Things That Likely Don't Really Exist (Controlled Media)

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
arc300

Re: Things That Likely Don't Really Exist (Controlled Media)

Unread post by arc300 »

From back in the day, this is the first thing I can remember that reall convinced me that "they" are laughing in our faces:

And this:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhGHxw0mSo

I knew immediately that these things (as per Rumsfield, "There are MANY of these things") do not exist.
I remember my thought process at that time:
The US claims to have sattellite technology capable of "seeing" [insert amazing resolution property here], yet they hadn't seen these amazing feats of engineering being built in one of the most geo-politically important places on earth. Even to build the roads, bridges, viaducts and tunnels necessary to transport the machinery to build these fortresses (fortressi?) would have been a highly visible feat in itself. And roads WERE built according to Rummy et al, because the fortress had roads leading to doors big enough to drive tanks and trucks into. And any spoil from digging these things would also be highly visible if it had been dumped nearby. Etc etc etc.
Like, whatEVERRRR.
lux

Unread post by lux »

^ Good one!
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

Meanwhile, in Baghdad:

Oh, wait - this DOES exist.
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

"The Kennedy Curse" :D
The Kennedy tragedies, commonly known as the Kennedy curse, is a term sometimes used to describe a series of events involving members of the Kennedy family. The notion of a curse is superstitious and was created and fostered by the news media.
Believers in the curse generally cite the following core events as evidence of the family's misfortunes:
(these below either covered extensively or perhaps lightly mentioned in Cluesforum topics -- more listed in wiki)

November 22, 1963 – U.S. President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas. Lee Harvey Oswald was charged with the crime, but was shot and killed by Jack Ruby two days later before a trial could take place. The FBI and the Warren Commission officially concluded that Oswald was the lone assassin. However, the United States House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) concluded that those investigations were seriously flawed and that Kennedy was probably assassinated as the result of a conspiracy.

June 5, 1968 – U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated by Sirhan Bishara Sirhan in Los Angeles immediately following his victory in the California Democratic presidential primary. Sirhan was convicted of Kennedy's murder and is serving a life sentence at the Pleasant Valley State Prison.

July 18, 1969 – In the Chappaquiddick incident, Ted Kennedy accidentally drove his car off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island, which fatally trapped his passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne, inside. In his July 25 televised statement, Kennedy stated that on the night of the incident he wondered "whether some awful curse did actually hang over all the Kennedys."

April 1, 1991 – William Kennedy Smith was arrested and charged with the rape of a young woman at the Kennedy estate in Palm Beach, Florida. The subsequent trial attracted extensive media coverage. Smith was acquitted.

(Not in Wiki) June 7, 2002 -After four days of deliberations, the jury found Michael Skakel guilty as charged of killing Martha Moxley.
Free on bail as of yesterday...after 11 years! :rolleyes: -- http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/bail ... l-20965436

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_curse

A fun and fake exorcism exercise to make it official...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOT0jWQqCl4
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Libero wrote:"The Kennedy Curse" :D
The Kennedy tragedies, commonly known as the Kennedy curse, is a term sometimes used to describe a series of events involving members of the Kennedy family. The notion of a curse is superstitious and was created and fostered by the news media.
Believers in the curse generally cite the following core events as evidence of the family's misfortunes:
(these below either covered extensively or perhaps lightly mentioned in Cluesforum topics -- more listed in wiki)

November 22, 1963 – U.S. President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas. Lee Harvey Oswald was charged with the crime, but was shot and killed by Jack Ruby two days later before a trial could take place. The FBI and the Warren Commission officially concluded that Oswald was the lone assassin. However, the United States House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) concluded that those investigations were seriously flawed and that Kennedy was probably assassinated as the result of a conspiracy.

June 5, 1968 – U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated by Sirhan Bishara Sirhan in Los Angeles immediately following his victory in the California Democratic presidential primary. Sirhan was convicted of Kennedy's murder and is serving a life sentence at the Pleasant Valley State Prison.

July 18, 1969 – In the Chappaquiddick incident, Ted Kennedy accidentally drove his car off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island, which fatally trapped his passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne, inside. In his July 25 televised statement, Kennedy stated that on the night of the incident he wondered "whether some awful curse did actually hang over all the Kennedys."

April 1, 1991 – William Kennedy Smith was arrested and charged with the rape of a young woman at the Kennedy estate in Palm Beach, Florida. The subsequent trial attracted extensive media coverage. Smith was acquitted.

(Not in Wiki) June 7, 2002 -After four days of deliberations, the jury found Michael Skakel guilty as charged of killing Martha Moxley.
Free on bail as of yesterday...after 11 years! :rolleyes: -- http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/bail ... l-20965436

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_curse

A fun and fake exorcism exercise to make it official...

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOT0jWQqCl4
You forgot to include this one to the series of events constituting "Kennedy curse" , from WIKI :
John F. Kennedy, Jr. was an American socialite, journalist, lawyer, and magazine publisher. He was killed on July 16, 1999 when the Piper Saratoga light aircraft he was piloting crashed into the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts. His wife, Carolyn Bessette, and sister-in-law, Lauren Bessette, were also killed. The flight had departed from Essex County Airport (CDW) in Fairfield Township, Essex County, New Jersey. The intended flight path was along the coastline of Connecticut and across Rhode Island Sound to its final destination of Martha's Vineyard Airport (MVY)

What a bunch of unlucky oligarchs these poor Kennedys are :(

By the way , WTF is socialite ? :)
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

bostonterrierowner wrote:By the way , WTF is socialite ? :)
I think it means soulless windbag.
lux

Unread post by lux »

"Plutonium"

Producing plutonium in useful quantities for the first time was a major part of the Manhattan Project during World War II, which developed the first atomic bombs. The first nuclear test, "Trinity" (July 1945), and the second atomic bomb used to destroy a city (Nagasaki, Japan, in August 1945), "Fat Man", both had cores of plutonium-239. source
According to a number of reference sites (wiki, etc) that I've checked, Plutonium is allegedly produced in nuclear reactors by bombarding uranium isotopes with nuclear particles. Plutonium is said to be the key ingredient in nuclear weapons and NASA says they use it a lot with their “space mission.”

But, since nuclear reactors appear to be as big a hoax as nuclear weapons and NASA's fake space missions, there doesn't seem to be much chance that Plutonium actually exists except perhaps in natural trace amounts. And, since there isn't much point in spending mega-dollars to manufacture a substance using a method that doesn't exist for use in activities that don't exist, I have concluded that Plutonium has probably never been artificially produced outside of fictional novels and Hollywood movies.

Which also causes me to wonder if any of the other exotic, lab-created elements really do or ever did exist.
hoi.polloi

On a related note, does Pluto exist?
icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

hoi.polloi wrote:On a related note, does Pluto exist?
I was aware that it's official status had been downgraded, but I was totally-oblivious to the wierd way in which it was reportedly named - see http://mentalfloss.com/article/48673/ve ... amed-pluto

If I had the time/opportunity, I'd like to check (unscanned/undigitised) hard-copy newspapers of the time, and confirm whether this was actually an event in itself, as I've never heard this piece of astro-trivia before.

A species that must be rare, and very possibly be non-existent, has to be the Exobiologist, and the entire field of exobiology. The MSM reports on such activities with the same level of deferential slack-jawed respect that was originally reserved for theoretical physicists and cosmologists. High Priests of a Technological Age, maintained by us all in exactly the same proxy way as salaried theologians.

This new year should see the announcement of the Large Hadron Collider being reactivated after "the first long shutdown" and finding the Higgs Boson, by self-definition the biggest/most-costly/complex scientific experiment on earth. Or, more-accurately (and conveniently) under it.

I can't decide whether this report is intended to be serious, and has a joke tone, or is satirical (it includes a quote from His Holiness Prof Brian Cox, so that adds to the quantum uncertainty of it all) http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/man-arr ... -49305387/

Isn't it ironic that the most expensive and vague of scientific endevours are always out of sight, and reach, to all but the few? Outer Space, Deep Earth or armed guards...
lux

Unread post by lux »

I don't know much about this subject but a few years ago I read somewhere that the soon-to-be position of the planet Pluto, astrologically speaking, would usher in an age that would be disastrous for the controllers of our world. Coincidentally, shortly after I read about this the scientific establishment decided and announced that Pluto was no longer to be considered a planet. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto
hoi.polloi

icarusinbound wrote: I can't decide whether this report is intended to be serious, and has a joke tone, or is satirical (it includes a quote from His Holiness Prof Brian Cox, so that adds to the quantum uncertainty of it all) http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/man-arr ... -49305387/
This is a joke. It's intended to be a reference to the science fiction show Doctor Who's 50th anniversary. Disappearing time-traveling prankster with a bow tie. Yeah.

Anyway, I just wonder if we picked up a telescope right now, if we could point it at where Disney's Pluto the dog planet is, what would we see? Getting access to a giant telescope: important "to do" item!
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

icarusinbound wrote: I can't decide whether this report is intended to be serious, and has a joke tone, or is satirical (it includes a quote from His Holiness Prof Brian Cox, so that adds to the quantum uncertainty of it all) http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gadgets/man-arr ... -49305387/

Isn't it ironic that the most expensive and vague of scientific endevours are always out of sight, and reach, to all but the few? Outer Space, Deep Earth or armed guards...
That report is dated 01/Apr'10 so most likely an 'April Fools' prank.
lux

Unread post by lux »

hoi.polloi wrote:On a related note, does Pluto exist?
On a note related to your related note: Do the "canals of Mars" as described by classical astronomer Percival Lowell exist?

NASA says NO but I find this article on the subject intriguing.
hoi.polloi wrote: Anyway, I just wonder if we picked up a telescope right now, if we could point it at where Disney's Pluto the dog planet is, what would we see? Getting access to a giant telescope: important "to do" item!
The spinning Pluto gif I posted above is a composite of images from this NASA site which claims they are images from the Hubble Tele-hoax so they represent the best quality images that our "science" establishment can muster for the planet Pluto. Curiously, the Hubble images of deep space objects many times further away such as nebulae, etc are sharp as a tack but Pluto just comes out as a fuzzy ball. :wacko:
Evil Edna
Banned

Unread post by Evil Edna »

lux wrote:since nuclear reactors appear to be as big a hoax as nuclear weapons and NASA's fake space missions, there doesn't seem to be much chance that Plutonium actually exists except perhaps in natural trace amounts. And, since there isn't much point in spending mega-dollars to manufacture a substance using a method that doesn't exist for use in activities that don't exist, I have concluded that Plutonium has probably never been artificially produced outside of fictional novels and Hollywood movies.

Which also causes me to wonder if any of the other exotic, lab-created elements really do or ever did exist.
What about the processes of Nuclear Fission and perhaps even Radioactive Decay? Are they hoaxes, too?

Both processes seem uncannily similar to the medieval fraud of Alchemy - turning worthless base metals into silver and gold. And Alchemy and Fission both run counter to the first principle of rudimentary chemistry: that chemical elements - the building blocks of the universe - cannot be broken down, or modified, into other elements.

And yet the process of Nuclear Fission or "splitting the atom" does exactly that - it breaks down one element (e.g. Uranium) into other elements (e.g. Krypton and Barium). Isn't the whole concept of the "chemical element" now somewhat obsolete, if we can turn one element into another - every alchemist's dream?

Nuclear Fission was apparently discovered in 1939 by Hahn & Strassmann. The two German chemists being "the first to recognize that the uranium atom, when bombarded by neutrons, actually split" (into Krypton and Barium.)

If Nuclear Fission is itself a hoax, then perhaps we can turn the clocks back to the days before its "discovery" to learn something from the prevailing literature, when the science of radiochemistry was not yet perverted (if it was). A chapter in the 1932 edition of JW Mellor's Comprehensive Treatise on Inorganic and Theoretical Chemistry is reportedly one of the last "comprehensive reviews of uranium chemistry prior to the discovery of Fission":

http://www.sciencemadness.org/library/b ... ITC_12.pdf

Clearly, in 1932, before the discovery of Fission, that author was no cheerleader for Uranium. He writes: "Very few of the applications of uranium at present known are of great industrial importance." Back then its main use was apparently as a dye in artisan glass-making. "Uranium glass" fluoresces bright green under UV light.

And, yet, for an otherwise useless element, increasing tonnage of uranium ore was already being mined. In 1919, around 13,000 tons were mined in the USA, but by the next year over 30,000 tons of uranium minerals were extracted. That's an awful lot of ore just for decorative glass. Or was it used secretly for something else?

According to the World Nuclear Association, the mouthpiece "representing the people and organisations of the global nuclear profession", the medical industry is today one of the biggest consumers of nuclear materials (outside the power sector). The Association reports that some 200 radioactive isotopes, mostly "produced artificially in nuclear reactors", are used in the diagnosis and treatment of a range of diseases and illnesses:

http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/Non-P ... -Medicine/

Apparently, one of the most common isotopes for nuclear medicine (used mainly in PET imaging) is Technetium-99m. According to wikipedia, technetium was the very first element produced artificially (in 1937). From the Greek word τεχνητός which means "artificial".

