Are Movies Unwatchable?

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Dcopymope
Banned

Re: Are Movies Unwatchable?

Unread post by Dcopymope »

rick55 wrote:Maybe war is oversold. In keeping with the overall philosophy here, war would have to be mediated as much more horrific than it actually is. So-- for example-- you have the horrific thermonuclear bomb, the most horrible end-of-world-force ever created. Maybe it's a hoax. In fact, big-lies.org covers this idea extensively. I think I've seen hoi on that forum. What if nuclear weapons are a hoax? There is a line of reasoning for this.
I don't know about that other site, but I think its been convincingly proven here that nuclear weapons are for the most part a hoax. At the very least, the old footage and the fear mongering about its supposed destructiveness has been proven a hoax, and I never said anything about nukes anyway. Basically, yes, war is always hyped up as more horrific than it really is in various ways.
Dcopymope
Banned

I, Gestalta wrote:There will be only a faint glimmer of surprise on my part when confronted with said upcoming swindling of the masses---not for lack of anticipation and expectation, though; but from my natural, knee-jerk tendency to naively infer that people simply cannot be blind enough to fall for it. However, they are, and they will---a fact I am confronted with on an almost daily basis.

While there are many hypothetical events which could semi-plausibly trigger a readiness within the general populace to undergo a global paradigm shift of this nature, a faked unearthing of our "real creators"---and the falsely-perceived anti-God implications therein---seems to be what we're all being buttered up for.

If a plan of this nature is truly in the works, I certainly wish the soon-to-be perpetrators would just get on with it. I may be mis-reading the texture of the consciousness of humanity, but it seems like the overwhelming majority is primed and ready to be spoon-fed the next "biggie".

Then again, perhaps it would be in the best interest of any such plan's maximum shock-value to wait for Romney to take care of business, first.
On yeah, one more thing to add. If you think that the plan to present a bunch of skeletons as evidence of who created us is beyond these people, don't forget the many different "finds" these people have tried to pawn off to us as evidence for evolution, like the Piltdown Man. They've tried this kind of chicanery before many times. The Wikipedia entry below gives you a rundown on the Piltdown Man. It shows that no amount of low down trickery is beyond them, they are lower than dirt, rotten to the core.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piltdown_Man
The Piltdown Man was a hoax in which bone fragments were presented as the fossilised remains of a previously unknown early human. These fragments consisted of parts of a skull and jawbone, said to have been collected in 1912 from a gravel pit at Piltdown, East Sussex, England. The Latin name Eoanthropus dawsoni ("Dawson's dawn-man", after the collector Charles Dawson) was given to the specimen. The significance of the specimen remained the subject of controversy until it was exposed in 1953 as a forgery, consisting of the lower jawbone of an orangutan deliberately combined with the skull of a fully developed modern human.

The Piltdown hoax is perhaps the most famous palaeontological hoax ever to have been perpetrated. It has been prominent for two reasons: the attention paid to the issue of human evolution, and the length of time (more than 40 years) that elapsed from its discovery to its full exposure as a forgery.
Dcopymope
Banned

UnMasking Twilight & Marvel's Occult Deceptions:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekCi8Nn6GdY
Wings

Unread post by Wings »

fbenario wrote:I'm aware this is only tangentially related to this thread, but I was wondering if anyone else has developed a severe dislike/distrust for ALL movies. Ever since learning the truth about 9/11 media fakery, I find acting so distasteful I can't watch it anymore, since by definition it involves simulating reality. Right now I think all actors, and everyone else involved in tv/movies, are liars - and I despise lying with everything in me.

Anyone else find movies unwatchable now?

I realized when I was still a kid, that I was not comfortable 'seeing' into or through other's efforts at 'entertaining' me, or, of their being 'entertaining'...I began to feel there was something inherently indecent about it, and, I shunned situations or conditions or products or services, ( Movies, TV, Radio Drama Programs Newspapers, Magazines, Advertisments, cloying or 'entertaining' people, etc ) which were about that.

