Vaccinations: The Medical, Legal, and Social Implications

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
ICfreely

Re: Vaccinations: The Medical, Legal, and Social Implication

Unread post by ICfreely »

I recently came across a thread titled "Do viruses exist?" over at thenakedscientists.com.

First post:
Atkhenaken

Do viruses exist?
« on: 31/08/2016 02:48:51 »

I believe that viruses don't exist and nobody has ever seen a virus. The concept of the virus was first thought up when it was discovered that bacteria are not responsible for making people sick. Thus, they had to come up with a new form of germ which could account for the existence of disease. When you look at pictures of so called 'viruses' they generally all look the same. They are just tiny uniform blobs. I believe these blobs are just fugal material which has been incubated on a petri dish. The concept of a virus is illogical because viruses don't have any means of locomotion or any sensory organs. Thus, they can't protect themselves or hunt their prey. Thus, they are an illogical organism which is incapable of surviving for more than a second or two. The virus would be incapable of entering a cell wall because (a) it wouldn't be able to detect or find the cell wall. (b) It wouldn't have any means of digging a hole through the wall.

Thus, as we can plainly see, the virus is a totally illogical 'life form'. The conception of the virus is just a money making scam which provides pharmaceutical companies with the opportunity to make billions of dollars from gullible people who will buy chemical concoctions which supposedly kill said 'viruses'.

So what causes disease then? The answer is that the modern diet is responsible. Sugar, grain, dairy and alcohol are all unnatural products which the human digestive system can't cope with and many people get sick because of this. That accounts for 98% of all disease. The other 2% of disease can be blamed on consumption of fecal material, pesticides, fungicides, heavy metals and halogens. (chlorine, fluorine and bromine)

https://www.thenakedscientists.com/foru ... ic=68196.0

First reply:
syhprum
Naked Science Forum King!

Re: Do viruses exist?

« Reply #1 on: 31/08/2016 09:36:49 »
I checked the date it is not the first of April 1 ! how did this bizarre post sneak in ?

Fourth reply:
chiralSPO

« Reply #4 on: 31/08/2016 16:56:39 »

Some people also suffer from a combination of ignorance and arrogance.

This thread appears to be focused on the thesis that virology is a conspiracy. Therefore I have moved it to the "that CAN'T be true" sub-forum, where widely accepted science can be dismissed.

Atkhenaken asked some intriguing questions only to be met with ridicule and get bombarded with posts quoting Wikipedia ad nauseum. And in less than a month the thread got locked.
jeffreyH

« Reply #137 on: 25/09/2016 10:09:32 »

If you can't accept the science then the thread is pointless. Which I why it has been locked.

So it's a foregone conclusion that "viruses" exist. The "science" is settled. Anyone who has the temerity to question their existence will have their sanity questioned.

Why Did God Make Viruses?
by Dr. Jean Lightner on November 7, 2014

Given our current knowledge of viruses, it is quite reasonable to believe that disease-causing viruses are descended from viruses that were once not harmful.

The creation model predicts that degenerative changes can occur because mankind sinned and brought death into the world. :rolleyes:

https://answersingenesis.org/biology/mi ... e-viruses/

Pot, meet kettle! :D
ICfreely

Science or Ideology?

You can read the following article in its entirety and decide for yourself.

Genetic Literacy Project – Science not Ideology

Humans would not exist if viruses hadn’t intervened in our evolution
Nicholas Staropoli | November 3, 2016

In one of the most memorable scenes from the 1999 blockbuster hit The Matrix, the antagonist, Agent Smith, a sentient computer program, interrogates rebel leader Morpheus by ‘hacking’ into his brain. As Smith waits for the information he needs, he infamously compares humans to a virus:
You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.
Many interpret Smith’s monologue as a plea for environmentalism—an attempt to wake up humanity to the way we treat our planet and its natural resources. Viruses are parasites and as such are inherently bad. They cause devastating diseases—AIDS, cervical cancer, and the flu—which have led to a great deal of human suffering. Humanity has gone so far as to banish two viruses from the planet, Rinderpest and Small Pox, and are close to removing a third, polio.

But Smith’s sermon may hit a little closer to reality than even the movie’s writers, Lana [Laurence] and Lily [Andrew] Wachowski, realize. It turns out that human evolution has been strongly driven by these ‘undead,’ parasitic particles and without their intervention we might not even be here.

How viruses work

On their own viruses can’t do much and most scientists don’t count them among the living organisms of this planet. They generally operate by gaining access to the interior of a cell (human or otherwise) in order to take control of the cell’s machinery. Once in command of a cell, the viruses turn their host into a virus factory. Eventually, thousands of newly minted viruses burst out of the infected host, which move on to the next cell, and the cycle repeats.

Some viruses can incorporate their genetic material into the host’s genome. This is how, for example, the human papillomavirus virus (HPV) causes cervical cancer. HPV’s genome carries several genes that can trigger a human cell to become carcinogenic.

When viral DNA is inserted into the genome of a sperm or egg (instead of a cervical cell as is the case with HPV and cervical cancer), the sequence can be passed on to the next generation, and possibly even spread through the human gene pool. While this has happened with some frequency—researchers estimate that there are about 100,000 fragments of viruses in the human genome or over 8 percent of our DNA—most of these sequences don’t cause much of a stir. But in a few cases, their impact has been extraordinary.

Making humans human

Viruses have played a significant role in shaping many of the traits that make us unique and distinguish us from our relatives. According to Stanford University researcher David Enard, a whopping 30 percent of all protein adaptations since humans’ divergence with chimpanzees have been driven by viruses. Many of these genes are associated with immune function—which is to be expected. But Enard and his colleagues have found that many of these actually have no known or discernable immune function:
The big advancement here is that it’s not only very specialized immune proteins that adapt against viruses. Pretty much any type of protein that comes into contact with viruses can participate in the adaptation against viruses. It turns out that there is at least as much adaptation outside of the immune response as within it.
To some degree, this is to be expected. All the organisms that humans have ever interacted with throughout our evolutionary history have shaped our species. But viruses are unique because they can directly add novel genes to our gene pools. The gene for a protein called syncytin is one such case.Syncytin is made primarily by the cells of the placenta that make contact with the uterus. The protein allows these cells to fuse into a single layer which is vital to ensure the fetus can easily draw nutrients from the mother. No syncytin, no fusion. The gene for syncytin likely came from a virus where it helped viruses to fuse neighboring host cells together—allowing easier spread to neighboring cells. Scientists are certain of the viral origin of this gene because it appears in the same spot in the genomes of humans, monkeys, gorillas and chimpanzees. Furthermore, the sequences are nearly identical. The best way to explain this, scientists say, is that a virus inserted the gene into the genome of a common ancestor to these primates, and the gene was so beneficial that it has been strongly favored, and left unchanged, by natural selection ever since.

Humans have two different syncytin proteins, both thought to be viral in origin. Altogether scientists have identified six in several different mammalian species: mice, rabbits, cats and dogs. The genes are not all the identical, though, which means different viruses infected, and left behind, unique versions of these syncytin genes.

While much of the focus of these genes has been on their role in the placenta, recent findings suggest that syncytin may be important in other organs in which the fusion of cells is vital—such as muscle cells. Mice that lack one of the syncytin genes (syncytin-B to be exact) appear about 1/5th smaller than normal littermates—a phenomenon that is only seen in males. Studies of cell cultures of sheep, dogs and humans are consistent with this finding. It is still unclear how, but scientists believe that syncytin-B contributes to the differences in muscle mass between the genders.

What led to complex animals on Earth?

Another protein which also has a viral origin and is important for cell fusion is EFF-1. The gene for EFF-1, or very similar versions of it, appears in many species, including humans. This protein was initially characterized as vital for the development of the skin of the roundworm, Caenorhabditis elegans. But some scientists are beginning to think that both EFF-1 and syncytin have roles much larger than merely placenta and roundworm skin formation.

There’s a growing belief that the viral insertion of these (and maybe other) cell fusion genes into the genomes of early single-celled organisms may have been the spark that led to all multicellular life on this planet.

“That’s the gut feeling we have,” Fasseli Coulibaly from Monash University in Melbourne, Australia told New Scientist. “It’s the most enticing hypothesis but as scientists, we need to look into it. If this is true, that’s a huge advance.”

Coulibaly explains that early single-celled organisms could have clumped together, but without the ability to physically fuse they could not have formed advanced any multi-cellular life, let alone humans.

“Before cells can make something like skin or a digestive tract in nematodes – or as soon as you are thinking muscles or bones in mammals – usually you need some kind of fusion,” he has written.

Felix Rey of the Pasteur Institute in Paris, France, who has done extensive work on EFF-1’s function and structure, is on board with this hypothesis, told New Scientist, “This makes me think that viruses have contributed enormously to the communication between cells, and to the appearance of multicellular organisms on Earth.”

