Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Dcopymope
Banned

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Unread post by Dcopymope »

Gracist wrote:
Gracist wrote:Yes these images and also this:

This is Aliester Crowley's illustration for "Liber Oz" A.K.A. "Book 77."
Interesting how we find that much of the things people love and celebrate in culture turn out to be satanic in origin dressed up to look pretty for children, Oz in particular.
Gracist
Banned

Unread post by Gracist »

Dcopymope wrote:
Gracist wrote:
Gracist wrote:Yes these images and also this:

This is Aliester Crowley's illustration for "Liber Oz" A.K.A. "Book 77."
Interesting how we find that much of the things people love and celebrate in culture turn out to be satanic in origin dressed up to look pretty for children, Oz in particular.
Yes I've found I this over the years. Waking up to find that everything I can think of to look into from my childhood is so evil. I always had a natural aversion to the Wizard of Oz and especially Fantasia and Alice in Wonderland when I was little. Those movies all scared me a lot as a child and I actually remember trying to hide the Fantasia VHS tape behind and under all the other movies because I hated it the most.
I've also been having other synchronistic revelations lately. For example, I was listening to blues and jazz and heard Miles Davis a lot. Then I happened across a video with excerpts from his book and learned that he was a total occultist and became possessed etc. Everything all seems to be pointing me in the same direction which is that it's time to get right with God and have faith. All of this truth seeking is for God in my heart now.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

The same horseshit can be read on 1,000,000 "flying spaghetti monster" websites.

Belief, believing : The act of spreading LIES.
allegoricalfact
Banned

Unread post by allegoricalfact »

I am sorry, I have posted this else where. It is very pertinent to this thread so I shall post it again here.

"The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.

We are governed, our minds are molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested, largely by men we have never heard of. This is a logical result of the way in which our democratic society is organized." - Edward Bernays

These four Documentaries are well worth watching, I would even say a must, when you have time, they show us how TV became the 'Opium' of the masses and the tool of the insidious Ruling Class.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=8339
edgewaters

Unread post by edgewaters »

brianv wrote:The same horseshit can be read on 1,000,000 "flying spaghetti monster" websites.

That's an excellent definition of belief.

Belief is, of course, necessary to function. We can't, ourselves, test every little thing to prove it to ourselves. There is not enough time in this life. So often, you have to act on a belief (that this water is safe to drink, or that these directions will get you where you're going, as simple examples) instead of actual knowledge. But it's a necessary evil at best and I think people should get more comfortable with uncertainty and less dependent on belief. We should not be too eager to believe something just to fill a void of uncertainty, rather, I think we should try to cultivate and grow our disbelief and uncertainty. Lies seek to establish beliefs, and its among beliefs that every lie hides.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

edgewaters wrote:
brianv wrote:The same horseshit can be read on 1,000,000 "flying spaghetti monster" websites.

That's an excellent definition of belief.

Belief is, of course, necessary to function. We can't, ourselves, test every little thing to prove it to ourselves. There is not enough time in this life. So often, you have to act on a belief (that this water is safe to drink, or that these directions will get you where you're going, as simple examples) instead of actual knowledge. But it's a necessary evil at best and I think people should get more comfortable with uncertainty and less dependent on belief. We should not be too eager to believe something just to fill a void of uncertainty, rather, I think we should try to cultivate and grow our disbelief and uncertainty. Lies seek to establish beliefs, and its among beliefs that every lie hides.
Hear hear and nicely put! The truth needs no defence, some say "ally".