to a believer of, I presume, ( but I may be mistaken) the christian God. Hence, my underlying question was "why would a believer want to discuss/debate what is essentially a personal act of faith?"

Having said that, I 'd suggest we talk over this matter here in the CHATBOX. I'll be open to anyone's suggestions of given religious topics, insofar as they can help us better understand the world we live in - and not just provide an umpteenth platform / battleground for believers vs non-believers. To be sure, I am in two minds about my wish to set a few limits to this forum's discussion topics - but if someone opens a topic to discuss, say, whether perhaps our planet may be remotely ruled by a secret government based on Pluto, I will certainly not think twice before locking such a thread. I do sincerely hope no one interprets this as some form of close-mindedness on my part or - God forbid ^_^ - some type of censorship...

brianv
Member
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by brianv » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:40 pm

"God" is a chemical in the brain. Some have more of it than others, some, like me, dont have any!

Alfie
Member
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Alfie » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:16 pm

simonshack wrote:
Alfie wrote:
I would have to wonder why you think it's necessary or even appropriate to have a topic discussing God on this forum which focuses on psyops and media fakery.
Religion focuses on psyops and media fakery. :mellow: Isn't it the original psyop?
Not disagreeing with your wish to not discuss, just ..

sometimes when you meet intelligent people the big bigger biggest ideas come to question, its not such a bad thing to discuss is it?
The sentence you quoted should be understood in its context - as it was addressed, with no irony intended, to a believer of, I presume, ( but I may be mistaken) the christian God. Hence, my underlying question was "why would a believer want to discuss/debate what is essentially a personal act of faith?"

Having said that, I 'd suggest we talk over this matter here in the CHATBOX. I'll be open to anyone's suggestions of given religious topics, insofar as they can help us better understand the world we live in - and not just provide an umpteenth platform / battleground for believers vs non-believers. To be sure, I am in two minds about my wish to set a few limits to this forum's discussion topics - but if someone opens a topic to discuss, say, whether perhaps our planet may be remotely ruled by a secret government based on Pluto, I will certainly not think twice before locking such a thread. I do sincerely hope no one interprets this as some form of close-mindedness on my part or - God forbid - some type of censorship... ^_^
Its a subject that I find fascinating but as you say "essentially a personal act of faith". I'm not religious but I have been subjected to the BBC propaganda for several years converting me to atheism, and it was a coincidence of me wanting to post in said topic on the day it closes and on a Sunday - that amused me for some reason. :wacko:

Your key phrase - a personal act of faith - I couldn't agree more and in no way was I suggesting a faith argument. Thanks.

Euphoria
Member
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:33 pm

Masons and police pretending to be Christians

Unread post by Euphoria » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:07 pm

It seems the masonic perps are highly adept at pretending to be Christians, while atheism is heavily promoted to the public (via outlets like the BBC). The Beeb makes sure Christianity is covered only as a minority interest, which can be useful for propaganda purposes.

Sir Peter Fahy springs to mind:

Image

Greater Manchester's Chief Constable Sir Peter Fahy said a prayer vigil would also be held on Tuesday, a week on from the officers' deaths.

Speaking to the BBC's Songs of Praise in an interview, Sir Peter said the force was a "family" and his faith was important to him after the "very, very dark day".


http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-19685022

fbenario
Member
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:49 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by fbenario » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:43 am

Libero wrote:Here's a bonus shot from Vasquez Rocks that I pulled over to catch on my way back home. You might recognize this place from many movies, commercials etc...

Image
Reminds me of my fave outcroppings, the Flatirons, Boulder, CO. (Sorry, can't get the images below to show.)

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X ... x=75&ty=61

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&sa=X ... 80&bih=871

fbenario
Member
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:49 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by fbenario » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:47 am

Alfie wrote:Duck!

there's a poodle about to bite your ear off!

Image

http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?i ... bf5.119990
Or a salamander, more like!

fbenario
Member
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:49 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by fbenario » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:48 am

simonshack wrote:Admin notice (for Fbenario): Fred, I merged your "What caused the Big Bang to start?" post/new thread into the CHATBOX: http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p2375346

As a general rule, I think that anyone who starts a new forum topic should at least make the effort of submitting a personal, introductory argumentation - and not only a quoted passage from some other author/website. Hope you won't mind me doing so - and that everyone will kindly keep this in mind whenever starting a new forum topic. Thanks.
Sorry, Simon, my bad, won't do it again.

brianv
Member
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by brianv » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:33 pm

FAO Admin.
I had trouble connecting this evening and when I did the site was reacting strangely to clicks, pages jumping up and down. I was about to post in the RayGun thread and was thrown out to the front page. Might be just a bad connection or it could be something more insidious! Thought I'd better say to be on the safe-side!

Heiwa
Banned
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:20 pm
Contact:

Re: THE "CHATBOX" + Monica Almeida and Mark Barfknecht

Unread post by Heiwa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Monica Almeida takes pictures for NYT, e.g.
Image
Monica Almeida/The New York Times
Mark Barfknecht has had dead intestine removed; his doctor is in the early stages of finding a way to grow replacement tissue.

What is going on here?

Aha: "The intestine was still attached, at one end, to Mark Barfknecht, a 1-year-old whose pink cheeks belied the reason he was lying on an operating table" http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/18/healt ... rgans.html
while Monica was taking pictures of one year old Mark with three hands keeping him down and two tubes attached ... and NYT publishes it. :lol: :D :P :lol: :D :P

hoi.polloi
Member
Posts: 5061
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by hoi.polloi » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:18 am

brianv wrote:FAO Admin.
I had trouble connecting this evening and when I did the site was reacting strangely to clicks, pages jumping up and down. I was about to post in the RayGun thread and was thrown out to the front page. Might be just a bad connection or it could be something more insidious! Thought I'd better say to be on the safe-side!
Please feel free to post incidents like this here. Or even a "CLUESFORUM.info hack warning" thread. Thanks.

Post Reply