In a way, the role of viruses on our planet is kind of an ironic one. Most scientists agree viruses are not living, but without their intervention among the living, complex life (including us) would not exist on this planet. And when you think of them in those terms, Agent Smith’s “insult” may not be such a bad thing after all.

Nicholas Staropoli is the director of the Epigenetics Literacy Project. He has an M.A. in biology from DePaul University and a B.S. in biomedical sciences from Marist College. Follow him on Twitter @NickfrmBoston.

The GLP featured this article to reflect the diversity of news, opinion and analysis. The viewpoint is the author’s own. The GLP’s goal is to stimulate constructive discourse on challenging science issues.

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2016 ... evolution/

i·de·ol·o·gy
/ˌīdēˈäləjē,ˌidēˈäləjē/

noun: ideology; plural noun: ideologies

a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy.
"the ideology of republicanism"
synonyms: beliefs, ideas, ideals, principles, doctrine, creed, credo, teaching, dogma, theory, thesis, tenets, canon(s); conviction(s), persuasion, opinions, position, ethics, morals
"the party has to jettison outdated ideology"
the ideas and manner of thinking characteristic of a group, social class, or individual.
"a critique of bourgeois ideology"
archaic
the science of ideas; the study of their origin and nature.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

William Tebb on Vaccination and Leprosy

Dear Cluesforumers,

First I would like to send my thanks and recognition to two Cluesforumers – Sharpstuff and ICfreely who were able to kick me in the right direction regarding medicine and one of its basic paradigms. I now realize that the current ideas on infection, bacteria and viruses are BS. For anyone interested I highly recommend this book on the matter (which was pointed out to me by the previously mentioned gentlemen):
http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/history/b ... asteur.pdf
The significance of this is comparable to that the Copernican model is wrong in astronomy.

And as we know, perspective is everything. So realizing as Florence Nightingale is quoted in the above book that Disease is one thing and that what we call diseases are in fact different manifestations of disease, I went to old books to see what “diseases” that was commonplace historically and how those might relate to the types “diseases” we have today. In the 19th century Leprosy was a common disease and many doctors were researching the cause and suitable treatments for this malady. One you have probably heard of is Hansen who became known for having discovered the so called Mycobacterium leprae that is thought to be the cause of Leprosy even though all experiments to strengthen this hypothesis have failed. One you probably have never heard of however is Jonathan Hutchinson. Hutchinson saw a connection between leprosy and fermented/rotten/bad foods. Especially dried, salted and fermented fish that was a very commonplace food before the invention of the refrigerator and general improvement of food production and the ability for people to have access to fresh food.
https://archive.org/details/b21353359/page/n8

Now what if the so called western diseases (Heart disease, cancer, diabetes, demntia etc) are the same symptoms of disease that historically were called leprosy, tuberculosis, syphilis etc? And that the Nutwork have found ways to engineer our lifestyles, foods, medicine etc to bring these maladies back? If the eating of putrefied fish that contains oxidized unsaturated fat was a problem, then is it a far stretch to hypothesize that the chemically oxidized vegetable oils that are used in practically all industrial foods is a problem as well?

And this also gets interesting in terms of vaccination. A gentleman by the name of William Tebb wrote many books and pamphlets in the 19th century on the problem with vaccination and believed this practice to be a major cause of Leprosy:
https://archive.org/search.php?query=cr ... William%22

Apologies for keeping this short. I don’t have time to go into this more at the moment but still wanted to get it up on the forum and enable other to research this as well.

Regarding my previous endorsement of Thomas Seyfried who I have now realized is using a faulty paradigm - I still believe him to be an honest researcher and that his findings are correct. He has discovered that a ketogenic calorie restricted diet can reverse cancer. And if the underlying cause of cancer as well as leprosy and other diseases (except those caused by parasites), are malnutrition and toxification, then this shows that a diet high in natural fats and fasting can resolve these problems.

All the best and may reason prevail /Patrik
ICfreely

Re: Vaccinations: The Medical, Legal, and Social Implications

RING the church bells and light the menorahs!

FDA approves an Ebola vaccine, long in development, for the first time
Helen Branswell
December 19, 2019

The Food and Drug Administration announced Thursday it has approved an Ebola vaccine developed by Merck, making it the first for the deadly disease approved in the United States.

The vaccine, Ervebo, protects against Zaire ebolaviruses, the species of the virus that has been the most common cause of Ebola outbreaks. Ebola Zaire is the virus responsible for the current long-running outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

The FDA’s decision follows similar action taken earlier by the European Commission, which licensed the vaccine on Nov. 11.

“Ebola virus disease is a rare but severe and often deadly disease that knows no borders,” Dr. Peter Marks, director of the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, said in a statement. “Vaccination is essential to help prevent outbreaks and to stop the Ebola virus from spreading when outbreaks do occur.”

The road to approval has been long for this vaccine, which will likely be stockpiled by some countries — the United States among them — as a hedge against a possible bioterrorism attack. :ph34r:

https://www.statnews.com/2019/12/19/fda ... irst-time/

At the risk of sounding repetitive, vaccinations cause outbreaks which are then blamed on "viruses", leading to more vaccinations.

Ever get the feeling...?

"I am the only free man on this train." Klaus Kinski from Doctor Zhivago

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfzBIab5aqs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfzBIab5aqs
ICfreely

Iranian press review: Fatal flu kills 81 as sanctions make vaccines scarce
https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/iran ... -sanctions

:rolleyes:

I think my fellow Iranians could do without this type of "aid." It definitely shouldn't be mandatory like it is in America.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

ICfreely wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:38 am
Iranian press review: Fatal flu kills 81 as sanctions make vaccines scarce
https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/iran ... -sanctions

:rolleyes:

I think my fellow Iranians could do without this type of "aid." It definitely shouldn't be mandatory like it is in America.
Agreed. Though, just to be clear, this so-called vaccination is not per se mandatory in the United States. That said, there are undoubtedly certain people in a variety of occupational capacities who face the heavy hand of coercion as it pertains to certain vaccinations.
ICfreely

Re: Vaccinations: The Legal, Social, and Medical Implication

ICfreely wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:20 pm
aa5 wrote:Contrarian argument for you guys. If I was one of the ultra-elite rulers, and I was well aware that vaccines were not real, I might still permit the vaccines to be given anyways. Well not the current vaccines, but I am talking pure sugar water injections.

I suspect that’s what the Native American diplomats who were given the smallpox vaccine by Edward Gantt in 1801 received – a harmless injection. That’s what I’d do if I wanted to gain the confidence of the people they represented before poisoning them. I wonder how many people took AZT after Magic Johnson went public with his “personal battle” against HIV/AIDS?

A short history of Smallpox Vaccine

…A young calf would receive 30-50 three inch long deep scratches or cuts, while a young cow would endure 100-150 such three inch long cuts would be made in its belly. Into these cuts would be rubbed some lymph or pus from a human suffering from small pox. The calf or young cow would then be confined in a stall in which its head was confined so that it could not lick its wounds. After a week, the vaccinator would return with a special pliers to harvest a combination of blood watered down with lymph. Some pus, a few hairs and scabs were also harvested. The hair and scabs were then filtered out with a fine bronze screen. The resultant “pure” blood/lymph mixture would then be stabilized with glycerin. Later polymyxcin B sulfate, streptomycin sulfate, chlortetracycline hydrochloride, and neomycin sulfate were added.

http://www.vaclib.org/legal/MTstate/smallpox.pdf

That’s how vaccines were produced in the days of (master mason/fellow of the Royal Society) Edward Jenner. We’ve come a long way since then.

Do Vaccines Contain Aborted Fetal Tissue?
By Lisa Jo Rudy | Medically reviewed by Joel Forman, MD
Updated November 21, 2018

While there is no actual fetal tissue in vaccines, some vaccines do have a tenuous link to fetal tissue.

Certain vaccines, including the Mumps Measles Rubella (MMR) vaccine, contain live [?] attenuated (weakened) viruses which can stimulate immunity but cannot cause disease. The viruses are cultured in aborted fetal tissue cells. The cells were obtained more than 50 years ago, as a result of elective abortions — and today the cells are more than three generations removed from their origin.

Regarding the MMR vaccine, the CDC states:

"The rubella vaccine virus is cultured in human cell-line cultures, and some of these cell lines originated from aborted fetal tissue, obtained from legal abortions in the 1960's. No new fetal tissue is needed to produce cell lines to make these vaccines, now or in the future. Fetal tissue is not used to produce vaccines; cell lines generated from a single fetal tissue source are used; vaccine manufacturers obtain human cell lines from FDA-certified cell banks. After processing, very little, if any, of that tissue, remains in the vaccine."

So if there is any tiny residual cellular material in a vaccine, it is from these cell lines. Although these cell lines originated in aborted fetal tissue decades ago, there is no aborted fetal tissue itself in the vaccine.

For Those With Ethical Concerns

For those who are still uncomfortable with this revelation, it might be helpful to know that the Vatican has actually taken a stand on the issue. The Vatican's Pontifical Academy for Life issued a statement in 2005 saying that, though it is wrong to make vaccines using aborted fetal tissue, and that such practices should no longer be employed, it is acceptable to use vaccines developed from abortions that were carried out decades ago, because immunizations play a vital role in protecting life by preventing illness and death.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/do-vacci ... sue-260337
[Note by SCS: I have backed up the above article here as a .pdf.]

You see folks, modern vaccines are not only FDA-certified but they’re approved by the Vicar of Christ himself. If the earthly representative of Christ (a man who’s authorized to absolve sins) has given his blessing, then who are we mere mortals to question his heavenly wisdom?

MORAL REFLECTIONS ON VACCINES PREPARED FROM CELLS DERIVED FROM ABORTED HUMAN FOETUSES
http://www.immunize.org/talking-about-v ... cument.htm

Would the Pontiff kindly reconsider his stance?
ICfreely

File this under:

Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

ICfreely wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:21 pm File this under: When the $chitt hits the fan

Facebook Considers Removing Anti-Vaccine Information from Site

Rep. Adam Schiff wrote a letter to the company expressing his concern over the misinformation spread on Facebook.

By Alexa Lardieri, Staff Writer Feb. 15, 2019, at 3:29 p.m.

Facebook on Friday said it will explore removing content from its site that promotes conspiracies about vaccines.

The social media giant told Bloomberg that it will look into removing false and misleading information on vaccines from software systems that recommend related content on the site.

Content spreading false information or discouraging people from getting their children vaccinated has gone viral [ :rolleyes: h the irony] on Facebook, especially within groups created on the platform. The misinformation campaign has become severe enough for one lawmaker to write to Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, urging him to take action.

Rep. Adam Schiff, a Democrat from California, wrote a letter Thursday "out of my concern that Facebook and Instagram are surfacing and recommending messages that discourage parents from vaccinating their children."

Facebook acquired Instagram in 2012 for $1 billion.

Schiff said the information is a "direct threat to public health" and that it undoes "progress made in tackling vaccine-preventable diseases." He said that "the dissemination of unfounded and debunked theories about the dangers of vaccination pose a great risk [to shysters like us]."

In response, Facebook said it is "exploring additional measures to best combat the problem," which may include "reducing or removing this type of content from recommendations, including Groups You Should Join, and demoting it in search results, while also ensuring that higher quality and more authoritative information is available."

The announcement comes amid a nationwide measles outbreak
that has led to a state of emergency in Washington. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 101 cases of measles have been reported in at least 10 states so far this year compared to 372 cases all of last year. Measles is a highly contagious viral disease that is preventable with a vaccine.

Schiff wrote that the World Health Organization listed the reluctance and refusal to get vaccines as a top global health threat in 2019. He requested that Facebook provide more information on the way it provides accurate information to users and encouraged the company to "consider additional steps … to address this growing problem," citing YouTube's recent decision to stop recommending conspiracy or inaccurate videos as an example.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... -from-site

Full steam ahead, boys.

Smash the BERGS and break some ICE, mon amis!
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

ICfreely wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:38 pm Content spreading false information or discouraging people from getting their children vaccinated has gone viral [ :rolleyes: h the irony] on Facebook, especially within groups created on the platform.
Priceless. Just priceless. :P
OpticalIllusion

Unread post by OpticalIllusion »

*Edit just noticed that I have already posted a picture of these cards previously. Can an admin/mod delete?
I have been handing these out for about 4 years now. I got about 2,000 left. I leave them in places such as gas pump cc readers, diaper boxes, public card boards at local businesses, public bathrooms, any table i can sneak one on, and any other place I feel it may lead to some one popping on one of the sites mentioned on the back. I even had room to include this forum. Not sure if anyone actually made it this far yet though? :unsure:
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

OpticalIllusion wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:15 pm *Edit just noticed that I have already posted a picture of these cards previously. Can an admin/mod delete?
I have been handing these out for about 4 years now. I got about 2,000 left. I leave them in places such as gas pump . . . ]
Dear OpticalIllusion,

If you really want me to, I don’t mind. But, I also think it’s worth keeping here as a reminder. Just let me know. :)
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

I try to inform people as much as I can on this as well.

My favorite "one-liner": No controlled randomized double blind study against pure placebo where the actual effect of a vaccine is measured, has ever been conducted.

