Greenpeace's Rainbow Warrior — hoax, set-up or RIP?

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
antipodean

Greenpeace's Rainbow Warrior — hoax, set-up or RIP?

Unread post by antipodean »

brianv wrote:"The first bomb went off 11:38 p.m". At 11:45 p.m., the second bomb went off". Hmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of ... ow_Warrior
Brian are you saying that this is also a hoax ?
brianv

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by brianv »

antipodean wrote:
brianv wrote:"The first bomb went off 11:38 p.m". At 11:45 p.m., the second bomb went off". Hmm.

Am I saying it was a hoax or postulating that it may have been a hoax? Then I'd go for the latter.
antipodean

brianv wrote:
antipodean wrote:

Am I saying it was a hoax or postulating that it may have been a hoax? Then I'd go for the latter.
OK on a couple of occasions (be it briefly) having met at least 2 people who had sailed on the vessel up until it's demise.
I'll stick my neck out and say that this act did indeed happen, be it probably the most dumbest act of State sponsored terrorism known to man kind.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

antipodean wrote:
brianv wrote:
antipodean wrote:

OK on a couple of occasions (be it briefly) having met at least 2 people who had sailed on the vessel up until it's demise.
I'll stick my neck out and say that this act did indeed happen, be it probably the most dumbest act of State sponsored terrorism known to man kind.
Did your Greenpeace contacts tell you that the Nuclear Tests they were tasked to prevent/observe were a hoax? So what were your friends doing on board the Fake Nuclear Weapons Crowd's own Flagship vessel the "Rainbow Warrior"?

The trial of the French "agents/patsies" was a joke.
antipodean

These people are not friends of mine.

One of them ended up living in a locality that I once lived in.

And the other one is an academic who's spoken at a few forums I use to attend, at the time of the 2003 Iraq invasion.

One was on board as an Engineer & the other a Journalist.

I've never discussed the nuclear issue with either of them. 30 years ago I don't think Greenpeace was the global corporate that it is now.

Just because the whole nuclear issue is a hoax, doesn't mean that the bombing of the Rainbow Warrior was a hoax.

Also I dare say there are well meaning people within Greenpeace, unaware of the many hoaxes out there designed to control us, such as global warming.

Yes the trial of the French Agents was a joke, the whole thing being farcical from start to finish.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

antipodean wrote:These people are not friends of mine.

One of them ended up living in a locality that I once lived in.

And the other one is an academic who's spoken at a few forums I use to attend, at the time of the 2003 Iraq invasion.

One was on board as an Engineer & the other a Journalist.

I've never discussed the nuclear issue with either of them. 30 years ago I don't think Greenpeace was the global corporate that it is now.

Just because the whole nuclear issue is a hoax, doesn't mean that the bombing of the Rainbow Warrior was a hoax.

Also I dare say there are well meaning people within Greenpeace, unaware of the many hoaxes out there designed to control us, such as global warming.

Yes the trial of the French Agents was a joke, the whole thing being farcical from start to finish.
Greenpeace have been leading people down blind alleys for 30 years yes!! Climate Change! Working for Peace! Wow that was successful! Fundraising. Scaring the Shit out of people upholding the Nuclear Hoax. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenham_C ... Peace_Camp

Nor does your nay-saying mean it wasn't a hoax. "The first bomb went off 11:38 p.m". At 11:45 p.m., the second bomb went off"

Hallmarks much, wouldn't you agree?
antipodean

"The first bomb went off 11:38 p.m". At 11:45 p.m., the second bomb went off"
These days the numerology stuff doesn't mean much to me.

But thanks to you raising the Rainbow Warrior issue, I've been doing a bit of reading up on it.
The bomb went off about 30 minutes after Hanne Sorensen had left the boat to look around down town Auckland at night, leaving only the photographer on board. Maybe the useless agents had planned to bomb the boat once they thought no one was on board.

I'd also read somewhere that there was photographic material on board detailing the deformed marine life in the testing area, resulting from previous under water bomb testings. Maybe the plan was to take out the Photographer and his work.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

antipodean wrote:
"The first bomb went off 11:38 p.m". At 11:45 p.m., the second bomb went off"
These days the numerology stuff doesn't mean much to me.

But thanks to you raising the Rainbow Warrior issue, I've been doing a bit of reading up on it.
The bomb went off about 30 minutes after Hanne Sorensen had left the boat to look around down town Auckland at night, leaving only the photographer on board. Maybe the useless agents had planned to bomb the boat once they thought no one was on board.

