The Clues Chronicle — help decide the threads to read!

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

What should be the order of topics on 'The Clues Chronicle'? (select up to 3)

You may select up to 3 options

View results

hoi.polloi

Re: The Clues Chronicle

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Thank you again for the appreciation from everyone.

I agree with concise summaries, Flabbergasted. Do you think that perhaps it would be better if, like a research paper, we summarized what we were about to say before going into the details? I am trying to think of a segment that we could do.

Presently our format has evolved into:

1. Review last episode casually
2. Catch up with any guest(s)
3. Outline our understanding of new topic
4. Select from CluesForum threads (to read and explain how our conversation arrived there)
5. Occasionally meander into side/related topics

If we inserted something before part 1 or part 2, perhaps after we listened to the entire show, we could come up with a way to give listeners a briefing in the first seconds, in order to prepare them for our proposed position, or prepare them for what will transpire during the show. Does that sound alright? It might add a little time before each release, but not "too much", if the trade off is worth it.

Having said that, I think we will bravely attempt brevity with Breivik without getting brusque. B)
Kham
Admin

Re: The Clues Chronicle — help decide the threads to read!

Unread post by Kham »

Flabbergasted,

Thanks for clarifying from where you are coming. To communicate effectively, especially with our subject matter, has always been one of our top goals. That’s why we restate paradigm shifting phrases and give examples of concepts needed to comprehend such shifts.

Hoi and I want Clues Chronicle to be of value to both new and old listeners. Another tool in communication that adds content is prepping the new listener’s brain to comprehend never-before-heard-of ideas. There might not be schema, or places/groupings in which to add new types of information to one’s thinking. We attempt to provide that crucial building block of new paradigms by helping the new listener set up those schema. Gatekeeper audios, on the other hand, don’t set up new schema and so overwhelm the listener with new data for which there is no place to store it in the brain. The result is a major loss in comprehension.

Another tool for communication that causes wordiness are information and experiences of a personal nature. This human aspect is one of the major differences between Clues Chronicles and other ‘truther’ audios. We are willing to disclose personal aspects of our lives. In our fields of research gatekeeping has run amok. I have noticed one major difference between sincere and non-sincere ‘truthers’ is personal stories. This is evident in Lenon Honor’s research, imho, who seems to excel at sincereness.

With all that in mind, let us see if brevity has a bearing on with Anders Behring Breivik on the next Clues Chronicle 25.
hoi.polloi

If you go back to page 1 and 2 of this thread you can find a solid wall of contention against our show existing, from our own nonhocapito. The best "take away" I still have from that is an ideal show would involve some form of recorded interactive conference with strangers. I am still attached to this idea and maybe a future evolution of the show could involve something like "speaking with average people who are curious about these ideas but who haven't understood how to integrate them in their thinking". I am not sure if that would be more or less successful than The Clues Chronicle has been.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

hoi.polloi wrote:...Maybe our approach should be to "excite" or do something else? What do you think would make our show better, Flabbergasted?
...Do you think that perhaps it would be better if, like a research paper, we summarized what we were about to say before going into the details?
I don´t know if styles can or should be mixed. The format of the chronicles has developed naturally over time. So, rather than changing that, perhaps the same team could make some additional and shorter question-and-answer podcasts, each one lasting 20 or 30 min.

For example, in the chronicle on rocketry, K asks Simon a very important question: "how do you know for sure the earth is a globe?" This type of question brings listeners to the edge of the chair, eager to put to rest their doubts about the spherical shape of the world and bury the FE movement for good. A highly sensitive question like that begs a carefully rehearsed answer, if possible using a bullet list, rather than an improvised chat. After summarizing the known facts (to the extent things can be known) and laying out the most plausible scenarios/explanations/interpretations, two or three of the most common objections could be addressed, without straying too far from the central topic. End of FAQcast.

The chronicles could continue without change in format or pace, covering more general subjects (nuclear weapons, the cold war, the holocaust, fakery in orbit, etc.), while the more concise and rehearsed FAQcast format could be used for specific questions like "How could the Towers have been empty on 9/11?" or "What is wrong with the Zapruder video?" or "Who or what was Wernher von Braun?" or "What are fauxtographers?" or "What is the Vicsim Report?". I think this additional social service would help newcomers approach and start navigating the deep ocean of media fakery.
hoi.polloi

It sounds a bit like a classroom setting activity. I am not sure I would be very good at that. Maybe K could, being a teacher, but I am not sure. However, I see how that "authoritative" voice could certainly help people with learning/attention styles that match. Good idea, Flabbergasted! Let's see how and when we can integrate such a project into our time. I'd give it a go.

If you wanted us to get a jump start, maybe if you wrote a little example script outline, maybe I could flesh it out, "scrub" it and see if it's something that can be presented as such. Otherwise, I think I have the gist of it and I could attempt a script myself. I worry that I will not be emotionally compatible with the format, but no harm in trying.

May I kindly reiterate, at the risk of reading like a transcript of a broken record, that we very much welcome others to design and implement their ideal project — bearing in mind us admins would probably love to collaborate and help with something that other members spearhead?
:wub:

So far, we have seen Fakeologist, kham's show, Rochello's video deconstructions, patrix's podcast and The Clues Chronicle. There's more than enough room — dare I say, a near infinite vacuum of it — for any more ideas/efforts!
hoi.polloi

Audial-oriented cultural critics rejoice! :lol:

Some very sweet and balanced new information to munch on.

Issue 25: Hi, TYCHOS

http://www.theclueschronicle.info/2018/ ... hi-tychos/

Whew! We did it! It's been quite some delay in coming to you but here we go — our most "inductive" show yet, where reality finally takes center stage. Pushing junk and lies away, clearing the table — yes, let's make a platform for the TYCHOS to get its fair share of attention. There have already been detractors giving in to the Copernican system that they are trapped in. Rest assured this is a much better alternative but don't believe me. Use the model for yourself: http://www.tychos.info/tychosium-2d/
tychosium example.jpg
tychosium example.jpg (260.01 KiB) Viewed 5204 times
This is the best audio explanation of the TYCHOS yet released and far superior to any commentators who haven't even read the book and feel they should comment on the TYCHOS system without even trying to understand what, precisely, is so wrong about the heliocentric system and why the TYCHOS is the best replacement.

Well, in any case, I find it pretty nice. Make your own choice. You're welcome to continue whizzing around the Sun at 30,000 meters per second in your mind. I'm pretty happy with my tranquil turtle pace, thank you.

Now, next time, we are likely to finally get back to media fakery but please do let us know if this episode has helped you process the TYCHOS model by commenting in this thread!
hoi.polloi

Issue 26: Hi, Utøya!

A new episode packed with material. K and Hoi are back on task ...

Guests

Hoi's friend L and our forum's own CluesForum member cooler1021

Summary

K and myself speak with special guests L and Cooler about how they found September Clues and then discuss their experiences with mythology vs. reality (about 1 hour)

We talk about how the ALCON 2018 event went for the TYCHOS model (for about 30 minutes)

K and I then chat about the strange circumstances of the “terrorist” story of the simulated madman (or simmad) of Breivik, especially reviewing the Oslo/Utøya thread (for about 1 hour 30 minutes)

Please enjoy!

Next time we will try a new format!

Because we are pressed for time these days (who isn't?) and because we'd like to try taking some of the suggestions of our listenership, next episode (which will be The Vicsim Report part 2 — "reflecting on" the Vicsim Report) we will take a quick ponder on the best points of the vicsim research and then share some of our challenges and provide suggestions in helping people understand these points.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

hoi.polloi wrote:We talk about how the ALCON 2018 event went for the TYCHOS model (for about 30 minutes)
Thanks for the update on the ALCON event. The Tychos topic is a lot more "palatable" to the general public than anything involving psyops and vicsims. I have experienced no adverse reactions from conversation partners so far, although, to be fair, many people don´t know enough about the solar system or Newton or the workings of establishment science to be surprised.
hoi.polloi wrote:Next time we will try a new format!

Because we are pressed for time these days (who isn't?) and because we'd like to try taking some of the suggestions of our listenership, next episode (which will be The Vicsim Report part 2 — "reflecting on" the Vicsim Report) we will take a quick ponder on the best points of the vicsim research and then share some of our challenges and provide suggestions in helping people understand these points.
Sounds great. Looking forward to it.
hoi.polloi

Although I am not moderating this thread I just want to pop in now and then if CC has new media to post.

There's a new episode out now!

Okay, so here's the actual new direction of the show. It didn't end up being short. We really got ramped up and to talking pretty deeply about real issues instead of just "media fakery" issues. So it ended up being very ponderous and thoughtful about just one or two points about The Vicsim Report but largely about the challenges of our divisive media — including the media we have created and want to create as those of us studying media literacy and its practical applications toward peace and understanding!

So here you go! I sincerely hope it enriches the conversation in your local community, wherever that may be. Although, to be honest, it might make the most sense to an American audience with a healthy appreciation for human beings.

Issue 27: Discussing 'The Vicsim Report'

:wub:
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

I would respectfully ask our members who listen to the Clues Chronicle to please post polite and constructive feedback here. I’m certain that each person involved with this ongoing (and constantly improving) podcast would appreciate it.

Episode 27 was terrific, and I’m genuinely excited and interested to see where it goes from here. Thank you Hoi and Kham for your hard work on this important new media. It’s truly the most peaceful and intelligent radio listening I’ve ever come across. :)

SCS
hoi.polloi

Another update! (Don't expect these once per month. I am actually not sure when I will next have an opportunity to make an episode of the good ol' Chronicle but we lucked out with Mr. Honor's timing.)

Issue 28: Hi, Lenon Honor

This episode features the very engaging researcher Lenon Honor who, like our guest Ace Paysman, often articulates on the media conversation from the standpoint of protecting family and helping everyone discuss challenging topics.

I really hope you find the conversation as fun and meaningful as we did! Be well, everyone!
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

hoi.polloi » October 14th, 2018, 8:41 pm wrote:Another update! (Don't expect these once per month. I am actually not sure when I will next have an opportunity to make an episode of the good ol' Chronicle but we lucked out with Mr. Honor's timing.)

Issue 28: Hi, Lenon Honor

This episode features the very engaging researcher Lenon Honor who, like our guest Ace Paysman, often articulates on the media conversation from the standpoint of protecting family and helping everyone discuss challenging topics.

I really hope you find the conversation as fun and meaningful as we did! Be well, everyone!
Hoi, thank you for the update. This should be fascinating. I’ll return here to give feedback after I finally catch my breath and get a chance to listen.

SCS :)
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Lenon is truly a joy to listen to. He radiates positivity, sunshine and earnest passion out of every pore of his body - as almost no one else I know of. Sullen, introverted and traumatized souls can learn a lot from him - and I know a few of those. Humor, wit and wise lightheartedness are truly essential assets to navigate through this crazy world we all live in. Thanks Hoi and K for having him on the CC podcast - my favorite radio show bar none! :)
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Hoi and Kham,

I finished listening to Episode 28. You are each tremendous in your own right, and I think you are both doing an excellent job of bringing out the best (pre-existing) insights from others on the podcast.

I highly recommend that our readers and members listen to the Clues Chronicle. Push past whatever resistance you may have (if any), and I’m confident you’ll consider (as I have) that it’s an active form of “Engineering Health” in your own life to deliberately consume such a rare and intelligent form of media. :)

This episode was terrific, and I think it may serve as a springboard to more episode(s) that could flesh out that conversation. Lenon Honor brought a fresh, inspirational, and liberating manner of discussing otherwise sensitive issues to the Clues Chronicle. I must express my gratitude to him for that.

Lenon really inspired (and affirmed) me to keep up the work I’m already doing with respect to raising my children and nurturing my family. It’s an ongoing responsibility and truly the passion of my life right now.

On a somewhat personal note, I’ll say that (upon reflection while listening to this episode) I am incredibly grateful that even during my younger parenting years (like 10 years ago), I somehow had the insight to decline EVERY “opportunity” to be on boards, committees, etc. I used to get asked on nearly a weekly basis, and I kindly declined them all.

In the somewhat rare instances where I would provide an explanation, I would say something like, “thank you for asking, but the window of opportunity to actively raise my family is relatively narrow, and I won’t miss that for anything.” That’s probably the best decision I made early in my career.

I give an enormous amount of credit to my Father-In-Law for his much appreciated words of wisdom to me over the years on that topic. He was (and is) an absolutely amazing father to my wife, and a priceless grandfather to my children. I’ll be eternally grateful to him for that.

I’ve seen way too many instances of parents deceiving themselves into thinking they can somehow pass this off on someone else for a while, and then they will (somehow?) have more time for them later. But sadly, later comes too late, if at all. And by then their chances of having a strong, life-long bond with their children is significantly diminished.

I think the overall discussion of healthy conversation should include a specific episode that addresses this oft overlooked, yet incredibly important parent/child relational context. That was the most inspirational portion (amongst other important ones) I took from this episode.

Dani and I could very well have an open discussion on CC about how that parenting dynamic (discussed by Lenon Honor) actually works in our home. While that is an extraordinarily healthy and functional relationship, I think it will benefit us even further to set about to articulate it for the audience.

My apologies if I’m putting the cart before the horse here, but, I’m genuinely seeking feedback (with suggested topics of discussion) from our members who would like to hear how she and I relate to and converse with one another. I’ll gladly consider the suggestions, and I’m sure Hoi and/or Kham will facilitate that conversation in a constructive manner for the audience.

Dani and I are quite open with each other, and there is freedom in that. It’s essentially the opposite of the type of relationships in the family I grew up with as a child, where the adults were impossible to relate to. I have absolutely zero interest in perpetuating such an unhealthy and relationally disastrous parent/child relationship. In that regard, I must (oddly enough) thank my own parents for the inspiration to NOT be like them. Humanity deserves better.

Please post any suggestions on this thread, and I’ll have Dani on the show with me again sometime. This is of course subject to the plans, schedules, and prerogatives of Hoi and Kham. I’m grateful for them allowing me to participate in the Clues Chronicle.

I think it’s an important form of a rare and healthy media format that should continue to be developed.

SCS
Kham
Admin

Unread post by Kham »

SCS,

Thank you for the feed back and future topic suggestions. Would also love suggestions from CF members for future episodes that center around empowering us.

In your parenting choices seems like you were the changed you wanted to actuate. Inspiring!

Simon,

Glad you found the episode a joy to listen to. You are so right in that Lenon Honor, who discusses pretty dark subjects, does it in a way that is friendly and enlightening. Lenon encourages us to hold on to our power and not release it to those entities or ideas external of us. Do we even realize when we are giving up control?

Hoi and I are definitely looking forward to future audios with Lenon.

All the best
K