This means that it is unknown if any vaccine actually works, so taking them only means unnecessary risk.
slowanon

Re: The CORONAVIRUS "CRISIS" - as reported in the press

Unread post by slowanon »

Tangential, just remembered this funny article:
Mental “vaccine” protects both parties from plague of fake news and lies
https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/01 ... -and-lies/

But this site publishes vaccine propaganda regularly, often in the form of coverage about the 'anti-vaxxer movement':
4/16/2020 How the anti-vaccine community is responding to COVID-19
https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/04 ... -covid-19/

The most rated reader comments below the article are so brazen, one could almost wonder, with a bit of wishful thinking, could it be satire.
So, covid-19 may represent an opportunity to do what should have been done long ago: strap these assholes to a bench and forcibly inject them with the vaccine, should one become available, for the good of society as a whole. If we misjudge the side effects and they wind up bursting into flames, well, tough. No great loss to society.

Enough is enough. Vaccination should be mandatory, with only tightly defined medical exemptions allowed. Period.
These antivaxxer assclowns must be held in perpetual quarantine as long as the virus is circulating.
I've said it before on here and I will say it again. Bosses should have the right to fire or refuse to hire in the first place people who refuse to get vaccinated barring legit medical reasons, landlords refuse to rent apartments, and schools bar kids accordingly.

Hopefully more states will follow suit like here in New York and at least tell these stupid asshole parents to take their contagion vector kids home and go pound sand if they refuse to get them vaccinated and don't have a legitimate medical excuse.
Anti-vaxxers should be required to pay hefty insurance premiums by the Insurance industry and held liable for any Health costs incurred by other people if it can be proved that their child was the cause of an infection. Considering that they are abusing their children from lack of adequate care, I would vote to have their parental rights stripped while they are incarcerated for a finite amount of time.

And yes, I bet many will be first in line to get the Covid-19 vaccine when it is available.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: The CORONAVIRUS "CRISIS" - as reported in the press

slowanon wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:40 pm Tangential, just remembered this funny article:
Mental “vaccine” protects both parties from plague of fake news and lies
https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/01 ... -and-lies/

But this site publishes vaccine propaganda regularly, often in the form of coverage about the 'anti-vaxxer movement':
4/16/2020 How the anti-vaccine community is responding to COVID-19
https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/04 ... -covid-19/

The most rated reader comments below the article are so brazen, one could almost wonder, with a bit of wishful thinking, could it be satire.
So, covid-19 may represent an opportunity to do what should have been done long ago: strap these assholes to a bench and forcibly inject them with the vaccine, should one become available, for the good of society as a whole. If we misjudge the side effects and they wind up bursting into flames, well, tough. No great loss to society.

Enough is enough. Vaccination should be mandatory, with only tightly defined medical exemptions allowed. Period.
These antivaxxer assclowns must be held in perpetual quarantine as long as the virus is circulating.
I've said it before on here and I will say it again. Bosses should have the right to fire or refuse to hire in the first place people who refuse to get vaccinated barring legit medical reasons, landlords refuse to rent apartments, and schools bar kids accordingly.

Hopefully more states will follow suit like here in New York and at least tell these stupid asshole parents to take their contagion vector kids home and go pound sand if they refuse to get them vaccinated and don't have a legitimate medical excuse.
Anti-vaxxers should be required to pay hefty insurance premiums by the Insurance industry and held liable for any Health costs incurred by other people if it can be proved that their child was the cause of an infection. Considering that they are abusing their children from lack of adequate care, I would vote to have their parental rights stripped while they are incarcerated for a finite amount of time.

And yes, I bet many will be first in line to get the Covid-19 vaccine when it is available.
I truly hope the comments (quoted above) are from pure internet trolls. But that may very well be wishful thinking on my part, given the complete lack of logic used to promote “vaccinations.”

The last time (probably 6–7 years ago) I tried to discuss this issue with a vaccination believer, I asked him, “so, I want to make sure I understand your position—you are afraid that an unvaccinated child is going to get the vaccinated children sick?”

Him: “yep”

Me: “well, it doesn’t sound like you have much confidence in the effectiveness of the vaccination. Does it work or not?”

Him: ummm . . .
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

I also hope that those comments are propaganda and not representative of a common view, but nonetheless we need to raise awareness on this issue so that vaccine sceptics become a group that is respected. We have to defend one of our most basic human rights - to not have chemical substances injected into our bodies against our will.