I'd also read somewhere that there was photographic material on board detailing the deformed marine life in the testing area, resulting from previous under water bomb testings. Maybe the plan was to take out the Photographer and his work.
I don't know exactly what happened of course, but remember our culesforum motto - Falsis in uno...
Not so much numerology, but the hoaxers calling card. Why, you must not be reading up your cluesforum posts - our findings are replete with such tokens.
antipodean

Re: Greenpeace's Rainbow Warrior — hoax, set-up or RIP?

I've just read another article which says that quite a few of the crew were on board at the time.

Should really research a topic properly before jumping in. At this point I'll conclude that the event happened, although I must say a lot of the information appears to be a bit sketchy.
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

antipodean wrote:. At this point I'll conclude that the event happened, although I must say a lot of the information appears to be a bit sketchy.
Who planted the bombs than? Some state agency blowing up their own ? :)
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

antipod wrote:I've just read another article which says that quite a few of the crew were on board at the time.

Should really research a topic properly before jumping in. At this point I'll conclude that the event happened, although I must say a lot of the information appears to be a bit sketchy.
It would be helpful if you could provide a link to this article.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

From : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of ... ow_Warrior

"Agents intended the first mine to cripple the ship so that it would be evacuated safely by the time the second mine was detonated."

Do you also find 7 minutes little time to evacuate an entire ship in the middle of the night?
I find that this explanation is also not consistent with the damage of the first bomb , "creating a large hole about the size of an average car."

Or from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Pereira

"The first blast ripped a hole the size of a garage door in the engine room. The force of the explosion was so powerful that a freighter on the other side of Marsden Wharf was thrown five metres sideways. As the Rainbow Warrior rapidly sank until the keel touched the harbor floor, the shocked crew scrambled on to the wharf."

I am not very good in spotting hand signs but what is Fernando Pereira doing in one of the few pictures available of him:

Why did they use a mirror image of one picture to create another?

ImageImage
Why is the last photo copyrighted by both his daughter (who was 8 at the time of the event) and Greenpeace?
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

These are all supposed to be pictures from the sunken Rainbow Warrior but I am not sure it is the same ship.
The letters on the second photo look fake.

The fourth picture is from http://www.underwaterheritage.co.nz/ind ... d&Itemid=4
"The salvage team removing the mast". Notice how short the ladder behind the mast is.

The last picture is from http://www.whangaroa.co.nz/Matauri-Bay.cfm
If you like to dive you can go there and take a look.
Last edited by Seneca on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Greenpeace-Rainbow-Warrior-1985.jpg
Greenpeace-Rainbow-Warrior-1985.jpg (98.72 KiB) Viewed 13618 times
Full article: http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... hive#img-1

Fascinating! It certainly has all the “hallmarks” of a PsyOp to reinforce the “Nuclear bomb testing” propaganda. <_< Creatively retold by this journalist:
Twenty years on from the deliberate sinking of the Rainbow Warrior by France, the Guardian’s Paul Brown recalled his time spent on board the vessel before it was attacked.

Felling of a Warrior
[…]
The 11 crew had taken on Greenpeace's most ambitious campaign in its history, moving a contaminated people to a safe haven. The Americans, whose 1956 Bravo bomb had covered the people of Rongelap island in radiation, had removed all the population's thyroid glands to prevent cancer killing them and were using them as guinea pigs to see what further effect continued radiation had on their health. An increasing proportion of children were being born deformed. The island's elders appealed to Greenpeace for help, and I had signed on as a deckhand for a month to report the evacuation for the Guardian.

The next stage of the trip was for the Rainbow Warrior to sail to Auckland for supplies and then head a peace flotilla into the French nuclear test zone at Mururoa in the South Pacific. The Greenpeace crew, having seen the long-term effects of previous nuclear testing on innocent bystanders, was determined to do its best to disrupt the French programme.

In the shock of the news of the sinking all these memories and thoughts swirled through my mind. My job was to write the story, the facts as known, but there were not too many of those. This was July 11 1985, before mobile phones. New Zealand was still a long way away. In Auckland it was the middle of the night and every telephone line to Greenpeace's New Zealand office was jammed. [...]
arc300

Unread post by arc300 »

I was a long-hair, barely present at high school, but about the only class I ever turned up for (before I was, er, ASKED to leave school permanently) was photography class. I took a school camera loaded with B&W film to the wharves to take a few pics of the stricken Rainbow Warrior, but, upon reaching the wharves, was quickly sent on my way by a massive security guard. I do clearly remember seeing the hulk of a half-sunken boat sticking out of the water, though.
The sunken boat was real, and the photos of the sunken boat were real, but the captions beneath the photos and the whole glorious back-story of "little-ole-New Zealand" and " Poor-ole-Greenpeace" standing up to those evil atom-bomb-wielding Murkins was, in 20/20 hindsight, just another load of well-targeted bullshit.