Are Movies Unwatchable?

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
lux

Re: Are Movies Unwatchable?

Unread post by lux »

I haven't gone to a movie theater in long time. I just haven't had any interest in seeing any new releases. The few movies I do watch are older ones on TCM and Encore cable channels. And, I only watch those to help sort out the past propaganda I was once influenced by.

I am still a member of a Hollywood performers' union (though I haven't worked for years) and as such I am sent movies in the mail every “Awards Season” for voting purposes but I haven't watched any of those for years either. Movies today are terrible anyway so why bother?

BTW, speaking of award voting, I am convinced these “award winning movies” are all chosen for their propaganda content alone and have nothing to do with votes.
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

lux wrote:BTW, speaking of award voting, I am convinced these “award winning movies” are all chosen for their propaganda content alone and have nothing to do with votes.
So it is for the so called "Nobel for literature" that the Swedish Academy of Buffoons awards every year.
lux

Unread post by lux »

Yes, I think awards in general are an important and often used part of psyop-ery.
lux

Unread post by lux »

First released in the USA in late 1973 and still playing in some theaters as the World Trade Center opened in April of 1974, the Universal Pictures western Ulzana's Raid starred Burt Lancaster as a grizzled US Calvary scout.

The film tells the story of Ulzana, an Apache leader who has left the reservation with a band of renegades and massacres, rapes and loots their way across the countryside and generally behaves as any good terrorist cell would.

The scoundrels even shoot Burt Lancaster in the back during the film's climactic battle!

During this fight Ulzana did not physically take part in the mayhem but directed it from a cave-like perch in the rocks above the battle using hand signals, well -- more like hand gestures really.

How any of his followers could possibly have seen these hand gestures from their distant concealed locations was not explained by the film makers but it was obvious that director Robert Aldrich wanted the audience to know that Ulzana was indeed the hidden hand behind these evil deeds.

Besides his distant cave-dwelling leadership in the evil goings on, I was struck with how similar the Apache terrorist's name Ulzana was to Osama or, if you prefer, Usama, as the FBI spells it.

So ... do they really plan these psy-ops that far in advance? Kinda looks that way to me. ;)
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

lux wrote:First released in the USA in late 1973 and still playing in some theaters as the World Trade Center opened in April of 1974, the Universal Pictures western Ulzana's Raid starred Burt Lancaster as a grizzled US Calvary scout.

The film tells the story of Ulzana, an Apache leader who has left the reservation with a band of renegades and massacres, rapes and loots their way across the countryside and generally behaves as any good terrorist cell would.

The scoundrels even shoot Burt Lancaster in the back during the film's climactic battle!

During this fight Ulzana did not physically take part in the mayhem but directed it from a cave-like perch in the rocks above the battle using hand signals, well -- more like hand gestures really.

How any of his followers could possibly have seen these hand gestures from their distant concealed locations was not explained by the film makers but it was obvious that director Robert Aldrich wanted the audience to know that Ulzana was indeed the hidden hand behind these evil deeds.

Besides his distant cave-dwelling leadership in the evil goings on, I was struck with how similar the Apache terrorist's name Ulzana was to Osama or, if you prefer, Usama, as the FBI spells it.

So ... do they really plan these psy-ops that far in advance? Kinda looks that way to me. ;)
I came to the conclusion long ago that every major psyop has been planned well in advance. They have it all on a schedule in accordance to whatever political agenda they plan on pushing at that given time. What you've pointed out is yet another prime example of how the perps made sure every single living generation was pre-programmed in advance of the 9/11 event and for this particular period in time.
messdup

Unread post by messdup »

fben..
Simulating "reality" has been a apart of "human history" for a long time.
The ancient Greeks made whole dramas about bullshit. And, these bullshit dramas still live with us today.
Of course, the question is : Why does the human experience need "dramas" ? To feel good ? To learn ? ....
A cynic may say, " Well, its there to fuck with your mind...you know, make you believe what you should believe ! "
That cynic is 100% right.
I do believe it was Plato who stated that the role of the so-called "elite" was to suck every bit of energy out of the populace. Of course I'm only paraphrasing Plato. But, what he states is exactly what is going on.
The mind, when it enters the world, is a blank canvas. A "sitting duck" for the master manipulator.
Nothing should be believed in this world. Unless you can prove it to yourself.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

This is actually related to Anonymouse's post on the "MUSIC used as a propaganda/mind-control tool?" thread, but it's an exceptionally accurate summary (as satire does so well) of the same insidious crap pushed in teen movies:

Honest Trailers: Twighlight

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gugBiEkLwU
sentientlinergy
Banned

Unread post by sentientlinergy »

All fiction is propaganda, all fiction is brainwashing, brainwashing is washing to make dirty.
http://intheknow7.wordpress.com/2011/08 ... hip-video/
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

sentientlinergy wrote:All fiction is propaganda, all fiction is brainwashing, brainwashing is washing to make dirty.
http://intheknow7.wordpress.com/2011/08 ... hip-video/
We can do without twisted, fear mongering tripe from A(hole)Jones-promoted disinfo clowns, thanks! <_< Telling you every product of natural human creativity is some sinister plot is the attempted "mind control" to "make dirty" — by instilling negativity, fear and confusion :wacko:
sentientlinergy
Banned

Unread post by sentientlinergy »

ElSushi

Unread post by ElSushi »

Remember Eric Shawn first appearing in the movie "The Gremlins" (1990) and would then become a famous TV anchor for CNN ? (especially during the 9/11 massive propaganda campaign), well here is now Frank Buckley, the guy who was impersonating the famous TV reporter at CNN at Los Angeles Airport (LAX) that day...
He made a very quick apparition in a recent stupid Hollywood movie called "Planet X" (2012).And guess what? well Mr.Buckley still appears in it as a TV anchor.What a surprise,I must say.We have entered what Baudrillard used to call the "hyper reality era". Yes, Jean, that's exactly where we are.The question now being, which stage are we exactly in at the moment and how long will this era last ? :mellow:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0118600/

Yes, most movies are unwatchable.
ElSushi

Unread post by ElSushi »

Sorry, that movie is actually called "Project X", and not "Planet X". ^_^
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Good grief, El Sushi - yes, it's hard to distinguish TV reporters from Hollywood actors these days.
However, it would seem that Frankie is indeed a busy media 'disaster' reporter...

FRANK BUCKLEY http://www.ktla.com/about/station/bios/ ... 0125.story

Claimed assignments:

-Sendai tsunami and earthquake.
- Reporting from London, England on "a terror plot" (unspecified)
- Hurricanes in the Caribbean and the Carolinas
- Earthquakes in California and Japan
- Wildfires in Southern California
- The Los Angeles riots
- The death of JFK Jr. off Martha's Vineyard.
- Operation Iraqi Freedom: embedded with the U.S. Navy aboard USS Constellation in the Persian Gulf.
- "In the weeks following 9/11, he reported from the Pentagon and from warships in the Arabian Sea." *

* (No mention of his memorable LIVE 9/11 reporting from LAX airport for CNN ! ) :huh: :rolleyes:

He is also mentioned in the credits of the crass disaster movie "VOLCANO"... :puke:

Frankie is also on the board of directors of the American Asian Journalist Association...
(His mother is reportedly Japanese)
http://aaja-la.org/2012/02/aaja-la-board-2012-2/
diagonal2

Unread post by diagonal2 »

Has anyone else here noticed the increase in production of movies that is about terrorists? It just feels like the market has been flooded with them after the 9/11 shenanigans, or is it just me? :blink:
diagonal2

Unread post by diagonal2 »

Ok so I made a quick reference from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorism_films

It looks like (according to the list on wikipedia) that there has been a stream of movies about terrorism
before 9/11 happened and according to wiki there are 41, 47 after 9/11.