GETTING THE WORD OUT!

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby AnOrdinaryAmerican on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:24 pm

simonshack wrote:
AnOrdinaryAmerican wrote:

Wow! :huh: You're not the first one who tells me this!
Please, folks: How many of you cannot see the little donate button at the bottom of this page? :blink:
http://www.septemberclues.info/contact.htm


Dear Simon,
Ok, yes I see the Donate Button. Sorry about that. It was a misunderstanding of which page you were meaning.
AOA
AnOrdinaryAmerican
Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:22 am

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby fbenario on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:44 pm

To the extent this was done in good faith, it's the first time that anyone has ever complimented me like this. Of my absurdly over-numerous 3,500 Facebook friends, Baum is the first-ever I'm aware that I influenced. Look at the 5th entry down.

Image
fbenario
Member
 
Posts: 2231
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:49 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby hoi.polloi on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:04 pm

Cool, thanks for your persistent efforts, fbenario!

Simon and I just acquired another year of hosting for the highly trafficked http://www.septemberclues.info !

Yay! B)

Here is our summary for the last year or so:

Image

I noticed that the Naudet video I uploaded is draining a lot of bandwidth. We can afford it more recently, but I think we should consider taking it down and promoting nonhocapito's torrent of the three Naudet versions instead of having the FLV ... which is kinda big. Would that be okay with everyone?
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5061
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby Extremophile on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:55 am

hoi.polloi wrote:
I noticed that the Naudet video I uploaded is draining a lot of bandwidth. We can afford it more recently, but I think we should consider taking it down and promoting nonhocapito's torrent of the three Naudet versions instead of having the FLV ... which is kinda big. Would that be okay with everyone?


Isn't is more efficient to use Vimeo or Youtube to stream it from? Or is there a copyright issue involved?
Instead of torrents, you could also use the file upload site http://www.myupload.dk It does have a 500MB limit per file though. I recommend that site since it's fast, reliable and doesn't have advertisements, waittime restrictions or captchas.
Extremophile
Member
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:12 am

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby hoi.polloi on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:52 pm

It's huge - like 1.5 gigs. And hours long ... not really worth uploading in pieces. I think we can take it down later if it gets to be a bigger issue. I guess for now it's okay.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5061
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby simonshack on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:20 pm

hoi.polloi wrote:Cool, thanks for your persistent efforts, fbenario!

Simon and I just acquired another year of hosting for the highly trafficked http://www.septemberclues.info !

Yay! B)

Here is our summary for the last year or so:


:) Just to keep up the good mood - the views of my Youtube videos just topped the 1 million mark this week ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/simonshack?feature=mhum
simonshack
Administrator
 
Posts: 6773
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: italy

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby grav on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:12 am

I just started a youtube channel and want to focus it entirely on media fakery and controlled opposition in truth media.

Haven't done much video work before but I slapped this together tonight. Pretty messy but wondering if I'm getting the point across. I basically just want to help plant the seed that all popular news media is fake to anyone that hasn't been exposed to that possibility.

check it out if you got a minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYieVwIWmmo
grav
Member
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby I@N on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:41 pm

Nice video grav.
Maybe I would have changed the title to something less scary for the many. I don't know, something as "(do not accept) fake video in the news" , just as you say.
I@N
Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:29 am
Location: Rome-Italy

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby grav on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:51 pm

thanks, yea, i'd like to stray from the whole "you're under attack!" type vibe that you get everywhere else.
grav
Member
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby grav on Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:25 pm

i've just put together a video mixing footage of the 3/11 Japan Tsunami and some clips from the Hereafter tsunami scene and another CGI film. also added a skype call with a man named Richard living in Sendai, Japan, immediately following the disaster, who seems quite relaxed for a person who just had their coastline washed away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FouO494JNhE
grav
Member
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby simonshack on Sun May 01, 2011 2:59 am

grav wrote:I just started a youtube channel and want to focus it entirely on media fakery and controlled opposition in truth media.