'Movies' generally did not 'work' for me, in so far as I was not talented at 'suspending my incredulity'.

To me, the characters looked like hamming 'Actors' making faces or gestures or whatever, and, the Music, and cuts and so on, scene changes, all of it, held no 'Spell' for me...or, rather, it seemed over wrought and pathetic and leading or merely 'staged', so, I just preferred to avoid having to oblige that sort of experience.

I did not like Concerts, Plays, Stand Up Comedians, Comedians, in general, I did not like song and dancse, or song, or dance, or 'entertainment', and I did not need or wish TO be 'entertained'.

So, I shunned just about all media unless it Books or some Phongraph Records.

I did used to like to watch the Jack Parr Show and I was grateful my parents would let me stay up late to do so. He had interesting Guests, and, I still remember quite a bit of his various shows.

That is the last TV Show I recall genuinely liking.

School, or 'compulsory public education', as far as I was concerned, was merely part of the wider 'entertainment' ( "Sell" ) and 'supension of incredulity' phenomenon continuum of someone selling their own or someone else's shamming, and, I hated 'school', and did nothing but sit there and day dream, or withdraw, getting straight "D"s or sometimes "F", and being then 'held back'...other than, to now and then notice, it was the same sham and jive as the rest of the entertainment spectrum, if not worse for having to rely on it's victims being made into a "Captive Audience".

I knew how to read and write prior to being forced to enter the so called 1st Grade, I had very good Cursive, I had wide interests, and, I was never able to find any justifcation I could believe in, for parents to condemn their Children to 'school', especially if a Child were self motivated and literate to begin with.

I dislike all 'Magazines', Newspapers, and 'advertising'...and, I do not wish to be 'sold' anything.

We generally retain some recollection of hearing the phrase 'suspend one's incredulity' when it comes to Motion Pictures.

It is our larger Cultural ( if not individual ) Suicide by proxy I think, that we were not alert enough to realize, iot applies also, to jobs, school, collusions of all sorts, elusions of all sorts, and, a great deal else, where, were it not for our entrancement ( or normative habituation to hypnosis, really ) we would never have put up with things and events we otherwise blandly accepted, took part in, celebrated, demanded, or present ourselves for, or to.

so, that's my missive on that...
Dcopymope
Banned

Dcopymope wrote:
I, Gestalta wrote:
I think what is coming next in our immediate future will have to be another major war, a war on a global scale
This is what I was referring to with my remark about Romney "taking care of business". I'm afraid I cannot be any less cryptic, and I apologize.

As for an alien deception being the only catalyst, I'm afraid I will have to disagree. Yes, it would certainly fit the criteria of a Strong Delusion, but so would the demonstration of miracles by a man. As you are aware, the New Age concept of evolutionary godhood is one of the most disseminated tenets of theosophy. It stands to reason that if a man were to perform the same miracles as He once did, many times, all over the world, people would become more and more willing to embrace that man as their savior. I actually have to run right now, but I will be able to reply more in-depth tomorrow. Sorry.
I think the alien deception and the idea of an ascended master, or the return of the "The Christ" as Theosophy and the New Age movement calls it, who will perform miracles and such has a symbiotic relationship with each other, or should I say its been made symbiotic. The video below goes into all this pretty well, it was made by the same guy that was behind the Ancient Aliens Debunked video. The video was originally uploaded in 2009 on what he thought was going to happen from there on in, and so far I would say he was spot on with his predictions.

How 2012 "Enlightenment" Will Lead to Genocide (full video):
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgavG2y-C6k

At the 14:32 mark of the above video, Chris White predicts that:
"A major war will be set up by those who have the power to make things like that happen, I think there will be an effort to make this war seem like the same war prophesied at the end of the Bible, in order to give credibility to their next move. There will also be before that an effort in the coming years to make a man seem like the Biblical Antichrist. They will make it look like he has made a peace agreement with Israel and the whole bit. They will put him in charge of some quasi global government, maybe the U.N or the EU. This system and man will essentially be the fall guy."
I was going to wait until the presidential elections was over, but I might I as well post this now since we're discussing this topic. Before Obama was even elected the first time, people were already making him out to be the Antichrist and still are. Obama's anti christian rhetoric only helped facilitate this sentiment. He also stated in one video that in his second term he wants to "get rid of Christmas", although I'm having a hard time finding that video now, but I'm not surprised, I'll post it if I can find it. Obama is also the first President to ever become the head of the U.N Security Council, so it seems like his predictions actually are coming to past, more or less. In any case, it seems that whoever becomes the next President, who will likely be Obama, will be set up big time as the fall guy for everything that happens.

Barack Obama is the first United Nations President

CNN: Is Obama the Anti-Christ?:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQoV_Ngl-G8

"You're the antichrist!":
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGJLaWokeyQ

Obama's Anti-Christian Comments:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R6EPDtxtBg

Barack Obama The Scapegoat:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_F5R4wt47E
Its all going according to plan.

Newsweek Calls Obama's Inauguration "The Second Coming":
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIS_pkKp4DU
Gracist
Banned

Unread post by Gracist »

Dcopymope wrote:UnMasking Twilight & Marvel's Occult Deceptions:

I just wanted to thank you for your posts on this forum, as I watch out for them because I always greatly appreciate what you have to say. I was disappointed to see your other topics locked before much discussion on them, though I understand they are out of the pervue of this forum. I'm happy to see other Christians here, and again just wanted to thank you for the information you share here.
Dcopymope
Banned

Gracist wrote:

I just wanted to thank you for your posts on this forum, as I watch out for them because I always greatly appreciate what you have to say. I was disappointed to see your other topics locked before much discussion on them, though I understand they are out of the pervue of this forum. I'm happy to see other Christians here, and again just wanted to thank you for the information you share here.
I kind of already knew the threads were eventually going to be locked. I'm used to it after being on this site for three years. I'm just getting the information out there.
Gracist
Banned

Unread post by Gracist »

Dcopymope wrote:
Gracist wrote:

I kind of already knew the threads were eventually going to be locked. I'm used to it after being on this site for three years. I'm just getting the information out there.
Thank you.

Edit: But more importantly, praise God. :)
Wings

Unread post by Wings »

One of the things I have noticed about 'Movies', is that they are the only source almost anyone will ever have, of seeing acts or conditions of discovery, romance, adventure, courage, bravery, intense drama or conflict or their resolutions, and lots of other things which they will never see or wittness or experience in their own actual lives, nor in the actual lives of those whom they know.

These vicarious 'virtual' experiences, in some way satisfy yearnings for those actualities, as "if" they have been actually present IN people's lives...as if they have been "Lived", acts and conditions which 'life' itself, as it is, or, as it has become, would not, and, does not, offer them, nor, do people generally provide them for themselves.

Along the same spectrum, "Music" -

Any kind of commercial Building one enters, has 'Music' playing; Bars, Restaurants, Hotels, Grocery Stores, the Post Office, Doctor's Offices, Hardware Store, Shoe Store, Lawyer's Offices, Architect's Offices, Auto Parts Store, endless people's private Automobiles, people's Homes,
you name, it, there is 'music' being played over speakers.

Often enough the 'Music' off and on features some Song which is merely a format for a narrow formulaic variaiton of Negress or Mulatto Sirens, wailing in mock oestrus.

Some of what this does, is to introduce subliminally compelling experiential elements, which of course, would otherwise not be present, ( or would be an absurdity or embarassment in context, if they were ) thus, in it's way, occasioning in the listener, in the passive or unwitting 'listener', as well as in the enrapt one, the opportunity of never being actually present, anywhere, any time, for anything.

Almost no one is ever any longer where they are, or, in the actual surrounds or conditions in which they are...rather, resonating with or entering into the 'music' being played, or, with the after-effects or attenuated lingerings in their minds, of Movie and TV and Music experience, as they introjectively function to 'mediate', everyone is someplace else, somewhere else, and not in the 'present' conditions or present location they are otherwise actually in ( otherwise )...with whatever those actual conditions may be, being mediated or disguised, or even obliterated, by 'entertainment' experience.

Thus to that degree, are they incapable of acting responseably or of being responsibly aware of their surroundings or of any ambient conditions, in the ways they might otherwise have been had they been un-conditioned in this way.

One can see this when closely observing anyone over hours, the person has a 'song-in-their-head' which they are responding to or are involved with, they are entering 'into' or being transported by, some 'song' which is being played on speakers...they are tapping a foot, mouthing the 'words', bobbing their head, they are 'dancing' more or less, 'to' the Music...

Or, they are associating details around them with or through the veils of those overlays or underlays of Movies or Songs or TV programs...'entertainment-entrainment' is their primary 'reality', against which or in which, their otherwise actual 'reality' is fitted or associated or apprehended...associateing something 'with' an exciting song passage or allusion, is almost as "IF" they were living the thing in quesiton, for themselves...or, the entertainment-entrainment is something their otherwise actual 'reality' merely supports, like how a Blank Gesso 'Canvas' supports an Oil Painting overlay.

I mentioned my concerns with this, to a Professor of History, at a Dinner one time, maybe fifteen years ago or so, and he instantly became furious and started snarling and almost spitting at me, calling me, an 'Intelligentcia'.

I forgot to ask him, what his favorite TV show was.
edgewaters

Unread post by edgewaters »

Wings wrote:One of the things I have noticed about 'Movies', is that they are the only source almost anyone will ever have, of seeing acts or conditions of discovery, romance, adventure, courage, bravery, intense drama or conflict or their resolutions, and lots of other things which they will never see or wittness or experience in their own actual lives, nor in the actual lives of those whom they know.

These vicarious 'virtual' experiences, in some way satisfy yearnings for those actualities, as "if" they have been actually present IN people's lives...as if they have been "Lived", acts and conditions which 'life' itself, as it is, or, as it has become, would not, and, does not, offer them, nor, do people generally provide them for themselves.
Not the only source. What about books? They conform to everything you just described. Admittedly they are different in some respects, but in the sense of providing a simulated experience they're the same. I don't mean reference books or dictionaries, naturally, but I don't limit that observation to fiction and novels; the same thing is present in non-fiction too, such as the accounts of explorers or soldiers.

It's interesting that you mention music. Today, music creates a mood or atmosphere, elicits emotion, without necessarily telling a story. But it didn't start that way. It originates as a mnemonic trick, used to memorize long texts as part of oral traditions, before writing. Beowulf is a good example. It was eventually written down, but it started out as an oral tradition. That's also why it's structured as a poem, because it originally went along with a beat; that's how the storytellers remembered the words. It, too, is a vicarious, simulated experience. So are many religious texts. In the Koran, you are as if present with Mohammed in Arabia, in the Bible you are as if present in Roman Judea with Jesus and his disciples, or in the Sinai with Moses, in the Bhagavad Ghita you sit as an invisible observer in the chariot with Arjuna and Krishna, eavesdropping on their conversation. All a simulated experience, through the text.
Dcopymope
Banned

Dcopymope wrote:
Dcopymope wrote:I think the alien deception and the idea of an ascended master, or the return of the "The Christ" as Theosophy and the New Age movement calls it, who will perform miracles and such has a symbiotic relationship with each other, or should I say its been made symbiotic. The video below goes into all this pretty well, it was made by the same guy that was behind the Ancient Aliens Debunked video. The video was originally uploaded in 2009 on what he thought was going to happen from there on in, and so far I would say he was spot on with his predictions.

How 2012 "Enlightenment" Will Lead to Genocide (full video):
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgavG2y-C6k

At the 14:32 mark of the above video, Chris White predicts that:
"A major war will be set up by those who have the power to make things like that happen, I think there will be an effort to make this war seem like the same war prophesied at the end of the Bible, in order to give credibility to their next move. There will also be before that an effort in the coming years to make a man seem like the Biblical Antichrist. They will make it look like he has made a peace agreement with Israel and the whole bit. They will put him in charge of some quasi global government, maybe the U.N or the EU. This system and man will essentially be the fall guy."
I was going to wait until the presidential elections was over, but I might I as well post this now since we're discussing this topic. Before Obama was even elected the first time, people were already making him out to be the Antichrist and still are. Obama's anti christian rhetoric only helped facilitate this sentiment. He also stated in one video that in his second term he wants to "get rid of Christmas", although I'm having a hard time finding that video now, but I'm not surprised, I'll post it if I can find it. Obama is also the first President to ever become the head of the U.N Security Council, so it seems like his predictions actually are coming to past, more or less. In any case, it seems that whoever becomes the next President, who will likely be Obama, will be set up big time as the fall guy for everything that happens.

Barack Obama is the first United Nations President

CNN: Is Obama the Anti-Christ?:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQoV_Ngl-G8

"You're the antichrist!":
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGJLaWokeyQ

Obama's Anti-Christian Comments:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R6EPDtxtBg

Barack Obama The Scapegoat:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_F5R4wt47E
Its all going according to plan.

Newsweek Calls Obama's Inauguration "The Second Coming":
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIS_pkKp4DU
The psy op gains more steam:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmG7cMWc9A8
blindedbyscience
Banned

Unread post by blindedbyscience »

If only media manipulation could be used for good (fun) rather than evil. It's Friday, and this made me laugh. :lol:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpwhA-LdOHo
lux

Unread post by lux »

Well, I didn't watch the Oscars again.

Since I didn't see any of the movies and don't plan to see them and wouldn't care who won in any case -- I didn't even know the show had been on the air until it was over.

I understand the award for the Best Work of Propaganda went to a movie called "Argo" which is supposed to be about the "Iran hostage crisis" which (if I cared enough to research) would most likely turn out to have been a hoax simply because it has the word "crisis" in it, a sure a sign of media fakery and psy-oppery.

The award was presented by a White House actress of some renown, I'm told, but I don't recall the name.
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

I read an article a while back about some company in Japan having a fiber cable that would transmit some odd terabytes of data (30 days of 24/7 HD programming) per second. If there was any truth to that article, there may come a time when the connection between the good glass of a camera lense in the hands of a competent cameraman and the pixels on the screens of consumer monitors are direct enough to make Hollywood irrelevant. Special effects can be fun, but even the fanciest kaleidoscope gets tiresome after a bit.

I am sure there is a huge demographic starved for content that is something other than blatantly or thinly disguised propaganda, but production and distribution are big hurdles for a lot of film makers. I once heard the winner of the American black Film Festival's Best Picture Award ask for funding in his acceptance speech. Not the Oscars. I got to see some of those films again in their entirety on Netflix and whatnot that did get distribution, but I am sure a lot of others go unseen.

I turn to the net more and more for content I don't think it will be much longer before the "on the couch with the remote" experience via the net gives people access to a huge array of options they don't know they have.

Watching the the Bad Lip Reading clip above and just thinking about all the pomp and circumstance involved with the Oscars makes me realize how little I am by missing not seeing all those psychopaths and megalomaniacs pat each other on the back. Hooray for the struggling film-maker or actor that finally gets a break, but Lincoln? Spielberg? It's a travesty.
Mercurial

Unread post by Mercurial »

Not sure if this has already been posted here, if so, apologies.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clza1XVA0SI

edit: missed a character off!
edit2: sorry Lux, I see you already posted it - oh well, worth revisiting if only to see more recent comments!