The WNA link above carries a long list of radioisotopes produced specifically for the medical industry, from Nuclear Fission in Nuclear Reactors..

Sorry, no answers at all, only more questions. The big one for me is: if Nuclear Fission and/or Nuclear Reactors are a hoax, how are these radioactive materials for medicine being "artificially produced"? Or are they in truth found naturally? Are we sure they are isotopes of different elements?

For many years, chemists were convinced they had isolated the element uranium. Only much later discovering that they had mistaken an oxide of uranium (a compound) for the element itself. Are chemists today finally correct on this and other radioactive materials?
Evil Edna
Banned

Unread post by Evil Edna »

rerevisionist was an administrator of the Nuke Lies forum. Before the forum became defunct, he posited an alternative theory on "nuclear power" plants. The true function of these plants, he suggests, is to dump excess loads of electricity from the grid:

http://www.big-lies.org/NUKE-LIES/www.n ... heory.html

Today, Fakeologist opened up that debate again, so perhaps this post belongs there really:

http://fakeologist.com/2014/01/20/fakin ... r-numbers/

Does the "dump load" theory adequately explain the "nuclear plant" and its real function? Has the "dump load" always been a necessary component of electricity generation? What happened before "nuclear power plants"? If there is such a thing as an "excess load", how was it "dumped" before we had the ruse of "nuclear" to disguise it? And in an electricity power grid, is it even possible to generate "too much" ?

Let's think about the bicycle dynamo. It's a very simple electricity generator. The bike wheel turns the dynamo spindle which powers the lights. So what happens if the lights are switched off but the cyclist keeps pedalling and the dynamo keeps turning? Since the switch is off - the circuit is broken - so there's no current. No electrons are flowing through the bulb filaments. But there's no ill effect. Nothing overheats, explodes or melts, or otherwise malfunctions in a damaging way. So there's no need to dump any load..

Won't it be the same with the power grid, but on a terawatt scale?

No power generating company wants to waste fuel, so hydrocarbons are burnt cautiously, and only for immediate needs. The amount of fuel burnt in a generating plant is controlled in near real-time. By stoking / choking the coal furnaces, and by altering fuel flows to the oil or gas burners. As such, no need for any "dump loads".

So what's in a "nuclear plant", if not a reactor, and if not a "dump load"? Maybe nothing at all? Like the Twin Towers on 9/11, nothing but elaborate, empty shells! For yet another lucrative scam!

A few other things about "nuke plants" that ring alarm bells. There are vanishingly few photos from inside them. Britain's newest "nuke plant" is the pressurised water reactor (PWR) at Sizewell designed by Westinghouse. There are just a couple of published "photos" inside it. And what "photos" we do have are very poor, tiny little images released by simmy/amateur photojournalists. Where are the boastful HQ corporate films showcasing these magnificent triumphs of modern engineering? And since amateurs are allowed in to take their tiny pics, the media blackout can't be due to security concerns. Here's the best available image inside Sizewell B.

http://www.flightoftheescales.com/#!t17 ... 6/image927

The supposed cooling of the nuke plant begs even more questions. Nuke plants in Britain are sited all around the coastline, for the water needed to cool them, we're told. Whereas, conventional (coal/oil/gas) power stations are located mostly inland, nearer to urban conurbations.

Conventional power plants have huge towers for cooling. The vapour that exits the generator turbines is directed up those cooling towers, where it condenses and returns to the water table.

But in nuke plants, the cooling towers are missing. In the PWR design, there's a secondary water "loop" instead. We're told it's safer and more efficient than using condensing towers. It has a semi-sealed cooling system that uses a condenser to recover the water after it's passed as steam through the generator turbines:

Clever stuff! But it leaves you wondering - if it works so well - why the designers of conventional (oil/coal/gas-fired) plants didn't do the same? And why aren't secondary water loops and condensors being retro-fitted into existing coal/oil/gas plants? Then they could knock down those hideous old cooling towers, and save money, too!

The Sizewell PWR apparently draws water from the North Sea, from a pipeline that runs to an offshore inlet tower:

A similar outlet pipeline, also many hundreds of metres long, returns the warmed water from the nuke plant back to the sea. A lot of effort and expense when a cooling tower would do the same job, for a fraction of the cost, and without risk of blockage, silting, tidal damage, etc!

The more the "nuclear power plant" is studied, the more hoaxy it feels..