Haven't done much video work before but I slapped this together tonight. Pretty messy but wondering if I'm getting the point across. I basically just want to help plant the seed that all popular news media is fake to anyone that hasn't been exposed to that possibility.

check it out if you got a minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYieVwIWmmo


Grav...

You are doing a damn good job! :)

I strongly recommend watching these two videos by our forum member Grav:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYieVwIWmmo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FouO494JNhE
simonshack
Administrator
 
Posts: 6773
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: italy

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby brianv on Sun May 01, 2011 10:23 am

simonshack wrote:
grav wrote:I just started a youtube channel and want to focus it entirely on media fakery and controlled opposition in truth media.

Haven't done much video work before but I slapped this together tonight. Pretty messy but wondering if I'm getting the point across. I basically just want to help plant the seed that all popular news media is fake to anyone that hasn't been exposed to that possibility.

check it out if you got a minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYieVwIWmmo


Grav...

You are doing a damn good job! :)

I strongly recommend watching these two videos by our forum member Grav:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYieVwIWmmo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FouO494JNhE


One of my friends is dead! Millions of witnesses! It's amazing how these trolls found you so quickly! It's not really!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ksr1219

joined 2009, 3 "videos", 11 views hahahahaha, United States, University student.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mtktm

Channel Views: 303
Total Upload Views: 1,656
Age: 28
Joined:
Jul 13, 2006
Last Visit Date:
1 hour ago
Subscribers:0
Country:United States

Ask him for his "friend's" name!!

Always save the best for last

http://www.youtube.com/user/indomgl5

currently running at :

Channel Views:3
Total Upload Views:0
Age:29
Joined:Aug 25, 2010
Last Visit Date:1 hour ago
Subscribers:0
Country:Indonesia

last and only activity ever 1 hour ago!

Now do a funky video and feature the commenters and their channels...!!
brianv
Member
 
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby grav on Sun May 01, 2011 8:59 pm

seems the video is attracting a little attention, all sorts of sketchy accounts posting there. well at least they're bringing my view count up, though i'm sure it will be capped or reduced eventually.

what is it with these youtube accounts? they always have this generic group of video favorites (not really anything indicating a formulated interest or hobby) and then a few robotic comments "Hey! Thanks for subbing me!" never anything that appears intelligent or thought-out. it would be interesting to do an analysis of how to spot a likely fake internet persona.
grav
Member
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby brianv on Sun May 01, 2011 9:27 pm

grav wrote:seems the video is attracting a little attention, all sorts of sketchy accounts posting there. well at least they're bringing my view count up, though i'm sure it will be capped or reduced eventually.

what is it with these youtube accounts? they always have this generic group of video favorites (not really anything indicating a formulated interest or hobby) and then a few robotic comments "Hey! Thanks for subbing me!" never anything that appears intelligent or thought-out. it would be interesting to do an analysis of how to spot a likely fake internet persona.


Erudite and higly qualified as social commenters

douglaspotterpress favourited a video "Family Guy - Mario Rescues Princess Mario defeats Bowser and rescues Princess Peach and then they get into a little fight."

Joined in 2006, 3 subs!
brianv
Member
 
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Getting the word out!

Unread postby grav on Sun May 01, 2011 11:34 pm

brianv wrote:
grav wrote:seems the video is attracting a little attention, all sorts of sketchy accounts posting there. well at least they're bringing my view count up, though i'm sure it will be capped or reduced eventually.

what is it with these youtube accounts? they always have this generic group of video favorites (not really anything indicating a formulated interest or hobby) and then a few robotic comments "Hey! Thanks for subbing me!" never anything that appears intelligent or thought-out. it would be interesting to do an analysis of how to spot a likely fake internet persona.


Erudite and higly qualified as social commenters

douglaspotterpress favourited a video "Family Guy - Mario Rescues Princess Mario defeats Bowser and rescues Princess Peach and then they get into a little fight."

Joined in 2006, 3 subs!


Yea that guy ^^ has his profession listed as a Doctor, too.

here's a 2006 account, 1 sub. his friend's dad died in the tsunami!

http://www.youtube.com/user/nhanhnhurua#p/f
grav
Member
 
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to THE LIVING ROOM

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest