Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby Sisterlover on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:28 am

lux wrote:So, the question is, besides acquiring wealth, what is the reason for all these psy-ops?


Thank you, Lux, for offering more clarity than I can muster in my long-winded diatribes.
Sisterlover
Member
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby edgewaters on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:15 am

lux wrote:So, the question is, besides acquiring wealth, what is the reason for all these psy-ops?


When is it ever about anything other than power, control, and the presumption of superiority? Even money is!

Heck even all the O and R stuff, once you get to the bottom line, is still about that.
edgewaters
Member
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 am

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby Sisterlover on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:41 am

edgewaters wrote:
lux wrote:So, the question is, besides acquiring wealth, what is the reason for all these psy-ops?


When is it ever about anything other than power, control, and the presumption of superiority? Even money is!

Heck even all the O and R stuff, once you get to the bottom line, is still about that.


This logic is exactly what I'm railing against.
If it's all about power, control and money, I suppose we can close the book, as it's a foregone conclusion.
Or, maybe, possibly, they already have the power, control and money (the presumption of superiority is a given).
What good, then, is all your analysis?

As a famous zen master said "Your knowledge is like a lantern shining in the sun; it seems to have no light."
Sisterlover
Member
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby edgewaters on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:53 am

Sisterlover wrote:This logic is exactly what I'm railing against.
If it's all about power, control and money, I suppose we can close the book, as it's a foregone conclusion.


The truth doesn't need to be spiced up. It just is what it is. Sometimes fantasy is more satisfying, but that's not enough to abandon truth.

Or, maybe, possibly, they already have the power, control and money (the presumption of superiority is a given).
What good, then, is all your analysis?


You're assuming control never needs any maintenance or action of any sort to remain. That's in defiance of all human experience.
Last edited by edgewaters on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
edgewaters
Member
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:49 am

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby Sisterlover on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:53 am

I rest my case.
Sisterlover
Member
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby hoi.polloi on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:13 pm

In all hilarity, I am still seriously not getting it. Your point is that we don't know anything - something that we persistently point out ourselves? I guess the reason I'm straining so hard to understand you Sisterlover is because I don't understand the purpose of these threads you've started. Is it just to be fun?

I am being honest when I say I am respectfully giving you shit, and respectfully putting words in your mouth because I do not understand you but I want to. :D

I am not trying to be frustrating for you, I just want more clarity on your question. Your question is "why" if I'm not mistaken, "why did they do things the way they did them?"

Is this true? Is this your question? If so, how is this different from our usual meanderings? We speculate all the time about why the fakery exists; we've brought up occult things, Religious beliefs, death threats, money, power, influence, etc. as motivation for perps -- but you're saying that's not enough for you.

So all you're really trying to say is: these ideas - these traditional ways people have manipulated other people throughout the centuries - are hypothetically not effective to produce what has been produced, and therefore, there is something else we're missing?

Are you calling a hidden glue for a conspiracy "occult"? Or are you saying generally any information we're missing is "occult"?

Isn't the whole purpose of this forum to uncover what is in plain sight rather than spy, network, dig or conspire ourselves? I think if something is hidden, it is deliberate and we're not going to always just stumble on any real secrets "hidden" in the architecture of the hoax.

Might I politely suggest you are just in a sort of post-realization bafflement that we all missed the obvious, and maybe this is the emotion you're experiencing that is connected to your question?

If that's not what you're saying, I am sorry if I'm still misunderstanding you, but if I am understanding you, I guess I disagree about straining any further on knowing the unknowable. It seems like an energy-wasting grinding of gears. I'd be fascinated about, and I'd welcome, factual stories posted here. But until those stories appear, I am not sure how we're expected to find them.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5055
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby brianv on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:36 pm

There's been a shift change at the factory!
brianv
Member
 
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby hoi.polloi on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:38 pm

I don't seem to be understanding anyone today. Mercury must be in retrograde. :P

What do you mean, brianv?
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5055
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby brianv on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:23 pm

hoi.polloi wrote:I don't seem to be understanding anyone today. Mercury must be in retrograde. :P

What do you mean, brianv?


After the recent hiatus comes this lot! If they can't fuck up the board one way, they'll try another!
brianv
Member
 
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby Gracist on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:20 pm

Let's take this story of Kalil Edney for example. Kalil (meaning "friend" in Arabic) scored an amazing last second shot to win the game after a 9-1 run. (Just say that fast lol). With 2.9 (11) seconds left, player number 11 passes ball and it ends up with Kalil (number 23) for the "miracle shot" which he dedicated to his mother who died of cancer (69) when he was 11.

The numerology is so blatant, and the team colors are purple, connected to Saturn worship, Phoenicia, etc. These stories are put into major circulation because they are coded with occult (hidden) meaning. But WHY?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/high- ... -1.1279174
Gracist
Member
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby hoi.polloi on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 am

Has the Internet not already been described as a massive psychological insight?

Since we know the media is used for data mining, your question of 'WHY?' may be exactly the purpose: to make people question why and wait for an outside answer instead of just recognizing that we are pattern-seeking animals easily confused and distracted by any sign of repetition.

Leave that 'why' hanging in peoples' minds long enough and you create a receptiveness for more pattern input. It could be a purely animal exploitation. Throw in a few 11's here and there and you have the basis for people noticing them, which creates a pattern in the mind. It has been explained well here:

[the gap between your waiting open receptiveness and the answer]

It's stage magic.

(Also, please explain the link. Is this citation of something?)
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5055
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby Gracist on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:50 am

hoi.polloi wrote:Has the Internet not already been described as a massive psychological insight?

It doesn't have to mean anything at all. Throw in a few 11's here and there and you have the basis for people noticing them, which creates a pattern in the mind. It's stage magic.

Also, please explain the link. Is this citation of something?


It's a link to a story and video about the game winning shot. So do you think the point of using the same numbers and creating these patterns is just for show? Why does it matter if the masses, who never seem to notice or question these numerical patterns, are imprinted with these numbers and patterns? In other words, why is it important to imprint these patterns? They could make just as interesting a story if his mother died when he was 12 and his jersey was number 17 etc. What is the significance of using these repetitive numbers? I just don't see why, if it doesn't mean anything, they would bother to always do it.
Gracist
Member
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby hoi.polloi on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:55 am

See my edited post above.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5055
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby Gracist on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:26 am

hoi.polloi wrote:See my edited post above.


So it can be a big distraction to delve into numerology while at the same time creating a sense of "their" even greater control of the world through the use of "magical" numbers, which is actually just a sleight of hand type of thing. Presumably those faking all these events are the same kind of pattern seeking animal as the rest of us, but they have realized this and so use that knowledge against the rest of us, keeping that knowledge somewhat occult/hidden and "spellbinding" us so to speak. Is this kind of what you are saying?
Gracist
Member
 
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 pm

Re: Skirting around the "O" word, to figure out why...

Postby hoi.polloi on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:01 am

Someone else, in another thread, somewhere on the forum said it better than me.

It's the same argument about why there are striped shirts during public political "murder" PsyOps, why certain symbols, numbers, icons, and indexes keep appearing over and over.

It draws our attention. It keeps us supporting everything else. We cannot question the one little story because it means letting go of the others that follow it. It becomes more subconsciously difficult to 'let go' of the millions of other PsyOps because they all follow the same "science" (coincidental numbers, clothings, character names, etc. etc.)

That's another argument for its non-magical "power" over a blindspot in our minds.

It might also serve as mnemonic devices for those whose job it is to uphold and maintain a lie. Easier to remember little rhymes like "Beto So Wet-o" rather than the vicsim's full name. Similarly, if a certain group all died at age 44, that would certainly make it easier to remember, and hypnotize whomever you're talking to about it.

"It was on his 11th anniversary too ... oh, so weird."
"Wow."

[pause for dramatic effect - let the invented fact "sink in"]
"Life is weird like that ..."

It's hypnotism. In my opinion. Training PsyOp employees with these kinds of puzzles would make it easier for them (maybe not so adept) to hypnotize others without thinking too hard about it, too. Would it not?
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5055
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

PreviousNext

Return to THE LIVING ROOM

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests